Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,143 members, 7,953,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview (427 Views)

Yabagi Sani: South-East Leaders Treating IPOB Issue With Kid Gloves / Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says / “Africans Are Lazy” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Says (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview by Itopalucky(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Imo west senator and former Imo governor, Rochas Okorocha has described the agitation of secessionist group, Independent People of Biafra (IPOB) among others, as a challenge that started as a child’s play.

He said this when he granted a recent interview to BBC Hausa.

In the interview, the former Imo governor, speaking in Hausa language, lamented the spate of insecurity in the country, particularly the southeast region.

He berated those supporting calls for secession.

Okorocha emphasized that majority of the youths pushing the secession clamours are doing so because they want to be recognized. He identified frustration and the fact that there are no jobs for the youths, as the reason why the clamour for secession went this unbelievably loud.

He said the leaders in the various regions and across the country are afraid to speak against these secession agitators, for fear of being attacked.

While restating his commitment to the nonnegotiable unity of Nigeria by saying “for me, I stand for Nigeria and for the unity of Nigeria!”, he blamed the secession agitations on the careless talks of the leaders across the regions of the country who sometimes use tribalism as a means to gain cheap popularity within their regions.

“We have problem with our leaders all over the country. The careless talk they make, the children take it very serious. Leaders will say Igbos don’t like Hausa, Hausas don’t like yorubas, yorubas don’t like Igbos and so on.... these kids are hearing it and sometimes when politicians want to be voted they also tell their youth that this tribe doesn’t like that tribe so they can gain cheap popularity,” Okorocha said.

Attached is Facebook link to the video:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1115365412288990

Re: IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview by Coldshisha: 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
That this man and Yeye Bello thinks they have a chance makes me laugh
Re: IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Okoroawusa for a reason

Re: IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview by slivertongue: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2021
aso rock is the bane
Re: IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview by Moferere: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2021
Coldshisha:
That this man and Yeye Bello thinks they have a chance makes me laugh
I recommend Brighter Grammar 1 - 4
When you use AND, the accompanying verb should be plural verb

Re: IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview by Ever8090: 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
Now it has grown up...
Re: IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview by Coldshisha: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
Moferere:

I recommend Brighter Grammar 1 - 4

You are stuck on your colonial masters language...

I am stuck on Programming language... Python , Pearl, PhP

So no vex no time for Brighters grammar

Hope your proficiency in English earns you a living and gets you a British Visa

1 Like

Re: IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview by Moferere: 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
Coldshisha:

You are stuck on your colonial masters language...

I am stuck on Programming language... Python , Pearl, PhP

So no vex no time for Brighters grammar

Incorrigible element undecided
Re: IPOB Issue Started As A Child’s Play, Okorocha Says In A BBC Hausa Interview by fourboys: 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

NNPC Engages Gas Producers To Boost Supply For Gencos / See Best Article You Will Ever Read Concerning Solution To Current Nigerian Issu / Daddyshowkey Slams Delta State Gov.t Over Poor State Of Camps His Team Resides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.