Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,365 members, 7,957,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? (5696 Views)

Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa / Pls Help Me From Transit Visa Wahala Before Chinese Visa Expires in 3days Time / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Nelbless(m): 1:09am On Jun 07, 2021
Hi guys,

i will be making a brief vacation to Barbados next month and while booking my ticket online a while ago, as expected.....i discovered the journey will be for two days, 3 stopovers, yeah i will be flying Turkish Airline, so first stopover is there in Istanbul, then two cities in the US before my final destination....

My Question.....am i required to apply for a transit visa for the longwait at the JK kennedy airport new york .......? is not too clear to me
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by dochenaj: 2:01am On Jun 07, 2021
Nelbless:
Hi guys,

i will be making a brief vacation to Barbados next month and while booking my ticket online a while ago, as expected.....i discovered the journey will be for two days, 3 stopovers, yeah i will be flying Turkish Airline, so first stopover is there in Istanbul, then two cities in the US before my final destination....

My Question.....am i required to apply for a transit visa for the longwait at the JK kennedy airport new york .......? is not too clear to me
Where is your final destination? How long is your layover in each of the stopovers? Transit visa is usually needed when you want to explore in your stopover country and don't have a visa or need a visa for that country.
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by chukwuibuipob: 2:49am On Jun 07, 2021
lipsrsealed sad grin
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by sliksusan: 7:10am On Jun 07, 2021
Nelbless:
Hi guys,

if you are going to barbados and pass new york or JK you will need US visa for transit .
let me give you route you take turkish airline for LAGOS TO ISTANBUL TO PANAMA TO Bridgetown
Turkish airlines share code with Copa airline in panama it is copa airline will take you for panama to Bridgetown
nigeria passport transit istanbul but in panama nigeria pp only transit 12 hours
this only Route you can take to get you to barbados
l am live in panama city

7 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Nbote(m): 7:51am On Jun 07, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
lipsrsealed sad grin

U no understand anything wey dem talk up there. No b by force to comment
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by chukwuibuipob: 7:57am On Jun 07, 2021
Nbote:

U no understand anything wey dem talk up there. No b by force to comment
confused soul.So, booking space now amount to insult? Onion thief
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Quelme: 9:47am On Jun 07, 2021
sliksusan:

if you are going to barbados and pass new york or JK you will need US visa for transit .
let me give you route you take turkish airline for LAGOS TO ISTANBUL TO PANAMA TO Bridgetown
Turkish airlines share code with Copa airline in panama it is copa airline will take you for panama to Bridgetown
nigeria passport transit istanbul but in panama nigeria pp only transit 12 hours
l am live in panama city
how is life like in Panama? Can you please throw more light on how is like living in Panama City?
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Nelbless(m): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2021
sliksusan:

l am live in panama city

you are a blessing.....thank you so much, cause i cant imagine the US EMBASSY stress.....i am using skyscanner, will complete my booking now, changing the parameters

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Ijaay83: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
Nelbless:

you are a blessing.....thank you so much, cause i cant imagine the US EMBASSY stress.....i am using skyscanner, will complete my booking now, changing the parameters

I have tried to book this flight and I can’t get a direct one. All the ones am seeing are passing thru JFK or Canada. Please can you assist me with how you booked your flight?
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Ijaay83: 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2021
sliksusan:

l am live in panama city

I have tried to book this flight and I can’t get a direct one. All the ones am seeing are passing thru JFK or Canada. Please can you assist me with how you booked your flight?
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Mackelson: 3:31am On Jun 10, 2021

Unfortunately, direct flights from Panama to Barbados won't start until September.
At the moment, u can only get to Barbados via USA or UK and u will need transit visas for both. Maybe u can postpone ur trip till later in the year when flight schedules normalize.
You can also pass through Jamaica (visa still needed). Some guys organized a direct flight between Nigeria and Jamaica in Dec 20 but the one planned for June failed due to undisclosed logistics.
Naija passport na yeye.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Mackelson: 3:55am On Jun 10, 2021
Transit visas allow you pass through a country's airport to catch another flight without going inside. The UK has two types, one allows you inside for no more than 48 hours and the other doesn't allow you leave the airport. Generally you would need to leave the airport to your onward destination within 24 hours of landing.
Some countries however do not require you to hold a transit visa as far as you do not go through immigration and you leave within a stipulated time.
Your chances of being granted the visa by these countries depend on your reason for travel and supporting documents.
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Btcking49ja: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2021
sliksusan:

l am live in panama city
Please can you kindly advice on the easiest way to get the Panama visa from Nigeria....How is life in Panama generally......As for someone who has a family here and ready to hustle abroad....Thanks � in advance
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by sliksusan: 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2021
Btcking49ja:

Please can you kindly advice on the easiest way to get the Panama visa from Nigeria....How is life in Panama generally......As for someone who has a family here and ready to hustle abroad....Thanks � in advance

Panama didn't have embassy in Nigeria if you need panama visa you can go to south Africa or Egypt or Morocco where there is panama embassy them you can get the visa when l get my panama visa l get it in Ambassade du Panama in Rabat morocco during the time l am use Gambia passport and them l was live in Tunisia that time l just fly to Rabat apply and got my panama visa well panama is very good country and everything is good here if you come here you can enjoy it but must important you must understand Spanish language

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Btcking49ja: 10:48am On Jun 13, 2021
sliksusan:

Panama didn't have embassy in Nigeria if you need panama visa you can go to south Africa or Egypt or Morocco where there is panama embassy them you can get the visa when l get my panama visa l get it in Ambassade du Panama in Rabat morocco during the time l am use Gambia passport and them l was live in Tunisia that time l just fly to Rabat apply and got my panama visa well panama is very good country and everything is good here if you come here you can enjoy it but must important you must understand Spanish language
God bless you....please any link on getting the Gambian Passport...My whatsapp number is +2349076739352 �
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by stagger: 11:49am On Jun 13, 2021
Btcking49ja:

God bless you....please any link on getting the Gambian Passport...My whatsapp number is +2349076739352 �

Are you a Gambian?
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by seunny4lif(m): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nelbless:
Hi guys,

When I traveled to Bahamas
My flight route was Senegal - Portugal - Brazil - Panamas - Bahamas because Portuguese don’t required Transit Visa from S/Leone holders but they require from Nigerians
Using Tap Airline and Copa American
But most of the other Nigerians I met on the way used Turkish airline, Emirate and South Africa Airways
Fly from Nigeria to Brazil using those airlines and you connecting flight to Barbados but remember Nigeria passport holders are the most checked people

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by sliksusan: 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
stagger:

Are you a Gambian?

l am not gambia am a nigeria citizen use gambia passport always re new every 5 years l have been use gambia passport since 2008 always re new it

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by HOKIM(m): 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2021
��
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Lifeisgoody: 9:51am On Jun 17, 2021
Pls, how can I travel to UK without transit visa.
1. British Airways (direct flight) is expensive right now.
2. Due to the UK red list and amber list. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england
3. I need suggestions on Air Maroc. The only option for now.
Mackelson:
Transit visas allow you pass through a country's airport to catch another flight without going inside. The UK has two types, one allows you inside for no more than 48 hours and the other doesn't allow you leave the airport. Generally you would need to leave the airport to your onward destination within 24 hours of landing.
Some countries however do not require you to hold a transit visa as far as you do not go through immigration and you leave within a stipulated time.
Your chances of being granted the visa by these countries depend on your reason for travel and supporting documents.
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Mackelson: 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
Well, I've never used Royal Air Maroc so can't say anything about their services but I know they fly to Lagos and also to London and Manchester, so they should be an option. Have u tried Virgin Atlantic?
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Lifeisgoody: 12:31am On Jun 18, 2021
It's expensive.
Some people said they're currently running promo, but I don't have the link
Mackelson:
Well, I've never used Royal Air Maroc so can't say anything about their services but I know they fly to Lagos and also to London and Manchester, so they should be an option. Have u tried Virgin Atlantic?
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by NotaMod: 5:07am On Jun 18, 2021
Nelbless:
Hi guys,

Do you have US or UK visa?
Do you have extensive travel history?
Do you have Schengen visa in your passport?
Have you been to anywhere in the Caribbean before? Do you have hotel booking throughout your stay in Barbados?
If your answer is no to most of these question, I'm sorry to tell you that Barbados will refuse you entry and you'll be deported. Barbados isn't technically visa free for Nigerian passport holders, they look at your passport to see if you have other kinds of visa in there

Some of the Caribbean countries requires no visa if you arrive on a US/ UK flight and have valid visas of those countries.
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by HOKIM(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
NotaMod:

Do you have US or UK visa?
Do you have extensive travel history?
Do you have Schengen visa in your passport?
Have you been to anywhere in the Caribbean before? Do you have hotel booking throughout your stay in Barbados?
If your answer is no to most of these question, I'm sorry to tell you that Barbados will refuse you entry and you'll be deported. Barbados isn't technically visa free for Nigerian passport holders, they look at your passport to see if you have other kinds of visa in there

Some of the Caribbean countries requires no visa if you arrive on a US/ UK flight and have valid visas of those countries.

why did u say that,sir? What if i don't have travel history but my woman(fiancè) is a bajan national?
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by alfonso36(m): 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
sliksusan:

Is there direct flight to Barbados now ?
l am live in panama city
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by alfonso36(m): 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
[quote author=alfonso36 post=105327298][/quote] We are almost in September, is there a direct flight from Panama to Barbados now ?
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by sliksusan: 6:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
alfonso36:
We are almost in September, is there a direct flight from Panama to Barbados now ?

You can use Copa airline from Panama to Georgetown Cheddi Jagan Intl Guyana for Guyana to Bridgetown Grantley Adams Intl (BGI) by
Caribbean Airlines you must buy the ticket together like one ticket them you get two pass to Bridgetown
right now there no direct flight for panama to Bridgetown with Copa airlines
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 7:58am On Aug 31, 2021
For stopover flights
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Samken2: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2021
Hello guys
Is visa required while aspiring to travel and study in Barbados from Nigeria.
What are the procedures for that
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by sliksusan: 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2021
Samken2:
Hello guys
Is visa required while aspiring to travel and study in Barbados from Nigeria.
What are the procedures for that

when you went to barbados for study visa is not requirement because nigeria passport visa free to barbados 6 month when you enter you can apply for student visa
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by Samken2: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2021
sliksusan:

when you went to barbados for study visa is not requirement because nigeria passport visa free to barbados 6 month when you enter you can apply for student visa

Ok all I need is to buy a flight ticket from Nigeria to Barbados right
Re: Can Someone Explain Transit Visa To Me? by sliksusan: 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
Samken2:

Ok all I need is to buy a flight ticket from Nigeria to Barbados right

yes this what you need and you need to have PTA money because on arrival you need to show PTA money

(1) (2) (Reply)

The End Of The Old Nigerian Passport (mrp), No More Renewal. / 10 Things To Pack When You Travel / Travelling With Black Magic Charms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.