Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari (1252 Views)

Shelle: It’s Not Wike’s Responsibility To Tell Lagosians Who To Vote For In 2023 / Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt / #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
AFTER BUSES WERE BURNT DURING #ENDSARS, I TOLD SANWO-OLU TO TELL LAGOSIANS TO WALK — BUHARI President

Muhammadu Buhari says he told Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, to tell residents of the state to “walk” after buses were burnt during the #EndSARS protest. In October 2020, demonstrations against police brutality were hijacked, leading to razing of vehicles and buildings across the country. Several vehicles under the Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) scheme in Lagos were also burnt. Following the incident, Sanwo-Olu had paid a visit to Buhari with a photo album of the destruction recorded in the state during the protests. Speaking in an interview with the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) on Friday, Buhari said he told the Lagos governor that the federal government didn’t have the funds to replace the burnt buses. “Look at the #EndSARS incident in Lagos. The previous governor of Lagos state bought 200 buses to complement the transportation in Lagos. And he built a complex. But they went and burnt them,” Buhari said. “The present governor made an album and came to see me. I said ‘Thank you very much’. I took the album, put it in my archives and I told him to tell the Lagosians to walk, because we don’t have the money. “After an administration bought over 200 buses, for some people to come and burn it? So, let them walk.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-after-buses-were-burnt-during-endsars-i-told-sanwo-olu-to-tell-lagosians-to-walk

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
Lol
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2021
This man dey talk like pikin grin

If is not that Nigeria is a bleeped up country, he has no business with been a president.

4 Likes

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
This man dey talk like pikin grin

If is not that Nigeria is a bleeped up country, he has no business with been a president.

He is a General.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by nzeobi(m): 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
If buhari had addressed the protesters at the early stage of the ENDSARS protest, we wouldn't have witnessed all this destruction

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by FarahAideed: 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
The burning of those busses was really meaningless..I support Buhari on this abeg

4 Likes

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Bola146(f): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
Anofia! Ewu undecided
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
Borno that has been burnt and re burnt by it's people for jihad still gets billions sent for rebuilding

Yet they contribute nothing to Nigeria let alone lagos

2 billion was used to re-erect fence in maiduguri unattended university, how much is the so called buses you can't fund

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
The man is a dictator. He had neither believed in nor imbibed the tenets of democracy
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
Mikecold:

Borno that has been burnt and re burnt by it's people for jihad still gets billions sent for rebuilding

Yet they contribute nothing to Nigeria let alone lagos

2 billion was used to re-erect fence in maiduguri unattended university, how much is the so called buses you can't fund

Don't get us wrong.

The economy of borno depends solely on Boko Haram.

University itself needs funding like Terrorism.
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by ivolt: 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
nzeobi:
If buhari had addressed the protesters at the early stage of the ENDSARS protest, we wouldn't have witnessed all this destruction
It would have made no difference.
The destruction and looting took place after SARS has been disbanded.

1 Like

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
nzeobi:

He will soon address the second phase of protesters.

1 Like

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Don't get us wrong.

The economy of borno depends solely on Boko Haram.

University itself needs funding like Terrorism.
Essentially he should stop been an hypocrite

He can take rail to Niger another sovereign nation because his "cousins are there" but he can't open just the boarders of Benin Republic for yorubas to connect with their cousins

He can create a northeast development commission strictly for re building what has been burnt by Boko Haram sympathetic barren state but he can't fund an economic project that contribute to the massive funds remitted to the FG

1 Like

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by RZArecta(m): 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
grin grin lol grin slip don cut.. It's very föolish of the Lagos state government not to insure those buses comprehensively. Stúpid people

1 Like

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2021
It is well.
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Sirjamo: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
Endsars miscreants and ipob terrorists are working together.

You will never see one condemn the other, they are all PDP Dundees.

1 Like

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by hedonido: 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
Imagine the kind of primitive monkey that is the president of Nigeria.

Because it is the millions of law abiding Lagosians that burnt the BRT buses? Isn't it the duty of government to prevent criminals from vandalising public assets, and bringing such criminal elements to justice? What is the business of the average law abiding citizen with the activities of a few criminals? Why should the president transfer responsibility, culpability and burden to innocent law abiding citizens because of the actions of a few criminals who the government's security forces under his command should identity and deal with?
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by nzeobi(m): 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
ivolt:

It would have made no difference.
The destruction and looting took place after SARS has been disbanded.

We are talking of addressing the people and you are talking of disbanding SARS.

Their is no year since 2018 that SARS has not been disbanded and when the president did that casually the people didn't trust him and continued
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by ivolt: 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
nzeobi:

We are talking of addressing the people and you are talking of disbanding SARS.
We are talking of Endsars which should have been about ending SARS.

If the aim of the protesters is to be addressed, then the protest should have been named
AddressUsNow or something like that.

Their is no year since 2018 that SARS has not been disbanded and when the president did that casually the people didn't trust him and continued
SARS has never ever been disbanded.
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2021
You can't destroy what benefit you without thinking of the consequences.

1 Like

Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by PAtoGCFR2034: 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
They were burnt by touts and and members of the NURTW who knew they would benefit as commuters would be forced to use danfo buses
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
Sirjamo:
Endsars miscreants and ipob terrorists are working together.

You will never see one condemn the other, they are all PDP Dundees.

Buhari said you can walk. No lamentation.

Walk.
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Buhari said. “The present governor made an album and came to see me. I said ‘Thank you very much’. I took the album, put it in my archives and I told him to tell the Lagosians to walk, because we don’t have the money. “After an administration bought over 200 buses, for some people to come and burn it? So, let them walk.”
https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-after-buses-were-burnt-during-endsars-i-told-sanwo-olu-to-tell-lagosians-to-walk

grin grin baba, always thinking backwards

See how he's reasoning when Japan completely build a major road destryoed in a day cheesy

He just had to throw the baby away with the water grin grin

No wonder he was overthrown the last time grin grin

Buhari is just a new wine (younger) in an old bottle (his old self)undecided
Re: After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

grin grin baba, always thinking backwards

See how he's reasoning when Japan completely build a major road destryoed in a day cheesy

He just had to throw the baby away with the water grin grin

No wonder he was overthrown the last time grin grin

Buhari is just a new wine (younger) in an old bottle (his old self)undecided

He put it back in his archives and said thank you.

Then tell them lagosians to walk.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Did Not Order Anyone To Kill 10 Girls - IPOB / Though Igbo, I Don't Understand Igbo People (FULL VERSION) / Video: Courageous Youths Dare Police At Lekki Tollgate, Ask Them To Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.