Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:50 AM

Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi (373 Views)

Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading / Sheikh Gumi: Declaration Of Bandits As Terrorists Won’t Change Anything / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Use Ransom To Buy Weapons, Settle Informants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi by gistsmill04: 5:11am On Jun 09, 2021
Kaduna based Muslim cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi recently defended the past atrocities of bandits on the ugly situation of the country. He added that the dire situation of the country pushed them to crime and they now wanted peace.

The controversial Islamic cleric who achieved notoriety for negotiating for bandits has said the bandits have decided to call it quits and embrace a peaceful life.

When asked by the Daily Post if bandits were tired, Gumi said: “Yes, it’s very true because bandits are saying they were pushed into banditry by circumstances.

“If they have a genuine partner, they are ready to stop it; they are tired and want peace.

“As regards their ongoing activities, you realize that even when soldiers are fighting and a ceasefire is declared, it takes a long time before they stop fighting.

“We are able to see about 80 per cent of the big ones and then some small splinter groups which we could not meet because due to circumstances as we cannot go into the bush again.

https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/06/countrys-hardship-forced-bandits-into-it-they-now-want-peace-sheikh-gumi.html

Re: Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi by Anter: 5:35am On Jun 09, 2021
This one is what you call brainless talk, are they the only ones facing the hardship? Or should we all do what we want because the failed president has destroyed the country ?

2 Likes

Re: Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi by big7: 6:24am On Jun 09, 2021
This man deserves to be behind bars

1 Like

Re: Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi by Mayng01(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2021
This man is sick
Re: Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi by Jlow2: 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
What a country, it shall never be well with people that brought nigeria to this level
Re: Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi by Spending123: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2021
Country's hardship and injustice forced IPOB/ESN into it and they now want disintegration.

Re: Country's Hardship Forced Bandits Into It, They Now Want Peace - Sheikh Gumi by folabayo(f): 9:58am On Jun 10, 2021
Stupid talk from mumu man.
If not that my hand is paining me, would hv slapped dat mouth

(1) (Reply)

Greedy Dealers Remould Worn-out Tyres & Endanger Lives Of Unsuspecting Motorists / Kidnappers Raped Me On A Daily Basis And Murdered Abductees In My Presence – Wom / Nnamdi Kanu Supporters Pr 0test At Federal High Court Abuja Where His Trial Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.