Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

The scam of seed sowing exposed - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The scam of seed sowing exposed (1873 Views)

Bishop Abraham Chigbundu Called For Seed Sowing, Nobody Came Out (Photos) / Reno Omokri's Opinion On Christians Sowing Seeds / Lady Becomes Homeless After Sowing Her House Rent As Seed To Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by perezeghi: 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
budaatum:

I failed to see where what you posted was about giving to a pastor or a church. All I saw was about giving to the needy and the poor!

Besides, the Priest and the Levite were going to give to the church but Christ said "Go and do like the orangutan", no?

The Bible is an Encyclopedia of wisdom that takes care of past, present and future.

1Cor.9.13 - Don't you know that those who work in the Temple get their meals from the food brought to the Temple as offerings? And those who serve at the altar get a share of the sacrificial offerings.
1Cor.9.14 - In the same way, the Lord gave orders that those who preach the Good News should be supported by those who benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by budaatum: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
perezeghi:

The Bible is an Encyclopedia of wisdom that takes care of past, present and future.

1Cor.9.13 - Don't you know that those who work in the Temple get their meals from the food brought to the Temple as offerings? And those who serve at the altar get a share of the sacrificial offerings.
1Cor.9.14 - In the same way, the Lord gave orders that those who preach the Good News should be supported by those who benefit from it.
I am certain you know that God will of God's self take care of God's own. But of course if God has asked you to take care of the pastor for God who is buda to tell you otherwise?

Just note that God seems to have told a few others in this thread to take care of the poor instead. For just as Christ gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; so also has he given some for the perfecting of the saints, and some for the work of the ministry, and some for the edifying of the body of Christ which is the poor that is amongst us, all for the edifying of Christ.

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by petra1(m): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
igbowoman:

Seed sowing is a scam

2Co 9:6 — 2Co 9:7 (KJV)
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Luke 6:38
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Gal 6:6 — Gal 6:7 (KJV)
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Matthew 10:41 (KJV)
41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by perezeghi: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
budaatum:

I am certain you know that God will of God's self take care of God's own. But of course if God has asked you to take care of the pastor for God who is buda to tell you otherwise?

Just note that God seems to have told a few others in this thread to take care of the poor instead. For just as Christ gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; so also has he given some for the perfecting of the saints, and some for the work of the ministry, and some for the edifying of the body of Christ which is the poor that is amongst us, all for the edifying of Christ

Apologies please where can I find the bolded as part of your quoted/rephrased scriptural verse?
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by budaatum: 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
perezeghi:

Apologies please where can I find the bolded as part of your quoted/rephrased scriptural verse?

You are going to have to ask God who liberally gives wisdom and understanding to those who ask, or read Ephesians 4 with the aid of the Holy Spirit.
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
igbowoman:
Abraham was rich in livestock,silver and gold yet he had no pastor or anybody he gave money to periodically in the act of sowing seed.
His nephew lot was equally blessed and didn't have a pastor he doled out money to

Joseph went on to be a prime minister in a country he came into as a slave yet he had no pastor he sowed or tapped blessing from.

Who did Elijah and Elisha sow seed to?
Jeremiah and Apostle Paul sowed to who?
Nobody
Their blessings came as a result of God's goodness to all.

Seed sowing is a scam
It is not a scam. The law of sowing and reaping is valid.

Let me explain to you. The way it is explained in Bible is the way it is. What you sow, you reap.

You sow goodness, you reap goodness in multiple folds.
You sow mercy, you reap mercy in multiple folds.
When you sow your time, you reap having volunteers to help your project when you start.
When you sow your energy, you will get strong men/women to aid whatever you need to achieve with strength and force.

It is not only money we can sow.

Now, our pastors are mostly "yahoo yahoo". So, you are right about them.

You may not sow money but favor. And favor brings money. I can give you examples where Abraham practised the law. It is very valid.

It is a law when practised by anyone will work. You dont have to be born again for it to work. I am sure if you ask a Muslim, it is in their religion too. More examples:

People tell expectant mothers to adopt. There are sayings regarding this in all languages in Nigeria. Something like a child calls another or so.

Why do you think even traditionalists tell their clients to go and feed the poor? It works like charm. Nollywood can testify to this.

Let me tell you a fact. TB Joshua understood the concept more than most pastors. Another man who understood the concept is Pastor Adeboye. And one man who walked in the principle is Bishop Idahosa. OMG! As flamboyant as he was, after he died, nothing was found in his account. Lol. Idahosa gave everything to humanity.

We arent talking about charity to escape tax like "dem" Bill Gates..lol.

So, listen, this is a law which never fails. It is as sure as mornings and evenings. 100% sure.

Now the other issue is this: It holds when the land is fertile. When you sow in a bad land, you reap nothing. Those sowing into pastors who are fake even sell their destinies to the pastors. Lol. This sowing and reaping is a trap which many fake pastors have used to lock many destinies.

This is deep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by igbowoman: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2021
Any preaching that ties your blessings from God to money you place in an offering plate is fake.
God gives freely.
If you didn't sow anything to receive salvation
You don't sow anything for any blessings of God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by ThothHermes: 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
igbowoman:
Any preaching that ties your blessings from God to money you place in an offering plate is fake.
God gives freely.
If you didn't sow anything to receive salvation
You don't sow anything for any blessings of God
This is the doctrine of demons.

Proverbs 11:24

There is that scattereth and yet increaseth, there is that withholdeth more than is meet, and it tendeth to poverty.

What does it mean to scatter please

1 Like

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by budaatum: 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
ThothHermes:

There is that scattereth and yet increaseth, there is that withholdeth more than is meet, and it tendeth to poverty.

To give to the needy, and to help those poor in spirit, as opposed to putting it all in one single pastor's taking bowl.

The clue, you see, is in the scatter.

And its not about the money, but the scattering of the Wisdom in your head and the Love inside your heart.
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by ThothHermes: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2021
budaatum:

To give to the needy, and to help those poor in spirit, as opposed to putting it all in one single pastor's taking bowl.
There are scriptures about giving to the poor.

Proverbs 19:17
Psalm 41:1
You lend to the Lord and you get help in time of trouble.

The clue, you see, is in the scatter. [b]The scattering that prospers you is the one you give up.

In God's economy, the less is blessed of the better Hebrews 7:7

And its not about the money, but the scattering of the Wisdom in your head and the Love inside your heart.
It's about everything, including your substance.
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by igbowoman: 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
ThothHermes:

My posts will hurt you because truth hurts when error is ingrained.
That scripture has nothing to do with the foolishness of sowing seed to pastor for material blessings.
Don't force scripture to say what you want it to say.
I still maintain
Sowing seed to your pastor for material gains or any gains at all is a scam.
There is only one person designed to be enriched by that ignorance and its not you.
Its the thief demanding and receiving your seed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by ThothHermes: 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
igbowoman:

Don't flatter yourself. There is nothing remotely hurtful about your post. Are you the first to speak on this matter?
That scripture has nothing to do with the foolishness of sowing seed to pastor for material blessings.
Tell us what it is about then.
I still maintain
You are not making much sense.
There is only one person designed to be enriched by that ignorance and its not you.
Na wa ooo
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by ThothHermes: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
igbowoman:

Don't flatter yourself. There is nothing remotely hurtful about your post. Are you the first to speak on this matter?
I still maintain
You are not making much sense. Increase and poverty can only mean one thing.
Na wa ooo
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by budaatum: 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2021
I am going to say this again because, well, it must be said I guess.

budaatum:

Thoth is the Egyptian god of writing, magic, wisdom, and the moon.

Hermes was the ancient Greek god of trade, wealth, luck, fertility, animal husbandry, sleep, language, thieves, and travel. One of the cleverest and most mischievous of the Olympian gods, he was the patron of shepherds, invented the lyre and was, above all, the herald and messenger of Mt. Olympus so that he came to symbolise the crossing of boundaries in his role as a guide between the two realms of gods and humanity.

You need to live up to your name or consider changing it please.
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by ThothHermes: 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2021
budaatum:
I am going to say this again because, well, it must be said I guess.

Paul warned your kind.

2 Corinthians 11:3

But I fear lest by any means as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that's in Christ

The gospel is simple. You want to complicate it with something high-sounding. Na your wahala be that. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by igbowoman: 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2021
ThothHermes:
You are not making much sense.
Na wa ooo

If you read the bible without your pastor's scamming voice ringing in your ears you will understand that scripture.
When the bible says give,99% of time it is talking about the poor not your pastor.
Sowing seed to u our pastor for miracles is a scam.
It is a waste of your money
There is no scripture anyway to support that foolishness
If there is please produce it
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by budaatum: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
ThothHermes:
Paul warned your kind.

2 Corinthians 11:3

But I fear lest by any means as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that's in Christ

The gospel is simple. You want to complicate it with something high-sounding. Na your wahala be that. undecided

The Gospel is not simple! If the Gospel were simple you would not need to ask and knock and seek with all your heart and soul and mind and being in order to understand it and then be led by it to the Kingdom of God that the Gospel is leading you to!

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by ThothHermes: 9:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
igbowoman:

If you read the bible without your pastor's scamming voice ringing in your ears you will understand that scripture.
When the bible says give,99% of time it is talking about the poor not your pastor.
Sowing seed to u our pastor for miracles is a scam.
It is a waste of your money
There is no scripture anyway to support that foolishness
If there is please produce it
I don't see the part where you tell me what it means wink
What does it mean o?
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by ThothHermes: 9:11pm On Jun 15, 2021
budaatum:

The Gospel is not simple! If the Gospel were simple you would not need to ask and knock and seek with all your heart and soul and mind and being in order to understand it and then be led by it to the Kingdom of God that the Gospel is leading you to!
It's simple to me. Scripture says it's simple. If it's not to you then na you sabi.
I no get energy for plenty talk.
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by Dangerousboy(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
Generalissimo75:
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

It's very simple. This has nothing to do with giving or doing good. You don't need anyone to explain this verse to you. You reap what you sow. If you sow sparingly on a plot of land,you reap on a plot of land. You sow bountifully on 10 hectares of land,you reap bountifully on 10 hectares of land. This verse is for farmers. Don't be fooled. Your MUMU don do.
life itself is a seed. Whatever you do is a seed. Whatever you give is a seed and your going to get it back. Not just mobey
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by budaatum: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
ThothHermes:
It's simple to me. Scripture says it's simple. If it's not to you then na you sabi.
I no get energy for plenty talk.

There was once [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25%3A1-13&version=KJV]these ten virgins[/url], which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them. But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

I will let you work out for yourself which were the hard working ones and which had no energy.
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
ThothHermes:

The answer is provided you right there in the passage.. To scatter is to give away and its opposite is to withhold. undecided

But the biggest issue I have with your seek is you are looking in the Old when Jesus Christ, the New Covenant is the Law you and I, since we were not of the Old Kingdom, Cannaan and are instead called to abide by Jesus Christ, the one who is Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

And Yes, it is the same God but different Laws of different peoples in a different Kingdom. undecided
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by igbowoman: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2021
The problem is that when they hear give they immediately think" give to pastor to receive a blessing"
That is lies and deception and brainwash.
Abraham had no pastor.
The richest men in the world don't even go to church let alone sow to a pastor.
People must lose that mindset

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by ThothHermes: 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2021
igbowoman:
The problem is that when they hear give they immediately think" give to pastor to receive a blessing"
There is the giving to any spiritual authority over you. Pastor, prophet, whatever. Abraham tithed to a priest Melchizedek.
That is lies and deception and brainwash.
You are not as knowledgeable as you think you are.
Matthew 10:41
Hebrews 7:7
These verses talk about giving to higher spiritual authorities for a REWARD

Abraham had no pastor.
SMH

The richest men in the world don't even go to church let alone sow to a pastor.
People must lose that mindset
The richest men in the world obey the laws of wealth creation which are still outlined in the Bible.
These laws are not for Christians alone.

The profit of the earth is for all. Ecclesiastes 5:9
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThothHermes:
There is the giving to any spiritual authority over you. Pastor, prophet, whatever. Abraham tithed to a priest Melchizedek.
SMH
The richest men in the world obey the laws of wealth creation which are still outlined in the Bible.
1. In the Kingdom of God , there is only one Teacher, one Shepherd, one Master, one Fathed, one Head, one Leader/Authority, one Helper, one Comforter, one Counselor, one Father, over each one who belongs to Jesus Christ. God alone through Jesus Christ, and His very own Spirit, is the only authority - Spiritual and none - that should exist over you. So, your giving to Him is to be done as instructed by God and not according to the commandments of men. undecided

2. Now, in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40, God more than makes it clear to you the giving that is to Him and will earn you a place in His Kingdom of Heaven-the giving to the least ot these .I.e. those poor. undecided
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by igbowoman: 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThothHermes:

SMH

You have no choice but to repeat the scamming lines that have kept you where u are.
The pastor scamming you gets richer and you get poorer .
Sorry o
Unless yoir eyes are opened darkness is your lot
Re: The scam of seed sowing exposed by ThothHermes: 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2021
igbowoman:

You have no choice but to repeat the scamming lines that have kept you where u are.
The pastor scamming you gets richer and you get poorer .
Sorry o
Unless yoir eyes are opened darkness is your lot
Surely you know that this is not an argument. grin
I'll let you be.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between TB Joshua And Reverend King? / What Happens When We Die? Why do we die? / God Is My Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.