Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,713,306 members, 6,410,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 July 2021 at 04:46 AM

Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength (3580 Views)

Zahra Buhari To Her Mother, Aisha: Your Strength Is Second To None / FFK Thanks His Ghanaian Wife, Regina For Being Loyal / Obsanjo ?16billion Dollars(1.6trillion Naira) Vs Buhari's 1.7trillion Naira On P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by OneTemplate: 6:02pm On Jun 09
seunsiju:

I agree with that....but as a Nigerian living and working there...it's a good thing for me...I even pray Naira devalued more.....Let me hold enough Cedis then back to Naija to ball

Lol. Cost of everyday items and foodstuff in Ghana must be off-putting though. Was there not long ago and the difference to Nigeria, for costs of goods, is shocking.

The favorite saying of Ghanaians is "no money in the system Charlie" mainly because of the inability of earnings to cover even basic necessities yet deceptive Ghanaians Will come online deluding gullible Nigerians that their Country is Eldorado.
Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by OneTemplate: 6:37pm On Jun 09
Lifestone:

It's a useless policy. It only window dressed the issue and hasn't helped Ghana in anyway. For example after chopping off four zeros from the money, the currency has began a gradual slide back and if the fundamental issues are not addressed, the woes will continue.

This is very true. In very simple terms, every nations economic strength is a direct exponent of how it produces enough goods and services (including highly specialized and technical skills) for use by her people and, even more desirably, a surplus that can be exported to other Nations.

That is all most people need to know about the economies of nations and how to quickly discern comparative strengths. In this regard, Nigeria is not the mate of Ghana at all with Lagos being the 6th biggest economy in Africa ahead of Ghana, Kenya and many others.

All the praises for Ghana is the usual 'window dressing' patronage of Ghana by a Western world that likes African nation to behave how they want blacks in Africa to behave i.e subservient and fawning towards the West.

The reality is that Nigeria has issues that good Governance can solve but it remains an African giant that can become a pride of the black race if led well.

Ghana does not have and can never have the endowment to ever become close to that and that is the truth deluded Ghanaians and self-hating Nigerians do not want to accept when they all begin belittling and insulting Nigeria ignorantly or ungraciously.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by Lifestone(m): 7:19pm On Jun 09
OneTemplate:

This is very true. In very simple terms, every nations economic strength is a direct exponent of how it produces enough goods and services (including highly specialized and technical skills) for use by her people and, even more desirably, a surplus that can be exported to other Nations.

That is all most people need to know about the economies of nations and how to quickly discern comparative strengths. In this regard, Nigeria is not the mate of Ghana at all with Lagos being the 6th biggest economy in Africa ahead of Ghana, Kenya and many others.

All the praises for Ghana is the usual 'window dressing' patronage of Ghana by a Western world that likes African nation to behave how they want blacks in Africa to behave i.e subservient and fawning towards the West.

The reality is that Nigeria has issues that good Governance can solve but it remains an African giant that can become a pride of the black race if led well.

Ghana does not have and can never have the endowment to ever become close to that and that is the truth deluded Ghanaians and self-hating Nigerians do not want to accept when they all begin belittling and insulting Nigeria ignorantly or ungraciously.
The point is that most of them don't even understand the issues and haven't been to Ghana in their lifetime
Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by Meedot2(m): 7:46pm On Jun 09
OneTemplate:

God bless you brother, I have really learned a lot from your discussions on this thread and now I know better.
Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by wiseone28: 9:14pm On Jun 09
Who is comparing Ghana that their ladies are killing their men because of grasscutter to Nigeria?

Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by Oladeji245(m): 9:33pm On Jun 09
OneTemplate:

Look dude, I have no time for your 'cutting nose to spite face' idiocy nor empty d1ck currency because I am a winner who focuses on what is real in the quest for success and the informed advantages that guarantees winning results.

Dispute the real example I give above, using real commodities that can feature in an 'inflation goods basket', showing the real and greater comparative value of Naira over Cedis, or get lost. Don't let some illiterate and self-hating Nigerians mumu you.

Nigeria is full of far brighter people than those Nairaland parades. So don't come thinking you will get anything but slaps because a few self-hating but ultimately ignorant Nigerians are giving you 'liver'.
take it easy nah..some of us are learning new things on this thread.
Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by gonkin(m): 4:50am On Jun 10
Oladeji245:

That's my point. We have some knowledge but there's no harm in knowing more. Don't worry it's normal to receive few Jerry-rigged words, i received several already. This is Nigeria some people no get joy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by Mcreloaded(m): 6:25am On Jun 10
Electricity is the key to production.

Curbing fulani herdsmen excess is the key to food sustainability.

Government should take care of roads.

And see if production and exportation will not increase.

Eventually the naira will make a steady rise.

What a dream it's obviously not possible.

It's a mirrage as this government only pits square pegs in round holes.

Reality is that there is no hope for this country
Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by OneTemplate: 9:04am On Jun 10
Oladeji245:

Trust me, some of us know each other here. That guy is a Ghanaian douchebag whose main mission here is to ridicule and belittle Nigeria and Nigerians constantly.

You don't talk to those kind politely. Same way you must be ready to fight terrorists or be killed by them simply because you cannot reason with them or use 'polite language' to win them over.

He has been a member here for years and his anti-nigerian stance never changes. Check his previous post if you don't believe me.
Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by OneTemplate: 9:35am On Jun 10
Lifestone:

The point is that most of them don't even understand the issues and haven't been to Ghana in their lifetime

Indeed. I can understand that. What annoys me is how some self-hating Nigerians are always willing to ignorantly belittle Nigeria with false claim and then hand over advantages to those who despise us like some Ghanaians, South Africans etal.

When I see Ghanaians, South Africans, and many others with serious issues, insulting Nigerians online with ignorant claims I realize they are basically regurgitating false crap and lies we Nigerians ourselves have provided them with.

I like using real example to drive home points. South Africans will come here dissing Nigeria for crime and insecurity yet let us examine the factual reality most people are ignorant of which is that murder, rape and violent crime are through the roof in SA to the point 4 South Africa Cities are included in the list of the 50 cities of the world with the highest murder rate in the world.

Cape Town at number 8, Nelson Mandela Bay at 24, Durban at 35 and Johannesburg at 42 with not even a single Nigerian city on the list.

Should South Africans then be shading us because self-hating and ignorant Nigerians make us appear the worst and most worthless nation in the world?

See the list below for yourself. Nigeria may be broken but fixing her begins with everyone of us. If we cannot contribute to that then we should at least refrain from worsening the problem via attacking her falsely before the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate

Re: Nigerian Naira Vs GHANAIAN CEDI Strength by Joziboi: 7:07pm On Jun 10
OneTemplate:

Indeed. I can understand that. What annoys me is how some self-hating Nigerians are always willing to ignorantly belittle Nigeria with false claim and then hand over advantages to those who despise us like some Ghanaians, South Africans etal.

When I see Ghanaians, South Africans, and many others with serious issues, insulting Nigerians online with ignorant claims I realize they are basically regurgitating false crap and lies we Nigerians ourselves have provided them with.

I like using real example to drive home points. South Africans will come here dissing Nigeria for crime and insecurity yet let us examine the factual reality most people are ignorant of which is that murder, rape and violent crime are through the roof in SA to the point 4 South Africa Cities are included in the list of the 50 cities of the world with the highest murder rate in the world.

Cape Town at number 8, Nelson Mandela Bay at 24, Durban at 35 and Johannesburg at 42 with not even a single Nigerian city on the list.

Should South Africans then be shading us because self-hating and ignorant Nigerians make us appear the worst and most worthless nation in the world?

See the list below for yourself. Nigeria may be broken but fixing her begins with everyone of us. If we cannot contribute to that then we should at least refrain from worsening the problem via attacking her falsely before the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate

I'm no apologist for crime in Mzanzi but I think you'll find the reason for our representation on that list is due to our internationally recognized publishing of statistics, something that's non-existant in most of Africa.

If our cities were as bad as you're suggesting, millions of tourist would not come here, and that they do without incident. Also, millions live here untouched by serious crime which occurs mostly in disadvantaged areas. Crime is a scourge but the statistics can make it seem worst that it actually is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame / Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader / I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.