Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? (12612 Views)

I Hate Being Broke- What Skill Can I Learn Today? / What Skill I Can I Learn In 3 Months While I Wait For NYSC? / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by reiddecuti: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unbiased1:

Bro, we are both in the same boat. I'm currently learning Web Programming and I plan to start full practical on Graphics Design, UI/UX, and 3d design.
The painful part is that I don't have a computer but, I recently found a way to learn everything with my phone. I just discovered that I could run lots of these apps and programming languages on my phone.
Have you heard of ExaGear before? That is what I am currently trying to run in my phone. It allows me run PC software on my phone which means I can practice my designs with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Maya etc all on my phone by using a PC emulator. Read more about PC emulators and join me as we go against all odds to learn the skills that we love with or without a computer.

Please where do u stay?
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by SaintUlot: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2021
I have a dell 3521 i want to give out @ a subsidised rate.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by kokoboy4life(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2021
LandMann:
andyblinks05

Things are very difficult for Nigerians now so you may find it difficult getting someone to give you any laptop you believe they're not using.

If you believe in your goal and you are ready to work hard to achieve it yourself without waiting for one helper somewhere, I will suggest you use the phone you have now to start doing freelance work till you raise enough money to buy your own laptop.

Go to QA and Gotranscript. Register there and start transcribing... Look for those who have excess work on nairaland and help them do it. Before the year ends you'll make enough money to buy a good laptop to facilitate your learning and even pay for training or premium courses.

If you finish learning, go to Upwork and Fiverr and set up your account there and start making money without waiting for anyone to help you.

This route is not going to be easy... You'll suffer and become frustrated along the way. But if you persevere, you'll come out successful within one year.

If you keep hoping on Nigerians to come and help you, bro you'll be delayed from achieving your goals.

Just look for way to be earning foreign currency small small with your phone first before thinking of learning those skills.

All the best

Hello How are you doing, I want you to shed more light on how the gotranscript.com works, what is it all about and what are the services i need render for me to earn on it.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by QueTeddy: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
CeokRicchezza:
Hello guys, I have a room in Shomolu axis. I believe I learn faster and understand better when someone is showing me personally than video watching.

I want to learn how to use Adobe illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Maya etc. Not all though but I'll gladly share my space with anyone willing to teach me as we both cohabit

Note: You are not paying rent. Gracias

I could point you to complete udemy courses you need. I learnt illustrator through 3 different courses. They are step by step tutorials, all you have to sacrifice is data to get them

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by HONESTFACT101(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unbiased1:

Bro, we are both in the same boat. I'm currently learning Web Programming and I plan to start full practical on Graphics Design, UI/UX, and 3d design.
The painful part is that I don't have a computer but, I recently found a way to learn everything with my phone. I just discovered that I could run lots of these apps and programming languages on my phone.
Have you heard of ExaGear before? That is what I am currently trying to run in my phone. It allows me run PC software on my phone which means I can practice my designs with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Maya etc all on my phone by using a PC emulator. Read more about PC emulators and join me as we go against all odds to learn the skills that we love with or without a computer.
exagear is qs slow as Bleep bro......signing out✈
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Gab25: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
Become a professional graphic designer using your smartphone. No knowledge is lost, in our country where what you know is what earns you money(sabificate)not just your certificate. Make extra money today join our graphic design course
Become a professional graphic designer using your smartphone. No knowledge is lost, in our country where what you know is what earns you money(sabificate)not just your certificate. Make extra money today join our graphic design course
https://chatDOTwhatsappDOTcom/GhocnrM9acfE1avJtOje0q pls change the DOT to '.'

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by andyblinks05: 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
Cutezt:

20 what? Lmao, you are not serious about learning then. If you will be learning with full HD camera footage, the least pc is maybe 80k, if you can get a core i5 or higher with at least 8gb ram and 64bit, even at that, it will still be dragging a lot, so you will need a lot of patience to use it. We will talk about graphics card later when you are advanced.
cry cry cry
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by andyblinks05: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
MedicalSamwise:

20k or 200k?
cry cry cry
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Vivien458(f): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
infofta:
For you to be a professional video Editor you need some graphic design ideas. A video Editor works with graphic software and video editing software. You need to know how to use photoshop and basic knowledge of animation.
video editing is different from Animation. He does not need knowledge of any animation ideas
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by prinzfavian(m): 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
Good day N'landers, I'm sorry to bother you guys, but please I just need your help.

I'm in dire need of help, life has been hell for me since last year. I lost everything I had last year to an investment firm called (wales kingdom capital), over N15M which wasn't even my money but belongs to family and friends that trusted me when I went to them with the investment plan last year. I have disappointed all of them as it stands . My life has been a living hell ever since, death threats here and there. I no longer have peace of mind, I can't remember the last time I felt true happiness. Wkc ruined my life and also ruined my chances of getting help from those who can help me as most of them had investments with me.

Ever since then I have been miserable, not even a single dime was I able to recover.

I'll be 30 by August, and I have nothing. There is no menial job I haven't done just to be able to survive daily.

I served in rivers state in 2019 but due to some debt I owed a loan company- creditdirect limited, my certificate was withheld by NYSC which makes it difficult for me to get a good paying job which was why I had to resort to surviving on menial jobs for many months now ever since the incident with Wkc happened.

I'm in dire need of financial assistance please, my siblings have all had to drop out of school at the moment as I could no longer be the bread winner I once was.

Being the first born has exposed me to tremendous pressure from my family, even the little I get from the menial jobs I get goes to their feeding as both parents are very old.

Please anything you can help me with, will be greatly appreciated, I just want to keep living. I'm messed up beyond what I can explain.

Please help me in anyway you can, I will forever be indebted to you... Please. cry
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Vivien458(f): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

As a professional graphics designer with 7 years of experience, my advice to you is:

Start with one, MASTER IT before you proceed to others.

Start with Graphics, reason being "it's the first to make you money" there's high demand of graphics daily.

If you're starting with graphics: Learn illustrator first if you intend breaking into intentional freelance platforms and Add photoshop, and inDesign to it.

If you intend focusing on local market, learn Coreldraw and photoshop.

If you master the above, you can start learning motion Graphics... (using After Effects)

Get a pc with at least 6-8 GB of Ram, icore 3 and above, hdd can be from 120 GB and above.

Reasons I'm suggesting you start with Graphics:

*Video editing... you'll need a very good and expensive PC with good graphics card, RAM and Processor. (without this, Rendering will frustrate you till you give up)

*You need to be extremely good because you even consider taking jobs...

Going for the 2 at once will lead to abandoning all, because you'll never feel satisfied with yourself or progress.
best idea. I was laughing at one person saying he needs laptop of 80k to even get started. Well adobe premiere pro don't take much though, DaVinci and the rest may be a memory hunger. I learnt Photoshop, I worked mostly on head replacement, before I learnt after effects, then Blender, however, even after this year's I feel I have much to uncover.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Arizonaz: 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
LandMann:
andyblinks05

Please can you mentor me. Through this freelance? I'm a graphic designer
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Legendguy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
RuddyFusion:
Yes you can.....

You can find some good free courses on both on YouTube or buy from some fellows selling theirs on a cheap
Pls how can I get to meet those selling theirs?. I wan to learn video editing
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Legendguy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
CeokRicchezza:
Hello guys, I have a room in Shomolu axis. I believe I learn faster and understand better when someone is showing me personally than video watching.

I want to learn how to use Adobe illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Maya etc. Not all though but I'll gladly share my space with anyone willing to teach me as we both cohabit

Hello bro,
I recently bought a course on graphics design, I can give you my password to the learning portal, it's very comprehensive and easy to learn. After learning you can decide to go for internship. Not only graphics design but also digital marketing and virtual assistant. It's self explanatory, as the tutor is designing you will be following.
But since you say you don't want videos
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Digbick: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
CeokRicchezza:

please send me your whatsapp number.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by HustlePro: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
andyblinks05:
After forth and back about deciding what Skills to learn and what to do with my life, I decided to learn some skills (even though it will served as a side hustle). The skills I want to learn is video editing/ Graphics design. I choosed them based on interest.
Now my question here now is, Are the skills worth investing resources and time to learn?
Will I be able to get customer's to earn from ?
Will it be possible to learn both skills simultaneously?

And pls I do realize that some people have things that they don't use again and instead of giving them out they tend to stack it away in the store or basement. For me to achieve my aim I wish someone would help me out with his/her laptop that is no longer at use whether faulty or not, it will go a longer longer way in helping start up.

Thanks in anticipation
Andy

It is a good plan. in your graphics design journey, add UI/UX to the plan. In your video editing journey, add 3d animation to the plan and think global market, not Nigeria. You will thank me later.

Make YOUTUBE your go to source for learning anything...
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by HustlePro: 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
CeokRicchezza:

You are smart. I will do this for my website design/programming plan lol...
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Franklerry: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hello, please tell me more about the exigear, how to use it. I paid for a class on how to use adobe illustrator but my computer is not compatible. Pleased, thanks. 09028466655
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Unbiased1: 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
wasol:

God bless you beloved for the encouragement you've given to Andy, please I will love to get more details on how to start the programming with my Android phone as well.
Thanks for the information and God bless you.

You need a basic code editor available on the Play store. You may also need the Termux app to run a terminal control in your phone. I think I have to create a thread on nairaland strictly for those those who want to learn coding and graphics design on their phones.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Suspect33(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
Franklerry:
Hello, please tell me more about the exigear, how to use it. I paid for a class on how to use adobe illustrator but my computer is not compatible. Pleased, thanks. 09028466655
what's your PC's spec?
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by CeokRicchezza: 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
Legendguy:

Hello bro,
I recently bought a course on graphics design, I can give you my password to the learning portal, it's very comprehensive and easy to learn. After learning you can decide to go for internship. Not only graphics design but also digital marketing and virtual assistant. It's self explanatory, as the tutor is designing you will be following.
But since you say you don't want videos
Please give me o. My major problem now will be with the installations of those softwares. How can we relate better?
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by CeokRicchezza: 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
QueTeddy:

I could point you to complete udemy courses you need. I learnt illustrator through 3 different courses. They are step by step tutorials, all you have to sacrifice is data to get them

I will appreciate bro. Help a brother. Thank you
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by yusman14(m): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
We are in this together...also learning web development with no laptop..I pray for electricity,to get data too is not easy..been a student and learning and IT skill Is really challenging..God will help us!

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by SimplePlan34: 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
I just started learning video editing but a good pc is way above me I have an iPhone jailbreaked and I installed Luma fusion killer app for video editing. Also vectornator is very good for graphic design.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Offpoint1: 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
Vivien458:
best idea. I was laughing at one person saying he needs laptop of 80k to even get started. Well adobe premiere pro don't take much though, DaVinci and the rest may be a memory hunger. I learnt Photoshop, I worked mostly on head replacement, before I learnt after effects, then Blender, however, even after this year's I feel I have much to uncover.
80k can only afford him a fairly used laptop for graphics and not video editing.

Those advising him to use phone, probably don't know what graphics or video editing entails... They've probably never worked on 50 ft billboard or rendered an hour length video.

My earlier days I was in that shoe of wanting to learn everything, literally I was learning everything:
Visual basics
Php, mysql, html, Java script, WordPress, Joomla, wix...
Maya, blender
Photoshop, AI, AE, Indesign, coreldraw
And many more.. At the end I realised I was learning everything and good at nothing...

I was never satisfied when I looked at other professionals works... It twas until one day a foreign client I was trying to impressed by listing things I know... Told me bluntly "I'm not looking for Jack of all trades, I'm looking for a professional of ONE TRADE"

That was the day my eyes opened and I focused on graphics until I mastered before I start learning other things that are still within the field of graphics.

Today I still have knowledge of those things I listed, but I can't say I'm a professional except for graphics and motion graphics. The rest I have their knowledge and can work comfortably on those softwares, but I know my strengths and weaknesses.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Offpoint1: 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
Legendguy:

Pls how can I get to meet those selling theirs?. I wan to learn video editing
If you want to get them on affordable price, drop me your contact or send me a WhatsApp message from the number on my signature
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by MedicalSamwise(m): 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
andyblinks05:
cry cry cry

Sorry bro but if you are serious, get a laptop of around 100k for a start.
Make sure it has a good processor

I wish you well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Women Are Locked Out Of Nigeria’s Construction Industry / Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? / Celebrating High Flying Nigerian Businesswomen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.