Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

There Are Igbos In Bayelsa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are Igbos In Bayelsa (3885 Views)

Buhari Silent Because Most Nigerians Killed In South Africa Are Igbos – Omokri / Tinubu: Fani-kayode Speaks On Attack Of Igbos In Lagos / APC Hate Igbos In Lagos - Jimi Agbaje Of The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Igboid: 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
blues234:

Biafra does not define Igbo. We were Igbos before we ever became Biafrans. I'm shocked to hear this coming from you brother.
Biafra was the idea of an Ijaw man, in the old Eastern Consultative Assembly. If Igbos choose to unite and leave Nigeria today, we have the sole right to pick a name that suits us, other than Biafra.
I'm an Igboman, and a Nigerian citizen, until when and if we leave Nigeria. So bro, quit this emotional write ups and be real. Our unity is more important than anything else.

And who made you Nigerian? British and Gowon! Why should you be proud of a Nigeria forced upon you by a people whose only sole aim of doing so was to exploit you and degrade your humanity?

Modern Biafra has nothing to do with Ijaws or minorities.
That's what IPOB and MNK are yet to understand.

Stop throwing the "emotional" word up and down.
I'm only being realistic.
We(Ndiigbo) are United already, you saw a proof of that in the recent sit at home order.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Igboid: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kinematics:

Albo?

I believe he wanted to write "Logbo".
Must be a typo.
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Eastlink(m): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
Igboid:

And who made you Nigerian? British and Gowon! Why should you be proud of a
Modern Biafra has nothing to do with Ijaws or minorities.
That's what IPOB and MNK are yet to understand.

Stop throwing the "emotional" word up and down.
I'm only being realistic.
We(Ndiigbo) are United already, you saw a proof of that in the recent sit at home order.

We are united, forget the sit at home scam. We've always been united but all we needed was more than that. I'm sorry bro, but everything about your mindset is painted in Biafra ideology.

One way direction to see Biafra as the beginning and end of Ndigbo. This is all you get when you forget that Igbo existence is not centered on Biafra. The Biafran war remains in our mind, but we cannot allow it to erode other historical advancement of Ndigbo. We were Igbos before Biafra and will remain Igbos even after Biafra. So while will I allow myself to be turbo charged by a one-way propaganda that doesn't allow me to see past Biafra.

That's mental imprisonment and you will never be free from it.

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Igboid: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2021
Eastlink:
We are united, forget the sit at home scam. We've always been united but all we needed was more than that. I'm sorry bro, but everything about your mindset is painted in Biafra ideology.

One way direction to see Biafra as the beginning and end of Ndigbo. This is all you get when you forget that Igbo existence is not centered on Biafra. The Biafran war remains in our mind, but we cannot allow it to erode other historical advancement of Ndigbo. We were Igbos before Biafra and will remain Igbos even after Biafra. So while will I allow myself to be turbo charged by a one-way propaganda that doesn't allow me to see past Biafra.

That's mental imprisonment and you will never be free from it.

NIGERIA is the real mental and physical prison for all those who support her miserable existence.
Biafra is an escape from the NIGERIAN prison.
If NIGERIA remained a failure under better brains like Zik, Ekwueme, Awolowo, etc.
It would remain so under current poor quality rulers.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by adonis89(m): 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
Ekpeye has nothing to do with Izon. They are Ahoada east. Ahoada west are Izon kinsmen. There is no Igbo speaking ppl in Bayelsa. Ppl in Sagbama speak Ijaw and some part Isoko which are d Ofoni ppl. Ekeremor, Southern Ijaw, Kolokuma Opokuma, they all speak Ijaw. Brass and Nembe speak light Ijaw which sounds like Okirika and Kalabari. Ogbia people speak Ogbia language with little similarities of Ijaw language. Yenagoa which are Epie ppl speak Epie language which sounds like Engenni . so no Igbo speaking ppl in Bayelsa. Though I support IPOB as an Ijaw man

3 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Eastlink(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2021
Igboid:

NIGERIA is the real mental and physical prison for all those who support her miserable existence.
Biafra is an escape from the NIGERIAN prison.
If NIGERIA remained a failure under better brains like Zik, Ekwueme, Awolowo, etc.
It would remain so under current poor quality rulers.
And what have your agitation to form a sovereign Biafra done all these while. Nothing but put Ndigbo in difficult situations. Blood, death and political alienation has been the achievements.

If you truly understand your African geographical landscape and not the faux European kind of liberation where everyone sings kumba ya ya and a referendum is allowed, you would know that Biafra will only come through war.

Besides Cameroon and the mid-west where referendum was allowed, have anywhere in Africa gotten a referendum to part ways? It has always ended in wars. And why did you think referendum was allowed? It was allowed in Mid-west and Cameroon because it posed no threat to the Berlin declaration and colonial map of Africa. Every other part of Africa that separated such as Eritrea from Ethiopia, South-Sudan from Sudan went through more than over 40 years of brutal civil war. Other unsucessful groups such as Somaliland, Puntland from old Somali are still fighting for close to 30 years now. Ojukwu's Biafra lasted 3 years because he was the wrong person to lead such mental and tactical exercise.

The only way Biafra will realistically gain independence is through a civil war. You'll never get a referendum to peacefully depart from an existing country. As a matter of fact, Nigeria restructuring or changing constitution is more feasible than Biafra.

Anybody feeding you Western fairytale of peaceful division is wasting your time and making you lose from every angle as years go by.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by sageb: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2021
Igboid:

Osinakachukwu Ideozu no try if that is the truth.
Maka why should he step down nah undecided

Yes, Ekpeye people are laid back.

I like your Ogbumadube masquerade. grin
Very interesting masquerade. I haven't seen it live though.
Next time I would visit Ekpeye I would time my visit to your masquerade season.
Which town in Ekpeye are you from?

Abua/Odual people are supposed to be Edoid speakers and independent minority group, like the Engenni and Udekeme (Degema).
All these people speak distinct Edoid languages,yet somehow, Ijaws have used the lure of crude oil politics (oil protection deals contract) that they are in charge of to attract them into joining INC and IYC, thereby swelling Ijaw numbers.

What do your Abua/Odual friends feel about their newly acquired Ijaw political tag?

this your claim is false
osinachukwu did not step down. Apc lost in. their bid to contest the election in Rivers State via Supreme Court ruling
Abua/odual.is an Ijaw LGA in Rivers state
there are two Ijaw senators from Rivers State in. the national Assembly e. g George Sekibo and Betty. Apiafi
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by sageb: 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
adonis89:
Ekpeye has nothing to do with Izon. They are Ahoada east. Ahoada west are Izon kinsmen. There is no Igbo speaking ppl in Bayelsa. Ppl in Sagbama speak Ijaw and some part Isoko which are d Ofoni ppl. Ekeremor, Southern Ijaw, Kolokuma Opokuma, they all speak Ijaw. Brass and Nembe speak light Ijaw which sounds like Okirika and Kalabari. Ogbia people speak Ogbia language with little similarities of Ijaw language. Yenagoa which are Epie ppl speak Epie language which sounds like Engenni . so no Igbo speaking ppl in Bayelsa. Though I support IPOB as an Ijaw man

it is so funny for someone to create a thread linking Bayelsa with Igbo
Delusion of grandeur

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Igboid: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2021
Eastlink:

Being pro-Biafra ended since 1970. Anyone you see in Orashi, (Ahoada and ONELGA Rivers state who is pro-Biafra is a scam planted by IPOB. Take it from me. A lot of us might be pro-Igbo, but pro-Biafra, God forbid.

You always had the option to be anything else but Biafran. For those of us in SE, we were constantly reminded that we are Biafrans by Nigerians until we Learnt to embrace ourselves for who we are, ie Biafrans.

ourselves for who we are, ie Biafrans.

Joining the South-East was our intention in the past, but you lots have proven time and again to be lacking in strategies and self destructive. During the last national conference we submitted our intentions to Ohaneze-Ndigbo asking to be merge with the South-East. Any wonder why Orashi was added with the likes of Aba, Anioma, Adada, Njaba as future Igbo states. Ever since you became self-destruct with Biafra you keep losing brothers and allies

Lol. You are barking at the wrong tree.
Ndiigbo were never military head of states post Biafra, so it's funny you were expecting us to create a state for you and add you to SE. This has always been your way. You take and take and expect to take more from SE without really adding anything to us.
By the way, I don't know what you are talking about. Your Ogba brothers have remained staunchly Igbophobic since post Biafra and I don't see how it has helped all of you.
You want to remain in Nigeria and continue doing ONE NIGERIA with your Igbophobic minority friends and the North and Yorubas? This is your idea of strategic politics? grin
Count us out. We would rather embrace our "destructive politics" as you call it. You are cowards who are yet to call out your fellow minorities that massacred you in Rivers State, but are more fixated on SE to lay all your issues on?
Jisike!

How do you expect us now to join you when you're always bringing up ideas on how to destroy yourselves? Assuming you are fighting against injustice, with the view to elevate Ndigbo from political and economic marginalization, God knows we would be at the fore front of that battle. And assuming again you use charisma just as the Yoruba's are doing to fight for an only Igbo republic, selling the merits to us, God knows we'll carry it on our head. But non of this was done. Rather you became sponsors of IPOB, daft followers of the fraudster Kanu, creating ESN/UGM up and down and inviting battle to your home. How then do you think we would join you in that madness.

Please you are not doing anyone any favors by joining or not joining. Let's get that straight.
So your brain didn't tell you that there can never be justice for Ndiigbo or indeed anyone else within the current Nigerian arrangement?
How much more blind can you be?
If you don't Know that the battle for Nigeria distintegration is a battle for justice for every single group in Nigeria, then I can't help you.

ESN was a necessity to stop what is happening in Benue. Even our sellout SE governors understand that point very much.
No one know much about UGM for now, so we both shouldn't be commenting on what we don't have clear picture of.
The real madness is belief in ONE NIGERIA, and believe me, Ndiigbo will never follow you minorities in that madness, we are too wise for that.

Everything about Ndigbo since 1999 has been self-destruct. From MASSOB, to playing politics of loss (We've never fought for our interest since 1999), not fighting for Igbo Presidency, not fighting for more states to be added to the South-East, supporting PDP with nothing to gain, and now becoming the greatest opposition to Buhari with nothing to gain still.

You are so myopic.
Your fascination with Nigerian politics is tragic to watch.
What exactly would Igbo presidency do for Ndiigbo except allow some Igbo political class and their families steal Nigerian treasury, like OBJ and GEJ did?
How exactly has NIGERIAN presidency lifted average Northern, SSner or Yoruba commoners from poverty?
People are talking about important things, you are talking about politics of a failed doomed third world shithole. And this is wisdom for you? Are you not ashamed of yourself? Ifele megbu kwagi .
Nigerian presidency does nothing for commoners from the president region, but give them bragging rights.
NIGERIA cannot help anyone except the looting political class spread across all zones.
The joke is on you.

4 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Igboid: 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
sageb:

this your claim is false
osinachukwu did not step down. Apc lost in. their bid to contest the election in Rivers State via Supreme Court ruling
Abua/odual.is an Ijaw LGA in Rivers state
there are two Ijaw senators from Rivers State in. the national Assembly e. g George Sekibo and Betty. Apiafi

Abua/Odual are never Ijaw.
These people speak an Edoid language.
They were never linguistically or ancestrally Ijaw.
I however understand they are currently politically Ijaw.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Igboid: 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Eastlink:
And what have your agitation to form a sovereign Biafra done all these while. Nothing but put Ndigbo in difficult situations. Blood, death and political alienation has been the achievements.

If you truly understand your African geographical landscape and not the faux European kind of liberation where everyone sings kumba ya ya and a referendum is allowed, you would know that Biafra will only come through war.

Besides Cameroon and the mid-west were referendum was allowed, have anywhere in Africa gotten a referendum to part ways. It has always ended in wars. And why did you think referendum was allowed, it was allowed in Mid-west and Cameroon because it posed no threat to the Berlin declaration and colonial map of Africa. Every other part of Africa that separated such as Eritrea from Ethiopia, South-Sudan from Sudan went through more than over 40 years of brutal civil war. Other unsucessful groups such as Somaliland, Puntland from old Somali are still fighting for close to 30 years now. Ojukwu's Biafra lasted 3 years because he was the wrong person to lead such mental and tactical exercise.

The only way Biafra will realistically gain independence will only happen through a civil war. You'll never get a referendum to peacefully depart from an existing country. As a matter of fact, Nigeria restructuring or changing constitution is more feasible than Biafra.

Anybody feeding you Western fairytale of peaceful division is wasting your time and making you lose from every angle as years go by.

What has NIGERIA support done for people who support NIGERIA?
Is NIGERIA no longer a failed shithole third world country?
Are up to 60% of her citizens not living in poverty?
Is the poverty not present everywhere?

Listen and listen good. There is more chance of Biafra coming to fruition than NIGERIA ever amounting to anything other than failed shithole ruled by Islamic fundamentalist with their partners in SW cheering them on and the militants in SS bribed with billions to allow the crude oil to continue flowing while the majority of their commoners don't even have clean water to drink.

I'd rather believe in Biafra coming to life than in dead and decayed NIGERIA doing anything else other than putrefy the more and stink the whole place up.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2021
Eastlink:
The SE have always led Ndigbo. Anambra and Abia precisely. Zik, Aguiyi-Ironsi, Okpara, Ojukwu, Ekwueme, Kanu. All of these men share one thing in common. Anambra and Abia. They never understood the people they claim to lead. Either they were to daft to understand that the survival of Ndigbo was sacrosanct or played into the hands of the enemies. The same thing Kanu is ignorantly doing today, is the same thing Ojukwu did in the past.

From day one till now all the actions and inactions that have led to the failure of the Igbo nation was caused by the South-East precisely those two states. And history is repeating itself again. Even the decision that lead to the creation of Biafra was headed by Ojukwu from the South-East without looking at the bigger picture. And what was the bigger picture? By single-handedly and stubbornly leading us to our slaughter and denigration.

Ojukwu helped the north to balkanize Igboland by going into battle with bare hands. Even when he had the opportunity to source weapons, his liliputian pride didn't allow him. Ojukwu gave Isaac Boro and Adekunle, the impetus to commit genocide against us in River state by leaving us undefended. The same thing he did in Anioma was the same thing he did in Rivers.
I have been trying to understand your quotes but I finally did you are making sense
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Eastlink(m): 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Igboid:

Abua/Odual are never Ijaw.
These people speak an Edoid language.
They were never linguistically or ancestrally Ijaw.
I however understand they are currently politically Ijaw.
You are right on this one. The only thing that is skewed about you is your Biafra stance. I guess nothing matters to you but Biafra. Every Igbo world view must revolve around Biafra for you. But for me, I have no share nor inheritance in anything Biafra. Biafra does not represent my interest as an Igbo. Ojukwu's Biafra failed for many reasons, and that part is still leading it's modern agitators.

Neither do I have any identity in any so-called Niger-Delta republic nor Nigeria. That's the dilemma that I've come to accept. I know there are other Igbos (both South-South and South-East) out there who faced same dilemma as I. I believe in the fullness of time when IPOB might have phased out just like MASSOB, a new group with proper plans for Ndigbo will spring up.

Sometimes to get a better version of something, the worst ones will come first.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Igboid: 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
Eastlink:
You are right on this one. The only thing that is skewed about you is your Biafra stance. I guess nothing matters to you but Biafra. Every Igbo world view must revolve around Biafra for you. But for me, I have no share nor inheritance in anything Biafra. Biafra does not represent my interest as an Igbo. Ojukwu's Biafra failed for many reasons, and that part is still leading it's modern agitators.

Neither do I have any identity in any so-called Niger-Delta republic nor Nigeria. That's the dilemma that I've come to accept. I know there are other Igbos (both South-South and South-East) out there who faced same dilemma as I. I believe in the fullness of time when IPOB might have phased out just like MASSOB, a new group with proper plans for Ndigbo will spring up.

Sometimes to get a better version of something, the worst ones will come first.

I'm totally against IPOB Multiethnic BIAFRA.
I believe in an Igbo only Biafra.

And I Know that NIGERIA has always been a failure and will always remain a failure.
NIGERIA is hopeless. So it's not an option for me or any serious person. Not even your political class believe in Nigeria that's why they all have their wards schooling and living abroad.

4 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Jake420: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2021
Shock when I entered this thread and saw ekpeye we don't get much recognition lol, was scared when I saw eze dead sha but that's of the west, I'm from the east.
As far as I'm concerned we're with Biafra for sure, my only fear for rivers not joining our brothers is the ikwerrres that would rather die than claim to be Igbo as well.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Igboid: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jake420:
Shock when I entered this thread and saw ekpeye we don't get much recognition lol, was scared when I saw eze dead sha but that's of the west, I'm from the east.
As far as I'm concerned we're with Biafra for sure, my only fear for rivers not joining our brothers is the ikwerrres that would rather die than claim to be Igbo as well.

Where in Ekpeye are you from?
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Jake420: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igboid:

Where in Ekpeye are you from?
Ahoada east, have you heard of the ihua family? Distant cousins of the ideozu and the family of the eze

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa by Igboid: 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jake420:

Ahoada east, have you heard of the ihua family? Distant cousins of the ideozu and the family of the eze

Yes! I know Igbu Ehuda very well.
Eze Ihua Maduenyi is your current king in Igbu Ehuda III.

It's a small world Sha.
I stopped keeping tabs on Ekpeye long ago.

I was under the impression Ikwerre and Ogba people had started tainting you guys with their rabid Igbophobia.

Ekpeye people and kings stood with Ndiigbo throughout the war. From beginning to the end.
Never betrayed us for once and never joined our enemies. And suffered alot in old Rivers State because of this. Rather than doing his home work well and knowing our real brothers in Rivers to empower, Zik and Ukiwe naively went and empowered the Ikwerres after all the abomination Ikwerre people like Oriji( he was with FG all through and was rabidly Igbophobic) and Bekee ( this one benefitted very well from abandoned property) did to us.
When they could have subtly worked with and enthroned Ekpeye people.

Later, someone would come and start telling me to be a Zik fan? Mtchew! Man was as blind as a bat.

I should definitely visit Ekpeye soonest on fact finding mission. You and the OP in this this thread have altered my perception of Ekpeye. I have to visit and get first hand info on Ekpeye now.
Just spend few days there and interact with natives and psych them out.
This is usually my hobby. grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Road In The EAST Where Pedestrians Prefer To Walk In The Drainage System. / Reason This Juju Things! / Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.