Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari (1003 Views)

FG Vs Nnamdi Kanu: Traditional Rulers, Lawyers In Court / Emily Eric, Senator Elisha Abbo Wife: I Stand With You Babana / APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 07, 2021
So much noise about the suspension of Twitter. Every Tom, Dick and Harry, including legislators seem to be carried away without any thought. Well, I dare say the FG was right in suspending Twitter.

For a long time before this suspension, when I visited Nnamdi Kanu's account, I always wondered why it was not taken down by Twitter. So much verbiage, misinformation and insults are spewed on his account, but Twitter didn't care. I personally wanted to write Twitter about it, very long ago. Nnamdi kanu uses Twitter to mislead igbo youths. And Twitter did nothing about it.

Also, during the EndSars campaign, some Twitter influencers were paid to "campaign" and Twitter was the main platform used to spread misinformation. That was very dangerous. Nigerians must not forget how Libyans were fooled by the western media to fight and kill Ghadaffi; today they regret it.

So, we as Nigerians must be careful about the interest of foreigners in our country. And keep them under check. Not every country is our friend. The white man is not your friend.

Even though President Buhari was wrong to threaten igbos, Twitter should have handled it better. Nigeria is not US or Europe. Nigeria is in Africa and as Africans, we respect our elders.

Censoring a Presidents account is disrespectful. Nigerians must remember that, Buhari will come and go, but that office remains. The Office of the President of Nigeria, must be respected and protected. We shouldn't allow our dislike for Buhari, ridicule the office. Buhari wouldn't sit there forever. This is the second and most imporrant reason I support the suspension.

Twitter, Facebook or any other company, nation or organization should NOT be allowed to disrespect that office, whether right or wrong. Buhari was wrong but we must respect that office. Nigerians must stop wailing like zombies and remember that Naija is our only homeland. We must be careful to protect its corporate existence. Enough of the Twitter cry please.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Gabrinoz: 10:57am On Jun 07, 2021
correct

1 Like

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Biodun556(m): 10:58am On Jun 07, 2021
Good
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 07, 2021
cool
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 07, 2021
TWITTER Stands.

Nigeria is irrelevant.

TWITTER is a voice for the voiceless masses.

#KeepItOn

N.B
- Buhari is an idiot - no respect for useless genocidal elders.

4 Likes

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Bisshop123(f): 11:06am On Jun 07, 2021
A bigot and a nepotic leader deserves no respect
A government who is more worried about Twitter ban Dan wat heardsmen and fulani bandit are doing to human life's and property....
Mtcheeew useless government
Twitter no try
Den suppose delete d account join

2 Likes

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Leboska(m): 11:19am On Jun 07, 2021
Anybody who stand with the presidiot is an idiot
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2021
undecided
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2021
cry
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Jesse6(m): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2021
"Buhari will come and go
But the office of the President remains"
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
undecided
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
kiss
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by PROPEACE: 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
Plus5:
So much noise about the suspension of Twitter. Every Tom, Dick and Harry, including legislators seem to be carried away without any thought. Well, I dare say the FG was right in suspending Twitter.

For a long time before this suspension, when I visited Nnamdi Kanu's account, I always wondered why it was not taken down by Twitter. So much verbiage, misinformation and insults are spewed on his account, but Twitter didn't care. I personally wanted to write Twitter about it, very long ago. Nnamdi kanu uses Twitter to mislead igbo youths. And Twitter did nothing about it.

Also, during the EndSars campaign, some Twitter influencers were paid to "campaign" and Twitter was the main platform used to spread misinformation. That was very dangerous. Nigerians must not forget how Libyans were fooled by the western media to fight and kill Ghadaffi; today they regret it.

So, we as Nigerians must be careful about the interest of foreigners in our country. And keep them under check. Not every country is our friend. The white man is not your friend.

Even though President Buhari was wrong to threaten igbos, Twitter should have handled it better. Nigeria is not US or Europe. Nigeria is in Africa and as Africans, we respect our elders.

Censoring a Presidents account is disrespectful. Nigerians must remember that, Buhari will come and go, but that office remains. The Office of the President of Nigeria, must be respected and protected. We shouldn't allow our dislike for Buhari, ridicule the office. Buhari wouldn't sit there forever. This is the second and most imporrant reason I support the suspension.

Twitter, Facebook or any other company, nation or organization should NOT be allowed to disrespect that office, whether right or wrong. Buhari was wrong but we must respect that office. Nigerians must stop wailing like zombies and remember that Naija is our only homeland. We must be careful to protect its corporate existence. Enough of the Twitter cry please.
So Nnamdi Kanu's tweet was not taken down by Twitter? Really? Do people like you realise that it is when an account is reported to Twitter that they act? Or do you think Jack's only job is to scroll through the millions of tweets to find out the ones that are wanting? Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by WorldRichest: 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
Another idiot on the loose.

1 Like

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by escapefromusa(f): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
I Stand With President Buhari

1 Like

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by billante(m): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
Plus5:

One question is buhari a public servant or a god?

Your answer will help fully understand where you are coming from

1 Like

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by escapefromusa(f): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
FreedomWinsNow:
TWITTER Stands.

Nigeria is irrelevant.

TWITTER is a voice for the voiceless masses.

#KeepItOn

N.B
- Buhari is an idiot - no respect for useless genocidal elders.

Twitter voice for the voiceless masses.

Your definitely voiceless now

3 Likes

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
wink
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
kiss
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Carlyscales: 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
Walahi we no get shame again in this countryo!

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
escapefromusa:

Twitter voice for the voiceless masses.

Your definitely voiceless now

i yam on twitter grin
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Plus5:

Well said bro.. especially the bolded

1 Like

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
Jesse6:
"Buhari will come and go
But the office of the President remains
"
Gbam!... that's simply what ignorant folks still don't realise.

1 Like

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
undecided
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
kiss
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by buhariguy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
Twitter my foot

1 Like

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by escapefromusa(f): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
FreedomWinsNow:

i yam on twitter grin

You must be voiceless grin
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Okoroawusa: 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2021
I Love PMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by Ballack1(m): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
You stand alone
Re: FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari by vasel15: 3:49am On Jun 08, 2021
Plus5:
[s]So much noise about the suspension of Twitter. Every Tom, Dick and Harry, including legislators seem to be carried away without any thought. Well, I dare say the FG was right in suspending Twitter.

Twitter, Facebook or any other company, nation or organization should NOT be allowed to disrespect that office, whether right or wrong. Buhari was wrong but we must respect that office. Nigerians must stop wailing like zombies and remember that Naija is our only homeland. We must be careful to protect its corporate existence. Enough of the Twitter cry please.[/s]

nigeria is not my country

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happens To Igbos Properties If Nigeria Divides?-greedy Lazy Man Questions. / Unknown Gun Men Killed 2 Army Officers / Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.