Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death (10631 Views)

Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft / PHOTOS: Vice President Namadi Sambo Visits Kano Over Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by chuqudy(m): 3:43pm On May 04, 2011
The US needs to capture the Nigerian Osama-- Buhari. He too has wasted thousands of lives.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by markiris: 4:07pm On May 04, 2011
inyass123:

This site is biased. Why the hatred on notherners when nothing happened. GOD SAVE US

the problem is not the site, nor the northerners but hausa muslims of the the north. but what do you expect?
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Sarahluv(f): 4:12pm On May 04, 2011
Sarahluv:

Easy for you to say; you would never be a target when the killing starts.

For those that have forgotten, too young to remember, or too young to have realized it then, the links below are the reasons why the Southerners have to preempt the actions of fanatics

http://allafrica.com/stories/200110180440.html

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/octoberweb-only/10-29-44.0.html

namfav:

none of your links work, and even if it were true why should you run for something which happened 10 years ago, and people expect there to be change and trust when there is still paranoia, usama was not our leader

I've fixed the links. They work now.
10 years ago, Osama was declared wanted, and Southerners paid with their lives in Kano for something they knew nothing about. For about half of the ten years from then till now, Southerners have paid with their lives for incidents that did not concern them - Miss world wahala; Danish cartoon wahala; Sharia law wahala; and more recently Buharigate wahala, even when the said Buhari won convincingly in Kano.
Don't forget that the Buhari issue happened less than a month ago.
Now Osama is dead, and naturally people would not expect those that have perpetuated all this havoc in the last ten years to suddenly become reasonable and detached from the Osama thingy, so they have to resort to self-help by relocating.
You honestly expect me to trust a group of people that massacred innocent corp members et al a few days ago and expect change from them? Be real, Mr.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Mynd44: 4:14pm On May 04, 2011
Nigeria and its northern wahala
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by jasman1: 4:26pm On May 04, 2011
It must be HAIL leaving with these complete Northern Monsters that are easily used by their corrupt leaders. Its unfortunate this is the only way they know that they can make their god happy,killing others. What a religion. The only language Northerners will understand will be the language thought and spoken by the Jewish State each time they come up with any nonsense in the name of their religion. We know Islam is a very violent religion, an observable fact but, must we go on tolerating that.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by comechop(m): 4:27pm On May 04, 2011
story is simply sensationalism at best
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by alahadiza(f): 4:36pm On May 04, 2011
Kano, kano everyime, all these southerners leave us alone i beg, u ppl over look ur problems 2 c other ppls own, give stupid info and start posting shit. there is nothing like panic here every 1 is going on wit activities only mosquitoes like d southerners are panicn, those 1ce panic wen they c their shadow. they shud leave go back 2 their states to work, they come here looking 4 greener pasture yet they insult us. kai kanawa mun shiga uku
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Sarahluv(f): 4:38pm On May 04, 2011
Unbelievable!! A human being typed this? Surely, you do not know Kano at all. Sabon gari is home to most Southerners in Kano, and not the preserve of any particular ethnic group.
Those that don't live there, live in other parts of the town considered relatively safe ( all southern ethnic groups involved). As I speak to you, many whose houses were burnt and were displaced during the Buharigate wahala are still at the Police and Army barracks; all ethnic groups well represented.

Obiagu1:

It's the Yorubas, when they are threatened, they run to Sabon Gari for the Igbo to protect them. When they are killed, they deny their brothers.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by cold(m): 4:41pm On May 04, 2011
Can't blame them.Self preservation is the first law of nature,even in other climes where lives are deemed precious security was beefed up in sensitive areas to avert any retaliatory attack(s).With these extremists,you never know
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by MeGaStReEt: 4:43pm On May 04, 2011
lol
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by cold(m): 4:47pm On May 04, 2011
Sarahluv:

Unbelievable!! A human being typed this? Surely, you do not know Kano at all. Sabon gari is home to most Southerners in Kano, and not the preserve of any particular ethnic group.
Those that don't live there, live in other parts of the town considered relatively safe ( all southern ethnic groups involved). As I speak to you, many whose houses were burnt and were displaced during the Buharigate wahala are still at the Police and Army barracks; all ethnic groups well represented.
You're being economical with the truth.Yes there are other ethnic groups in Sabon Gari but Igbos are in the main,the largest ethnic group in that part of town
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by namfav(m): 4:51pm On May 04, 2011
Sarahluv:

I've fixed the links. They work now.
10 years ago, Osama was declared wanted, and Southerners paid with their lives in Kano for something they knew nothing about. For about half of the ten years from then till now, Southerners have paid with their lives for incidents that did not concern them - Miss world wahala; Danish cartoon wahala; Sharia law wahala; and more recently Buharigate wahala, even when the said Buhari won convincingly in Kano.
Don't forget that the Buhari issue happened less than a month ago.
Now Osama is dead, and naturally people would not expect those that have perpetuated all this havoc in the last ten years to suddenly become reasonable and detached from the Osama thingy, so they have to resort to self-help by relocating.
You honestly expect me to trust a group of people that massacred innocent corp members et al a few days ago and expect change from them? Be real, Mr.
miss world was nothing but the norths problem why should other people meddle? the same for sharia law, why do people think they can interfere in other people's affairs, i don't think northerners would interfere with affairs that don't concern the north elsewhere, it's your own wahala if you don't want to trust northerners no one asked anyone for trust, but you can't honestly think that nigeria will survive as a union if there is no trust amongst the people, in the north we try to trust our northern kin but it can't materialize if the south does not trust the north based on the fact the north is muslim some people will overreact sometimes but that is not only a northern problem, you see it everywhere neither is it a muslim problem
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by kelvin(m): 4:53pm On May 04, 2011
namfav:

i ask her to give one person who was killed because of usama's death and i sound like a murder and i attack her, oh dear im sorry if that's what you think of nrotherners as nothing but blood thirsty individuals
none of your links work, and even if it were true why should you run for something which happened 10 years ago, and people expect there to be change and trust when there is still paranoia, usama was not our leader

Progress is built on mutual trust. You don't expect the non-northerners up north to go about their business knowing that any trivial thing can cause them to be slaughtered. If you have ever come close to being impaled or decapitated by a suya knife, I'm sure you'll see things differently.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by cold(m): 4:54pm On May 04, 2011
namfav:

miss world was nothing but the norths problem
Ok you got my attention!How was Miss World the 'North's problem'  
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by mbatuku1: 4:59pm On May 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's the Yorubas, when they are threatened, they run to Sabon Gari for the Igbo to protect them. When they are killed, they deny their brothers.

Yorubas are really a sorry case. Yet, they continue denying they get killed in northern riots.

Sometimes, I feel no pity for any of them killed in the North. Let them keep living in denial.

Obiagu, are there not also Yorubas living in Sabon gari, and Igbos living outside Sabon gari?
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by ariyebaba(m): 5:12pm On May 04, 2011
Were are the educated Northerners on NAIRALAND ? They should say something ,
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Johnnoo(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2011
roflmao!
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 04, 2011
@ sarahluv and cold, thank una very much: why are u arguing with a northern cattle Zap.e.r, abeg leave the retard alone, he is free to think and talk from his a/s/s
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Sarahluv(f): 5:25pm On May 04, 2011
Sabon gari cannot be said to be predominantly ibo. That statement is debatable, still, it is not the crux of the response to obiagu. Nobody runs to sabon gari to be protected by ibos. Let us not ascribe to any group, power that they possess not.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Sarahluv(f): 5:30pm On May 04, 2011
namfav:

miss world was nothing but the norths problem why should other people meddle? the same for sharia law, why do people think they can interfere in other people's affairs, i don't think northerners would interfere with affairs that don't concern the north elsewhere, it's your own wahala if you don't want to trust northerners no one asked anyone for trust, but you can't honestly think that nigeria will survive as a union if there is no trust amongst the people, in the north we try to trust our northern kin but it can't materialize if the south does not trust the north based on the fact the north is muslim some people will overreact sometimes but that is not only a northern problem, you see it everywhere neither is it a muslim problem

No need for falsehood. Miss world was to be hosted by Nigeria, and some fanatics in the North started making all sorts of noise. As soon as a newspaper published an article concerning the rantings, Christians and Southerners were murdered. The North flowed with blood. Sharia law wahala - an excuse to murder by extremist fanatics.
I know loads of decent Northerners - they mind their business. Fanatics on the other hand, have been programmed to look for opportunities to cause mayhem; they would murder if someone sneezes. You asked for trust by saying how can we talk of change if we can't trust. We can't trust if fanatics don't change, and that's the truth.
It is not a muslim problem, it is a fanatic problem. Unfortunately, they abound up North
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by myinfobell(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2011
What Fuss about nothing, the north is calm so y the news
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by nanidee(f): 5:59pm On May 04, 2011
inyass123:

This site is biased. Why the hatred on notherners when nothing happened. GOD SAVE US

Well, because they have put so many people in pain over their incessant killings. That's why is seems like everyone is biased.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Abu09: 6:08pm On May 04, 2011
The funny and interesting thing is that these Arabs treat Nigerian(hausa-fulani) muslims like shit. They don't respect them and treat them badly. They are just jobless people in Kano- that's all
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by nanidee(f): 6:10pm On May 04, 2011
Abu09:

The funny and interesting thing is that these Arabs treat Nigerian(hausa-fulani) muslims like poo. They don't respect them and treat them badly. They are just jobless people in Kano- that's all

Do they (the arabs) even know them?
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Basseti: 6:15pm On May 04, 2011
namfav:

miss world was nothing but the norths problem why should other people meddle?

Please I have two simple questions:

1) How is Miss world a "Northern problem"?

2) How did OTHER people meddle?
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by MMM2(m): 6:18pm On May 04, 2011
i thank God, dat bastard osama is dead
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by kholis(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2011
One should not blame those running to save dear lives. They are aware that they live amidst the so called 'northern brothers' who are the most barbaric and uncivilized wandering-band idiots on the face of the earth. However, what bothers me stiff is why the southerners are still up there and at the same time love their lives.

Come to think of it, must the southerners always be victims to the God-forsaken, 'Zombie militia' called Almajiris? It hurts so much that a sect of the country is paying so much for unity which can never be attained. The 'one Nigeria' message has made some people great loosers.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by namfav(m): 6:41pm On May 04, 2011
cold:

Ok you got my attention!How was Miss World the 'North's problem'  

talking about the events before the miss world, it was a northern problem
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by juman(m): 6:44pm On May 04, 2011
This thread is funny. grin

A wise disable always escape known or expected war.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by namfav(m): 6:47pm On May 04, 2011
Sarahluv:

No need for falsehood. Miss world was to be hosted by Nigeria, and some fanatics in the North started making all sorts of noise. As soon as a newspaper published an article concerning the rantings, Christians and Southerners were murdered. The North flowed with blood. Sharia law wahala - an excuse to murder by extremist fanatics.
I know loads of decent Northerners - they mind their business. Fanatics on the other hand, have been programmed to look for opportunities to cause mayhem; they would murder if someone sneezes. You asked for trust by saying how can we talk of change if we can't trust. We can't trust  if fanatics don't change, and that's the truth.
It is not a muslim problem, it is a fanatic problem. Unfortunately, they abound up North

sis sharia law does not promote murder, neither should it apply to non-muslims anyway, miss world if it had a agenda with the north then they had no business to be in nigeria, we have fanatics in the north and in the south as well, there is no difference, everyone should mind their own business, if someone is to be prosectued under islamic law it should be dealt in the north, why should southern christian groups go up in arms? they should mind their own business
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by namfav(m): 6:49pm On May 04, 2011
Basseti:

Please I have two simple questions:

1) How is Miss world a "Northern problem"?

2) How did OTHER people meddle?

southerners started to protest on amina lawal, a muslim woman, how is it her business whether she is prosecuted under islamic law, how does it affect the south?
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by sley4life(m): 6:50pm On May 04, 2011
ar these northerners/hislam born 2 terrorise. Wat d hell do they gain in riots. Let justice prevail. let them live alone or go 2 d jungle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Vows To Secure Leah Sharibu’s Release / Illegal Structures: Oyo Govt Talks Tough, Demolishes 5 Shops, Seals Filling Stat / Ebonyi: PDP, Lawmakers Deny Resignation Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.