Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading (8594 Views)

Housewife And Her Brother Kidnap Husband Over Sharing Of Cows In Kwara / Fake Kidnap: Ameerah Sufyan Apologises For Misleading Police And The Public / How I Was Raped Severally, Forced To Have Sex With My Brother – Kidnap Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by damilola4162(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2021
Popular Kaduna based Islamic Cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has debunked media report making the rounds, that his brother was kidnapped by bandits, Newspremises reports.

Gumi described the news as fake.

The cleric made the disclosure in a statement issued by his media consultant, Tukur Mamu, in Kaduna on Sunday, Gumi described the news as mischievous and misleading to Nigerians.

He however, urged the general public to disregard the fake news, adding that it is not impossible in today’s Nigeria to even kidnap him or even those in authority.

According to the statement, the story by some sections of the media was deliberately misquoting the cleric in order to give a picture “that the brother of the person supporting the bandits has also been kidnapped” is mischievous, misleading and diversionary.

“It is actually from the content of an interview recently granted to some members of the press where Sheikh Gumi was saying he is surprised that some elements think he is unnecessarily supportive of the bandits,” the statement said.

It explained that in the said interview, he told them that he is equally a victim of their (bandits) terror as they have kidnapped his own biological brother about three years ago and that the security agents could not do anything which left them with the option of paying ransom before he was released.

The statement disclosed that a driver of his father was also killed by the same bandits, adding that all this is not enough reason to say he will not seek for peaceful resolution of the crisis for the purpose of preserving peoples lives and properties especially if they look back at the government’s failure to address issues that will help in bringing a lasting solution.

The statement said that military power alone or declaring the bandits as terrorists cannot end banditry and killings in Nigeria.

It added that the government has failed to address the root cause of the armed Fulani banditry and the security imbroglio, particularly in the North West.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/report-of-my-brothers-kidnap-mischievous-misleading-sheikh-gumi/

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by nellyelitz(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2021
This attention seeking terrorist. So what's the difference from the earlier report?

21 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by ogbu80(m): 11:29am On Dec 13, 2021
Imagine
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by oluwaseunamos33(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2021
Who are you deceiving, thunder fire you there

8 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by slawormiir: 11:30am On Dec 13, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Odetokun3(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2021
Your problem!

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by goodheart01: 11:30am On Dec 13, 2021
Mad Gumi

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by symbianDON(m): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2021
This man should park well abeg!
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by money121(m): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Gkemz: 11:31am On Dec 13, 2021
The man is also mischievous

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by englishmart(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Even the kidnappings are becoming staged just to exonerate the devious bandit field marshal, Gumi.

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by b3llo(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Useless man

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2021
angry
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Franklyspeakin: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Sai baba!!! Sai Buhari..... APC!!!!!!!....
CHANGE!!!!!
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Klington: 11:33am On Dec 13, 2021
shocked

Who doesn't know it was all propaganda when you're the commander in chief of terrorists and bandits.

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Yoighaman(m): 11:34am On Dec 13, 2021
damilola4162:

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/report-of-my-brothers-kidnap-mischievous-misleading-sheikh-gumi/

"...address the root cause of the armed Fulani..."

We thought his President initially denied that they are Fulani. Why is the Sheikh singing another song?

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by SwissMass: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2021
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by KiNg0G: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2021
bandits and sheik gumi na family matters.
we strangers nor need put mouth
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by bigdammyj: 11:36am On Dec 13, 2021
Okay
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by jagged44: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2021
There is no way Sheikh Gumi would pay ransom to bandits.

Sheikh Gumi paying ransom to bandits is the same as him paying ransom to himself.

To the bandits, collecting ransom from Sheikh Gumi will be the same as collecting salary from their Boss.

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Laggafin: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2021
Who cares
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by DaRenewed(m): 11:37am On Dec 13, 2021
undecidedBomb dey dia head
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Kingpele(m): 11:39am On Dec 13, 2021
Nawa I want this guy to continue to talk ,till he expose the hidden plans of his clan fulanis in this country, if he were to Come from another tribe DSS would have arrested him but since he is fulani ,he is free to be friend and defend terrorists from his tribe ,after government came out to deny that bandits are fulanis, Mr gumi today exposed that they are Armed fulanis, so let him continue to talk, by what he had said so far without any consequence ,we now know that not only is a fact that buharia is nepotism personified but he lack the grace to pretend to be detribalized, majority of citizens of every tribe voted for him yet he only cares about fulanis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by BelovedofLord: 11:41am On Dec 13, 2021
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by adecz: 11:44am On Dec 13, 2021
Bandit's cleric☪️☪️☪️
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Kingpele(m): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2021
I want this guy to continue talking in support of bandits, by so doing one day he will expose the real purpose of fulanis in this country, cos the more he speaks without been arrested or summon by dss ,the more we will see the nepotism of the government,..this president is so clueless to the extent he doesn't even know how to pretend to be detribalized, majority of the citizens of every tribe voted for him yet he only cares about fulanis
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by Passionate888: 11:48am On Dec 13, 2021
grin
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading by gurunlocker: 11:48am On Dec 13, 2021
DSS still won't invite people like this or raid his house, na people wey dey innocent dem go dey show strong hand. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Heartbreaking Condition Of A Newly Married Cultist - PHOTOS / Any Policeman Found Guilty Of Power Abuse’ll Be Dismissed – IG / Story Claiming That Boko Haram Invaded Bauchi Communities Is False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.