Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,010 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt (52889 Views)

Shelle: It’s Not Wike’s Responsibility To Tell Lagosians Who To Vote For In 2023 / After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari / Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by dre11(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2021
Buhari: After buses were burnt during #EndSARS, I told Sanwo-Olu to tell Lagosians to walk

President Muhammadu Buhari says he told Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, to tell residents of the state to “walk” after buses were burnt during the #EndSARS protest.

In October 2020, demonstrations against police brutality were hijacked, leading to razing of vehicles and buildings across the country. Several vehicles under the Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) scheme in Lagos were also burnt.

Following the incident, Sanwo-Olu had paid a visit to Buhari with a photo album of the destruction recorded in the state during the protests.

Speaking in an interview with the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) on Friday, Buhari said he told the Lagos governor that the federal government didn’t have the funds to replace the burnt buses.

“Look at the #EndSARS incident in Lagos. The previous governor of Lagos state bought 200 buses to complement the transportation in Lagos. And he built a complex. But they went and burnt them,” Buhari said.

“The present governor made an album and came to see me. I said ‘Thank you very much’. I took the album, put it in my archives and I told him to tell the Lagosians to walk, because we don’t have the money.

“After an administration bought over 200 buses, for some people to come and burn it? So, let them walk.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-after-buses-were-burnt-during-endsars-i-told-sanwo-olu-to-tell-lagosians-to-walk

46 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by 360degreess(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2021
Good mr president.some lagosians joined hands with some bad bele people to destroy lagos during ENDSARS.Everybody should be treated in the language he or she will understand better.

169 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Flexherbal(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2021
Once most politicians get into power, they change and begin to speak languages that the people do not understand.

Government should learn how to carry the people along, to avoid protests.

We do not support the destruction of government properties.
Na all of us get dem.

Last as long as you like.
Do not allow what has a solution be a problem to you. 100% Natural Herbs for erectile/sperm issues : https://www.nairaland.com/3152927/testimonies-100-herbal-tea-cure+weak-organ&quick+release

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by CodeTemplar: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2021
Some people killed 11 corpers but didn't read on their own afterwards. Hypocrisy.

Some are burning schools and kidnapping students but aren't being asked to learn under the sun. In fact they are about to get a regional development commission for it.

249 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by inoki247: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2021
okay

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by PVision2020(m): 10:19am On Jun 12, 2021
Buhari simply doesn't care about anyone...
That's the more reason people must be careful in what they do and say, because if trouble comes Bubu will just stay aloof. For about 2 to 3 days after the Lekki incident, there was anarchy every where, I was expecting a state of emergency in Lagos and some selected states, but it was obvious the FG intentionally stayed aloof so that states that were initially sympathetic to the protesters may reap the rewards of their perceived folly. Governor's where helpless, the soldiers were just in their barracks while the police were no where to be found, Mushin was on fire while major army Barracks just a stone throw in Oshodi and Yaba were watching the state burn.

If you like come up with another violent protest...you're just doing yourself, E no move Buhari one bit. Burn all the infrastructures and kill all your people, Buhari won't blink. Trend #Buharimustgo globally OYO is your case.

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Pmpm: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2021
Imagine

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:24am On Jun 12, 2021
Lagosians after hearing the news

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Tinubuadvocate: 10:25am On Jun 12, 2021
Igbos

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by 2mercy: 10:30am On Jun 12, 2021
After he allowed it to go south by not addressing during the protest by can now grant interview when he see his government is loosing face in the international community

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by omowolewa: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2021
Well, it may sound harsh but true but he himself should be blamed as well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Commentor: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2021
2mercy:
After he allowed it to go south by not addressing during the protest by can now grant interview when he see his government is loosing face in the international community

You lot are hypocrites.

Address people so they can as always twist it out of context and use it as the pretext for anarchy.

Try again.

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Lagosfinder(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2021
Excuse me sir

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by 2mercy: 10:41am On Jun 12, 2021
Commentor:

You lot are hypocrites.

Address people so they can as always twist it out of context and use it as the pretext for anarchy.

Try again.

When you speak in clear terms..... Nobody will twist his words...

So, he telling us open grazing is what he wants, taking us back to first republic but we are still using the 1999 constitution is twisting his words.

No let me abuse you this morning

79 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Freestainworld(m): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2021
Yorubas are not Fulanis, so Buhari don't give a Bleep if you are not from his tribe, but you guys voted him out of sentiment to spite the Igbos, now the results are coming out, my candid advice, just be patient, two yrs is around the corner, if by 2023 you decides to get brain, fine, you guys decides other wise, we continue with the suffer

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by DDDEnterprises: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2021
Walk keh?? Thank God it wasn't serious to the point where we would have to do that.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by vedaxcool(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2021
[s]
Freestainworld:
Yorubas are not Fulanis, so Buhari don't give a Bleep if you are not from his tribe, but you guys voted him out of sentiment to spite the Igbos, now the results are coming out, my candid advice, just be patient, two yrs is around the corner, if by 2023 you decides to get brain, fine, you guys decides other wise, we continue with the suffer
[/s]
GEJ is dutifully serving PMB while you are here reliving his defeat everyday nothing sweeter than that.

39 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by vedaxcool(m): 11:25am On Jun 12, 2021
PVision2020:
Buhari simply doesn't care about anyone...
That's the more reason people must be careful in what they do and say, because if trouble comes Bubu will just stay aloof. For about 2 to 3 days after the Lekki incident, there was anarchy every where, I was expecting a state of emergency in Lagos and some selected states, but it was obvious the FG intentionally stayed aloof so that states that were initially sympathetic to the protesters may reap the rewards of their perceived folly. Governor's where helpless, the soldiers were just in their barracks while the police were no where to be found, Mushin was on fire while major army Barracks just a stone throw in Oshodi and Yaba were watching the state burn.

If you like come up with another violent protest...you're just doing yourself, E no move Buhari one bit. Burn all the infrastructures and kill all your people, Buhari won't blink. Trend #Buharimustgo globally OYO is your case.

The whole endsars saga proved that despite states having the legal capacity to address issues they will always act powerless and be looking.

All the panel of justice were set up by states they did not need PMB they could have easily solved the problem each time SARS exceeded their limits but no they acted like there was nothing they could do.

PMB followed their lead and let them while they hung themselves till their senses returned. We cannot continue to pretend Govs have no role to play in maintaining law and order.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Lawalemi(m): 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
Doesn't this sound wicked?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by FarahAideed: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
Burning of those beautiful Valletta busses is one of most meaningless things ever..I stand with the dullard on this

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by naijadrivablog: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
That Lagosians should trek as punishment.

News de slow to enter NL sha

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Umueme: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
Lol.

In as much as I despise Mr President, I just laughed on reading his comment.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Basitelo1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
Dis senile Idiot is truly d Devil himself.

So much wicked and Crafty minded.

And pple still supports dis Dullard.

Truly we deserve d leaders we have cry cry

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by ThatFairGuy: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
THOSE animals didn't experience the heat alone, we innocent ones suffers as well.

May God judge you all

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by ogododo: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
dre11:
Buhari: After buses were burnt during #EndSARS, I told Sanwo-Olu to tell Lagosians to walk

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-after-buses-were-burnt-during-endsars-i-told-sanwo-olu-to-tell-lagosians-to-walk

Buhari no be father.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Toluwanise247(m): 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
Do you hear mumu talk from Mr were that you called Mr president

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose On Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour's Candidacy / Zahra Buhari's “Afternoon Nigeria” Tweet: Nigerians React / Photo: Obasanjo With His First Wife Remi(Mama Iyabo) Taking Breakfast In 1979

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.