Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. (49641 Views)

How Can I Train My Two Month Old Puppy To Go Outside To Urinate And Deficate / The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away / My Dog Doesn't Let Me Wash All Part Of His Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. by RYEOFARMS(m): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2021
Cutezt:
So I have this 9 weeks old eskimo dog, she is lovely and a beauty to behold. I love her so much and play a lot with her, but my only problem is that she doesn't know where to urinate. She urinates on my tiles which gets me annoyed a lot of times, I have watched dog potty training videos and tried all the tips but with very little success. I have a potty for her kept in the toilet but she prefers to urinate on my room tiles.

I have tried to keep the potty where she loves to go urinate but everytime, she shuns it and still urinate on the tiles, and at one point, I beat her and put her in the bathroom so she can see that when she urinated there, I won't beat her and will reward her, but this dog held the urine for over 10 hours and immediately I opened the bathroom door, she rushed out to the room and urinated on the tiles.

I don't know what to do again, please house, help me, she seems to be confusing the room for the rest room and the rest room for the room.
If you ask me 9weeks is too early for a puppy to understand potty training,it would take a while for her to figure it out,mine took a couple of months even then mistakes still happen (probably when I'm not around and I miss the target time/routine)
Re: Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. by Godson32(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2021
Discard the fc*kin dog

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. by Frenzy01(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2021
Does he sniff before doing the thing.. Make sure your living room is well cleaned up and free of any urine smell.

Meanwhile, make una Patronize my small business pls, I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact information
Re: Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. by Franklin58(m): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
Belial06:

She is too young but still simple training will teach her how. Use Google or go on YouTube angry
watch Cesar Milan on YouTube
Re: Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. by CALCULUS16: 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
Sunnydays:

Have you been hitting the dog? If you have, you better stop it. Has it had it's rabies booster shot?
no
Re: Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. by fineberry(m): 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
Intensify your training tactics.
Re: Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. by HeavenShield: 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
Cutezt:
So I have this 9 weeks old eskimo dog, she is lovely and a beauty to behold. I love her so much and play a lot with her, but my only problem is that she doesn't know where to urinate. She urinates on my tiles which gets me annoyed a lot of times, I have watched dog potty training videos and tried all the tips but with very little success. I have a potty for her kept in the toilet but she prefers to urinate on my room tiles.

I have tried to keep the potty where she loves to go urinate but everytime, she shuns it and still urinate on the tiles, and at one point, I beat her and put her in the bathroom so she can see that when she urinated there, I won't beat her and will reward her, but this dog held the urine for over 10 hours and immediately I opened the bathroom door, she rushed out to the room and urinated on the tiles.

I don't know what to do again, please house, help me, she seems to be confusing the room for the rest room and the rest room for the room.

This one na Dog or Rabbit..
Abeg no vex o, am just asking�
Re: Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. by shyaspack: 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
This can be very annoying as a dog owner but you have to remember that puppies can't control their bladders yet.

They need training to teach them what's allowed and what isn't. But you need to be patient. Once they learn, they usually LEARN.

Can you please spare a few minutes to complete our survey on dog food?

https://forms.gle/iJZ8Dd1e4yWVQz8R8

We’d appreciate it if you could share this survey with your friends and family.

Thank you�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! About To Buy A Dog For N20k / Hanna Python, World's 1st Snake To Undergo Pioneering CAT Scan For Lungs Problem / Meet "SIMBA" My Snake Pet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.