Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN (35963 Views)

Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail – CBN / Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail – CBN Warns Nigerians / Big Politicians Buhari Sent To Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by prof2007: 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2021
Central Bank of Nigeria has condemned the rate at which Nigerians mutilate, deface, squeeze and even spray and sell the naira notes. The apex bank threatened that “abuse of the currency attracts a penalty not less than 6 months or a fine not less than N50,000 or both.”

Assistant Director at the Currency Operations Dept, Aladeen Badajo said this Thursday during commencement of CBN two-day sensitisation fair held in Abeokuta. The programme was meant to create awareness about its activities in relation to economic development initiatives.

In his presentation, Badejo urged the people to consider Nigeria’s currency as a symbol of national identity. Badejo who stressed the need to handle the banknotes with care and dignity expressed concern over huge amounts being spent reprinting them. He said, “Abuse of the currency attracts a penalty of not less than 6 months or a fine of not less than N50,000 or both.”

Acting Director, Corporate Communications Department, CBN, Osita Nwanisiobi said the bank attached great importance to sensitisation programmes. Nwanisiobi said the programme had become necessary to enable the bank acquaint the public with its economic development initiatives and to explain opportunities available and how every citizen could take advantage of them.

He added that the programme would also help to receive feedback from the public for consideration in development of other policies. The Director explained that the programme was in tune with the vision of the CBN Governor, which according to him is to operate a people’s Centred Bank

Nwanisiobi further explained CBN’s policies and initiatives were designed to address observed failures in some sectors and with a view to building a strong and sustainable financial system. He, therefore, urged members of the public not only to acquire info about the programmes but also take advantage of them.

The Development Finance Department of the CBN, Biodun Okunola explained that the bank had opened various fundings designed to boost the economy with the target to promote small and medium scale businesses.

https://punchng.com/spray-naira-notes-and-go-to-jail-cbn-tells-nigerians/

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by DarlingtonC: 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Na today?

183 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Mangekyo: 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Rubbish

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Kriss216: 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
Old threat!

This threat is older than Buhari's blokus.

251 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by temitope27(m): 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
I will spree come and arrest me, bunch of fools,shey na Nigeria problem be that

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by iampeterben(m): 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
Okay, don't worry I will be packaging my monetary gifts in envelopes henceforth. Well noted!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by BlueRayDick: 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
They should start with malami first. He was caught on camera spraying at his son's wedding having flouted the COVID-19 guidelines join. The video was everywhere on the internet.

If they can't prosecute him then they should stop making empty threats up and down

223 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by money121(m): 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Sakamaje
Awon oni yeye grin grin

C.E.O Imranroofing 5k Weekly Giveaway

Apply here >> https://www.nairaland.com/6543654/c.e.o-imranroofing-5k-weekly-giveaway

6 Likes

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by ZUBY77(m): 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
No problem. I will change to Ghana Cedis and Spray.

Or am I in trouble too?

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
It's an old law, yet it does not get enforced at all....

1 Like

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by samutd4u(m): 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Sleyk: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
If I may ask What was the first Terró attack of IPOB before they tag #IPOB #Terroist organization in 2017.. please if any one should answer this question then I will quit the struggle and watch from behind..I am waiting for ur answers

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
E don tey wey we don ddy hear dis nah.

We hope they take it serious this time around.

A cleaner and better Nigeria is all we want.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Itisallright: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lori iro....

3 Likes

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
money wey no even get worth them still dey meskafon..

13 Likes

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by channelstravel: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
grin

Oboi, I am looking carefully to see all the Governors go to jail after attending all those ceremonies
Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
BlueRayDick:
They should start with malami first. He was caught in camera spraying at his son's wedding having flouted the COVID-19 guidelines join. The video was everywhere on the internet.

If they can't prosecute him then they should stop making empty threats up and down
Learn how to come out bold and call a spade a spade.
Stop tribalizing a crime.
This is the nonsense most of you so called leaders of tomorrow are good at.
Why can't they start from the people around your vicinity that you see everyday rather than a particular person.
So if the Malami you mentioned is not prosecuted, no other person should be prosecuted aight?
Usual Nonsensical childish rubbish!

Is this how you want your country to move forward when TRIBALISM and RELIGIOUS shenanigans has eaten deep into all of you like Ants.
The earlier you stop this nonsense, the better for your future and the future of your unborn kids.

"Na our uncle, na our uncle make una allow am thief"
Make una first go catch other thieves dem dem.
What a way to live life!
Shame on you and your tribalistic type!

We will continue to hit all of una heads with the truth.
Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by mokkalu1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
What of dollar?

Ndị ara!

2 Likes

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by nairavsdollars(f): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Useless talk we have been hearing since colonial days
Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Nuelito: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Akuko Pa Mike Ejeagha....everyday new tori

1 Like

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by lokho(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Let's see what the igbos will do about it

1 Like

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by wabashe: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Toh
Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by tunjijones(m): 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
Una dey mad.

Is it your money. Money that i worked for, cbn now want to tell me how to spend it.

Ontop naira wey no even get value.

God punish una.

3 Likes

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Kingluqman(m): 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
grin

Naira wey no get value again

1 Like

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Paragon311(m): 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
Law is for the masses and not the elites

8 Likes

Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by Adeolaeniola(m): 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
Na today
Re: Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN by pulse9ja: 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Visits Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (Photos) / Accident: An Assassination Attempt Against Oshiomhole - Victor Oshioke / Hoodlums Set Enugu North Local Government Secretariat On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.