Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,377 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? (1413 Views)

You Can't Call Yourself A Nigerian After Watching These Pictures / Do Not Feel Ashamed, Consult PDP Governors – Tambuwal Challenges APC Govs / Fayose Spotted Dancing With White Woman After Travelling Abroad Lauretta Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2021
Do you feel ashamed of being a Nigerian after tasting diaspora Life? This is something I have battled with my whole life- I have never felt proud of my country except when it comes to the Super Eagles and the music industry. I am grateful to God for been born to a privileged Nigerian Yoruba family that gave me the best opportunities life has to offer.

I still find it hard to come to terms how the average Nigerian reasons. How did our country come to the this sorry state when we can't even provide 24 hour electricity in the 21st century when we were created by the same God that created the Dutch,British,Canadians and Americans. While other countries are planning exploration trips to the planet Mars, Nigerians are arguing and insulting each other over tribal differences and cows.

When I look at the major candidates been touted for the 2023 elections I get even more depressed and ashamed of my country of birth. Are Nigerians not born into priviledge destined for a lifetime of suffering?Why do Nigerians have an affinity for their oppressors who have created a failed state, were it's citizens risk their lives through Sahara Desert and Mediterrean Sea to get to Europe and were it's citizens will jump from 30 story buildings in Indonesia when immigration officials knock on their doors to deport them back to their homeland.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2021
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44,Domnique,Seun

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by uBuNiT: 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2021
Yes. very shameful to be a nigerian. (though I am a nigerfa at gunpoint, and, I will free myself with gun)

Long Life UGM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2021
TMC and BMC crew your thoughts.
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanSek
Franzinni
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
Pquaver
AdolfhitlerxXX
Pvision2020
Simplyleo

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2021
uBuNiT:
Yes. very shameful to be a nigerian. (though I am a nigerfa at gunpoint, and, I will free myself with gun)

Long Life UGM
cry
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by pansophist(m): 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2021
It's inevitable. As someone that have travelled far and wide, it saddens me alot. Even countries that in global standards are considered poor/third world are miles ahead of Nigeria. You'll see that they have basic things like sewage, electricity, security, and a clear pathway to economical and human development. Their cities are well planned, a sense of national unity, healthy patriotism, and still be able to live good generally, and even better if you're part of the upper class in the society

In Nigeria, even with your money and ability to carve out a mini heaven for yourself, you'll still suffer. Its a systemic issue that even Dangote suffers from, he may ameliorate it, but Its still inescapable. If the president still have to go abroad for health care, what does it says about rhe country? Even Ghanian president doesn't do that.

If countries are humans, then Nigeria is an iimbecile, that in the next hundred years, it will only get older, but won't mature and reach full proper development. Other third world countries are like infants, they are not there yet, but with time, they will mature. I weep for my country.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
pansophist:
It's inevitable. As someone that have travelled far and wide, it saddens me alot. Even countries that in global standards are considered poor/third world are miles ahead of Nigeria. You'll see that they have basic things like sewage, electricity, safety, and a clear pathway to development. City well planned, a sense of national unity, healthy patriotism, and still able to live good if you're part of the upper class in the society.

In Nigeria, even with your money and ability to carve out a mini heaven for yourself, you'll still suffer. Its inescapable. If countries are like humans, then Nigeria is an imbecil.e, even in the next hundred years, it will only get older, but won't mature and reach proper human development. Other tired world countries are like babies, they are not there yet, but with time, they will mature. I weep for my country.
Countries like Botswana,Namibia are miles ahead of us and they are considered third world.

I always envied other Africans when they talked with excitement about going back home for Christmas. They talked with a level of confidence knowing they likely won't have to worry about encountering kidnappers,ritualists or armed robbers and have encounters with armed police,customs officials and soldiers that will extort them.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2021
How long will Nigerians have to wait to be proud of their country.

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Grace001: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2021
Ashamed is an understatement....

With the suffering and smiling lifestyle that most Nigerians have adopted as a way of life, they can only imagine good life of see it on tv.

They will just jejely accept their fate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Luigi03(m): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
I'm disappointed to be a Nigerian, not gonna lie. I reason the same thing, almost all the time. Nigeria has a lot of Natural Resources, even more than some of these big European countries. We gained independence before countries like China, and yet, they are still very far and highway above our league. It's very disappointing. Is it how the black man is? It's almost the same way in every other African country. Why are we like this? There isn't even any Country in Africa that can compete with the least developed country in Europe not to talk of the most developed. It's very disappointing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2021
Grace001:
Ashamed is an understatement....

With the suffering and smiling lifestyle that most Nigerians have adopted as a way of life, they can only imagine good life of see it on tv.

They will just jejely accept their fate
They are also active participants in their suffering and smiling lifestyle. Look at the candidates being touted as President and Governors in 2023.How do all ex-governors end up in the Senate?

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
Luigi03:
I'm disappointed to be a Nigerian, not gonna lie. I reason the same thing, almost all the time. Nigeria has a lot of Natural Resources, even more than some of these big European countries. We gained independence before countries like China, and yet, they are still very far and highway above our league. It's very disappointing. Is it how the black man is? It's almost the same way in every other African country. Why are we like this? There isn't even any Country in Africa that can compete with the least developed country in Europe not to talk of the most developed. It's very disappointing.
South African and Namibian cities can compete and the Arab Africans cities in Algeria,Tunisia,Morocco are better than many cities in Eastern Europe.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Luigi03(m): 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

South African and Namibian cities can compete and the Arab Africans cities in Algeria,Tunisia,Morocco are better than many cities in Eastern Europe.
Name the countries that they are better than undecided
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2021
Luigi03:

Name the countries that they are better than undecided
Belarus,Moldova,Albania,Kosovo,Serbia just to name a few

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Muna4real(f): 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2021
I'm ashamed of being a Nigerian here in my house, not to talk of when I travel abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Yobabad: 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2021
Local Yoruba Muslims will soon come and start beging for unity and one Nigeria here and there

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2021
Muna4real:
I'm ashamed of being a Nigerian here in my house, not to talk of when I travel abroad.
grin
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
See them trying to claim righteous.

Nigerians in Nigeria behave similarly abroad.

1. Nigerians abroad fight in the streets.
2. Many Nigerians abroad are scammers, prostitute and drug dealers.
3. Nigerians abroad do immigration fraud.
4.Let a group of Nigerians move into a peaceful neighborhood abroad, that place will turn into a lousy place if possible a ghetto.

I can bet my life that if a Nigerian town was in every European countries plus the United states, that place will be just as disorganized as Nigeria.

Nigerians abroad think they are better than Nigerians at home but the reality is they are both the same.

If the one abroad decides to come home, the main job is to steal and to show off.

The one abroad is all about nagging and leeching off another society while the other at home is busy destroying their home country. If you put them together, what will they produce, a diaster.

Both can't even build a nation, their main job is to complain from morning to night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
Yobabad:
Local Yoruba Muslims will soon come and start beging for unity and one Nigeria here and there
The north,south,east and west have to share in the collectively blame. There is no single city in the country to be proud of.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by courage9(m): 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2021
Nigerians in Nigeria are already ashamed of being Nigerians talkless of those in diaspora. I'm sure we must have committed an horrible crime in our previous life to be sentenced to life and living in Nigeria.

Hopefully very soon we can start renouncing Nationality...
Bunch of pathetic leaders...

3 Likes

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
See them trying to claim righteous.

Nigerians in Nigeria behave similarly abroad.

1. Nigerians abroad fight in the streets.
2. Many Nigerians abroad are scammers, prostitute and drug dealers.
3. Nigerians abroad do immigration fraud.
4.Let a group of Nigerians move into a peaceful neighborhood abroad, that place will turn into a lousy place.

Nigerians abroad think they are better than Nigerians at home but the reality is they are both the same.

One is nagging and leeching off another society while the other is busy destroying their home country. If you put them together, what will they produce, a diaster

I can bet my life that if a Nigerian town was in every European countries plusvthe United states, that place will be just as disorganized as Nigeria.

If the one abroad decides to come home, the main job is to steal and to show off.

The one abroad is all about nagging and leeching off another society while the other at home is busy destroying their home country. If you put them together, what will they produce, a diaster.

Both can't even build a nation, their main job is to complain from morning to night..

We eye to eye for the first time and agree wholeheartedly to an extent with what you have stated.

However, the immigration requirements for countries most popular with Nigerians is meant to bring about brain drain and results in the loss of the most wealthy and intelligent in the nation. The majority of criminals that manage to get abroad don't have papers and got there through immigration frauds such as false asylum claims and that is why they engage in drugs,prostitution and fraud.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

We eye to eye for the first time and agree wholeheartedly to an extent with what you have stated. However, the immigration requirements for countries most popularwith Nigeria is meant to bring about brain drain and the country losing the most wealthy and intelligent in the nation. The number of criminals that scrape through abroad don't have papers and got abroad through immigration frauds such as false assylum claims.

Lets be realistic, how many Nigerians are contributing to the development of their host countries Most are leeching off the system or adding to the population.

To be sincere, are you trying to tell me that all those who went abroad through the right path are all wealthy and intelligent, that is false, many are still worst off, only a very few are making an impact in their host countries.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Ekpeitit(m): 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
uBuNiT:

Long Life UGM
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lets be realistic, how many Nigerians are contributing to the development of their host countries Most are leeching off the system or adding to the population.

To be sincere, are you trying to tell me that all those who went abroad through the right path are all wealthy and intelligent, that is false, many are still worst off, only a very few are making an impact in their host countries.
There is no free lunch in any developed country. And many Nigerians are making impact in their host countries; there is no denying the fact that many are still worse off and relying on investments from Nigeria they inherited or sold to stay afloat.

It is tough to survive abroad if you are not in a stable sector like healthcare working as a nurse,doctor,pharmacist, dentist or in the Information Technology were the demand will always be high.

What is stopping Nigerians from nation building like you highlighted.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Ekpeitit(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2021
You're not a Nigerian, you're a Biafran.
Biafrans have no rights in Nigeria, in fact your passport should be revoked.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2021
Ekpeitit:
[s]You're not a Nigerian, you're a Biafran.
Biafrans have no rights in Nigeria, in fact your passport should be revoked.[/s]
This is one of the reasons that makes me ashamed of being a Nigeria the primitive tribalism.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by careytommy37(m): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Countries like Botswana,Namibia are miles ahead of us and they are considered third world.

I always envied other Africans when they talked with excitement about going back home for Christmas. They talked with a level of confidence knowing they likely won't have to worry about encountering kidnappers,ritualists or armed robbers and have encounters with armed police,customs officials and soldiers that will extort them.

I'm sure you know Nigeria was at most a 4th World Country pre-2015. Buhari has succeeded in taking us a notch backward since then. We are now at best a 5th World Country

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

There is no free lunch in any developed country. And many Nigerians are making impact in their host countries; there is no denying the fact that many are still worse off and relying on investments from Nigeria they inherited or sold to stay afloat.

It is tough to survive abroad if you are not in a stable sector like healthcare working as a nurse,doctor,pharmacist, dentist or in the Information Technology were the demand will always be high.

What is stopping Nigerians from nation building like you highlighted.

To answer your question, it doesn't take 1 million people to develop a country.

1000 intelligent people is enough.

From my observation of white people and how they build nations.

They build systems and make sure the systems never dies, you will also see that same system building when you work with them, that system brings organization and less choas.

Also you hardly see white people destroying things, they just improve on them, everything they do is to make every thing is more better and efficient.

Just read their history, anywhere they take their culture to, that place must become developed because, they spend most of their time building systems.

They went to Australia and still produce the same results, they went to south Africa and it is still the same result, they went to hongkong, the same result, japan and Singapore copied their system and produce the same result, china is also copying them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian After Travelling Abroad? by Ekpeitit(m): 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

This is one of the reasons that makes me ashamed of being a Nigeria the primitive tribalism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give Negative Review To All Apps Built By Southerners-northern Media / Why I'll Never Support This Weekly Sit At Home / Lagos: How Do We Get This Driver Arrested For Subjecting This Lady..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.