Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

What To Do If You Hate Your Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Do If You Hate Your Job (10852 Views)

Do You Hate Your Job? / What's That Statement You Hate The Most From Any Company Or Any Organization? / Why Go Back To The Job You Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by badbreathcure101: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2021
30 keh i did like almost 500 before getting a response. But applying isn't that hard if u know how to do it. It takes me less than 30 minutes to apply to like 400 then i wait. B4 5 days there should be a response waiting in ur email and spam folders.
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by snowland(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2021
oranget:

Quit and go back to what? Sitting at home? The solution the OP suggested is the best bet.

You can never achieve your full potential if you dont love what you do. Nothing can be more miserable than that.
Only a lazy person will quit a miserable job only to sit idly at home. Doing so is only adding to his misery.

Quit the job, put on your thinking hat, continue to equip yourself with infomation and knowledge
relevant to your career field while also not forgetting to keep applying to please that you desire to work at.
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by sun123: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2021
lanre88:
80% of Nigerians hate their present job yet to take a bold step and venture into something better is a big task for them. The fear of loosing your present job keeps haunting you get you know with your current job, you cannot have your mind of dream life with that job even in the next five to ten years.

While I was in the banking industry, same applies to me but I was focused and told my colleagues I would leave the industry even when my pay was much.

I found a gold mine in Networking that I hated all my life, atimes what might actually be our major success might be that thing we never wanted to do.

Find your passion and work towards it, to me networking forever.

A word is enough...
Please I need your guidance as I have started a course on networking. I will be eternally grateful if you can oblige my humble request.
Thanks in advanced
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by draj93(m): 10:10am On Jun 13, 2021
kennethfranc:
Quitting mine this August

Same here too.....

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by adexoramo(m): 10:21am On Jun 13, 2021
lanre88:
80% of Nigerians hate their present job yet to take a bold step and venture into something better is a big task for them. The fear of loosing your present job keeps haunting you get you know with your current job, you cannot have your mind of dream life with that job even in the next five to ten years.

While I was in the banking industry, same applies to me but I was focused and told my colleagues I would leave the industry even when my pay was much.

I found a gold mine in Networking that I hated all my life, atimes what might actually be our major success might be that thing we never wanted to do.

A word is enough...

Please can you help me break down what you mean by networking?
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Adamumd(m): 11:03am On Jun 13, 2021
Esseite:
What is "just give ten interviews" if the person had those options coming what is the person doing in a hated job..

If you hate your job, consider the opportunity cost it would have on yourself and family alongside whatever you want to get into and what edge or advantage you have at it. If the odds dont favour you.. hold your job before you fall into depression

Never go into the streets(business) without a business you have advantage at, it quickens your progress faster or else you would join the queue where majority end up frustrated due to low income due to already high taste of life.
A business u have advantage at.. I don't understand? I'm just started a business that fetch me my exact salary from the hated job but am confused whether to quit as my current business need my full attention

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by buchhogonzalez(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2021
lanre88:

A word is enough...

My brother, as I type now, I’m at a crossroad, I work in a bank as a marketer. The pressure my brother ehn, I can’t describe it. But fear of the unknown keeps holding me back. Abeg in anyway you can advise me, Biko reach out to me because I need it now more Han ever before. The job is so frustrating. Pls help help a brother on the way forward.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 13, 2021
Adamumd:

A business u have advantage at.. I don't understand? I'm just started a business that fetch me my exact salary from the hated job but am confused whether to quit as my current business need my full attention

Check the oppurtunity cost and your financials properly, what it fetches you, is it exempting capital invested and running cost, living expense etc.. if what it fetches you is savings after 100% all expenses then you are good to go as your full attention can only increase that and take you to your highest point in life as long as you love what you do which is that advantage you asked about.. most people assume all they make is their profit while not excluding capital invested and running cost.
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by baralatie(m): 11:44am On Jun 13, 2021
Have you been broke before?
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by braine(m): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
Very practical. Thanks Op!

We need more helpful tips like this.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by adaperry25: 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
My boss keeps telling us to resign if we can't cope... saying there's unemployment in Nigeria that millions of people want to occupy our position.
So we just act like we like it and collect salary

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by LightUpWithKemi: 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
lanre88:

You see a typical Nigerian, wonder who cursed us.

What happens to venturing into something else better yet pays alot?

Work smart and never hard.

Oga Lanre, be calming down na. You are right but 'igboro' is not smiling. Serious minded Nigerian youths should use their skills to make money online - upwork most especially comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by afilaka(f): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
I used to think i hate my job until i started receiving very big salary for the same job in the same company just because i went to get a professional certificate.

If u see good money,u wld love your job, the routine becomes fun sef cos itz what yoa used to,so stress level no longer there cos as i am working,i am tinkin of ways to spend and invest my salary. Not before that i would be frowning my face.
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by swazpedro(m): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
Robertkenny:
Adepetun R. Kehinde

A lot of my friends are in companies that they don't want to be in, have a routine that they hate and are frustrated almost three times a week. When I try to reason with them and tell them to quit their job and try for a better job or startup, it doesn't work, because I get the following answers
• I need to gain more experience here then I will quit
• If I leave so early it will put a bad impression on my resume
• You got lucky, doesn't mean I will
• I don't have any contacts, don't know where to start
Apparently the approach of asking them to leave never worked but there had to be another way. Because when someone gets trapped in the circle of their excuses it's difficult for them to get out unless someone else shows them a unique way, mine was this.
I told them "Don't quit your job, just give 10 interviews."
What does that mean?
Instead of telling them to quit, I told them just check out ten companies you would like to work at, mail them, tweet to them or check out their careers page and give an interview with them. That's it, no big deal, only ten interviews. And give the interviews like you have nothing to lose.
One of my friends got a double package offer in the second interview he gave, one in the first she gave. They both quit their jobs.
Just give ten interviews in the next 4-6 weeks, that's it, no big deal.

Shared from Bogger

What will you do if you hate your job?

My friend
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Chris2863(m): 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
Codedboy95:
You make it sound easy, some people apply to as much as 30 jobs before getting one interview invite.
He doesn’t know nah
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Gfskw: 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2021
Quit
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Mypeople2(m): 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
Robertkenny:
Adepetun R. Kehinde

A lot of my friends are in companies that they don't want to be in, have a routine that they hate and are frustrated almost three times a week. When I try to reason with them and tell them to quit their job and try for a better job or startup, it doesn't work, because I get the following answers
• I need to gain more experience here then I will quit
• If I leave so early it will put a bad impression on my resume
• You got lucky, doesn't mean I will
• I don't have any contacts, don't know where to start
Apparently the approach of asking them to leave never worked but there had to be another way. Because when someone gets trapped in the circle of their excuses it's difficult for them to get out unless someone else shows them a unique way, mine was this.
I told them "Don't quit your job, just give 10 interviews."
What does that mean?
Instead of telling them to quit, I told them just check out ten companies you would like to work at, mail them, tweet to them or check out their careers page and give an interview with them. That's it, no big deal, only ten interviews. And give the interviews like you have nothing to lose.
One of my friends got a double package offer in the second interview he gave, one in the first she gave. They both quit their jobs.
Just give ten interviews in the next 4-6 weeks, that's it, no big deal.

Shared from Bogger

What will you do if you hate your job?
Stories for the gods.I know several persons here
must have applied more than 400 times yet no interviews..
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by ibnusaadan03(m): 7:35am On Jan 30, 2023
Omooo...

Even though it is not easy to quit your 'hated' job and get another one, but one seriously needs to do what his mind will be at peace.

As I am talking now, I wish I could venture into something else seriously.

I am not deceived by increase in salary at all;
I am a type of person that loves flexibility and for my personal pleasure, I love travelling especially the adventurous one, but this would always be hard to achieve with my current job.

Yes, I am practising my field of study, but in a place I consider "a wrong place"

My simple advice is:
Don't kill yourself all in the name of pleasing someone.

If you strongly hate what you are doing, QUIT, otherwise, you endure and keep saving some reasonable amount of money (if possible) and venture into something else in future, no matter how little.

YOUR MENTAL HEALTH SHOULD ALWAYS BE YOUR PRIORITY.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company / Nigeria Custom Service Sent Me This / Graduate- Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.