Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage (1283 Views)

Rev. Fr. Ike Odigbo: A Misleading Account On Enugu Security / Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous / Premium Times Apologises For Misleading Nigerians About Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by Charmingrascal(m): 8:44am On Jun 07, 2021
yorubarere:
The op just find a way to put his own narratives which is different from the source posted. He also wrote a misleading headline. I guess the Nigerian govt are now controlling nairaland

THE THREAD
https://www.nairaland.com/6590014/britain-warns-twitter-facebook-regulate

THE SOURCE
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9655757/Priti-Patel-blames-Facebook-Twitter-TikTok-soaring-number-migrants.html

WHAT THE OP SAID
Twitter Ban - Britain Follows Nigeria's Lead and Warns Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube To Regulate Their Sites Content

WHAT THE NEWS SAID
Priti Patel blames Facebook, Twitter and TikTok for the soaring number of migrants trying to reach the UK as she orders social media giants to remove posts that 'glamorise' illegal Channel crossings

CONCLUSION
Nairaland should remove itself from being used by the govt agents to peddle their fake news in order to justify their earlier actions of shutting the free speech of the people.

People like myself come here daily either logged or as a guest to check for daily news. Nairaland will lose viewers if we should see they are now working for the govt to repress the people.

The source is there for a reason, the mod that took it to frontpage should have checked before taking it to frontpage. We are not dullards. This is 21st century, no one can start changing the narratives without people asking necessary questions.

The mods can delete this or ban me, but I know I said my mind.

Yours
A Good Yoruba Boy

I saw it too and I was disappointed.

The other day it was an headline of how TB Joshua predicted his death and there was nothing of such in the video posted by the OP who created that thread.

Seun and his mods should please stop people from posting misleading headlines here.
Many people will not even read the news content after reading the headline and that is what they will keep spreading around to other people.

If you forum is against secession it should also be against misleading and fake headlines by state sponsored bloggers.
Re: Misleading News On Nairaland Frontpage by yorubarere: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2021
Charmingrascal:

I saw it too and I was disappointed.

The other day it was an headline of how TB Joshua predicted his death and there was nothing of such in the video posted by the OP who created that thread.

Seun and his mods should please stop people from posting misleading headlines here.
Many people will not even read the news content after reading the headline and that is what they will keep spreading around to other people.

If you forum is against secession it should also be against misleading and fake headlines by state sponsored bloggers.
Gbam. The bolded says it all. No need for their to start playing double standards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Accuses Reno Omokri Of Collecting $10 Million To Blackmail Buhari In New Y / Release Chiwatalu Agu, Nnamdi Kanu And Sunday Igboho Now” — Emeka Ike Tells FG / JUST IN: Secondus Loses Bid To Stop PDP Convention At Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.