Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum (1671 Views)

Tinubu May Travel Out As Northern Youths Seek Probe Of Buhari’s Aides / APC Presidential Ticket: Panic In South As Northern Aspirants Plot Major Shocker / Northern Group Demands Arrest Of Tinubu (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by VEXT: 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
A group of women under the aegis of the Amalgamation of Northern Women Associations, on Saturday, demanded a referendum to allow Biafran agitators to chose whether or not to remain in Nigeria.

The coordinator of the group, Hadiza Adamu, spoke on behalf of other members, during a protest in Abuja, on Saturday.

She said, “Nigerian History has shown that women carry the heavy burden of war and acts of insurrections and terrorism. We have gone through it from 1967 to 1971, our men died and left us with the children to cater for out of nothing, other men that survived simply moved on but we never moved on.

“The aftermath of the war and the sufferings left lifetime scars in our hearts and on our bodies. It is for this reason that we (have) come together today and say we don’t want another war, another insurrection.

“We, therefore, unanimously call on President Muhammadu Buhari as the leader and father of the country; and the leadership of the National Assembly, President of the Senate, Dr. Ahmad Lawal; and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila; to immediately call for a referendum in the country.

“Let people choose to live in peace in Nigeria or leave, any other group or nationality that wants to secede to exercise their rights of self-determination like the South-East has been agitated for decades to be allowed to leave Nigeria peacefully, without resorting to a second civil war.

“Today the Igbo nation has turned the entire South-East to almost a war zone, northerners irrespective of their tribes are no longer safe, states’ infrastructures are no longer safe, service personnel from police to army are not safe, INEC offices and other symbols of democracy in the country are being destroyed on daily basis, our husbands that go to do business in South-East no longer return home safe, our political leaders who travel to the South-East on national assignments are assassinated in broad daylight.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-protest-in-abuja-as-northern-group-demands-referendum/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1622894663

Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
The referendum will be in the 5 South Eastern state. I'm all for it too.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Amotolongbo(f): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The referendum should be in all parts of the country

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Bluntguy: 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
It's beginning to gain ground. We shall get there no matter the threat. We cannot be cowed by any threat of genocide. If Israel made it in spite of the hatred we will make it.

13 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Bigdik70inch2(m): 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lies!!!!!

Aboki had be the last to expect break........they knew deep within dat they r nothing without nigeria........

Infact......they will be worst than South Sudan.......if they dare stand alone.........

Abi........what will happen to a region filled with bandit and terrorist after breakup........

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Jashub: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
These women are just confused and jobless. Their region in the North east is being ravaged by banditry and terrorism yet they could not appeal to Mr President to end that but they chose to stare Biafra in the face and make useless and baseless rants. What nonsense

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Maxymilliano(m): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2021
This is a welcome development. Very thoughtful of these women. cool
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by limeta(f): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Already the referendum is going to be selective
only 5 east states
niger delta no right
oduduwa no right
middle belt no right
stop whatever you drinking or smoking even camel piss.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by fourboys: 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2021
Kokorokoo... Day don break, grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by IJOBA11: 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2021
WHERE IS THAT SIMPLYLEO AND HELL ANUS
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by ThinkSmarter: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2021
The moment the fg grant referendum to igbos, niger delta, south west and middle belt will follow suite instantly. Northern nigeria no fit give up on the oil so quick.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by DDDEnterprises: 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
The moment the fg grant referendum to igbos, niger delta, south west and middle belt will follow suite instantly. Northern nigeria no fit give up on the oil so quick.

You get sense!

In fact, locate any bar for your side, tell them make them give you any drink of your choice. It's on me. grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
Amotolongbo:
The referendum should be in all parts of the country
No other part of the country wants to leave Nigeria yet. Most want restructure, so please stop arguing.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Amotolongbo(f): 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
No other part of the country wants to leave Nigeria yet. Most want restructure, so please stop arguing.
says who?

What about those agitating in the South West?

You can’t soeak for anyone, only yourself
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
Amotolongbo:
says who?

You want referendum for all parts of the country so you and your backstabbing Yoruba people would betray the cause as usual.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by ablejesus26(m): 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nice one.
It's height time the various participants of this union come together and decide if they want to continue or not.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
Amotolongbo:
says who?

Those speaking in the South West are tiny minority. I'm in the South West so I dey tell you fact.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Amotolongbo(f): 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Those speaking in the South West are tiny minority. I'm in the South West so I dey tell you fact.
Who are you to talk about the fact in the south west?

FYI, I’m a South westerner. I just left Osun State And currently in Ado Ekiti and just passed through the venue of the protest in front of Adekunle Fajuyi park.

Speak for yourself cos you have no statistical fact to know what the majority or minority is.

Let there be referendum to allow everyone decide his/her fate
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Who are you to talk about the fact in the south west?

FYI, I’m a South westerner. I just left Osun State And currently in Ado Ekiti and just passed through the venue of the protest in front of Adekunle Fajuyi park.

Speak for yourself cos you have no statistical fact to know what the majority or minority is.

Let there be referendum to allow everyone decide his/her fate
You're an Igbo girl.

Majority of Yorubas don't want division.

BAT2023. Reporting live and direct from ikorodu.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by kponkedenge(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

There's nothing like 5 Eastern states.... It will be in the whole Igbo speaking part of Nigeria.... That one Aboki military Head to State carved out some Igbo speaking parts to Delta, Rivers and Benue and also carved out Some Yorubas into Kogi doesn't mean we don't still know our heritage and where we originally are from.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2021
CROSS MARRIED IGBOWOMEN IN HIJAB,WHAT A CREATIVITY cheesy
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2021
kponkedenge:

There's nothing like 5 Eastern states.... It will be in the whole Igbo speaking part of Nigeria.... That one Aboki military Head to State carved out some Igbo speaking parts to Delta, Rivers and Benue and also carved out Some Yorubas into Kogi doesn't mean we don't still know our heritage and where we originally are from.
Bro, forget this. It will be held in the 5 South Eastern state.

There was no Igbo nation before the creation of Nigeria. It was the British that merge Igbo towns together
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Obamaofusa: 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
Mcquine:

You want referendum for all parts of the country so you and your backstabbing Yoruba people would betray the cause as usual.

What do they want to betray,shivering fulani terrorist?
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Obamaofusa: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You're an Igbo girl.

lol

you are still sleeping on a bike.
The Yorubas who eat out of the rot of Nigeria are the only ones crying for one Nigeria.

99% of Yorubas home and abroad want Yoruba Nation.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2021
Obamaofusa:
lol

you are still sleeping on a bike.
The Yorubas who eat out of the rot of Nigeria are the only ones crying for one Nigeria.

99% of Yorubas home and abroad want Yoruba Nation.
The oba in Ado Ekiti didn't even open his palace gates for this agitators.

If he sure for them, let them create a political party. And I hope they are taking part in this constitutional review sha, they should be asking for referendum in the constitution.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Obamaofusa: 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The oba in Ado Ekiti didn't even open his palace gates for this agitators.

If he sure for them, let them create a political party. And I hope they are taking part in this constitutional review sha, they should be asking for referendum in the constitution.

You are still dreaming.Yoruba nation is here to stay.Nigeria is gone.It is a matter of a very short time.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Amotolongbo(f): 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
[s]
DubaiLandLord:
You're an Igbo girl.

[/s]oops

I wouldn’t have wasted my precious time.

Bat ko, flying squirrel ni
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
Obamaofusa:

You are still dreaming.Yoruba nation is here to stay.Nigeria is gone.It is a matter of a very short time.
Nigeria is gone as how? So nah by protesting up and down we go get the Yoruba nation abi? Let them start by first voting for neither of PDP and APC in elections.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]oops

I wouldn’t have wasted my precious time.

Bat ko, flying squirrel ni
Who cares.

BAT 2023.
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Obamaofusa: 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Nigeria is gone as how? So nah by protesting up and down we go get the Yoruba nation abi? Let them start by first voting for neither of PDP and APC in elections.

Stop this nonsense voting and face progress which has come with Yoruba Nation.
Nigeria cannot work with Northerners pulling everybody and everything backwards..
Re: BREAKING: Protest In Abuja As Northern Group Demands Referendum by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
Obamaofusa:

Stop this nonsense voting and face progress which has come with Yoruba Nation.
Nigeria cannot work with Northerners pulling everybody and everything backwards..
Nigeria is not working, but things needs to be done through a peaceful and democratic way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Was Nnamdi Kanu Doing In Kenya / See The Outraging Thing In Nigeria's 1999 Constitution / SAD! Soludo Will Not Be Anambra Governor This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.