Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,143 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives (31987 Views)

Kwara Governorship: PDP In Early Lead, Armed Military, DSS Operatives Spotted / Fresh Defections Loom As Governors Close In On Senator's Seats - The Punch / MC Tagwaye And His Twin Brother At APC Convention With DSS Operatives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by BruncleZuma: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by cassidy1996(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
K
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Lawalemi(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
Think back. Maybe you offended somebody
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by mytime24(f): 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
Zoo
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by nairavsdollars(f): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2021
Why is DSS always brutalizing this Olokor guy This was in 2016. Na only he wakacome?

2 Likes

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by MEGA4BILLION(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2021
You may have been one of those who wrote columns on punch newspaper to paint their ogas as the Angels incarnate prior to 2015 but later change your narrative after 2015. Enjoy a taste of the pudding.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Refinedbeing(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2021
Major General Buharis boy finally caught up with Punch. grin
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2021
grin grin
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Refinedbeing(m): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lawalemi:
"Major General Buhari" if you know.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
This man appeared stubborn too. Y telling them they weren't in a position to give you tag?
Your problem na comprehension or u just love being stupid undecided
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by millionboi(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lawalemi:
it looks like a set up
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by BBright1: 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
I no see the beating
But it's bad to assault people for minor iissues

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by hikiki(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
It's part of the change agenda. All man must receive
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
temptnow:
Abacha dey learn work where Buhari regime dey
I swear even as a military dictator Abacha nice compared to this animal in crazeman skin
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
Most youths can relate to what happened to this man. Few hours ago, I was slapped by a SARS official (Yes they're back) because the slowpoke asked me to come down from my vehicle and he felt I didn't come down fast enough. That man, anywhere he is, will suffer the plagues of a thousand locusts. He'll never see any good thing in this his miserable life till he dies. He'll regret the day he slapped me for no reason

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by kutashi: 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
LibertyRep:
From Punch.

They may still be angry that Punch is yet to revert to President Buhari from General Buhari and administration from regime
Who cares? Has that remove him from office? Because I said I will not recognise you as a human being doesn't make you not a human being!
Both you and the punch tissue are 21st century fools!
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by FBIBOT(m): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
Nigeria Don cast everyone seems to need psychological evaluation... Lots of bottled up anger and frustration... Was it not last week a soldier stab a DSS officer on wetin no concern them.. Now DSS/police officerd beating up a journalist without giving a fvck.....
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by TwoTalk(m): 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
Any sensible person in Nigeria now should be very subtle about criticizing the current crop of politicians in power especially in the presidency. There's no more freedom of expression in today's Nigeria. No thanks APC. The journalist is tough from his looks.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by meritadavize1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
Una too de form, that's why dem dash u beating

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Alleghek: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2021
It is well
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by lowkeybahdguy(m): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
I had an encounter with the DSS some weeks to my pop as a corper then. It was a rainy evening and I trekked a considerable distance to a local pharmacy to get some drugs. I was casually strolling on the side of the road when a Hilux roughly drove by and almost knocked me down. The vehicle stopped some metres ahead of me.
Irked by the reckless driving I accosted the driver on his reckless driving. These two burly individuals came out and pounced on me for daring to question them. That night I fought these two rogues to a stand still. They probably (mis)took me for a lame duck and were forming macho DSS agents.
Conincidentally, everything happened in front of the DSS base.
They attempted to drag me into their base but instead I held on to them by the scruff of their miserable necks, dragging them away from the gate and towards passers-by who saw everything that happened and who I thought would interfare or lend a helping hand against the unjust oppression by the DSS officers. Sadly, nobody lifted a finger or raised a voice to help. Nigerians and their chickenshit liver were too scared to interfere.
After about 15-20 minutes of rancourous jostling between the three of us, a second hilux suddenly stopped and the lone occupant, another DSS officer, came out with a horsewhip. It was at this point I yielded my resolve and let go of the almost torn shirts of the two bastards because by now I was almost out of breath and overpowered. The first bastard having now found his strength in company, brushed my legs from under me and they forced me to kneel down. When eventually everything was narrated to the third officer, I was let go because I was never at fault.
I left with my favorite winter jacket torn and my knee slightly bruised but with my head high because I did not cower in the face of oppression. I took mental note of the car's plate number and I openly boasted to their faces that the night was not the end of the affair (very stupid move in hindsight because I was still in front of their base). I also cursed all the bystanders for not interfering, swearing that their loved ones would suffer the injustice I had suffered that night (not that I believe in the efficacy of swears).

I was more disappointed in the bystanders who stood back and watched a fellow citizens oppressed than the officers who attempted to oppression me. Looking back now, I think maybe I was lucky they were not armed that time (throughout the fight I never saw a gun with them; maybe they left their guns in the car) because I could have been shot without remorse for defending the freedom of chickenshit livered citizens.

I walked home in the rain. If I could, I would have cried under the rain.

I went to their head office the next day (not their base) to see the OC Legal to report the misconduct of the officers. At the gate, the 3rd officer met me at the gate but I refused to exchange pleasantries with him because I'm sure he knew why I was there that afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't get to see who I intended to see. I eventually dropped my quest for vengeance because I was a corper close to pop. I thought it best to live out the remainder of my service days in peace.
I have been embittered by this experience. I have only shared the experience with my mother ever since. My father doesn't even know of this. I didn't tell my boss who was the DPP of State then, I never told any of my fellow corpers about my experience. Maybe they wouldn't believe me, or they'll call me a hot-headed warri boy.

Why am I saying all this? I don't know. But I feel good to have let this off my chest and to share my experience with others who have suffered same. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

3 Likes

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by FBIBOT(m): 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Why is DSS always brutalizing this Olokor guy This was in 2016. Na only he wakacome?
grin now this is serious... Let go consult the great one
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by kuuljay(m): 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2021
nairavsdollars:
looks like receiving beating from security forces is the guys calling grin grin
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Comedian2019: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
Topic would have been "Punch Reporter was Punched".

On a serious note, we must instil discipline in our security agents. That's just too bad.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by realstars: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2021
Xscape1993:
Lawlessness everywhere in Nigeria.
They Punch Him Becaused He Work With Punch Newspaper,
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Comedian2019: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2021
hikiki:
It's part of the change agenda. All man must receive
Even buharists are not spared. Dem dey collect too. grin
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Imagine a Nigerian Policeman telling another profession that they are the problem of Nigeria. Nigerian Police! POLICE OH!!

Jeez now I've see everything grin grin
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Cossybob(m): 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Damn nigga
Only in Nigeria, a Uniformed officer automatically thinks he has the right to do whatever even to the extent of checking the color of a woman under pants all the name of performing his role

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sale Ahmad Sale 'Baban Hassan' Killed By Nigerian Army / Ike Ekweremadu Meets Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of International Criminal Court / Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.