Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights (9121 Views)

Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) / Eromosele Adene Mother: Protest A Fundamental Human Right. They Must Free My Son / COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Tallobestpro: 7:44am On Jun 09, 2021
Okay
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by PrinceofHCI(m): 7:45am On Jun 09, 2021
WONDERFUL!
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
When did Tweeting become a human right? The last time time i checked i didn't see tweeting as a fundamental human right in the Un charter.

Anyway, Twitter is just an American company, Twitter is a product and tweets is the action you do on Twitter.

If government banned Thailand rice, has your human right be taken away from you?

There are other brand of rice that you can buy and cook, similar with Twitter, there are alternatives, use the alternatives and stop complaining.

Let me add that Nigerians are being harrased in different international airports all over the world, you wouldn't see these governors and civil organizations trying to protect their citizens, an American app called Twitter was banned see them threatening fire and coal.

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!
Zombie Twitter is a biggest platform to air your views and express your opinions which is a fundamental human right

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by lampvoice: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2021
Yes it indeed distraction from pressing security matters

Look at how everybody is talking about Twitter suspension and forgetting about killings and kidnapping going on in country and especially in Benue state

Shame
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by devigblegble: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2021
Twitter this Twitter that, I’m tired of all this , I just needed someone who is willingly ready to slap Buhari, beautiful package awaits you
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Cryptodegen: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2021
Nice one Mr Governor

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by MummyGreat: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2021
Kwanza:
He made this known via Twitter.
our government is just been selfish Nigeria is in the hands of God

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by iPresh4s(m): 7:49am On Jun 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
When did Tweeting become a human right? The last time time i checked i didn't see tweeting as a fundamental human right in the Un charter.

Anyway, Twitter is just an American company, Twitter is a product and tweets is the action you do on Twitter.

If government banned Thailand rice, has your human right be taken away from you?

There are other brand of rice that you can buy and cook, similar with Twitter, there are alternatives, use the alternatives and stop complaining.

Let me add that Nigerians are being harrased in different international airports all over the world, you wouldn't see these governors and civil organizations trying to protect their citizens, an American app called Twitter was banned see them threatening fire and coal.

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!

Critical Thinker

Even on Twitter, You don't have full rights, that is why they delete some tweets!

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by foreshore(m): 7:51am On Jun 09, 2021
Kwanza:

https://twitter.com/GovSamuelOrtom/status/1402306562157432835?s=19

We have a bunch of irresponsible leaders who wants us to be responsible. What an irony!
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by kaeycea(m): 7:51am On Jun 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!
Stop asking silly question.. freedom of expression is a fundamental human right... And it includes medium and channel of such expression which Twitter is one them

5 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Onepeople: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2021
blinking001:
Oh please! This man should just shut up. He's a true definition of a failure. Otukpo to markurdi road is a death trap, how about katsina Ala to Markurdi? Another death trap, he can't safeguard lives and properties of his people and is here making noise unnecessarily. He must be high on orange juice and groundnut. This man has totally destroyed Benue state because of his greed.
The Ban was necessary for the growth of our darling nation. Wailers will never be happy.
you are guys are really an unfortunate souls.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Frenzy01(m): 7:57am On Jun 09, 2021
Enough of this Twitter ban jare. The ban affects no one, I still spent hours there yesterday catching my daily dose of cruise cool

Meanwhile, make una Patronize my small business pls. I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact information
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by abidem4real: 7:58am On Jun 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by hardywaltz(m): 8:01am On Jun 09, 2021
Hope u will pay salaries this month

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!
Gradually the government will take away more other rights from you and hey we will get people like you who will sure defend such useless acts. North Korea didn't arrive at its level of dictatorship over night, its a Gradual process and the peoples reactions either break it or reinforce it.
If you tech inclined am sure you will definitely know what it takes in running such micro blogging sites, even ordinary federal sites they cannot successfully host. We are not in a place yet to issue such a ban,because we sure don't have any alternative not now and possibly not in the next 10yrs.
The earlier some peopl get to know we are a group of heterogeneous people I think the better for us all. Over in the North very fee people make use of this platform call twitter but in other regions people uses it well. And any attempt to rub 9Ja like North Korean where facebook,YouTube and the rest are ban will be resisted with full force.
Sooner than later they will restrict journalists to Aso rock in covering events and will permit only the government controlled NTA,which I do watch when I don't wanna hear the truth about 9ja. Everything on that station is full of good tidings and never a reflection of what is on the street.

3 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by yusluvad(m): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2021
Ortom I give it to you. Always speaking/voicing out against this evil government...
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by AuroraBrls: 8:10am On Jun 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!

What gives you the right to decide for me without my consent whether l like Thailand rice or not?

Are you suppose to put me in the know, seek my opinion and point out objectively to me why Thailand rice is not good for me or not?

If you have a personal problem with Thailand rice why not meet Thailand rice yourself and resolve issues, do you have to forcefully include me in your misunderstanding with Thailand rice?

Was it not the energy you got from eating Thailand rice that gave you strength to convince us to vote you into government?

Then why did Thailand rice suddenly become poisonous now that some people are eating it to get energy to tell you your weaknesses and incompetencies to your face?

There is nothing you can do about it...Thailand rice has come to stay...we will keep on smuggling it to eat if we must...worst case scenario, 2yrs more max the power intoxication go clear for your eye...the ban will be reversed

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by executive12: 8:13am On Jun 09, 2021
Kwanza:
He made this known via Twitter.

Of course. Quota system Malami cannot do anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by dmbb: 8:13am On Jun 09, 2021
Look at this idiot old shit

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by ADO2004: 8:14am On Jun 09, 2021
It's either you are an idiot or hypocrite for not seeing the action of Federal Government on Twitter as denying people their human rights to free access to information. Moreover, it's Buhari hatefulness and wickedness for attacking ipob and south east region by threatening war and killing them, while booking Haram, kidnapping and baddits are all over the North region and can not do anything rather hatefully attacking those fighting for freedom by his government injustice.
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by executive12: 8:14am On Jun 09, 2021
blinking001:
Oh please! This man should just shut up. He's a true definition of a failure. Otukpo to markurdi road is a death trap, how about katsina Ala to Markurdi? Another death trap, he can't safeguard lives and properties of his people and is here making noise unnecessarily. He must be high on orange juice and groundnut. This man has totally destroyed Benue state because of his greed.
The Ban was necessary for the growth of our darling nation. Wailers will never be happy.

Get lost.
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by karkel(m): 8:15am On Jun 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!
Bro we are in democratic dispensation not dictatorial or a suduo democratic.
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Chamberlin1983(m): 8:16am On Jun 09, 2021
dont mind these senseless people. I have not seen any thing of ours that americans prioritize. Why cant they use other social media platforms. SMH
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Ukeme8: 8:16am On Jun 09, 2021
blinking001:

My friend shut up, don't be stupid. Can't you see the hand writing on the wall. If the head isn't correct how will you think the rest of the body will function. Rubbish.
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Curious345: 8:17am On Jun 09, 2021
True
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by rummmy: 8:19am On Jun 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!
how does his personal issue with Twitter concern me?
He shouldn't loop millions into his personal issue..... His tweet was deleted not mine.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by sojfarm: 8:19am On Jun 09, 2021
blinking001:

I have not seen a brave a sitting governor like Ortom.

Ban of twitter is not for the growth of Nigeria. It was a policy by the cowards. Can you explain why an organization/country will make a policy decision without proper preparation to implement it.

Twitter is part of tool-set for the modern marketing strategy.

Nigeria is backward today majorly because leaders in charge are not 21st systems compliant. You can imagine the supposed giant of africa does not have the capapcity to implement its policy.

There is no law known to Nigerians that empowers the government for such ban. Modern businesses promote their products and services on
twitter. A lot of Nigerians make their livelihood on this platform. A wise government would have made a better use of such platforms to manage things in the favour of her people, not rash decision again the basic discipline measure to an errant President by a company.

Can you defend that? We may create a poll and scientific research from that.
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Antoeni(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2021
Mumu Governor, Tackle The Security Challenges in Your State, You Are The Chief Security Officer of Your State.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by J2381: 8:22am On Jun 09, 2021
OrTom should start thinking about paying salary to Benue indigenes, rather than talking about Twitter ban.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by eeetuk(m): 8:23am On Jun 09, 2021

"Ban on Twitter is illegal"---Governor Samuel Ortom

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state, Nigeria is my favorite governor in Nigeria. And he is the only governor who I believe was truly elected by people of Benue state. All other states governors in Nigeria, became governors through the back door.

And here is the thing, Governor Samuel Ortom speaks his mind on locals and national issues. He is not afraid of president Buhari. He is the only governor in Nigeria who has taken time to read the 1999 constitution of Nigeria. He knows his rights as the governor . Every time his state is attacked by the herdsman , he holds a news conference to condemn the violence and articulate his obligation to the citizens of his state. No any other states governors in Nigeria does that.

In 2023, I hope governor Samuel Ortom will run for president of Nigeria. Under governor Samuel Orton presidency, boko Haran and IPOD will be destroyed and buried for good.

Governor Samuel Ortom knows what government should do and should not do as articulated in 1999 constitution of Nigeria.

Nigeria needs educated people to take charge of their affairs instead of illiterate person like president Buhari. And governor Samuel Orton is that man.

President Buhari does not understand Nigeria constitution. He doesn't know his obligations to Nigerian citizens under the law. That is why his presidency has collapsed in front of the whole world.

Until Nigerians understand the dangers president Buhari has become, Nigerians will continue to suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by ProJectAnatot(m): 8:23am On Jun 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!

He started with Twitter. Do you know where he will end? What was the reason for the twitter ban.. That is what you have to consider and not the action itself! Someone bared every Nigerian from twitting because his tweet was deleted and you are talking nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by DUNKA(m): 8:27am On Jun 09, 2021
Kwanza:

https://twitter.com/GovSamuelOrtom/status/1402306562157432835?s=19
Lack of payment of Benue State Government workers salaries is also suppression of Fundamental Human Rights and wickedness of the highest order. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have No House In The UK – Buhari / Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations / Should Suntai Be Approved To Resume As Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.