Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents (31563 Views)

Atedo Peterside: 100 % Of Unaltered Result On IREV Gave Adeleke Victory / INEC Uploaded Jigawa Results On IREV Portal As Imo Results – PDP / Festus Okoye: Why APGA Won’t Participate In Anambra Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by fergie001: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Excerpts from Seun Okin's interview with Festus Okoye, INEC's National Commissioner on Voter Education/Publicity on #PoliticsToday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEz6hr3ovQ
Seun Okin: Have you been able to fully upload all the results from the Presidential Election to the IReV

Festus Okoye: You cannot fully upload all the results because there were places where elections did not take place.
1. There were PUs where there were no registered voters.

2. There were areas where there were violent disruptions, you cannot expect INEC to upload all the results of all the PUs to the IReV.

Seun Okin: So how many have you uploaded so far?

Festus Okoye: I don't have the figures off-hand but substantial number of the results have already been uploaded on the IReV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEo4JM3P1s
Seun Okin: Why the discrepancy?

Festus Okoye: No discrepancy. Each party has agents at all the polling units. I find it slightly difficult to understand why almost all the political parties are relying only on the results from the IREV.

We came out and explained to Nigerians what happened.

Seun Okin: You did not.

Festus Okoye: We did.

Seun Okin: What did you say happened?

Festus Okoye: We said there was a glitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTl9nzlsi-w
Seun Okin: Millions of naira, Nigeria's tax payers money, was set aside for this election and INEC said there was a technical glitch. Tell Nigerians, was this technical glitch a human or machine error?

Festus Okoye: It is not true that the machine failed. The machine has three components, for voters registration, voters accreditation and results upload. All worked successfully excepting results upload of the Presidential Election so there was no failure.

You can buy a vehicle today and it develops a fault same day.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Novarisammy2: 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
cock and bull story

What is it about the government and its agents and employees that they can lie to us with impunity, but we risk being sent to jail if we lie to them?

264 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Novarisammy2: 8:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
The most exhausting thing in life, I have discovered, is being insincere.

317 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by slawomir: 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
Damnnn niggarrrr

Warey

If nor be tribalism way dey worry us for Nigeria

You and Mahmoud for don dey one side that na if at all una still dey alive after a cataclysmic revolution and protest fall on una head

This is why I love arab country
Light up my weed while I puff it with anger and walk outta this thread

280 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Tripitaka: 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
Tell ome lie and you'll need a plethora of lies to back it up.

Unfortunately, we live in a country where people support illegality as long as it remotely benefits their sentiments and disposition.

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Hollyharjii: 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
What were you expecting from him to say?
Do you expect him to say that they purposely compromised?

Of course na technical glitch dem go talk say happen just to cover dem ojooro

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by davodyguy: 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
Stating the fact.
There are over 100,000 polling units.

APC and PDP had party agents in all, as party agents are expected to stay at the polling units, count votes there and sign the form before the form is either uploaded it the hard copy taken to the collation Centre.

You're unable to get 100,000 plus agents to assist and you want to claim fraud or rely on IREV.

So what happen in those units that you had no agent? How can you prove fraud?

Tell this Obi guy to stop wasting his time and 🤑

90 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by ClassicMan202(m): 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
When INEC boss was busy singing in interviews that results will be uploaded real time.... Una no know abi??

INEC has no excuse whatsoever

CyracksMrBlogger:
Real facts, party agents should be relied upon

Hear yourself... So we should leave INEC and rely on on party agents??

Alary:

When I told you I will transfer money to you by so so Time , but there were glitches on the network and I decided to send it by courier , is that not fair enough.

What if the so called courier tampered with the amount??

This is why Nigeria released huge sums of money to INEC, to avoid all this courier talk
Nononsense247:

Shut up ... Agents no get result ?

Show me anywhere for electoral act wey say make we use agent result.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by paymentvoucher: 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
Roles and responsibilities of party agents cannot be overemphasized during elections. When APC and PDP were busy recruiting party agents across all polling units in Nigeria, LP was busy with town hall meetings in some selected geopolitical zones in the country. I wasn’t surprised that LP couldn’t challenge the result at the tribunal hence the IREV real time upload challenge.

If you still believe any court in Nigeria will upturn the election result, you are sleeping on a bicycle. Very soon, technicality will step in. Nigeria doesn’t even have enough to conduct another election this period, I don’t know if we would have recovered in the next four years anyways. All thanks to Uncle Buhari

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Cityboi22: 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ok
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Naijaguy123: 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
IPOB still looking for stolen mandate . Just come back in 4 years and try again.

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by helinues: 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
grin

Before the election, we asked the opposition if they understand the role of a party agents, they had no clue.

The oppositions relied on the results that would be upload on Irev to collate the results as they are short of party agents. At least LP was short of ten thousands of agents across the 177k polling unit in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/7594746/oppositions-relied-inec-results-collate

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by wayodude(m): 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
If the Irev failure is so irrelevant in the process why bother having it in the first place particularly at such a high cost to the tax payer? Remember this election cost over 300 BILLION NAIRA!!!!

Why was communication about the glitch not made promptly by INEC if there really was one and considering what was at stake?

Why have no details about the so called glitch been provided?

Why did the glitch not affect the other elections process going on in parallel and relying fully on the same back end via AWS?

This small man thinks he is clever. By these comments it is clear he doesn't rate the Nigerian public at all. He thinks you are all fools.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by kenedyx: 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
Damn! What a fat-headed idiot!
It's the brazen cockiness for me.. These guys think they're talking to kindergartens.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by AutoChick4U(f): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
So what was the need for irev in the first place if una plan to rely on agents? Corrupt party

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by RomanGreen: 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
Chai, all these lies in a bid to protect Tinubu, truth must come out soon. Naso we go dey put fire for una yansh. Useless mandate thieves

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Judolisco(m): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
We still dey on dis matter.... Toor should d court cancel d election and order for another election? I doubt... Considering d amount of money dat has been spent.... Most of d riggings were carried out by dis so called party agents... They really cashed out

2 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by oweniwe(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Why did it fail for presidential election when house of reps and Senate went smoothly?

INEC should simply say they disabled the uploading function/code/algorithm in the presidential results uploading page in the portal's back end so they can do their wayo

Other pages will work, but the particular disabled presidential election results uploading page/function won't work

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by magoo10(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
how will you understand. Ole

14 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by 9jvirgin(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Didijiji: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
GGJU

God
Go
Judge
Una

4 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by israel90: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Inec trying to cover there failure and corruption

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Angelfrost(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
INEC goofed big time...!

In saner climes, an electoral body won't be making such statements! They are just too preposterous!

If a nation's electoral body can't be incorruptible and truly Independent along with the Judiciary, then there can be no real hope for that nation!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by EleventhWeirdo: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Warey

If nor be tribalism way dey worry us for Nigeria

You and Mahmoud for don dey one side that na if at all una still dey alive after a cataclysmic revolution and protest fall on una head

Hahaha this Igbo smoker again? Even ordinary condemned criminals dey get political opinion in this country. Chai cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Kukutenla: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Lol
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Mrshape: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Except the presidential election , see evidence

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by LesbianBoy(m): 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Has anyone else noticed this....

This evil APC government always put the igbos where they know there would be plenty curses rained on the person. And the mumu sell out igbos take such rubbish jobs. From this bastard inec spokes guy to the DSS spokesperson etc angry

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Real facts, party agents should be relied upon

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Back From Italy, Attends Lagos At 50 Gala Night (pics) / Orji Uzor Kalu Releases Photos From Germany, Says Am Healthy And Strong / 2021: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.