Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,190 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume (944 Views)

Saraki Pays Surprise Visit To Akume / Governor Ahmed Of Kwara Receives Surprise Visit From His Daughters At Work.photo / Pictures Of Obasanjo's Surprise Visit To Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by manuch(m): 10:46pm On May 03, 2011
ONE thing certain about the Nigerian politics is its uncertainty. This remark however synchronizes with the axiom that there is no permanent enemy in politics but permanent interest.

There were instances which justify these sayings. For instance, it is unbelievable that the Imo former Governor, Chief Achike Udenwa could re-enact his friendship with Senator Ifeanyi Araraume after the former apparently stabbed the latter on the back and by so doing, caused the denial of the Imo governorship for Araraume in 2007.

That was the cradle of Araraume’s political woe, that haunts him uptil now.

It is equally unbelievable that Governor Ikedi Ohakim, could put behind all his vociferations against Araraume to pay him dramatic visit at Isiebu home at the time of distress.

Governor Ohakim, according to grape vine sources visited Senator Araraume on Wednesday probably to discuss the way out for the imbroglio in the Imo governorship election.

According to the source, Ohakim had visited the embattled Senator very late at night seeking his intervention to disentangle the threat by APGA to rob Okigwe zone the second term.

Believing that Ngor-Okpala, is ACN strong hold and as one of the three LGAs marked out by INEC for rerun election since polling could not hold in the LGAs, the Governor was said to have pleaded with Araraume as the State leader of the ACN to direct its members to give him rescue votes.

Our source hinted that Araraume who made it possible for Ohakim to gain access to his compound, was said to have advised the Governor not to worry, that he could still emerge victorious against APGA.

As soon as the Governor left the house of the Senator, the news of his visit circulated in the State like harmattan fire as many people could not believe their ears that Ohakim paid unscheduled visit to his presumed number one political enemy and local rival.

Although, the visit may have brought psychological succur to Ohakim, and at least breaking the more than 4 years jinx of lingering enemity, the INEC spoiled an opportunity that could have brought Ohakim and Araraume together by suspending indefinitely the rerun earlier scheduled for Ngor-Okpala, Oguta and Ohaji/Egbema LGAs.

It will be recalled that in the wake of the Imo governorship election, a meeting of the Okigwe zone political elite and stakeholders was convened at the country home residence of Chief Tony Chukwu where decisions were reached to vote massively for Ohakim as their son, since the Orlu zone was unable to stop Rochas from the race.

According to the elite, if Rochas wins, it will mean that zoning is dead in Imo, while an Ohakim win will mean that Imo will be stabilized on zoning arrangement.

The outcome of the meeting appeared to be the reflection of the ACN’s poor showing in the guber election through out the Okigwe zone, as a measure of protest votes against the alliance between ACN and APGA said to have been decided at Amaifeke at the instance of Udenwa.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:28am On May 04, 2011
Ararume are you ready to dance with the 'devil'? grin
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by solotuonye: 12:44pm On May 04, 2011
ONE thing certain about the Nigerian politics is its uncertainty. This remark however synchronizes with the axiom that there is no permanent enemy in politics but permanent interest.

There were instances which justify these sayings. For instance, it is unbelievable that the Imo former Governor, Chief Achike Udenwa could re-enact his friendship with Senator Ifeanyi Araraume after the former apparently stabbed the latter on the back and by so doing, caused the denial of the Imo governorship for Araraume in 2007.

It is equally unbelievable that Governor Ikedi Ohakim, could put behind all his vociferations against Araraume to pay him dramatic visit at Isiebu home at the time of distress.

Governor Ohakim, according to grape vine sources visited Senator Araraume on Wednesday probably to discuss the way out for the imbroglio in the Imo governorship election.

According to the source, Ohakim had visited the embattled Senator very late at night seeking his intervention to disentangle the threat by APGA to rob Okigwe zone the second term.

Believing that Ngor-Okpala, is ACN strong hold and as one of the three LGAs marked out by INEC for rerun election since polling could not hold in the LGAs, the Governor was said to have pleaded with Araraume as the State leader of the ACN to direct its members to give him rescue votes.

Our source hinted that Araraume who made it possible for Ohakim to gain access to his compound, was said to have advised the Governor not to worry, that he could still emerge victorious against APGA.

As soon as the Governor left the house of the Senator, the news of his visit circulated in the State like harmattan fire as many people could not believe their ears that Ohakim paid unscheduled visit to his presumed number one political enemy and local rival.

Although, the visit may have brought psychological succur to Ohakim, and at least breaking the more than 4 years jinx of lingering enemity, the INEC spoiled an opportunity that could have brought Ohakim and Araraume together by suspending indefinitely the rerun earlier scheduled for Ngor-Okpala, Oguta and Ohaji/Egbema LGAs.

It will be recalled that in the wake of the Imo governorship election, a meeting of the Okigwe zone political elite and stakeholders was convened at the country home residence of Chief Tony Chukwu where decisions were reached to vote massively for Ohakim as their son, since the Orlu zone was unable to stop Rochas from the race.

According to the elite, if Rochas wins, it will mean that zoning is dead in Imo, while an Ohakim win will mean that Imo will be stabilized on zoning arrangement.

The outcome of the meeting appeared to be the reflection of the ACN’s poor showing in the guber election through out the Okigwe zone, as a measure of protest votes against the alliance between ACN and APGA said to have been decided at Amaifeke at the instance of Udenwa.

So this is all to make people come here and insult our governor again abi? dont you guys get tired Ararume did the honorable thing and so should Rochas and not to cry wolf before election results are released or even held. If Rochas knows he's going to lose, rather than tell people to resort to violence, he can help Imo people by going before its too late to join hands with Ohakim. Remember that the Army are everywhere to protect and we do not want him to start saying he's victimized. The chance is now because Imo people want peace!
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by TCollins1: 12:50pm On May 04, 2011
Ararume are you ready to dance with the 'devil'? Grin

I think it's thoughtful of Araraume to welcome Ohakim to his home, that is to show all imolites that there is no need to kill one another over who is to be our next governor. it also shows that they are at peace too not minding what is been carried in our national dailies. Araraume has realized he has to support the good developments of Ohakim and Rochas should do the same too. They can all come together and bring peace to Imo State. Its written in the holy bible, brother be your brother's keeper. we should care and love one another. God bless Imo
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by solotuonye: 12:52pm On May 04, 2011
Ararume are you ready to dance with the 'devil'? Grin

Who is the devil? What made him the devil? Do you even know who the devil is or are you joining others to speak without using your senses? Ararume did the honorable thing jare,
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by udoagwu: 12:53pm On May 04, 2011
Posted by: RICHIE BOI
Insert Quote
Ararume are you ready to dance with the 'devil'?
I really don't know what is happening to young people these days, I don't know who you are calling the devil, but i think nairaland is a forum where intelligent discussions take place, if you were clueless about what to comment on, it would have been better you remained silent. Zoning in the Nigerian context is meant to prevent marginalization and if it works for us i don't see anything wrong in it. If Araraume and Ohakim can put aside differences and come together, it means we are moving forward as a people, it means change is taking place .It should be something we celebrate not criticicize.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by andrewnwa: 12:54pm On May 04, 2011
"Truely there is no permanent enemy in politics"!, If truely Dr Ikedi Ohakim paid a visit to Ararume, it then means that he is sagacious. Having a reconciliation with an "embattled senator" like Ararume dose not call for an alarm, it only shows a sense humor.
On the issue of Dr Ikedi Ohakim hoping on Ararume for his victory i disagree with that. Reason is because Dr ikedi Ohakim has already gotten support from eminent nigerians both home and in diaspora for his reelection, This is based on his remarkable achievements within the state.
So I'll advise  lets stop trying to make "something out of nothing" and support Ohakim based on his achievements and not who he is soliciting support from.
Thanks.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by iudoagwu(m): 12:57pm On May 04, 2011

Isn't that by far better than resort to violence and strife that led to the massive killings of our brothers in the North? Would you prefer Ohakim to be the second Buharia Buhari?
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by Bawss1(m): 1:05pm On May 04, 2011
udoagwu:

I really don't know what is happening to young people these days,  I don't know who you are calling the devil, but i think nairaland is a forum where intelligent discussions take place, if you were clueless about what to comment on, it would have been better you remained silent. Zoning in the Nigerian context is meant to prevent marginalization and if it works for us i don't see anything wrong in it. If Araraume and Ohakim can put aside differences and come together, it means we are moving forward as a people, it means change is taking place .It should be something we celebrate not criticicize.

Hmmmm. Interesting argument but it raises questions that have not really been answered in this country. Should the zoning agreement (a PDP thing mostly) be held even when the current holder of office is under-performing? Some will say that he has had his four years and little to show for it so let him go.
Besides it is funny that this appears to be the main point for which Ohakim seeks reelection; not because he wants to continue and build upon a lasting legacy of meaningful development but just so that the zoning agreement be honored.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by Eziachi: 1:21pm On May 04, 2011
udoagwu:

I really don't know what is happening to young people these days,  I don't know who you are calling the devil, but i think nairaland is a forum where intelligent discussions take place, if you were clueless about what to comment on, it would have been better you remained silent. Zoning in the Nigerian context is meant to prevent marginalization and if it works for us i don't see anything wrong in it. If Araraume and Ohakim can put aside differences and come together, it means we are moving forward as a people, it means change is taking place .It should be something we celebrate not criticicize.
All this minds that go on about zoning, are you telling me that if a governor who is from ORLU/OKIGWE/OWERRI gives every single household in Imo a clean drinking water, good road, First class healthcare system, good security that you would be complaining because he didn't come from your so called zone?

What will it benefit me if Ohakim is my blood relation but is misgoverning the state and I wanted him to stay on just because I am related to him? That is wickedness and those harping on about zoning are always thieves who has no interest of the masses at heart, if not I don't see how Ohakim being governor benefit Okigwe as a people more than an Orlu or Owerri person.

I will not give a care in the world if an Owerri person become governor in the next 30 years as long as my tax that I pay is used to work for me. When Sam Mbakwe was Imo governor, the people are ready to have him for the next 50 years because he knows what he is doing. How many of these zoning apostles will sack their performing managers in their private businesses and replace him with their blood relative who is up to no good? They will never.

This days marginalization means political appointment and other perks of office but has nothing to do with generality of the public. There is no gain saying that Ikedi Ohakim is the worst thing that have happened to IGBOLAND in terms of leadership and Imo people wants him out but he is clinging on to rule them by force.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by udoagwu: 1:25pm On May 04, 2011
Hmmmm. Interesting argument but it raises questions that have not really been answered in this country. Should the zoning agreement (a PDP thing mostly) be held even when the current holder of office is under-performing? Some will say that he has had his four years and little to show for it so let him go.
Besides it is funny that this appears to be the main point for which Ohakim seeks reelection; not because he wants to continue and build upon a lasting legacy of meaningful development but just so that the zoning agreement be honored.
Yes you are right in some parts, but Ohakim is seeking re-election to complete his MEGA projects not for the sake of zoning. He undertook  some projects which could not be completed under four years due to funds and many distorting hindrances from the opposition, Remember that ROME was not built in a day, It took consistent progress on a defined objective, which is the same thing Ohakim is doing here in IMO. Thats why he needs to be re-elected, to continue the good work. Continuity is the pathway to progress and development.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by Bawss1(m): 1:43pm On May 04, 2011
Remember the saying; by their fruits you shall know them.

If Ohakim is seeking reelection to complete his "MEGA" projects as you claim then the so called "MEGA" projects ought to secure him his second tenure. The likes of Amaechi, Fashola and co have been handed their second tenure because people saw their projects- live in the flesh and not exclusively on DSTV if I might add. cheesy They also had opposition too. Ohakim's so called projects are widely described as dubious and 'white -elephantesques' (yeah I just coined that word).
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by Ericology(m): 1:58pm On May 04, 2011
solotuonye:

So this is all to make people come here and insult our governor again abi? dont you guys get tired Ararume did the honorable thing and so should Rochas and not to cry wolf before election results are released or even held. If Rochas knows he's going to lose, rather than tell people to resort to violence, he can help Imo people by going before its too late to join hands with Ohakim. Remember that the Army are everywhere to protect and we do not want him to start saying he's victimized. The chance is now because Imo people want peace!

You are absolutely out of your mind with ur blind allegiance to Ohakim, With 27 PDP LGA chairmen, all PDP state assembly members, all the money in the Imo state Bank account,all the federal support from Jonathan, all the PDP rigging machines and OHAKIM cld nt beat/rig the votes in his favour, What does that show you? In a free an fair elections he wld nt have won a single LGA, what ever he got was through rigging, I am an Imo state son and i know what am saying, Never in the history of Imo state has a governor been hated this way,
One thing is certain, you r either from Mbaise[where his deputy comes from] and expect a power shift to ur kinsman/woman in 2015 or u r from Ohakim's town and in some way making money thru his continuous stay in the Govt house, shame
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by Chubhie: 2:01pm On May 04, 2011
I thought zoning is dead with the election of president Gej? This chop i chop thing of pdp needs to stop!
Is it because Ohakim came on national television to annouce how he delivered 90 sumtin% for pdp in the presidential polls and how he had structures to win any election? I have nothing against him but i see a man full of arrogance and pride.
Make your words soft n sweet just in case you are made to eat em. Let the people choose who to lead them regardless of zoning. Ova n out.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by solotuonye: 2:36pm On May 04, 2011

Well, at least if we dont vote zoning, we vote for completion of ongoing projects. If they get abandoned, we'll still be the ones to lose
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by solotuonye: 3:14pm On May 04, 2011
You are absolutely out of your mind with your blind allegiance to Ohakim,  With 27 PDP LGA chairmen, all PDP state assembly members, all the money in the Imo state Bank account,all the federal support from Jonathan, all the PDP rigging machines and OHAKIM cld nt beat/rig the votes in his favour, What does that show you? In a free an fair elections he wld nt have won a single LGA, what ever he got was through rigging,  I am an Imo state son and i know what am saying,  Never in the history of Imo state has  a governor been  hated this way,
    One thing is certain, you r either from Mbaise[where his deputy comes from] and expect a power shift to your kinsman/woman in 2015 or u r from Ohakim's town and in some way making money thru his continuous stay in the Govt house,  shame

One thing is certain, you are biased. Either you open your eyes and figure out that they are pulling a wool over your eyes and know Rochas for who he really is or you will still be the one to suffer when he wrecks havoc on the state. How could someone look so saintly and the other one so evil, c'mon, it was all staged by haters. Its a calculated attempt!
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by iudoagwu(m): 3:57pm On May 04, 2011
If you are not informed, you are deformed and cannot perform! You people are making noise here in Owerri probably because you don't know who Rocas Okorocha is. He loots funds from Ford foundation to support his schools since few years ago. During his saga with ford last year, he promised to pay, now how can a mere politician which he is accumulate such amount to pay ford?? the answer is our money.

I don't want to talk about the reason for his sack in NAMA, if you give him your vote in imo, then "a looter continua!!".

I am not particular about who should win, but i will better not vote than vote him in, Q.E.D
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by Eziachi: 7:32pm On May 04, 2011
@iudoagwu, Solotuonye & Company,
We know how people like you operate, they are the Abacha must rule apostles of those days. Any govt in power is okay with them. Your blackmail will not work. If Ohakim started his so called MEGA project and Imo people are saying that he is not their man, why should he force himself on them?

Imo people don't need MEGA project, they need meaningful small project they can see its completion, no on TV and paid newspaper Ad. Our Dear Sam Mbakwe did not give us any MEGA nonesense, as this is the language of crooks and 419ers. Big on words, but little or nothing on fulfilment.

We have had enough of Ohakim, who nobody voted for in 2007 but Udenwa, OBJ and Iwu decided to impose him on Imo people. Its good that the cummance is coming back to Udenwa/Iwu now frm Ohakim the seed they planted.

You rogues planted by Ohakim even here on Nairaland should leave Imo state in peace. You may get what you want on friday, but don't celebrate yet because our land will see to it that this evil visited on our people for the last four years must end one way or the other.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by solotuonye: 7:44pm On May 04, 2011
@iudoagwu, Solotuonye & Company,
We know how people like you operate, they are the Abacha must rule apostles of those days. Any govt in power is okay with them. Your blackmail will not work. If Ohakim started his so called MEGA project and Imo people are saying that he is not their man, why should he force himself on them?

Imo people don't need MEGA project, they need meaningful small project they can see its completion, no on TV and paid newspaper Ad. Our Dear Sam Mbakwe did not give us any MEGA nonesense, as this is the language of crooks and 419ers. Big on words, but little or nothing on fulfilment.

We have had enough of Ohakim, who nobody voted for in 2007 but Udenwa, OBJ and Iwu decided to impose him on Imo people. Its good that the cummance is coming back to Udenwa/Iwu now frm Ohakim the seed they planted.

You rogues planted by Ohakim even here on Nairaland should leave Imo state in peace. You may get what you want on friday, but don't celebrate yet because our land will see to it that this evil visited on our people for the last four years must end one way or the other.

Nobody is forcing anybody on you. We are to remind all Imolites that a group of miscreants took their time over the years to tarnish Ohakim's image and make him appear like a devil. This of course affected people's view of the Governor, this is quite unfortunate because a few people's greed will bring Imo state crawling and they have succeeded in getting to imolites with cheap promises and they people are buying them,
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by kasiem(m): 9:57pm On May 04, 2011
iudoagwu:

If you are not informed, you are deformed and cannot perform! You people are making noise here in Owerri probably because you don't know who Rocas Okorocha is. He loots funds from Ford foundation to support his schools since few years ago. During his saga with ford last year, he promised to pay, now how can a mere politician which he is accumulate such amount to pay ford?? the answer is our money.

I don't want to talk about the reason for his sack in NAMA, if you give him your vote in imo, then "a looter continua!!".

I am not particular about who should win, but i will better not vote than vote him in, Q.E.D

thank u, rochas looted and gave to masse, but ohakim looted and kept to himself.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by solotuonye: 8:30am On May 05, 2011
thank u, rochas looted and gave to masse, but ohakim looted and kept to himself.

You can open your mouth and say whatever you like. Rochas Okorocha was expelled from Unijos for certificate forgery. He was disqualified by INEC in 1999 for certificate forgery. His running mate Jude Agbaso, jumped bail in 1995 in the United States and is today a wanted man.

Rochas was sacked as (NAMA) chairman, just one month into his appointment for embezzling N150m within a short time. His friends say he is fraudulent with FORD corp. in his dealings with Rochas foundation. Obasanjo who he worked under said he cannot be trusted,

Who da hell doesnt have a past Why are you hell bent on destroying people's imgae?? Should we come and investigate you the writer Are you sure yo uhave not duped some white people before How did you know Ohakim's office so well and what he was doing if you were not doing the same thing?

Guys, we are not stupid. People do have a past but then people change. When you talk about the past of Rochas, poeple say that was then, so Ohakim does not deserve "That was then?"

Pls get something else doing,
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by kitlady02(f): 9:01am On May 05, 2011
ur just a stupid gud for notin animal dat dont have job, >>>just get a life
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by solotuonye: 1:48pm On May 05, 2011
your just a silly gud for notin animal dat dont have job, >>>just get a life

All Imolites should endeavor to support the present administration and not curse one another. We are championing the same cause! Ohakim's name has been spoilt to destroy his person and govt but we all know the truth, lets do more with him.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by cheatmaker: 3:37pm On May 05, 2011
this same IDIOTS are here again writing rubbish, is Nairaland your fathersLand?

If Ohakim is a credible candidate like you claimed, why did he lose in Govt house bot? Its embarrasing, imagine, his workers did not vote him.

POO-POO is better than Ohakim.
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume by vvendor: 6:43pm On May 05, 2011
Re: Desperate Ohakim Pays Surprise Visit To Araraume
« #20 on: Today at 08:30:12 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can open your mouth and say whatever you like. Rochas Okorocha was expelled from Unijos for certificate forgery. He was disqualified by INEC in 1999 for certificate forgery. His running mate Jude Agbaso, jumped bail in 1995 in the United States and is today a wanted man.

Rochas was sacked as (NAMA) chairman, just one month into his appointment for embezzling N150m within a short time. His friends say he is fraudulent with FORD corp. in his dealings with Rochas foundation. Obasanjo who he worked under said he cannot be trusted,

Who da hell doesnt have a past Why are you hell bent on destroying people's imgae?? Should we come and investigate you the writer Are you sure yo uhave not duped some white people before How did you know Ohakim's office so well and what he was doing if you were not doing the same thing?

Guys, we are not silly. People do have a past but then people change. When you talk about the past of Rochas, poeple say that was then, so Ohakim does not deserve "That was then?"

Pls get something else doing,

@Solotuonye:
It seems you have much coming your way by trying to force IGO (Ikedi Godson Ohakim) on Imo peeps on NL.
If you go through ur arguments, you will notice that you are alone on your thoughts.
For us on ground in Imo, no one hates IGO as a person, rather people want change and change we shall get by God's grace.
Your candidate is a hard sell to Imolites. Can't you see they have all rejected him?
We can't vote him to complete projects when we feel they are notr in our interest neither shall we vote him for zonning reasons or for being in PDP.
This is a lesson every politician should learn today in Naija.
Let your works and actions speak for you. you can no longer buy peoples votes.
It finished! People are wiser now.

(1) (Reply)

Gsm Network Disabled In Abuja Because Of Presidential Inauguration? / Zoning Crisis: Jonathan To Compensate S’west, N’east / Kano: Gov Kwankwaso Appoints Okorocha's Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.