Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' (27119 Views)

Anti-Open Grazing: We Are Prepared To Protect Our People At Any Cost - Akeredolu / We Are Committed To One United Nigeria – South-East Governors / One United Africa 1000 Man March: Jonathan, Anyaoku, Ooni Of Ife, Soyinka Join (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by GeneralPula: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2021
Rugaria:

E pain am..

There’s nothing to pain me about the lies you wrote..

But I’m driving now. Can’t type..
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Feggie3: 9:15am On Jun 10, 2021
pacespot:

If the paradise your Biafra agitators promise you is real, you should have seen the sign beckoning on your hope right now, how is the South East region faring in terms of development compared to the rest of the country? Those countries you mentioned have picked up their development long before their separations from parent countries. But one thing you myopic biafrans failed to understand is that those smaller countries cannot fully stand on their own despite being well developed, Singapore for instance imports almost all its foods from Malaysia and the rest of Asia because agriculture is zero in the country. Sweden, Norway, Denmark are still under the umbrella of European Union. We saw what happened recently with Qatar when Saudi Arabia mounted serious economic blockade against the small nation and was able to rally other Arabs countries in the middle east behind it, except Iran. What happened? Qatar had to submit to the Saudi's demands to maintain some censorship in aljazera over some polical issues. What you people, biafrans especially, don't realize is that, you are not fully an independent nation if you are not able to produce most of the essential goods you need. Economic or trade war is a real threat to smaller countries. Nigeria is more self sufficient as a united country than being divided into separate nations like biafra, oduduwa or arewa. Why do you think the West are keen on breaking up China into Hong Kong, Taiwan, Uirguh, etc, because they know the smaller a country is the weaker they are?

Don't just let sentiments override your thinking on the current Nigerian situation, the North are still very useful in their agricultural contribution to the country. We just need to address what is causing the conflict between the farmers and the herders, then restructure the country into a true federal state. Nigeria should be thinking of expanding itself, not dividing within.
Oil thief..
Onye oshi oil...
Why are you crying more than the bereaved? When do you start showing sympathy for the survival of Igbos?

Come and tap oil free and let us seperate in peace biko.
Criminals in disguise....
Ekwensu!!
Chukwu nna kpuo kwa gi oku!!!
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by skywalker240(m): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2021
pacespot:

If the paradise your Biafra agitators promise you is real, you should have seen the sign beckoning on your hope right now, how is the South East region faring in terms of development compared to the rest of the country? Those countries you mentioned have picked up their development long before their separations from parent countries. But one thing you myopic biafrans failed to understand is that those smaller countries cannot fully stand on their own despite being well developed, Singapore for instance imports almost all its foods from Malaysia and the rest of Asia because agriculture is zero in the country. Sweden, Norway, Denmark are still under the umbrella of European Union. We saw what happened recently with Qatar when Saudi Arabia mounted serious economic blockade against the small nation and was able to rally other Arabs countries in the middle east behind it, except Iran. What happened? Qatar had to submit to the Saudi's demands to maintain some censorship in aljazera over some polical issues. What you people, biafrans especially, don't realize is that, you are not fully an independent nation if you are not able to produce most of the essential goods you need. Economic or trade war is a real threat to smaller countries. Nigeria is more self sufficient as a united country than being divided into separate nations like biafra, oduduwa or arewa. Why do you think the West are keen on breaking up China into Hong Kong, Taiwan, Uirguh, etc, because they know the smaller a country is the weaker they are?

Don't just let sentiments override your thinking on the current Nigerian situation, the North are still very useful in their agricultural contribution to the country. We just need to address what is causing the conflict between the farmers and the herders, then restructure the country into a true federal state. Nigeria should be thinking of expanding itself, not dividing within.
You're right to some extent and extremely wrong to a great margin

Every region is self sufficient in this country, even the south east too,

Laziness and over dependent on oil allocation from Federal government has made a lot of things change in our eyes

Nobody was that much dependent on oil back in the early 60s, oil allocation was just an added bonus.

Even when we all break away, there would always be biletheheral trade with each neighbor
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by SeriouslySense(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2021
Dont make it about your personal feelings, okay, when they kill people in the north, they don't distinguish, whether you are an Ibo or south south. besides i think you may just be a northern troll pretending to be from south south, to cause discord among brothers.

If you are from the south south, it shows how weak, and intimidated you are by our Ibo relatives or brothers.

You better know who you are, else you will become a slave in the future. If you know who you are, you will be happy for the ibos, and you willl never be intimidated by them because we are very related, and almost the same kind of people.

If you are a northern troll, face your insecurity. If you are really from the south south, pls my brother what is coming is bigger than you, so choose cooperation with Ibos, we are one, even with the Benin's, and Yoruba's, we are all one, stop this narrow bitterness, and low self esteem, its not you.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Are you sure you are not a troll from the north, mali or Mauritania

Ekpeitit:
I agree with Obasanjo but I don't think there will ever be peace in Nigeria as long as the Igbos are part of Nigeria. I believe that the Igbos should be allowed to have their own country and Nigeria should build a big wall around the border with all Igbo tribes especially around the Niger Delta so they don't get into Niger Delta. How they survive in that enclave will be their problem not Nigeria's problem. I'm sick of Igbos always talking about war and Biafra when they know that they can't survive on their own for 1 month.
Please give Igbos Biafra.
For the young Igbos who are uneducated and have no idea about history, I'll like to remind you that Biafra surrendered to the Nigerian army because Nigerian army was able to shut all Biafran avenue to the outside world which include seaway through Warri,present day Rivers and Bayelsa, present day Akwa Ibom and present day Cross River,as a result of this over 2 million Biafrans died of hunger and starvation,this is the reason they're fighting tooth and nail to include Niger Delta in Biafra. Unfortunately for the Igbos the Niger Delta people are not interested in any alliance with them because we have learnt a big lesson from sharing the defunct Eastern Nigeria with the Igbos and also we suffered so much during the civil war.
Even if Nigeria breaks up,we will build a wall around the Niger Delta to keep the Igos from mass migration into our territory.
How the Igbos will survive in Biafra is their problem.
A group of people who have no means whatsoever of surviving on their own but always talking about war and secession are only making are only making fun of themselves.
Even a child knows that Igbos cannot survive on their own.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Brenexbaba1: 9:21am On Jun 10, 2021
I totally disagree with you, divided Nigeria is not the way, Germany, italy ,USA, india are all not only one tribe... we nigeria citizens cause 70% of nigeria problem.....

Temidayo9:
I disagree with you sir on the issue surrounding already disintegrated Nations that are not doing better, currently, Nigeria happen to be the only country in the world that is being govern with lies from its leaders just like what you posted above,
Nigeria is not 1, and we can never be , this is the hard truth we need to say to ourself.
And more also, South Sudan is far more better than Nigeria of today.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Homebaked: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2021
So we remain here and get diminished by bandits and unknown gunmen?
Rissimenky:
OBASANJO SAID:

Exact same thing I've been saying on this forum for months. You break up Nigeria, you diminish yourselves into little weak republics like Sierra Leone, with zero guarantee of prosperity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Amarachieze(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2021
Nigeria has never been "one" and can never be: the reason we are not faring well. Oneness is far more and beyond political cum geographical or territorial delineations.The elites should not assume they know it all: The very citizens or ethnic nationalities they claim are better off under one Nigeria should have their voices expressed through referendum. WHY IS IT DIFFICULT ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by 2Lynx(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2021
pacespot:

Economic or trade war is a real threat to smaller countries. .[/b]
A valid point here, economic and trade war is a real threat, and I am not sure that Biafra would survive this, I live here and I am not sure we would, we are even seriously divided amongst ourselves too, but the oodua Republic would fare better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by SeriouslySense(m): 9:30am On Jun 10, 2021
Becuase they want your crude oil and they need your lands, and waters.

See while the southern Nigeria is hightly blessed, her people lack good, education, good water, are the only ones who suffer from intimidation by the police and now they do not have control in any sector of the economy, every sector of the economy has been given to th enortherners.

So what do the fulani elites, do, they take your resources because they belive the southern people are divided, anc can be fooled, they use the resources of the south to to build Niger republic, and to keep their influences across norther african countries, by also purchasing weapons, which they use to exploit other countries. What they realsized is that they can take Nigeria, through the government, and take peoples lands and resources and even displace the people gradually.

See there is a lot going on, i cannot even summarize it now, because i want to start the work for the day.

All this things should be obvious to the people, but somehow, they are able to divide them and brain wash them, its just amazing how they can deceive for a long time, but i can go on and on revealing their strategy, but the question is why are we blind and easily fooled and used against each other, it baffles me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So if the people choose to be deceived, they will use them until they are dry like cray fish, they heavily invested in deceiving people with one Nigeria slogan, meanwhile they made plans, how to take everything from them, they just play us against each other like Ludo. I really don't understand why they are able to get away with it.

So funny cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Amarachieze:
Nigeria has never been "one" and can never be: the reason we are not faring well. Oneness is far more and beyond political cum geographical or territorial delineations.The elites should not assume they know it all: The very citizens or ethnic nationalities they claim are better off under one Nigeria should have their voices expressed through referendum. WHY IS IT DIFFICULT ?
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Temidayo9(m): 9:32am On Jun 10, 2021
Brenexbaba1:
I totally disagree with you, divided Nigeria is not the way, Germany, italy ,USA, india are all not only one tribe... we nigeria citizens cause 70% of nigeria problem.....

Those countries you mentioned never rule there Nation with lies and propaganda, with the current contraption of Nigeria state, it can never work. A country with vast abundant resources that still lack basic amenities even after being together for over 100 years, then let's try it separately this time may be it will work. After all it's not working currently.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Ekpeitit(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2021
Rugaria:

The "we the Niger Delta" crew on the beat again..
Dude might be posting from igangan, Ibarappa or Benin Republic IDP camps...
But his biggest worries are how to build the greatest walls to fence off Biafra!
Genocidal rat..
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Ekpeitit(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2021
I am saying Nigeria should give you Biafra,isn't that what the Igbos want?
Hahahaha.
You will get that Igbo Biafra sooner than you think.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by AfonjaConehead: 9:48am On Jun 10, 2021
Rissimenky:
OBASANJO SAID:

Exact same thing I've been saying on this forum for months. You break up Nigeria, you diminish yourselves into little weak republics like Sierra Leone, with zero guarantee of prosperity.

Shut up, thank you
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by EMMY76: 9:49am On Jun 10, 2021
Obj and other leaders in nigeria still advocating and insisting on the indivisibility of nigeria because of what they are currently benefiting are the real major problem of nigerians.
How can any reasonable person still advocate for one nigeria after all these years of chaos and confusion due to lack of ethnic cohesion, understanding and tolerance? The truth is that the fulani core muslim north will definitely never change their islamic world view which sees other non fulani muslim nigerians as inferior to them which is the root cause of nigeria's underdevelopment and insecurity.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by AfonjaConehead: 9:50am On Jun 10, 2021
Ekpeitit:
I agree with Obasanjo but I don't think there will ever be peace in Nigeria as long as the Igbos are part of Nigeria. I believe that the Igbos should be allowed to have their own country and Nigeria should build a big wall around the border with all Igbo tribes especially around the Niger Delta so they don't get into Niger Delta. How they survive in that enclave will be their problem not Nigeria's problem. I'm sick of Igbos always talking about war and Biafra when they know that they can't survive on their own for 1 month.
For the young Igbos who are uneducated and have no idea about history, I'll like to remind you that Biafra surrendered to the Nigerian army because Nigerian army was able to shut all Biafran avenue to the outside world which include seaway through Warri,present day Rivers and Bayelsa, present day Akwa Ibom and present day Cross River,as a result of this over 2 million Biafrans died of hunger and starvation,this is the reason they're fighting tooth and nail to include Niger Delta in Biafra. Unfortunately for the Igbos the Niger Delta people are not interested in any alliance with them because we have learnt a big lesson from sharing the defunct Eastern Nigeria with the Igbos and also we suffered so much during the civil war.
Even if Nigeria breaks up,we will build a wall around the Niger Delta to keep the Igos from mass migration into our territory.
A group of people who have no means whatsoever of surviving on their own but always talking about war and secession are only making are only making fun of themselves.

So Igbos will move away and we Niger Deltans will choose to remain with the zoo!!!!!
Mental
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Ekpeitit(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

So Igbos will move away and we Niger Deltans will choose to remain with the zoo!!!!!
Mental
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by bjdon: 9:52am On Jun 10, 2021
If you travel around Nigeria you will see under development everywhere. Dilapidated schools and hospitals, terrible roads, poor sanitation. There are state governors and LG chairmen everywhere doing nothing for their people. This will not change if there is a Biafra, Oduduwa or Arewa republic. The corrupt mentality, the greed, the lack of consideration for the less well off. Its these traits that define the Nigerian today and will define the Biafran, Oduduwan and Arewan tomorrow. Much better to remain part of a United Nigeria and fight to expunge the negative traits. This country can be a super power if enough of us fight for it
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Switch07(m): 9:53am On Jun 10, 2021
Ekpeitit:

I didn't totally agree with you, do you think if Nigeria give Igbo's independent, Niger Delta will one to be part of Nigeria anymore every one will go their separate way immediately Igbo's are independent
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by AfonjaConehead: 9:54am On Jun 10, 2021

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by ifynicky: 9:54am On Jun 10, 2021
I like the fact he used "Ï" meaning that is his opinion and he is entitled to his opinion.

The best thing now is a referendum and people will decide and not one man will come and speak how he fought to keep one Nigeria. The say way he fought to keep it, some other people will fight to opt out. But do we need to get to that stage?

A country you hear children are leaders of tomorrow but its only on paper
A country that you cannot boast of 24hr power supply since you are born
A country cost of live is less than 1 pack of noddles.. Killing spree daily and some dullards will come and tell you tweeter was banned because insurgents use it to tweet.....
A country where no Yoruba man has ever controlled NPA in Lagos and the port is in their .. etc

I do not want such country for myself and my generation.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Ekpeitit(m): 9:54am On Jun 10, 2021
By using the word zoo you have just exposed that you're an Igbo.
Niger Delta will form the Niger Delta Republic but we must build a big wall so Igbos don't migrate into our country and mess it up.
We have our strategy, worry about Igbo Biafra, the Niger Delta will worry about themselves.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Ekpeitit(m): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2021
Switch07:

I didn't totally agree with you, do you think if Nigeria give Igbo's independent, Niger Delta will one to be part of Nigeria anymore every one will go their separate way immediately Igbo's are independent
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by seguno2: 9:56am On Jun 10, 2021
GorillaApp:
Na so. But you join install this monument of failure called bihari

Since the old pensioner is just waking up since before 1960, can we greet him good morning
Baba Iyabo is welcome to the Fulani Republic of Naijeriya, FRN aka BuhariStan. undecided
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Ekpeitit(m): 9:56am On Jun 10, 2021
Our country will be called The Niger Delta Republic.
Read my post very well.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by gbengaadeleye12: 9:56am On Jun 10, 2021
I did not support you on this oh
NewFolm4:
"I am a strong believer of one Nigeria, but not one Nigeria at any cost, but one Nigeria where every Nigerian can feel proud that he or she has a stake in this country."

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/466801-one-united-nigeria-should-not-be-at-any-cost-obasanjo.html
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Yusman316(m): 9:57am On Jun 10, 2021
Mysticwebb:
The actions and inactions of the leaders are the primary cause of the agitation. If we have a true leader in this country piloting the affairs of the country the agitation will reduce if not stopped completely.
It takes more than a single person (President) to pilot the affairs of a country. Unless we are not practising democracy, then we blame the person in charge. The problem is the people in the corridors of power (ministers, senators, rep members, governors, lg chairmen, councilors, directors, judges, senior civil servants etc) all represent their selfish interests and not of the people or nation, and that is where our problem lies.
I always tell people blaming APC of our numerous problems to have a rethink. APC is just a vehicle not properly piloted. The passengers can always disembark and join another vehicle. Meaning if APC loses tomorrow at the poles, they same people simply leave APC and join the winning party and the viscous circle continues.
If we have strong institutions which are by the way built by people and not a single leader then we can hold our leaders accountable no matter who they are
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by ruffDiamond: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2021
Rissimenky:

THEN MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.

NIGERIA WILL NOT SPLIT UP JUST BECAUSE TRAITORS LIKE YOU EXIST.
your Nigeria will break up by ANY MEANS NECESSARY! If you think you scare people using your Fulani ar.my,it's dead on arrival..million will die!
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by goodconsience77: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2021
dederocs:

If you are talking of country being better, look at the GDP and GNP and size of the market. Your economy can be growing or falling at a moment in time...our earnings, assets(in terms of national and private assets), is what counts, this is what bring in income, as well as the two points I mentioned earlier. Currency of countries rise and falls too. Please this is a public forum, let us pass on precise information. I dont talk about politicians cos they come and go, but market, economics etc...
what is the essence of ur large economy that makes lives unbearable for masses. When u talk about the economy one of the indices use is the standard of living, anything devoid of that is total falacy.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by dederocs(m): 10:09am On Jun 10, 2021
goodconsience77:
what is the essence of ur large economy that makes lives unbearable for masses. When u talk about the economy one of the indices use is the standard of living, anything devoid of that is total falacy.
The bigger the numbers(population size), the more poor people you find naturally, even in the US, the ratio between rich and have nots are staggering. This is capitalism. Position yourself well, compared to other African nations, we have opportunities. This negative mentality is what makes most poor, can't blame no one for that , but yourself. Yes the government can create more infrastructure, power, and access to finance via monetary and fiscal policies, but you need to be eligible to access finance, all over the world, albeit some countries have more flexible economic monetary policy than others.

Remember standard of living is relative, so you might just need to move yourself upward the food chain.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by Speakright79(m): 10:09am On Jun 10, 2021
It is you who should shut up with your ignorance. Yes, Obasanjo is right to say we are better off together but not at any cost, certainly not at the cost of some people being lords while others are 4th class citizens; not at the cost of the current oppressive government and injustice. Obasanjo should have addressed our dire need for a national conference or discussion because what we have now is completely unacceptable. You cannot force nationhood on people who are unwilling and unhappy. Any Nigerian leader who does not clearly admit that the only way for Nigeria to survive a break up is to urgently address the basis of our country in a just and equitable way, is not a patriot. Obasanjo has not called for a national discussion because he lacked the courage to do so when he was president.
Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by dederocs(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2021
ruffDiamond:
your Nigeria will break up by ANY MEANS NECESSARY! If you think you scare people using your Fulani ar.my,it's dead on arrival..million will die!
Nigeria is not all about Ibos and fulanis, we can fare better without you both.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: One, United Nigeria 'Should Not Be At Any Cost' by goodconsience77: 10:17am On Jun 10, 2021
dederocs:

If you are talking of country being better, look at the GDP and GNP and size of the market. Your economy can be growing or falling at a moment in time...our earnings, assets(in terms of national and private assets), is what counts, this is what bring in income, as well as the two points I mentioned earlier. Currency of countries rise and falls too. Please this is a public forum, let us pass on precise information. I dont talk about politicians cos they come and go, but market, economics etc...
what is the essence of ur large economy that makes live unbearable for masses. When u talk about the economy one of the indices use is the standard of living, anything devoid of that is total falacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him / Evangelist Bamidele Isola Olumilua Is Dead / Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.