Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game (55560 Views)

Denmark Vs Finland Game Suspended As Medics Confirm Eriksen Is Stable / Ivory Coast Vs Ethiopia AFCON Qualifier Referee Collapses During Match (Photos) / Moussa Dembele Collapses During Training (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2021
Godmademan:
Eriksen had been warming the bench at inter. What happened here is u nikely to be stress related. Let the medics do their checks
Thats not entirely true....!
That was his first season at inter milan where he played 17 times but he featured more in the 2020/2021 season where he played 26 times and scored 4 goals!
Aside the club engagements, he has featured in all of his national team games both qualifiers for the nations league and the euro qualifiers....these games are usually played mid week hence giving the players little time to recover properly!
No wonder leagues in europe esp EPL and serie A witnessed an increase in injuries this season than any other season due to the humongous fixtures both for club and country!
These pile of fixtures are just too much and not every player has the capability to withstand the strenuous circumstance!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2021
Masterito:
Lol say what you know. I can boldly tell that a player rest better than you daily. The European football understand importance of rest and they make time for it. Players are even given time off training to rest as needed. Just because a player fainted does not mean he lacks rest. Even players given two weeks to rest still voluntarily train. See, there are so many things I can't explain to you. By the way the player (Erikesen) who fainted played less matches and had enough time to rest than Chelsea and Mancity players. The Whites don't joke with rest. So stop unnecessary argument.
Haha grin grin grin

My broda don't mind this local fellows they think Europeans are like their naija where things are done haphazardly anyhow without planning, structure and organisation. Please pardon their ignorance.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2021
Onethousandgoat:

I,Onethousandgoat, am a bastard born by an olosho pig, my Generation is cursed please forgive me sir.
I will Continue insulting my lineage because i have no shame.....
Thanks for the clarification! cool
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Suremikky(m): 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
Swealy:
The way it looks it's like Eriksen is dead

Na craze dey worry u
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
Masterito:
Lol say what you know. I can boldly tell that a player rest better than you daily. The European football understand importance of rest and they make time for it. Players are even given time off training to rest as needed. Just because a player fainted does not mean he lacks rest. Even players given two weeks to rest still voluntarily train. See, there are so many things I can't explain to you. By the way the player (Erikesen) who fainted played less matches and had enough time to rest than Chelsea and Mancity players. The Whites don't joke with rest.
Which rest are you referring to?
As soon as the league was concluded, most of them instantly went to their various national team camps in preparation for the euro tournament!
There were too many mid week fixtures for both club and country commitments!
Like i told someone,not everyone has the physical ability to withstand these strenuous commitments!
Do you want it to happen to players in the chelsea and mancity players before you admit the players need adequate rest?

Really? They dont joke with rest and yet different managers are complaining that UEFA and club FA are putting up more games that are taking a toll on the players!

So stop unnecessary argument.
Guy That's you opinion which you are entitled to.....i have made mine!
Simple!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Suremikky(m): 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
This just reconfirmed that living in Africa is the biggest risk ever
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Masterito(m): 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
FA or you may complain for more rest time but that doesn't mean these players don't get good rest. Take or leave it. Players in Euros are happy playing it and they get enough rest for the next game.
openmine:

Which rest are you referring to?
As soon as the league was concluded, most of them instantly went to their various national team camps in preparation for the euro tournament!
There were too many mid week fixtures for both club and country commitments!
Like i told someone,not everyone has the physical ability to withstand these strenuous commitments!
Do you want it to happen to players in the chelsea and mancity players before you admit the players need adequate rest?

Really? They dont joke with rest and yet different managers are complaining that UEFA and club FA are putting up more games that are taking a toll on the players!

Guy That's you opinion which you are entitled to.....i have made mine!
Simple!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 10:18pm On Jun 12, 2021
Masterito:
FA or you may complain for more rest time but that doesn't mean these players don't get good rest. Take or leave it. Players in Euros are happy playing it and they get enough rest for the next game.
Happy playing or you are assuming they are happy playing?
The players dont determine if they are in the right health or physical condition to play, the medical team communicates that to the club manager...!
Top Managers from different clubs and leagues have been complaining bitterly about the health and mental stress their players are subjected to due to a stock pile of fixtures in the just concluded season!
If managers are complaining, then it implies that the players are also communicating to their managers their distaste for the humongous fixtures!
So your assumption that the players are 'happy' playing such fixtures are completely false!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Masterito(m): 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2021
Contact the players who didn't go for Euros to find out if they are happy or sad. Haaland is currently training daily because Norway didn't qualify. Players have good rest time.
openmine:

Happy playing or you are assuming they are happy playing?
The players dont determine if they are in the right health or physical condition to play, the medical team communicates that to the club manager...!
Top Managers from different clubs and leagues have been complaining bitterly about the health and mental stress their players are subjected to due to a stock pile of fixtures in the just concluded season!
If managers are complaining, then it implies that the players are also communicating to their managers their distaste for the humongous fixtures!
So your assumption that the players are 'happy' playing such fixtures are completely false!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
Masterito:
Contact the players who didn't go for Euros to find out if they are happy or sad. Haaland is currently training daily because Norway didn't qualify. Players have good rest time.
Also contact the managers if they were happy with the pile of fixtures last season!
They are the ones with better stats and information to tell if a player is having a good rest time!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Masterito(m): 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
Lol most managers like to play underdogs, some look for excuses to play down expectations. Players have good rest time. They also undo fitness test, which will give you more rest if you don't pass it. Player have good rest than most workers in Nigeria, where employers care less about your health.
openmine:

Also contact the managers if they were happy with the pile of fixtures last season!
They are the ones with better stats and information to tell if a player is having a good rest time!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 11:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
Masterito:
Lol most managers like to play underdogs, some look for excuses to play down expectations. Players have good rest time. They also undo fitness test, which will give you more rest if you don't pass it. Player have good rest than most workers in Nigeria, where employers care less about your health.
Top managers like pep and klopp have complained about congested fixtures!
Its not about assuming....Have you met the players to confirm if they have the needed rest?
There will always be fitness tests but still the players will have to play even though they are not truly fit mentally or physically!
Its the managers that communicate the players frustrations healthwise!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Masterito(m): 11:13pm On Jun 12, 2021
Lol are the coaches also not resting well? Lol Too managers including Pep like to play down expectations using fixtures congestion. Players rest well before any game. Take or leave it.
openmine:

Top managers like pep and klopp have complained about congested fixtures!
Its not about assuming....Have you met the players to confirm if they have the needed rest?
There will always be fitness tests but still the players will have to play even though they are not truly fit mentally or physically!
Its the managers that communicate the players frustrations healthwise!

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Reference(m): 11:19pm On Jun 12, 2021
Suremikky:

Na craze dey worry u

What do you call CPR for over ten minutes and two shots from the defibrillator.
The guy was a goner.
Well done to the first responders and the team medics.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Mecka: 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I wish him speedy recovery.

Some people do wonder why footballers receives huge sums of money, this are one of the reasons.

Football is a very risky sport.

From career and life threatening injuries to risk of heart attacks and collapse on the pitch.

Its hazardous.
i get you. But This players have enough time to rest during the week. Is it not just 90 mins. While others are at work they enjoy the luxury of state of the art comfort at home and some don't play at all to get paid.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 11:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
Masterito:
Lol are the coaches also not resting well? Lol Too managers including Pep like to play down expectations using fixtures congestion. Players rest well before any game.
You assumed they have the needed rest!
You still assumed the managers are playing down on it sighting Pep as if you have a room inside his mind!
Your problem is you assume without confirming!
Pep is not the only manager that complained....or are you also going to assume all the managers were also playing down expectations using fixture congestions like you are repetitively presupposing?
Your last statement is simply another repetitive presumption....simple!

Take or leave it.
So this is your half hearted attempt to force your opinion on me? grin
Smh...
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Mecka: 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
Masterito:
Lol are the coaches also not resting well? Lol Too managers including Pep like to play down expectations using fixtures congestion. Players rest well before any game. Take or leave it.
thank you. You said my mind. These players rest well enough and some dont get to play 90mins or play at all
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by NonsoNna(m): 11:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
Wishing chris a very quick recovery
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Masterito(m): 11:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
Lol, I am not forcing opinion on you but stating a fact that players get enough rest. Not even every player play 90mins. I am also trying to let you know that players who rest are rested even the physio declare them fit. Once again players have enough rest time than you commenting.
openmine:

You assumed they have the needed rest!
You still assumed the managers are playing down on it sighting Pep as if you have a room inside his mind!
Your problem is you assume without confirming!
Pep is not the only manager that complained....or are you also going to assume all the managers were also playing down expectations using fixture congestions like you are repetitively presupposing?
Your last statement is simply another repetitive presumption....simple!

So this is your half hearted attempt to force your opinion on me? grin
Smh...

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 12:02am On Jun 13, 2021
Masterito:
Lol, I am not forcing opinion on you but stating a fact that players get enough rest. Not even every player play 90mins. I am also trying to let you know that players who rest are rested even the physio declare them fit. Once again players have enough rest time than you commenting.
i also insist that managers have communicated the players distaste for the stockpiled fixtures...whether you want to believe it or not ain't my problem!
This has been confirmed by different managers around big european league clubs unlike your fruitless attempts to assume once again that 'the players are happy with the fixtures' which you hilariously label as facts with zero proof!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by lebete3000: 12:04am On Jun 13, 2021
theoneJabulani:
All attempts are being made to resuscitate him

My star AM for Dream League.

The guy dey bang me better goals...
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by lebete3000: 12:09am On Jun 13, 2021
IamCookie:
God no go make am Sam Okwaraji reloaded... Itz too early jor

Unfortunately he already stands a risk of dying soon.

So sad.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Masterito(m): 12:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Players rest well before games. Initially you made look like Erikesen fainted because of lack of right. I am telling players have enough. They substituted also when tired.
openmine:

i also insist that managers have communicated the players distaste for the stockpiled fixtures...whether you want to believe it or not ain't my problem!
This has been confirmed by different managers around big european league clubs unlike your fruitless attempts to assume once again that 'the players are happy with the fixtures' which you hilariously label as facts with zero proof!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 12:26am On Jun 13, 2021
Masterito:
Players rest well before games. Initially you made look like Erikesen fainted because of lack of right. I am telling players have enough. They substituted also when tired.
Bro i haven't shifted from that point of view and i still insist that the players including Eriksen do not have enough rest esp this concluded season!
You only reference the league forgetting that they also play cup games midweek....They also travel with their team to play in international matches like qualifiers during midweek and return to play in their respective leagues...once the league is over,they now play either more matches like friendlies or tournaments...not forgetting that they are subjected to a strenuous training regime!
See this back and forth is not helping anyone intellectually!
Lets do a simple research using the internet....Go and get your glorified FACTS that players ENJOY FIXTURE CONGESTIONS(in other words,they have enough rest) while i get proofs that players and managers have been complaining about it!
Simple!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Masterito(m): 12:31am On Jun 13, 2021
I am telling you that players including Erikesen have enough rest. I don't understand what mean by shifting goal post.
openmine:

Bro i haven't shifted from that point of view and i still insist that the players including Eriksen do not have enough rest esp this concluded season!
You only reference the league forgetting that they also play cup games midweek....They also travel with their team to play in international matches like qualifiers during midweek and return to play in their respective leagues...once the league is over,they now play either more matches like friendlies or tournaments...not forgetting that they are subjected to a strenuous training regime!
Lets do a simple research using the internet....Go and get your glorified FACTS that players ENJOY FIXTURE CONGESTIONS(in other words,they have enough rest) while i get proofs that players and managers have been complaining about it!
Simple!

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 12:36am On Jun 13, 2021
Masterito:
I am telling you that players including Erikesen have enough rest.
You are saying this because you are a football player or you live with eriksen? smiley
Oga go and get your facts from the internet and stop with this your ridiculous assumptions!

I don't understand what mean by shifting goal post.
I have remained consistent with my point of view!
I dont know what you are saying...unless you haven't been perusing!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Masterito(m): 12:36am On Jun 13, 2021
Footballer have enough rest. If you tired you get rested or sub. Players who played to much game for clubs are given some days off to recover by their national team. Also players who declare tiredness are rested. Football is not military. Players are have enough rest.
openmine:

Simple!

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Masterito(m): 12:39am On Jun 13, 2021
I am taking from a relative experience who plays in Europe top league and also what I have seen. Whites don't joke with lives. Players have enough time for rest.
openmine:

You are saying this because you are a football player or you live with eriksen? smiley
Oga go and get your facts from the internet and stop with this your ridiculous assumptions!

I have remained consistent with my point of view!
I dont know what you are saying...unless you haven't been perusing!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 12:45am On Jun 13, 2021
Masterito:
Footballer have enough rest. If you tired you get rested or sub.
You cant keep insisting on what you dont know or based on assumption!

Players who played to much game for clubs are given some days off to recover by their national team.
Did Lukaku not play almost all their league games in serie A? was he given a rest in the friendlies or in the tournament?
Did Jorgeinho not play almost all the chelsea games including the UCL? was he rested in the friendlies or the Euro tournament where he featured for 90 minutes?

Also players who declare tiredness are rested.
Players don't say so because if it were up to them,they will play all the games! cheesy
If the player is key to the team,the manager will still manage to play him even if he is not physically or mentally fit!

Football is not military. Players are have enough rest.
No sir! They dont!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 12:49am On Jun 13, 2021
Masterito:
I am taking from a relative experience who plays in Europe top league and also what I have seen. Whites don't joke with lives. Players have enough time for rest.
Oga leave this overbeaten and stale one liner!
If they dont joke with lives,why do the authorities keep piling up fixtures which could be detrimental to the players health?
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by lebete3000: 6:20am On Jun 13, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I wish him speedy recovery.

Some people do wonder why footballers receives huge sums of money, this are one of the reasons.

Football is a very risky sport.

From career and life threatening injuries to risk of heart attacks and collapse on the pitch.

Its hazardous.

When did playing football predispose someone to a heart attack?

There must have been an underlying heart condition all this while, which just started to manifest, same way as Kanu's heart defect was picked at Inter, despite earlier winning the champion's league with Ajax.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by AududuNine11: 7:14am On Jun 13, 2021
openmine:
Na wa ohh
Too many matches for an European based player!
No rest or even a single break!
From a hectic season in their respective clubs to friendly matches and then to a tournament!

I expected UEFA and the national teams to allow these players atleast two weeks to rest!
They are not robots or guinea pigs!

I know some will say they are paid heavily for such strenuous engagement but these players are human beings and go through a lot!

Funny enough, when you rest some of these players during matches, some grumble, some pick offense with the coach, some become angry etc.

Abeg, make them come sign me. I no mind. The kind of work weh some people dey do for Naija sev worse pass wetin these players dey do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fethi Nourine: Algerian Quits Olympics Rather Than Take On Israeli In Judo Match / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Million House Robbed While On International Duty / Ahmed Musa Shares Food Items To The Needy In His Mansion In Jos (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.