Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:43 AM

Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights (9245 Views)

Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) / Eromosele Adene Mother: Protest A Fundamental Human Right. They Must Free My Son / COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Badsatan: 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
sojfarm:

You should rather shut your trap.

I am not surprised that you can not make sense from my submission. You rather deserve the suffering from this administration. You obvoucly think like your president and his minister. Very backward.

Ortom has not paid salaries? What does that has to do with Twitter ban policy of your federal governmenr policy.

Let help your shallow mind/brain, on this what we should encouraging is to have a framework that allows each state to control, and deploy their resources for development of their states and not to concentrate all the national resources to the prodigal lots at the centre!!! Ok.
Thank you for telling us of ya papa
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:
When did Tweeting become a human right? The last time time i checked i didn't see tweeting as a fundamental human right in the Un charter.

Anyway, Twitter is just an American company, Twitter is a product and tweets is the action you do on Twitter.

If government banned Thailand rice, has your human right be taken away from you?

There are other brand of rice that you can buy and cook, similar with Twitter, there are alternatives, use the alternatives and stop complaining.

Let me add that Nigerians are being harrased in different international airports all over the world, you wouldn't see these governors and civil organizations trying to protect their citizens, an American app called Twitter was banned see them threatening fire and coal.

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!
[/s]
Forming woke. Looooooool
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by akdjr(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
I don't understand how a sitting Governor will want to demean his own president for political relevance. A private company take down the tweet of a sovereign president because some minority Nigerians reported that such statements is targeted at them and you want the president to fold his arm and watch him being humiliated in a country he has every right within the existing law to stop any company from operating in the country or regulate the activities of the country when the need arise. I don't support the Ban of Twitter cos I am a twitter junkie, neither am I against the ban if that will bring sanity to the platform. Some Nigerians derive joy in spreading negative imagery of their country and when any development is going on they careless to talk about it. Railways are being built with a world class train stations and no one make it trend among all the influencers and what do u call them. Our celebrities would travel outside Nigeria and tweet about how beautiful the airport or train stations is over there, but now that such development is going on in Nigeria rather talk about it to showcase the country in a positive manner some are there giving false and unverified analysis how China is becoming the owner of Nigeria which is very laughable. They don't know the loan terms that the Government obtain from China all they care about is whatever negative impression their role model give is what they keep spreading because of their selfish interest in the national Treasury. An American once told me how unwise we are in this country for always spreading negative image of the country to make the world look at us a country without any positive news. Check out Nigerians headlines, you will hardly find any positive news to make the headlines even if such exist or won't make front page. I just hope the government and management of Twitter come to an understandable resolve so we can continue using the platform once again .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia PDP Declares Support For Atiku Despite G5 Governors’ Position / OBJ Says Boko-Haram Will End Soon / Nigeria: 2009 Budget Vs 2008 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.