Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship (35056 Views)

Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) / Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE / Admiral Ibas Launches Keel Of Nigeria's New Warship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by JohnSin97: 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by JohnSin97: 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
Simplyleo:

Talking about daftness?

Let's check who is displaying daftness.

Now, how does the screenshot actually support your jaundiced argument?

First "a ship that is built and primarily intended for naval warfare".

Now are movement of soldiers and military hardware, humanitarian and evacuation activities political rally? Or is it a boys brigade warfare?

Second, "usually they belong to the armed forces of a state".

Now, who owns this LST? Or you think it was acquired by Aliko Dangote?

Third, "as well as being armed".
Was it not stated the weapon was tested?

Fourth, "they are designed to withstand damage and high speed"
So you can see it can't withstand damage?

Did you not see the speed clearly stayed as 15 knots? Or what do you think is 15 knots?

From the above, you can fairly say who is actually daft. grin

Lmao....
There's a difference between warships and boats that provide support and logistics to the navy, even in the airforce you have fighter jets and planes meant for logistics, it's like calling a transport plane a fighter jet simply because it's carrying airmen or army officers. Each has it's own use. You have a reputation for foolishness on this forum so I won't engage you anymore. You're the daft one here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by JohnSin97: 12:17am On Jun 08, 2021
Simplyleo:

First, boats and ships are not even the same and can't be used interchangeably. Just like interchanging the name trailers and cars because they both ply roads.

Secondly, all the nonsense you keep providing as proof for have actually been proof against. cheesy

Thirdly, on reputation for foolishness, tell me exactly what you have just done. Or you think you have been typing sense? Stop deceiving yourself.

Go and learn before jumping into the internet and start typing nonsense, you are not in your ummuna meeting. cheesy

Firstly- ok I'd correct myself, by saying that there's a difference between warships and ships.

Secondly- you've proved nothing but try to deviate by picking errors and contradicting yourself. You claim boats and ships can't be used interchangeably and say that it's Just like interchanging the name trailers and cars because they both ply roads, but you're stupidly calling a Landing Ship Tank meant for humanitarian missions/evacuation a warship simply because it's carrying navy personnel...... again it's like comparing an helicopter to a fighter jet.
You clearly can't see how stupid you are cus you're high on cow piss, but I'd educate you on warships and it's types;

Brig of War

Capital ship: the largest and most important ships in a nation's fleet. These were previously battleships, battlecruisers, and aircraft carriers, they are sub-grouped into:

Aircraft carrier: a warship primarily armed with carrier-based aircraft.

Battlecruiser: a ship with battleship-level armament and cruiser-level amour; typically faster than a battleship because the reduction in armour allowed mounting of more powerful propulsion machinery, or the use of a more slender hull shape with a lower drag coefficient.

Battleship: a large, heavily armored warship equipped with many powerful guns. A term which generally post-dates sailing warships.

Ironclad battleship: battleships built before the pre-dreadnought in the 1870s and 1880s
Pre-dreadnought battleship, sea-going battleships built to a common design before the launch of dreadnoughts, between the mid-1880s and 1905.

Pre-dreadnoughts: commonly featured a mixed main battery composed of several different caliber guns.

Dreadnought: an early 20th-century battleship, which set the pattern for all subsequent battleship construction. Dreadnoughts differ from pre-dreadnoughts in that they feature an all-big-gun main battery. The advantage lies in that if all the big guns have the same characteristics, only one firing solution will be needed to aim them all.

Bireme: an ancient vessel, propelled by two banks of oars.

Coastal defence ship: a warship built for the purpose of coastal defense.

Commerce raider: any armed vessel—privately or government-owned—sanctioned to raid a nation's merchant fleet.

Corvette: originally a small, lightly armed ship ordered by Winston Churchill, prime minister of Great Britain at the end of WW2. Corvette design was based on a commercial whale catcher, its primary attribute being ease of construction as an emergency wartime anti-submarine weapon.

Cruiser: a fast, independent warship. Traditionally, cruisers were the smallest warships capable of independent action. Along with battleships and battlecruisers, they have largely vanished from modern navies.

Destroyer: a fast and highly maneuverable warship, traditionally incapable of independent action. Originally developed to counter the threat of torpedo boats, they are now the largest independent warship generally seen on the ocean.

Fast attack craft

Fire ship: a vessel of any sort set on fire and sent into an anchorage or fleet with the intention of causing destruction and chaos. Exploding fire ships may be called hellburners.

Frigate: a ship used in modern navies (Although they date back to the 17th century) that are typically used to protect merchant vessels and other warships.

Galleass: a sailing and rowing warship, equally well suited to sailing and rowing.

Galleon: a 16th-century sailing warship.

Galley: a warship propelled by oars with a sail for use in favorable winds.

Gunboat

Helicopter carrier: an aircraft carrier especially suited to helicopters and amphibious assault.

Minesweeper

Minehunter

Minelayer

Missile boat

Monitor: a small, heavily gunned warship with shallow draft designed for land bombardment.

Naval trawler

Naval drifter

Offshore patrol vessel

Submarine: a ship capable of remaining underwater for extended periods.

Torpedo boat: a small, fast surface vessel designed for launching torpedoes.
Trireme, an ancient warship propelled by three banks of oars.

What you're calling a warship is a Landing Ship Tank(LST) as written in the article and not classified as a warship. Educate yourself before displaying your stupidity on a public forum.

Kindly fvck off.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by leofab(f): 1:15am On Jun 08, 2021
Rissamenti:

[b]We are not talking about prostitution and olosho here, woman.

That is you area of expertise. Stay away from this, Dunce[./b]
I don’t blame you... your country acquires a fishing trawler and mount two locally made cannon and you called you war ship... this won’t even qualify to fight the weaker Russian warship of the Crimean war of late 1800s...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by Rissamenti: 1:27am On Jun 08, 2021
leofab:
I don’t blame you... your country acquires a fishing trawler and mount two locally made cannon and you called you war ship... this won’t even qualify to fight the weaker Russian warship of the Crimean war of late 1800s...

Iliterate typing ignorant gibberish.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by leofab(f): 1:45am On Jun 08, 2021
Rissamenti:

Iliterate typing ignorant gibberish.

I don’t blame you; i blame your exposure.. keep celebrating mediocrity

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by NGpatriot: 2:38am On Jun 08, 2021
JohnSin97:

What you're calling a warship is a Landing Ship Tank(LST) as written in the article and not classified as a warship. Educate yourself before displaying your stupidity on a public forum.

Kindly fvck off.

LST serves 1 single purpose only and that purpose is to go to war. PERIOD.

LST not only transport troops, tanks, armaments and so on, it soften the shores before dropping off troops by gunning or bombing enemy positions.

How do you send a ship to war with troops, tanks, helicopters and do mine countermeasures and still conclude that it's not a war ship just because some news article did not say it is?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by JohnSin97: 2:50am On Jun 08, 2021
NGpatriot:

LST serves 1 single purpose only and that purpose is to go to war. PERIOD.

LST not only transport troops, tanks, armaments and so on, it soften the shores before dropping off troops by gunning or bombing enemy positions.

How do you send a ship to war with troops, tanks, helicopters and do mine countermeasures and still conclude that it's not a war ship just because some news article did not say it is?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

I can mount a gun on a speedboat and going by your logic I'd call it a warship, or me mounting a machine gun in a sikorsky heli and calling it a fighter jet or an F16 simply because I can use it to assult enemy, even the article clearly states the main purpose of the ship.... seems comprehension is hard for you guys. Your posting YouTube videos proves nothing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by NGpatriot: 3:14am On Jun 08, 2021
JohnSin97:

I can mount a gun on a speedboat and going by your logic I'd call it a warship, or me mounting a machine gun in a sikorsky heli and calling it a fighter jet or an F16 simply because I can use it to assult enemy, even the article clearly states the main purpose of the ship.... seems comprehension is hard for you guys. Your posting YouTube videos proves nothing.

You can also take speedboat to war while carrying troops, tanks, helicopter, other ships, do electronic and mine countermeasures?

How embarrassing can you really get?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by JohnSin97: 3:29am On Jun 08, 2021
NGpatriot:

You can also take speedboat to war while carrying troops, tanks, helicopter, other ships, do electronic and mine countermeasures?

How embarrassing can you really get?

You picked one of the analogy I used and twisted it to fit your argument....LST's aren't categorized as warships, I've shown the categories of warships and it's also out there online...if you are interested in learning you'd research and google it but you're more interested in arguing stupidly. It clearly a question of how stupid can you get?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by chrisvic007: 5:14am On Jun 08, 2021
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Fishing boat or not, I believe these people have an alternate motives for this

1 to fight illegal oil bunkering in the Niger delta region and, 2 to fight Biafra

The zooo is well prepared and we shouldn't relent our efforts to gallant ourselves as much as we can.

Has anyone think why the zooo are the only one controlling all the arm forces in the zooo?

We gonna watch our back very well

Lols. An average Igbo is an illiterate. Can anyone make a sense out of the thrash this one wrote? No wonder that the equally illiterate hunch back is playing Tennis with their brain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by Dedemworld: 5:16am On Jun 08, 2021
booscy:
Upgraded Fishing Boat

Others are building Submarines they're converting fishing trawlers by fixing machine guns, installing London used computers, fixing DSTV dish and repainting

must u condemn everything, when u can not produce ordinary bathroom slippers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by Lighthammer(m): 5:23am On Jun 08, 2021
Nice one we want more and i hope we will later have our own destroyer and submarine
Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:26am On Jun 08, 2021
Simplyleo:

Pls how does a warship look like? I want to learn. Maybe is for cruising and cargo abi? A ship with guns and capable of moving soldiers during emergency is not a warship? Pls what then is a warship?

Now read this:

It's not a warship.
It is to convey naval servicemen and their logistics. It's just like a military van and armoured personnel Carrier. The said ship is like a van. Though it can be used to convey arms, it's no fit to fight war . Don't be deceived.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by Belial06: 5:31am On Jun 08, 2021
Christiansen:
Meanwhile, we should get a few submarines too. I doubt if we even have one

Nigeria doesn't own a single sub nor have personnel trained to use one
Re: Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship by Yusufisraelj(m): 5:33am On Jun 08, 2021
JohnSin97:

Firstly- ok I'd correct myself, by saying that there's a difference between warships and ships.

Secondly- you've proved nothing but try to deviate by picking errors and contradicting yourself. You claim boats and ships can't be used interchangeably and say that it's Just like interchanging the name trailers and cars because they both ply roads, but you're stupidly calling a Landing Ship Tank meant for humanitarian missions/evacuation a warship simply because it's carrying navy personnel...... again it's like comparing an helicopter to a fighter jet.
You clearly can't see how stupid you are cus you're high on cow piss, but I'd educate you on warships and it's types;

Brig of War

Capital ship: the largest and most important ships in a nation's fleet. These were previously battleships, battlecruisers, and aircraft carriers, they are sub-grouped into:

Aircraft carrier: a warship primarily armed with carrier-based aircraft.

Battlecruiser: a ship with battleship-level armament and cruiser-level amour; typically faster than a battleship because the reduction in armour allowed mounting of more powerful propulsion machinery, or the use of a more slender hull shape with a lower drag coefficient.

Battleship: a large, heavily armored warship equipped with many powerful guns. A term which generally post-dates sailing warships.

Ironclad battleship: battleships built before the pre-dreadnought in the 1870s and 1880s
Pre-dreadnought battleship, sea-going battleships built to a common design before the launch of dreadnoughts, between the mid-1880s and 1905.

Pre-dreadnoughts: commonly featured a mixed main battery composed of several different caliber guns.

Dreadnought: an early 20th-century battleship, which set the pattern for all subsequent battleship construction. Dreadnoughts differ from pre-dreadnoughts in that they feature an all-big-gun main battery. The advantage lies in that if all the big guns have the same characteristics, only one firing solution will be needed to aim them all.

Bireme: an ancient vessel, propelled by two banks of oars.

Coastal defence ship: a warship built for the purpose of coastal defense.

Commerce raider: any armed vessel—privately or government-owned—sanctioned to raid a nation's merchant fleet.

Corvette: originally a small, lightly armed ship ordered by Winston Churchill, prime minister of Great Britain at the end of WW2. Corvette design was based on a commercial whale catcher, its primary attribute being ease of construction as an emergency wartime anti-submarine weapon.

Cruiser: a fast, independent warship. Traditionally, cruisers were the smallest warships capable of independent action. Along with battleships and battlecruisers, they have largely vanished from modern navies.

Destroyer: a fast and highly maneuverable warship, traditionally incapable of independent action. Originally developed to counter the threat of torpedo boats, they are now the largest independent warship generally seen on the ocean.

Fast attack craft

Fire ship: a vessel of any sort set on fire and sent into an anchorage or fleet with the intention of causing destruction and chaos. Exploding fire ships may be called hellburners.

Frigate: a ship used in modern navies (Although they date back to the 17th century) that are typically used to protect merchant vessels and other warships.

Galleass: a sailing and rowing warship, equally well suited to sailing and rowing.

Galleon: a 16th-century sailing warship.

Galley: a warship propelled by oars with a sail for use in favorable winds.

Gunboat

Helicopter carrier: an aircraft carrier especially suited to helicopters and amphibious assault.

Minesweeper

Minehunter

Minelayer

Missile boat

Monitor: a small, heavily gunned warship with shallow draft designed for land bombardment.

Naval trawler

Naval drifter

Offshore patrol vessel

Submarine: a ship capable of remaining underwater for extended periods.

Torpedo boat: a small, fast surface vessel designed for launching torpedoes.
Trireme, an ancient warship propelled by three banks of oars.

Kindly fvck off.

You are also in error Oga, making long statements to sound intelligent.

FYI, that's a frigate and it's a warship.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja / Senate Proposes Law To Tax Nigerians For Using Data And DSTV / Senator Dino Melaye's Camouflage Outfit Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.