Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) (33945 Views)

Ondo Gets 10 Bulldozers To Boost Cassava Production -Gov Akeredolu Shares PHOTOS / Piggery Business Plan / Pig Farmers Demand For Piggery Colonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Xboy1993: 10:12am On Jun 08, 2021
PDP member spotted
PEPPERified:
Impressive!
I really like this man. I think he is the only APC governor I like. His style of governance and his style is just different.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:13am On Jun 08, 2021
Flavor:

I wouldn’t say pork is worse than beef… in fact, some cuts of pork are better than some cuts of beef and vice versa. Have you had bacon? Pretty great, right? Now try beef ribs… also pretty great, but I’d say the bacon beats the beef ribs. Bacon vs. pork ribs is another story, but I digress…

Nutrition:
Again, this depends on the cut as well as how well you trimmed it. There’s a definite difference between beef and pork fat. Pork fat tends to be MUCH stickier, but for the most part, pork actually has FEWER calories than beef, so it’s BETTER for you pound for pound.

Cleanliness:
Historically, pork was viewed as a dirty animal because it roamed the streets eating trash, etc. There are more reasons, but we won’t go into that. None of those reasons are around anymore. Meat is an industry, and pork is now a very clean meat.

You MIGHT have to worry about parasites, but even that risk has become minimal compared to what it used to be. Cook it and you’re good. Technically you can eat it raw (I wouldn’t advise doing so). You can also eat beef raw (also wouldn’t advise… but very rare? Go for it!). Gist… both are pretty damn clean.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Xboy1993: 10:14am On Jun 08, 2021
Young man shut up pls, Christianity also forbid the eating of �
Onepeople:
nobody should take this serious I obvious he is not yuroba but a fulani Muslim terrorists, you will never him comments anything good about south west always disguises as Tinubu supporter.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by spanzed(m): 10:20am On Jun 08, 2021
Katerifarmer837:
I thank him for this initiative but to be sincere this is a waste of money. I am into piggery and it does not need all this aesthetics.
Hello sir, can you enlighten me on the business.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2021
Ppogbae:
Coat bullets in pigs blood and use them to shoot the herdsman grin grin
lol, what a way to die

Allah won't give virgins o

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by SavageResponse(m): 10:20am On Jun 08, 2021
frankmoney:
Nigerian governors love the word ultra modern

It helps massage their ego grin
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 08, 2021
Xboy1993:
Young man shut up pls, Christianity also forbid the eating of �
It doesn't o

The Bible believes it's not what a man eats that defiles him but what comes out from him

Do also check the scripture where Paul was presented "unclean" food in a vision he refused but was rebuked that God has made it clean
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by jaxxy(m): 10:21am On Jun 08, 2021
Nice development.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by lexy2014: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2021
"ultramodern piggery" with no pigs. D only 3 pigs present are looking malnourished and underfed

Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Whatever English you called it. Yoruba people will still call it ile elede is this what a whole governor supposed to be bragging about?
At least he better pass tinubu idiot.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2021
I will only add these two things, both from a physiological viewpoint. Pork is better than beef from a nutritional standpoint. It is much more easily digested than beef and it also does not contain the precursors that once incinerated can cause cancer.

Secondly, in the US and Europe, pork ABSOLUTELY does not contain any parasites. In fact, the USDA has lowered the recommended temperature for pork to be considered “done”. The USDA plays it safe and promotes temperatures that produce medium rare to medium. But you can absolutely consume pork raw, as long as you take reasonable standard cleanliness practices such as you would for any food.

---Joseph Ahrens

I would say beef is slightly better for you, particularly if you exercise a lot, or work in a vigorous job. While both are good, beef fat is a little better for you, and overall beef supplies your body with better building blocks in terms of fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals.

The problem with a question like this is that there is no reference to the source of the meat or what it was fed.

Pigs in the wild eat more or less anything, but particularly fruits, nuts, mushrooms and roots. Cattle naturally eat grass, and some leaves and vegetables. All natural, all good.

Both animals on farms need to be fed food from as natural a source as possible to produce the best meat. To put it simply, if fed good food, animals will provide excellent meat. If fed crap, they will produce crap
Nigerian herdsmen listen to professional advice.

The best meat on the planet is produced in Ireland and the UK, not just because of strict regulation, but farmers feed cattle a diet of 90% or more of grass, pigs are fed a more varied diet, but again quality controlled. New Zealand also produce high quality meat, but I am not as familiar with their methods.

Some of the worst quality meat in the world is produced in North and South America. Cattle should never be raised in a shed and fed sugary rubbish. Feedlot meat is so bad it’s actually toxic to eat long term, and since the majority of food research in the English speaking world is bought and paid for in the US, meat production here gives everyone else a bad name.

----Michael Flood.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by lexy2014: 10:26am On Jun 08, 2021
Coldie:
This guy puts his money where his mouth is, he doesn't talk for talks.

You can't be complaining about fulanis and still be buying their beef, if nobody buy their beef na tem go suffer

He tried with d structure but where are d pigs?
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Akharmony: 10:29am On Jun 08, 2021
isn't this commendable for God sake. In most cases people apply for governments tendered and use this huge funds to service themselves and enrich there pockets but we seeing a different turn around in ondo, a God fearing somebody as just deliver an amarzing project again.God truly will honour this group of brilliant minded persons
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 08, 2021
victorazy:

Then your killing yourself.

Pork is most toxic meet to eat.

Simply because Pigs don't sweat.

Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by adedayourt(m): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2021
Does not look ultra modern to me though
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Welt100(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Whatever English you called it. Yoruba people will still call it ile elede is this what a whole governor supposed to be bragging about?

And no be the same Yoruba dey eat the elede
Receive sense shocked cool[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by careidon: 10:49am On Jun 08, 2021
adedayourt:
Does not look ultra modern to me though

Apart from climate control gadgets, wastes goes thru the meshed flooring; water is automated & therefore always delivered clean; feeding wastage is minimised; farrowing crates to ensure the piglets survive after delivery = this is modern (maybe not ultra...)

I believe apart from the money making involved, less stressful mechanised or semi-mechanised farming is how it can be done to attract the hoard of unemployed youths o!
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by foreshore(m): 10:49am On Jun 08, 2021
OndoFirstBorn:
•Vows To Address Capital Flight On Meat Consumption

•Says Rural Areas Will Be Opened For Development

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu,SAN has described as mind boggling, millions of naira that leaves the state weekly on beef consumption, in form of capital flight.

This is even as the Governor declared his administration’s readiness to construct the Ilutoro rural road as part of the 1000km road to be done in the state under the Rural Access Mobility Project (RAMP).

Governor Akeredolu maintained that money that would have remained in the state to lubricate the economy of the state is lost to other states that supply cows and other meat source.

The Governor spoke at the commissioning of an Ultra Modern Piggery Project at Ilutoro in Akure North Local Area of the state on Monday.

The piggery project is expected to employ 4000 youths and women in value chain process.

The event was attended by the Deputy Governor, Hon. Lucky Aiyedatiwa; the Secretary to the State Government, Princess Oladunni Odu; Chief of Staff to the Governor, Chief Gbenga Ale, other members of the State Executive Council and Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress(APC) Chief Olusola Oke, SAN.

Governor Akeredolu noted that his administration decided to encourage the production of a homegrown alternative in piggery and pig processing, so as to address the ugly trend of the capital flight leaving the state weekly on beef consumption.

The Governor stressed that the project will also create veritable means of employment and empowerment for the teeming youths, adding that dietary intake of lovers of pork would be enhanced.

While assuring that the project will open up the rural areas for development, Arakunrin Akeredolu said the project was put in place to accentuate the different economic benefits in pig production and processing.

“Pig as we all know is very prolific, as such, rate of return on investment is high. This will undoubtedly translate to increased wealth for our farmers.” He said.

He said his administration is irrevocably committed to have the sunshine state REDEEMED from poverty, hunger , insecurity and youth unemployment.

“At this juncture, we need to point out the value addition initiatives of our administration which has culminated in the establishment of a number of agro-allied industries. Worthy of mention is the Sunshine Chocolate Factory at Alade-Idanre for value addition to cocoa.

“Our chocolate from Idanre is at verge of hitting national and international markets. Not only that, Ethanol Processing Company at Okeluse is at the verge of completion, Ondo State, being the largest producer of cassava in the country is poised to supply the needed raw material. Furthermore, the Egg Powder Processing Factory at Emure-Ile in Owo Local Government and many others are all part of the initiatives of our administration to give value addition to curb produce in Ondo State.” He said.

The Governor also appreciated Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO), Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Poultry Association of Nigeria (PAN), Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), African Development (AfDB) for their cooperation and reposing confidence in his administration.

Richard Olatunde
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Ondo State.

https://www.ondoevents.com/100daysinoffice-gov-akeredolu-commissions-ultra-modern-piggery-in-ondo/

This is one of the dividends of cow banning from the south. Good riddance to bad cow
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by realray(m): 10:54am On Jun 08, 2021
very good, other southern states should do the same but with goats and chickens too then to hell with fulanis and their Cows....
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Coronavirus1: 10:57am On Jun 08, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
If he looted the money you will still complain he just brought new employees to his people
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by tempusfugit: 11:13am On Jun 08, 2021
RUBBISH!!! SUPPOSE WE THE PEOPLE OF SOUTH EMBRACED AGRICULTURE LIKE NORTHERNERS , WHY WOULD A GOVERNOR SET UP A PIG FARM, FOR ME THIS IS TOTALLY RUBBISH, CLEAR SIGN THE GOVERNOR IS JUST TRYING HIS LUCK!!!
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by giantstar: 11:41am On Jun 08, 2021
unbelievable even those outside Yoruba commended him for doing and commissioned something, your monicker says it all egunje follower.
Tinubuadvocate:
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by pacespot(m): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2021
Katerifarmer837:
I thank him for this initiative but to be sincere this is a waste of money. I am into piggery and it does not need all this aesthetics.

Na lie o, if you take care of your pig, they will grow faster and produce more offsprings. Pigs are not so dirty animals as we think, na the environment and lack of good care make them so.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by pacespot(m): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2021
Katerifarmer837:

Na lie o, if you take care of your pigs, they will grow faster and produce more offsprings. Pigs are not so dirty animals as we think, na the environment and lack of good care make them so.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by pacespot(m): 11:55am On Jun 08, 2021
But we human beings are wicked o, look at how we build a beautiful house for pigs, the poor animal will think we love them for doing so and they will be rejoicing seeing us grin, not knowing that we are only interested in their meat grin
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by jacoik(m): 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
joganut:
who needs dstv and the likes
I need. Are you selling it auction?
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
very progressive.How much can a pen like this cost?
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Obakoolex(m): 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
Katerifarmer837:
You're not into piggery cos you won't say that
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Dchampion65: 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2021
This project should not be supervise by any ministry, if not in 6 months the story will not be palatable.

Let it private initiative supervision.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) by Obakoolex(m): 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
Romanoff:

As an alternative source of meat, I commend the initiative.

I love pork but the only time I get to eat pork is from the mall and we know they must have preserved it or it must thave stayed in the shelf for quite sometime.

We need alternative sources of meat aside cow. Duck and guinea fowl meat should also be explored.
Please I might have one or two questions regarding what you said here, if you don't mind please. Am into pork business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed, Muhammad Nanono Visit Rice Mills In Kano (Photos) / Photos Of A Big Python Killed In A Farm / Growing Watermelon In Sacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.