Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police (50376 Views)

Oyebanji Presents Operational Vehicles, Gadgets To Ekiti Police (Photos) / Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police / Ekiti: Police Say Teargassing Of Crowd, A Mistake, Assure It Won’t Happen Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by ivolt: 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
AntiBeEmCe:
Hehe. Exactly as expected. I knew that as soon as they were handed over to the police, they will go scot-free. The so-called police will change the narrative as well as create tons of excuses for them. But if it were to be another tribe in nigeria, even if the person was caught with a dagger, they'd arrest and prosecute him for it.

How long are we going to b treated like 4th class citizens in our own country, while these foreigners are worshipped and treated like first class citizens?

Southerners should learn to deal with all terrorists caught trying to commit crimes in their communities and stop handing them over to the police. That's the only way to effectively end this menace.
Not everyone is a savage looking for who to kill.
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by ivolt: 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
kellidoo:
Workers all the way from North,for just 3 bedroom bungalow how nah....una try wella.
Because they are cheap.
I know one man whose business is bringing cheap labor from the north.
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by Kokaine(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2021
JooEeL:
UNTIL THEY STRIKE ... IDIOTS!

THE PROFILING AND STAIN ON THE FULANIS WOULD ENSURE TO STAND FOR 10, 000 YEARS.

ANY ETHNICITY FOOLISH AND IDIOTIC ENOUGH TO FORM ATTACHE SHOULD NOT COMPLAIN WHEN THE SAME PROFILING IS BRUSHED ON THEM.

HAUSAS... UNA SENSE ENH...

BUT I'M HAPPY SOME OF THEM IN KANO ARE WAKING UP.

You sound very foolish. You betray education. Anyway, education na scam for naiger sha so I would not be surprised if a person like you claims to be educated
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by HqBoss: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2021
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by Cammo: 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2021
They're terrorists and should be dealt with in the language they understand.
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by louqas: 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2021
HONESTFACT101:

-And what do they stand to gain from framing this people to be killed herdsmenundecided

VERDICT:na thunder go fire naija policeangry......signing out✈

they hate buhari, that is enough reason to them
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by BobbyZrealist(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
Sonoyom:
Terrorism in Nigeria is state sponsored

You are correct.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by BobbyZrealist(m): 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
Yomadehill:
So there are no Yoruba labourers that they have to import people from the north to execute that contract?

That is how shallow minded and negatively skewed the minds of terrorists and their sympathizers can be.
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by ThatIgedeBoy: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2021
kellidoo:
Workers all the way from North,for just 3 bedroom bungalow how nah....una try wella.
Bro wat are you saying?
The foundation for my house was dug by these hausa guys ,it was clay soil and in dry season, only them agreed to dig, these guys are everywhere in the West here doing labour.....
Where in the news did you read that they came directly from the North.
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by blasterman(m): 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2021
SATANICALLY:

https://prnigeria.com/2021/06/12/artisans-fulani-herdsmen-ekiti/

which artisans?

and which work are they going to do.

U don every see hausa artisan?
see format
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by JooEeL(m): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kokaine:

You sound very foolish. You betray education. Anyway, education na scam for naiger sha so I would not be surprised if a person like you claims to be educated

Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by xreal: 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
Yomadehill:
So there are no Yoruba labourers that they have to import people from the north to execute that contract?

Noo, don't go there.
That's the choice of the contractor.

Do you know that some contractors bring artisans from Ghana and Benin Republic?

Try hausa artisans and I promise you, you wouldn't use any yoruba again.
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by Kubernetes: 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
I most times imagine how southerner's hatred for Northerners originate. Go to any part of the north and see SW and SE Nigerians living, building and doing business happily. Infact you even see those that have stayed for decades contesting elections. The generosity of a person is sometimes very bad.
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by joefelin2345: 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I talked about ondo, oh yes!...ekiti is a diverted attention. Why do you guys always think anyone who doesn't stand with the ideals of this inept govt is in the pdp? Both your party and the pdp will he shamed in 2023. We are working hard to ensure this. You'd all be shocked
For those of you that would still remain in Nigeria or where?
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by RexTramadol1: 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2021
AntiBeEmCe:
Hehe. Exactly as expected. I knew that as soon as they were handed over to the police, they will go scot-free. The so-called police will change the narrative as well as create tons of excuses for them. But if it were to be another tribe in nigeria, even if the person was caught with a dagger, they'd arrest and prosecute him for it.

How long are we going to b treated like 4th class citizens in our own country, while these foreigners are worshipped and treated like first class citizens?

Southerners should learn to deal with all terrorists caught trying to commit crimes in their communities and stop handing them over to the police. That's the only way to effectively end this menace.

Make dem start Dey arrest people with poun poun now ba?
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by tolguy(m): 10:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
this doesn't change the narrative in ondo state today, during which a lagos bound gombe bus was intercepted by amotekun and weapons were recovered from them.

Oju l'alakan fi nsori
which narrative? tribal bigot
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by Simplythebest: 10:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
So no construction workers in Ekiti for ordinary 3 bedroom bungalow that wil lwarrant people from another region to come there and construct it. Make we no hear any attack tomorrow in Ekiti or else all the police in Ekiti will be treated in the language they understand

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by oyebode95(m): 10:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
Yomadehill:
That is a questionable action , the police would always cook up some stories to cover up for Fulanis ...
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by tolguy(m): 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
AfonjaMuslim:
I blame the people that handed them over to zoo police. So there are no Yoruba labourers that they have to import people from the north to execute that contract?
na normal thing in the north to bring in yoruba labourers, more especially the site engr or contractor na yoruba man
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by jaxxy(m): 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
AntiBeEmCe:

Anybody from the north is now a criminal to you? Hope u know there are northerners in cities doing different jobs? From security men to bike riders to shop owners?

Pls carry this ur generalized and decisive hate somewhere else.

Let the facts be used to judge the matter not sentiments. If they are confirmed criminal fine.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by Alwaysachick: 10:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
Always defending them
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by sulaak(m): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
OnionBandit:
I knew it was all lies.

If truly those pipo were sent to disrupt the protest, they would have been in town since yesterday or even days before.

The agenda has always been to make people see the north as the enemy..

This is not good for our country, aswearugad

The North are their biggest enemy.

The South must be vigilant and if it means stereotyping all Northerners as terrorist or bandit, so be it. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Let the North start protesting against violence. The South, have been doing all the work for democracy, we campaigned against IBB, Abacha, and now Buhari while the North sat on their ass

Gunmen storm villages, kill dozens in Nigeria’s Zamfara state
Assailants on motorbikes raided several villages in northern state, attacking farmers and pursuing those who attempted to flee, police and residents say.
12 Jun 2021

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/6/12/gunmen-kill-53-villagers-in-restive-northern-nigeria-state
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by IMAliyu(m): 10:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kirchoffs:
For the records they are hardly any hausa people in the north...Hausa is just a generally spoken language in the north. It's very difficult to find a full blown hausa man.
I mean there are, if your father is hausa you claim the tribe.
But there are hardly any pure blooded hausa people, as hausas have hardly any reservation in marrying other tribes and ethnicities.
And yes you are right, hausa is just the lingua-franca of the north.
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by Kokaine(m): 11:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
JooEeL:

That's not what I'm responding to. I am not even a fan of buhari. Africa as a whole disappoints me with poor leadership, especially when I compare the strides the white man is making in terms of development. I shed tears.

My grouse is with his statement on the affiliation of Hausa and Fulani. The topic is that people mistake Hausa guys for Fulani people. Its actually a cause for concern. Fulani will commit crime knowing that they have no base or community. They are nomadic. But southerners will go and kill Hausa for it. The Hausa will get angry that they are been killed for nothing, they retaliate by killing southerners and the cycle continues.

The foolish young man is insinuating that Hausa's decided to attach themselves with Fulani extract. That's a very foolish thing to say in a situation like this. So foolish that his education and even dads sperm was a waste.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by billyG(m): 11:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hausa dey do artisan work?why import Hausas from d north to build a 3 bedroom in SW,why use a Northam contractor for a SW project?
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by palsenator(m): 11:08pm On Jun 12, 2021
At the point of arrest, they didn't have all these tools.. Haba! Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by Kokaine(m): 11:10pm On Jun 12, 2021
IMAliyu:

I mean there are, if your father is hausa you claim the tribe.
But there are hardly any pure blooded hausa people, as hausas have hardly any reservation in marrying other tribes and ethnicities.
And yes you are right, hausa is just the lingua-franca of the north.
There are Hausa's in the north. They occupy the entire north west. The people you find in bauchi, jigawa, katsina, kano, and so are Hausa's. Like any other tribe, people inter marry. Just as a person from ogwashuku is partly delta and partly Igbo. The north has many tribes. Hausa is only the most popular. The people in Gombe are not Hausa neither are they Fulani. Those in yobe are mostly Fulani. It is very easy to distinguish a Fulani person even when he is black in complexion. If someone mistakes a kanuri man with Fulani, its quite understandable, but confusing Fulani and Hausa is what they don't like. An average Hausa man does not like it if you think he is Dan Fulani. The difference is clear. Even shuwa Arab look like Fulani but they are not. They speak Arabic and not Fulani. They are lighter in complexion and mostly deal with camels and not cattles
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by palsenator(m): 11:10pm On Jun 12, 2021
jaxxy:

Anybody from the north is now a criminal to you? Hope u know there are northerners in cities doing different jobs? From security men to bike riders to shop owners?

Pls carry this ur generalized and decisive hate somewhere else.

Let the facts be used to judge the matter not sentiments. If they are confirmed criminal fine.

Before you talk, go and see the video at the point of arrest and tell me if those tools were with them.

Does it make sense for someone to transport wheelbarrows from the north to west?
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by JooEeL(m): 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kokaine:

That's not what I'm responding to. I am not even a fan of buhari. Africa as a whole disappoints me with poor leadership, especially when I compare the strides the white man is making in terms of development. I shed tears.

My grouse is with his statement on the affiliation of Hausa and Fulani. The topic is that people mistake Hausa guys for Fulani people. Its actually a cause for concern. Fulani will commit crime knowing that they have no base or community. They are nomadic. But southerners will go and kill Hausa for it. The Hausa will get angry that they are been killed for nothing, they retaliate by killing southerners and the cycle continues.

The foolish young man is insinuating that Hausa's decided to attach themselves with Fulani extract. That's a very foolish thing to say in a situation like this. So foolish that his education and even dads sperm was a waste.

Hmmn alright boss I understand and agree.
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by IMAliyu(m): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kokaine:

There are Hausa's in the north. They occupy the entire north west. The people you find in bauchi, jigawa, katsina, kano, and so are Hausa's. Like any other tribe, people inter marry. Just as a person from ogwashuku is partly delta and partly Igbo. The north has many tribes. Hausa is only the most popular. The people in Gombe are not Hausa neither are they Fulani. Those in yobe are mostly Fulani. It is very easy to distinguish a Fulani person even when he is black in complexion. If someone mistakes a kanuri man with Fulani, its quite understandable, but confusing Fulani and Hausa is what they don't like. An average Hausa man does not like it if you think he is Dan Fulani. The difference is clear.
Yeah, we know our differences.
A Hausa man will never claim to be Fulani and vice versa.
Except for a small number that call themselves hausa-fulani, which I am yet to meet any.

But to an outsiders the difference may be lost, as they don't have the experience to differentiate.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by stealmatic(m): 11:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
AntiBeEmCe:

mumu u be and will always be,intact to slap u de hungry me set,flat headers like u should go for brain check,I found out that u flat heads are allergic to good things u which they are thrown to jail because they are Hausa's ignoramus how many Yoruba's or Hausa's have achieved anything tangible working in ur smelly region,rather the Hausa's gave u people shelter ....ode radarada
Re: Hausa Artisans Mistaken For Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti - Police by GoldHorse(m): 11:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
Which kain lie lie cover story be this na?

All the way from the north with wheelbarrows and plenty buckets to construct one 3 bedroom flat?! No bucket for the whole of Ekiti?

They were trying very hard to make us "see" that they are labourers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Vs Governor Ambode: Compared By APC London (Photos) / 15 General Life Lessons To Learn From Tinubu Jagaban / Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.