Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea (4836 Views)

South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense / South-East Has No Land For Fulani Herdsmen — IPOB Threatens Governors, Monarchs / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by omonnakoda: 11:18am On Jun 12, 2021
gidgiddy:

And under article 125 of UNCLOS, Nigeria has to consent.

Dont bring Mali or Niger into this, both countries are too far away from the Sea for it to make any economic sense to use the River Niger

The South East on the other hand is just 25 nautical miles to the Sea
We are not discussing "economic sense"

Economic sense TO WHOM
Who is the judge of that?

The issue is the Law you are citing .

That principle applies whether to Mali or Niger.

Nigeria does not have to allow access by a route of your choosing or liking

First the break up has to be peaceful and Biafra has to be recognized by Nigeria to claim any rights.

If both remain as belligerents then there is nothing to discuss
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by Ekpeitit(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2021
You know all this and you're still disturbing the Niger Delta people?
So,what do you want from us?
Oil?
Hahahaha.
Go ahead and create the all powerful Igbo Nation Enyi, we're not interested in any alliance .
NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC WILL BE OUR COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by barragan: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2021
gidgiddy:

Your problem is that you dont know the law. If the South East becomes an independent country, International law allows it to use whatever waterway it has to access the sea. In other words, Nigeria cannot prevent the the South East from having access yo sea through Nigerian territory

Article 125(1) of UNCLOS(United Nations Convention On Laws Of The Sea) says:

Right of access to and from the sea and freedom of transit

Land-locked States shall have the right of access to and from the sea for the purpose of exercising the rights provided for in this Convention including those relating to the freedom of the high seas and the common heritage of mankind. To this end, land-locked States shall enjoy freedom of
transit through the territory of transit States by all means of transport.

Nigeria cannot prevent Abia state Azumiri River, or Imo state Oguta River to access the ocean

Why don't you quote points 2 and 3 of the said article? You are being deceitful.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by Walkee: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2021
DesChyko:

Bottom line, this claim below is false.

The names, profiling and description present on the internet which are used now are what people of today believe, knew, thought or accept as the case may be.
God you are slow. So before oyinbos named yam yam it didn't have a name and descriptions in your local language?
What appears on the internet was written/put there by a human being. There's no consensus on what should appear on the internet. The validity of it depends on how knowledgeable the person who wrote it is.
These things we are typing will appear in a Google search results.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by Walkee: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2021
DesChyko:

So that perhaps when you see how falliable you are, you'd ease off on gloating on your 'profound' knowledge and spend more time doing some actual 'knowing' instead.
lmao look at this ignoramus who believes a Strait is the same a river and also believe there are many rivers in the south east emptying into the Atlantic because they have different local names talking about someone knowing cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by DesChyko: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2021
Walkee:
God you are slow.
Walkee:
ignoramus

Name calling.
Quite expected.
One of us needs to learn indeed.

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by Walkee: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
DesChyko:

Name calling.
Quite expected.
One of us needs to learn indeed.
it's not an insult, just an observation. What other adjective qualifies someone who thinks River Niger is many rivers flowing from Igbo land to the Atlantic simply because the locals call it different names in their respective regions? Or someone who thinks a Strait can start as a river?
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by Johnsown1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I don't think saying that the South East is landlocked like Lesotho is condescending or a matter that calls for argument or debate. It's just a reference to the geographical location of the zone taken out of context.
Below is the map, please use this map to show how the SE has access to the ocean.
what is in between those rigorous lines that they used to draw the map, have you been to those places the op mentioned. Just keep quite and read on
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by FreeIgbos: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
godwinkessi:

Do u ignorant folk, every Igbo man is IPOB! But deep y’all Fulani janjaaaweeds are way landlocked than any landlocked region on earth! That is why a united Nigeria is what y’all fight so tht hunger won’t kill u people. The only light y’all see is because of this Nigeria else you would be somewhere now with ur kettle, shouting haram haram up and down and maybe if u are little chanced, you’ll be somewhere in the south with ur begging plate begging southerners! Y’all have tried so much to bring division to the United South, but y’all don’t divide in the north. That era of divide and rule is over. That is why y’all trembling. This is the hardest it has gotten for u terrorists and jihadists. U think If Biafra goes, south west and south south will stay? U don’t have any sense, I’m not expecting any sense from a janjaweeeeeeed

Don't mind the desperate unity beggers. I tried to enlighten them in this thread below but it's obvious they are paid irritants with a mandate to cause confusion among Southerners.

https://www.nairaland.com/6598074/exposed-why-north-now-pushing#102607361
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by OperationcowLeg: 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
gartamanta:
During his interview by Arise Tv, Buhari said he was happy because he heard that the South South geopolitical zone had decided to remain part of Nigeria and would deny the South East access to the sea should the South East become an independent country. Do not be deceived by Buhari, even without the South South, the South East has access to the sea, here is why there is a reason y ppl continue to state that easterners are not politically savvy . U want ppl to read a lengthy write up but u started attacking Yoruba from the word go withing ur first paragraph and u expect ppl to realy want to solidarize with u.

A lie when told for many times and for so long unchallenged transforms into a truth , one of such is the horrible falsehood institutionally unveiled and allowed to prevail by the oppressive Nigeria government backed by hausa Fulani oligarchy and Yoruba hegemony after the Nigeria /Biafra civil War that ALA IGBO is landlocked (that Igboland has no access to sea), This conspiracy was one of their strategies meant to scheme NDIGBO out of economic relevance in Nigeria..

This exposition is meant to debunk this age long lie from the pit of hell with the truth, the truth of the rich, easy to explore and harnessed potential seaport in ALAIGB O. You can easily confirm this TRUTH if you know how to read Google Earth or walking through these areas by foot and canoe or flying boat as the case may be.

Meanwhile, I cannot go on without making mention of the scope of ALAIGBO (Igboland) in Nigeria. What is geographically known as Igbo land today is far smaller than what it was and legally supposed to be. As far back as 1856, Baikie- one of the earliest and credible geographers of ancient Nigeria had this to say “ Igbo homeland, extends east and west from the Old kalaber river to the bank of Kwora, Niger river, and possesses also some territory at Aboh. an Igbo clan, to the west-ward of the later stream. On the North it borders on Igara, Iigala and Akpoto, and it is separated from the sea only by petty tribes , all of which trace their origin to this great race” (Baikie, William Balfour’ Published with a sanction of her Majesty’s government in 1856).

But with that infamous post-War abandoned property policy and the egregious institutional injustices in boundary adjustments and the widespread anti-Igbo gerrymandering, Igbos physically and psychologically lost their vested ancestral lands, all to the point of not caring anymore about their historical contiguity to the Atlantic, which their ancestors beheld and called the ‘Great Sea’. The psychological beat-down got so bad that some of the descendants of these Igbo ancestors (nearest to the Atlantic and now lying outside Southeast) are no longer sure whether they are Igbo or not.

The worst injustice was In 1976 when the Justice Nasir Boundary Adjustment Commission made a serious and targeted agenda of carving out core Igboland territories into some neighboring States of the South-South. But they didn’t quite make an absolute success of it. They missed the southernmost Southeast lands that possess Rivers that meandered through slices of Igbo-friendly South-South territories and ended up at the Atlantic, thus unwittingly placing Igboland and its right of access to the sea under the canons of customary international law.

POTENTIAL SEAPORTS IN ALAIGBO: ALL ARE CLOSER TO ATLANTIC OCEAN THAN OTHER SEAPORTS IN NIGERIA.

With reference to the seaports outside the present South East and without equivocating non of them was of less nautical miles than those in the south east which were abandoned. In lay man’s understanding a nautical mile is about 1.8 kilometers.

To be sure, Ikwerre land or Igweocha which bears the greater portions of the Portharcourt seaport was dredged up to 50 nautical miles to the Atlantic front through the Bonny River. Onne seaport was dredged up to 60 nautical Miles to the Atlantic and Calabar seaport was dredged 45 nautical miles to the Atlantic. Ibaka seaport is about 30 nautical miles to the Atlantic and the Lagos seaports was dredged up to about 50 nautical miles to the Atlantic.

NOW CHECK IN ALAIGBO (SOUTH EAST)

A. Azumiri (blue River) in Abia State, which is a large and deep body of water is 30 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean ( strategically located for a seaport, connecting Rivers State, Akwaibom State, and Abia State)

B. Obeaku- Ndoki River Is 25 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean and is another potential seaport waiting for our use.

C. Oseakwa (River Ulasi) Ihiala Anambra State that is linked to Osemoto Oguta River Imo State Is only 18 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean with 20m deep without dredging. Do you know that Ulasi is the deepest River in Nigeria, (Strategically located connecting Anambra Imo, Delta, Beyelsa and Enugu)

Why do we have Moribund Seaports in Igbo land? It’s deliberate orchestration and conspiracy to under develop Igboland instituted by the Hausa Fulani oligarchy. Knowing very well that functional seaport in igboland is very strategic for the economic development of Alaigbo

A functional seaport is the only way to transform ala Igbo to economic hub of West Africa.

*The economic destiny of Ndi Igbo lies in Maritime business..

* Ndi Igbo must rise now to seek for economic survival.

Have you seen that the notion “ Igboland is landlocked” is a garbage from our adversaries meant to scheme ndigbo out from economic power . We must break this conspiracy and make Ala Igbo prosperous and economic hub of Africa.

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by FreeIgbos: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2021
omonnakoda:
The River Niger passes through Mali and Niger(LANDLOCKED NATIONS) before emptying in Nigeria

If SE becomes a separate country from Nigeria

It is NO DIFFERENT from Mali

Yes the Niger flows from Mali into Nigeria

But Ships cannot just arrive and start sailing from the Niger Delta to Mali through Nigeria

Biafra would be on exactly the same level

I don't know if your problem is ignorance or you're just being mischievous. You've been all over the thread saying trash that has no bearing in real life.

So, you're now comparing Mali and Niger that are over a thousand miles away from the Atlantic to Obeaku or Oguta that are just a few nautical miles from the Atlantic?

Are you even aware that rivers that pass through arid areas are often seasonal? That is, they usually dry up during the harmattan? I have once stayed in Lokoja briefly, you can ask anyone that knows the town very well if I'm lying. The river Niger virtually dries up and you will be seeing patches of dry lands all along its course! Now if Lokoja that is just in the North Central and has a confluence with Benue can dry up annually, what do you think would happen in sections of the river Niger that lies further North?

Are you also aware that there are what is known as rapids and falls all along the river niger in the North? It was such rapids that killed Mungo Park during his expedition!

Are you also aware that ships or barges can move relatively slowly on shallow waters, so how many weeks do you think it will take them to move goods and subject them to risks of attacks when they can easily use train or roads?

Yet you're comparing all these to a port that is almost sitting by the ocean??

I spit on your ignorance and mischief!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by omonnakoda: 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2021

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by vasel15: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
Walkee:
lol you are comparing a sea to a river lmao
Seas are international waters, rivers are not

another empty oyel head,by the time biafra becomes a country,both rivers and even pond would be subjected to international waters law,i say una no go school na to cry for nddc gate una sabi...

NILE RIVER IS WHAT

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by Headachetoigboh(f): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
omonnakoda:
You sound pained by something.

Pained....Dm me so.i show u whom I am. I live in Canada with my family but the atrocities in Nigeria is unbearable.

Dm if u want to know if am saying the truth so I don't feel.any heat or lose anything.Am only a concerned human. People die daily in Nigeria cos of nonsense.
So if war start today,i will only read about your death on the news simple
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by omonnakoda: 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2021
Headachetoigboh:

Pained....Dm me so.i show u whom I am. I live in Canada with my family but the atrocities in Nigeria is unbearable.

Dm if u want to know if am saying the truth so I don't feel.any heat or lose anything.Am only a concerned human. People die daily in Nigeria cos of nonsense.
So if war start today,i will only read about your death on the news simple
I live in Buckingham Palace with Queen Elizabeth but I don't like to boast

Eh hen?
Re: Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea by DesChyko: 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
barragan:

Why don't you quote points 2 and 3 of the said article? You are being deceitful.

How does 2 and 3 counter 1 when it comes to actualization and existence of Biafra?

Does 2 allow Nigeria to infringe on the rights of Biafra to survival as stipulated by 1?

Or does the survival of Biafra affect the legitimate interests of Nigeria anymore than Russian military troops passing through the Bosporus strait in Italy while they are in disagreement?

Except there are plans to sell the brain as brand new, it is meant to be used.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Teach Tinubu Politics 101 / This Is What El=rufai Posted Via Is Twitter Page Today (photo) / Picture: Vice President Sambo, Fmr Gov Obi & Others Riding The Enugu -PH Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.