Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise (32988 Views)

Help Me Decide My Future Career / Grab These Cheap Affordable Lands Around ABUJA For Your Future Career ! / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by blessochampion(m): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2021
It is colorful, shinning bright, you will get there.
It is colorful, shinning bright, you will get there.
Your future is bright, you will get there.

Have faith!

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by sigiyaya112: 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2021
KennedyF:
Hello everyone,
Bear with me pls, this might be a long read and I apologise in advance for any grammatical error.

Recently I've had a lot of thinking about my life after school, how I can finally support my family after I graduate this year, I am the first son and the first child in my mom's extended family, so I have a lot of people looking up to me, and we only have one source of income in my family which is my dad, and recently he developed a health condition which affects his eyesight, and that is making his work nearly impossible.
The problem now that I'm facing is that I literally don't know what I want to do after school, normally I've had this notion that I will cross that bridge when I reach there, but now the bridge is so close and I have no idea of how to cross, to make things worse, I saw my result this semester and I failed two courses which will make me to come back for an extension, it makes me sad whenever I think about it, cos my dad will have to continue his risky job (thats even riskier cos of his eyesight) for a year or so
Sad part is that I can't even think of any side job that might be profiting me while in school or any work that I can do without a certificate, my friends aren't giving me anything useful, I wanted to learn graphics design, I'm passionate about editing photo and videos, I also wanted to learn animation back when I was in secondary school, but my parents killed that dream telling me to go for a professional course, back then they were still thinking school is the only answer to being successful, now I regret allowing them to let that passion die.
Right now I need you guys advice if you have any concerning my situation, or if you've being in a similar situation like mine, I need to know how you made it out successfully

I will accept your criticism, advice and whatever piece of info you can share with me
Every one in Nigeria should be afraid of his or her future!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by TheGuyFromHR: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
KennedyF:

I think u misunderstood me, I want to reduce/cut off the responsibilities on my dad's shoulder, I want to share the burden, I don't want him to stop work and leave the family helpless, that man have tried abeg

For the future, remember that a parent is responsible for supporting the children they brought into this world, so your father is only doing what is required of him and of anyone else who has produced children.

It's good that you want to help out, just keep asking family and friends for tips and ideas and your zeal will get you something.

10 Likes

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Julianaa: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
Most first child always has that fear

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Livesimple: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
Pls somebody help me am in Abuja precisely Karu nyanya where can i learn graphic design pls
Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Gamesmart: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
KennedyF:
Hello everyone,
Bear with me pls, this might be a long read and I apologise in advance for any grammatical error.

Recently I've had a lot of thinking about my life after school, how I can finally support my family after I graduate this year, I am the first son and the first child in my mom's extended family, so I have a lot of people looking up to me, and we only have one source of income in my family which is my dad, and recently he developed a health condition which affects his eyesight, and that is making his work nearly impossible.
The problem now that I'm facing is that I literally don't know what I want to do after school, normally I've had this notion that I will cross that bridge when I reach there, but now the bridge is so close and I have no idea of how to cross, to make things worse, I saw my result this semester and I failed two courses which will make me to come back for an extension, it makes me sad whenever I think about it, cos my dad will have to continue his risky job (thats even riskier cos of his eyesight) for a year or so
Sad part is that I can't even think of any side job that might be profiting me while in school or any work that I can do without a certificate, my friends aren't giving me anything useful, I wanted to learn graphics design, I'm passionate about editing photo and videos, I also wanted to learn animation back when I was in secondary school, but my parents killed that dream telling me to go for a professional course, back then they were still thinking school is the only answer to being successful, now I regret allowing them to let that passion die.
Right now I need you guys advice if you have any concerning my situation, or if you've being in a similar situation like mine, I need to know how you made it out successfully

I will accept your criticism, advice and whatever piece of info you can share with me

Two things:

1) The future is usually brighter than it looks when you have reached a point of awareness where you are worrying about it like this. So cheer up, bruv, it will eventually be okay as your expectations is already at rock bottom.

2) Maybe you can learn your father's work and take over from him if he works for himself or in the informal sector, so that income is steady.

Furthermore, I like your grammar, you don't post like the average useless Nigerian "yoot", I know and hope you will be fine in future.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Goldbw122(m): 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2021
Am a first born too am scared of my future too, so when I was in school I have a dream of learn vocational work so I took that delite in doing as many hand work, and it really help me yeah, and it give me money to an extent that I don't ask money from my parents it was like I was preparing for my future, so when I graduated and my parents was advicing me to take on a white collar job I tried to check the jobs and write and submits different cv and letter all over but nothing worked out..

And the most funniest part is that the hand job funds that I was getting was the one I was using to sponsor the white collar job pursuit... But nothing work it was like they where looking for a great connection from me like who are you? Where are u from? Whose family are you from? So the question goes on and on.. but when them goes on .. so I just gave up and work on my career and am doing good... I just told my parents that when God want me to get a white collar job he will and for the main time am not disturbing them for money.

Am sponsoring my own bill and helping on some family affair so am really fine.. so they said ok no problem that they will still look for a office job for me that they will continue searching so I told them good luck..

So my advice for you is that just go into that your dreams graphics design you know at first it will be hard and it will be as if you want to give up but still hold on because there will come a time that it will pay you well and you will remember what I have told you now...

Remember no body helps infact it is you that will help other remember you are the first born...

Good luck....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by McBrooklyn(m): 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2021
Bruh try work on the present now fess and let the future sort itself.. Go hard or go home!

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Commotfornigeri: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
Work hard and chill.

Time will solve it.
Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by after4: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
The answer to your problem is to learn a hand work. I will go for programming and you can learn it on line go to www.w3schools.com it is self explanatory on how to start from scratch to being a good professional, all you just need is a laptop and data. You can learn other hand works too. Please whatever decision you make, know that there are people who admire your condition, you own be say you even go university, that is the best gift your dad gave to you. People dey wey no go school sef yet their dad works hard and they are brilliant. Guy don't worry, God who made you knows your condition/challenges and will help him. Finally pray and ask him for help and direction

4 Likes

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Bullyslayer(f): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Like OP, I am also scared about my future. I am presently studying law, currently in year 2 but I have zero interest in the course. I don't even know what pushed me to choose it. It's so redundant and boring to me like I literally have to push myself to study just because I can't disappoint my parents with poor grades. I don't see my future in law,my passion is writing. I just want to leave this country and go study abroad and build my writing career there but everything is just so bleak.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by BSsniffer: 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Learn how to cut male hair(Barber).....do home services for it(tho be careful the houses you go). Did it while I was in college and it's highly profitable. If you barb 5 guys per day at #500 = #500 x5= #2,500 per day, #50k per month if you remove Sunday and Saturday (although you'd have more customers on Saturday).

All you need to do learn the skill and probably get the clippers and tools which would cost you around #15k for a start. One thing I've learnt in life is that you must be willing to humble yourself and not look down on any hustle as long as it's legit.

Please don't do yahoo.
Good luck.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Muhylonaire007: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
Guy... Normal normal, the future of everyone in Nigeria at the moment is wavy and we all are scared. No be only you dey there.
Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by dododawa1: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2021
Please don't involved in YAHOO YAHOO or CRIMES, legit pays at d end.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Asadujames202(m): 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hustle

Gather

16 million naira

Bolt out of the country

Straight to Germany
Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by mbak(m): 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
truth. every ambitious guy should be wary of the future

2 Likes

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by damorikoko(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
Second time I am seeing your post on the state of your mental health. Should you need one to talk to,reply this.

Bullyslayer:
Like OP, I am also scared about my future. I am presently studying law, currently in year 2 but I have zero interest in the course. I don't even know what pushed me to choose it. It's so redundant and boring to me like I literally have to push myself to study just because I can't disappoint my parents with poor grades. I don't see my future in law,my passion is writing. I just want to leave this country and go study abroad and build my writing career there but everything is just so bleak.
Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by brownemmanuel43(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
I understand the fear of the unknown. Bear it in mind that we all HV come and its quiet unfortunate that we came to the wrong country where dreams and ambition are being shattered by the useless leaders.
All the mistakes have being made, the only thing left for u right now is to sit your ass down and ask yourself what u really want to do with your life
Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by patorial(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
updatechange:
Bro invest your little money, while you can... Start selling pure water and cold mineral, there's demand for it now and the comeback is cool, you can make N1200 every day on minerals alone plus 800 on pure water making 2000 every day that's 60,000 per month and 15k per week.
Use your head, if you learn graphics design now how long will it take you to start getting in 2k 3k per jobs maybe once or few times a week considering the financial aspect? Them full nairaland here.. undecided

Bro to be sarcastic with you , you be bastard oo lol. grin

How can you advise a Nigerian student that hardly get up to free 10 hours a week to hawk mineral ? He won't have such time nah unless he will drop out of school.

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by FLYFIRE(m): 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
*GIVE YOUR KIDS THIS PIECE TO READ.*

It takes a LIFETIME to realize that one's DAD WAS THE BEST

*WHEN I WAS 4 years old, I knew my dad to be THE BEST*...

WHEN I WAS 6, I also knew Dad to have known it all...

*WHEN I WAS* 10 years of age, I knew Dad to be good.

*WHEN I WAS* 12 years I began to think that Dad wasn't as good as he was when I was a little boy...

*WHEN I WAS* 12 years old, I began discovering him to be more temperamental and strict as never before....

*WHEN I WAS* 16, I was convinced that he was an old school, and was not up to standard - to the current times we live in....

WHEN I turned 18, I thought Dad was very intolerant and hard to communicate with & also difficult to get along with...

*WHEN I* turned 20, I realized that he wasn't an easy person, and began wondering how Mom was able to put up with him in all the years of marriage...

*WHEN I* turned 25, it seemed like he had many objections to everything that I did....

*WHEN I* turned 30, I was convinced that we were not on the same page, and that nothing would ever please him...

����������

*WHEN I* turned 40, I then only began to realize how good my upbringing was, and that I should also raise my kids up in the same way...

WHEN I was 45, I started wondering how Dad was ever able to put up with all the challenges he faced with us whilst we were growing up ...

WHEN I became 50, I realized how difficult it was for Dad to have educated us and trying to instill good manners in us, thus I began wondering how he managed to tolerate our excesses

WHEN I was 55 years of age, I only then started realizing the wisdom & foresight my Dad had of life in getting us to where we are today...

When I turned 60, ONLY then did I eventually realize that *MY DAD WAS THE BEST*

It takes a lifetime to realize the true status of our parents. It takes us a lifecycle to really appreciate our parents.

The difference being, as teens growing up, we selfishly view life within the confines of our own interests, whilst our parents view life selflessly, sacrificing everything for us.

Sadly, we sometimes fail to understand that our parents are always our well wishers.

At 40 only, do we then start to realize that what we believed when we were 4 to be true...

Some are yet fortunate to have realized their parents true value whilst their parents were living, whilst others have unfortunately realized when it was too late - their parents have departed from this world; It's a painful guilt to live with.

Those saying my parents pushed me into this or that.....my only Word for you is ...DEY GROW COME FIRST

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by bigtt76(f): 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2021
Mistake you made was killing your passion for video and photo editing. Not too late, invest your time on Youtube to learn it. What did you study in school? What can you do with it? You also need to change your friends ...the close circle as they're not helpful for now.

Right now, helping your family is key, try and do something to keep hopes alive.

KennedyF:
Hello everyone,

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Buy a good phone and start doing yahoo.

Thank you.

Forget about NIGERIA and FUTURE.
lol, grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Donpenny(m): 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
Your feeling and fear are normal if you're born in this part of the world, even worse if you're born without a silver spoon in your mouth. Steadfast faith in whatever you believe in, be open minded, learn and master problem solving skills and monotize what ever skills you have learned. Best luck bro
Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
Bad parenting is one of the biggest problem in Nigeria, I ain't sure about other African countries

4 Likes

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Trustedpronet: 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
If you don't have up to 5milllion naira saving with the current situation in Nigeria...My people you should be scared of the future. I'm scared too.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Dymaco(m): 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
KennedyF:
TLDR version; I am a graduating student with extension that can't see any plan for his future and with a lot of expectation on his shoulder, with a dad struggling in his job
I need help...
Let me be plain with you. I learnt web design as a student. Infact school is only place you can learn any skills u wish.

Now I offer my digital skills on fiverr and upwork including sourcing for clients on Facebook. I make at least 30k per month.

You see that animation you wanted to learn. It is a gold mine for advert company. 2d or 3d animations, just find some one to teach you. It won't take you 3 weeks

3 Likes

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by PrinceofHCI(m): 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
Necessity they say, is the mother of inventions! Study your environment to see the services in top demand! Best of luck!!!
Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by iampeterben(m): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Don't be scared cos the future is NOW!

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by NNSSSHHHH888: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
KennedyF:
Hello everyone,

Where were you when your friends were doing yahoo? You better carry your laptop and start bombing site now. If u get better client, make dem run PPP or benefit for am.

9ja is F up, find ur way to survive

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by Ashibelieve: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
Chief I know it's difficult at this time but worry won't help and self pity is not the solution. You will come out bigger. I'm the first child too but learn not to take too much responsibility when you are not able to.

You are first child is does not make you a slave or the family provider. Do you, leave quietly, focus on whatever your hand finds to do.

Do not look down on anyone or look up to anyone for help. Build relationship, help people and people will help you.

Don't be naive, be bold as a lion, harmless as a dove but very wise as a snake.

You are a champ. Say this to yourself and soon you will see your mind attract what you tell it.

KennedyF:
Hello everyone,

6 Likes

Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by 1forall: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
Dukeolumidemans:
Bro I was once in ur shoes. But I noticed early that u don't need to wait for the future. U dream it exactly how u want it and create one for urself.
U need the following:
1. Self confidence.
2. Self motivation
3. A mentor
4. A target of what who u want to be in life
5. Have a plan and follow it
6. U need discipline, focus. zeal to succeed and never look back.
7. Focus on a few like-minded friends.
8. Leave women now and make money. They will come in numbers when u blow up.
9. Chase profitability (being ur own boss) and not salary (job).

Note: It's not about ur religion, sex, tribe or age, u can succeed legitemately just like me and so many others who came from the slum. Never give up!!!

This is good advise. Just follow your dream.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) / Man Sacks Female Staff For Insulting His Wife & Vying For Side Chic Position / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.