Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? (448 Views)

Enact Law That Will Force Civil Servant To Marry More Wives - Sheikh Aminu Baba / BAT Supporters Quote The Law That Makes President Portrait Mandatory In Offices / I Just Discovered That Twitter Has Stop Working, How About You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by VaselineCrew: 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
This was a good question raised on another thread and I believe it deserves its own focused attention.

Can those in support of the ban tell us exactly what law Twitter has broken in Nigeria?

If you want Twitter to register in Nigeria, then what about the 100,000 other apps on PlayStore and AppStore? After all Nigerians pay money to buy some games and other apps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2021
The unwritten laws of dictatorial tendencies.

1 Like

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by falcon01: 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
Alot, but Twitter banning in Nigeria is political
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Fahdiga1: 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
They broke the law of tyrant which is unknown

1 Like

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Rickyzagy: 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2021
They refused to take money just like Mark

1 Like

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
VaselineCrew:
This was a good question raised on another thread and I believe it deserves its own focused attention.

Can those in support of the ban tell us exactly what law Twitter has broken in Nigeria?

If you want Twitter to register in Nigeria, themselves what about the 100,000 other apps on PlayStore and AppStore? After all Nigerians pay money to buy some games and other apps

@bold, thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Mokason288(m): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2021
grin
It hasn’t broken any law yet....

In lai Mohammed voice Twitter is a very very suspect

They are suspecting Twitter wants to break a law

So FG has to ban it before it breaks the law of the Tyrant grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
Twitter broke the Nigerian President’s ego
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2021
VaselineCrew:

If you want Twitter to register in Nigeria, then what about the 100,000 other apps on PlayStore and AppStore? After all Nigerians pay money to buy some games and other apps.

I know Google play store deduct taxes while paying on certain apps
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
Twitter was used to incite violence.

They compromised the national security of Nigeria thereby endangering you and your family

3 Likes

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
VaselineCrew:

The app store is owned by Google.

So Google will have to register in Nigeria.

Guy learn to use your vaseline head to think.

1 Like

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by NaMe4: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
What I see is just a group of clowns about to shoot themselves in the foot.

This present administration with their unmatched reputation of setting rubbish precedences would allow Nigeria be used as a case study on testing and enacting certain cyber laws which in the long term would affect the Nigerian citizens so badly.

This same president mentioned earlier today that the government had no jobs for the youth, despite high rate of unemployment.

The world which is now a global village, through the cyber space has created opportunities for individuals to make a living by providing solutions to persons/coys in far away countries while earning and making a living.

For instance, freelancers. A huge percentage of these guys are from developing countries such as Nigeria, India, etc.

Imagine a law requiring any freelancer to be a registered entity in the country of any potential client before having access to the client. You can imagine the negative impact this would have on millions of youth who use this as a means of self-employment.

They think they'd force such 'cyberspace businesses' to do their own bidding without having a boomerang effect.

I just wonder what they aim to achieve.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by marveangel(m): 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
They had the audacity to delete his excellency the royal emperor, the otalkinado 1 of Africa's tweet
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by VEHINTOLAR: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Nonexistent law can't be broken ! Twitter did not break any law in Nigeria.
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by FarahAideed: 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
Buhari is just being a typical dictator and like all of them he must jam premium disgrace
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by VaselineCrew: 12:07am On Jun 12, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

Nonexistent law can't be broken ! Twitter did not break any law in Nigeria.

Exactly!

I haven't seen anybody list the specific law that Twitter broke
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by ClassicMG(m): 12:43am On Jun 12, 2021
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by VillagePipu: 8:27am On Jun 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

They compromised the national security of Nigeria thereby endangering you and your family

Bandits killed 51 Northern people in Zamfara yesterday but twitter is your problem.
I hope you finally get sense before bandits get to you too.

1 Like

Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by VillagePipu: 8:29am On Jun 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The app store is owned by Google.

So Google will have to register in Nigeria.

Guy learn to use your vaseline head to think.

So, you don't know that Google is registered in Nigeria and there's an office here? You're a dumb illiterate.
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

As a Nigerian the government seems to bring more danger than Twitter can ever dream of.
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 12, 2021
They broke the most important law: they deleted the post of the Comedian-in-Chief of the Armed Robbers (sorry, I mean Forces) of the Federal Repugnant (oh sorry, I mean Republic) of Nigeria, General Mumuhadu Buhari (tired), GCFR, CON, HIV, BPD, OCD.
Re: What Is The EXACT LAW That Twitter Broke In Nigeria? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:55am On Jun 12, 2021
Allowing a group that was classified as a terrorist group to use their platform,to encouraged the attack and killing of police.Did Twitter allow Alquaida or ISIS to have an account? By allowing IPOD to have an account, Twitter is an enemy of the state.

(1) (Reply)

Tweeter Ban,for "MY" TWEET; Railway To Niger,for "MY" Cousins / ISWAP Fighters Set Military Base On Fire In Borno / Nigeria Can Still Be Invaded By Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.