Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies (5157 Views)

Court Restrains Mc Oluomo, NURTW, Others From Collecting Union Levies / Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks / Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by OEPHIUS(m): 6:05am On Jun 09, 2021

Building Approval: ECTDA Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Empowerment Levies

The Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority, ECTDA, has barred the three municipal councils in Enugu capital city from the collection of assorted building levies.

This was contained in a notice issued to the affected councils by the ECTDA, where it declared that it had sole responsibility to collect such levy and that it was illegal for the councils to delve into it.

The levies include: Building approval and Due Process Compliance levy; Development levy, Site Maintenance levy; Youth Empowerment levy and Container permit.

The affected local government councils are Enugu North, Enugu South and Enugu East local government councils, all within the jurisdiction of Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority, ECTDA.

Subsequently, the Authority has directed security agencies to arrest and prosecute defaulters and agents of the councils whom it accused of promoting double taxation and making lives miserable for developers and residents in the state capital.

In the Compliance Notice issued to the affected three local government councils, Chairman of ECTDA, Dr. Josef Onoh described Demand Notices of Building Approval served by the councils as illegal since the victims eventually come to ECTDA to make another payment.

“In line with the above listed illegal acts, we are compelled to put you in the know of the provisions of the law giving powers to the Authority to function within the capital territory.

“ECTDA laws of 2009 No.5 and Revised of 2014 gives the agency the sole responsibility to enforce compliance with appropriate standards in the Development of Enugu Capital City.

“These excessive and illegal actions by your staff contravenes and usurps the powers and functions of the Authority as provided in sections 16 (2) and (4) of ECTDA law. In view of the foregoing, all activities being carried out within the capital territory by agents parading in the form and style of (Youth Empowerment) in relation to infrastructural development and municipal services (which in itself tantamount to double taxation) is hereby banned with immediate effect,” Onoh directed the councils.

He stated that his agency would not allow anybody to undermine the efforts Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi had put in place for the development and attraction of investments to the state and warned law breakers to beware.

He further charged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and the Independent Corrupt Practice and other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, to prosecute any defaulting council chairman.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/07/building-approval-ectda-bars-lgs-from-collecting-devt-empowerment-levies/

4 Likes

Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:22am On Jun 09, 2021
Subsequently, the Authority has directed security agencies to arrest and prosecute defaulters and agents of the councils whom it accused of promoting double taxation and making lives miserable for developers and residents in the state capital.

He stated that his agency would not allow anybody to undermine the efforts Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi had put in place for the development and attraction of investments to the state and warned law breakers to beware.
A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
God bless Enugu State.
God bless Nigeria

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by athaboi(f): 6:22am On Jun 09, 2021
Why
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by affable4(m): 6:23am On Jun 09, 2021
Bad market for the urchins
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by Belial06: 6:24am On Jun 09, 2021
It is well
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by blinking001(m): 6:25am On Jun 09, 2021
"Enugu state is in the hands of God" very funny slogan. I'm sure they were already blaming Buhari for their woes never knowing their own brothers were responsible for their misfortunes.
Btw this thread is dedicated to wailers, children of hate and perdition, Ipobians and the general people of the Yeast. Oya una food don land, make una begin to praise una docile Governor.
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by OnionBandit(f): 6:31am On Jun 09, 2021
Wahala for area boys...

Wetin dem go chop like this?
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by dettolgel: 6:42am On Jun 09, 2021
Good one from the government. I am not sure how they are going to enforce that of the youth empowerment?
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by Multiplier7(m): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2021
Honestly, this is a good development. Enugu East is the worst of them all. I saw 'shege' the last time I went there to just build ordinary duplex.

All of them are thieves.

5 Likes

Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by okorogodwin4(m): 7:04am On Jun 09, 2021
blinking001:
"Enugu state is in the hands of God" very funny slogan. I'm sure they were already blaming Buhari for their woes never knowing their own brothers were responsible for their misfortunes.
Btw this thread is dedicated to wailers, children of hate and perdition, Ipobians and the general people of the Yeast. Oya una food don land, make una begin to praise una docile Governor.
we praise him the way the almajiris praised GANDOLLAR

3 Likes

Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:28am On Jun 09, 2021
Story, village youths must collect development levies and youths empowerment

1 Like

Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:39am On Jun 09, 2021
So who will endorse and enforce the law since there are no police presence in enugu east

1 Like

Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:40am On Jun 09, 2021
Cult boys have started shooting and killing openly since police ran away from first bank
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:41am On Jun 09, 2021
The Biafra thing is not helping if people are going to be lawless it best military patrol the street
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by kuuljay(m): 7:45am On Jun 09, 2021
Those jobless hungry Nike youth will not gree oo!! Common to complete my fence those guys came that I pay or stop,and they go about doing it with impunity

4 Likes

Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by Pvin: 7:47am On Jun 09, 2021
Good one
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by Masterito(m): 8:12am On Jun 09, 2021
Rubbish!
blinking001:
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by KAHBOOM: 8:38am On Jun 09, 2021
Good

No room for omonileism in igboland..Meanwhile some where in Lagos they tax pipu for opening bore hole.Water wey be free gift of nature..Water wey be gift from God.Evil pipu
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by GodisFirst: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2021
I know that these development levies are now the major sources of income to this government, I hope it is not ploy to eat alone while the LGAs starve. Come to think of it, why am I paying the levies when I will be the one to construct road to my house, renovate the road when it is bad while I have the ECTDA. I will be the one to buy and install Electric poles, buy conductors and service my house. I will pay for Electric power consumed through prepaid meter, but when the Transformer is overloaded, I will be asked to contribute money to fix the problem.
So what is ECTDA doing with the levies/ money collected?

We don't talk about provision of Water again, God has settled that using Rev Fr. Ejike Mbaka as he helps to ensure the poor are able to afford drinking water.
Re: Building Approval: Enugu Bars LGs From Collecting Development, Other Levies by track247: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2021
Odinma

(1) (Reply)

Three Things That Will Happen Now That Kanu Has Been Extradited / See The New Nickname Given To Tinubu That Is Trending / See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.