Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals (63874 Views)

Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? / 4 Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals Faster As A Nigerian / The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by HRSweetness(f): 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
WaffenSS:
Bullshit

If this nonsense were real the author would be among the billionaires they mentioned

Success is 99% pure luck

It's amazing how you are actually able to deduce what bullshit is, going by your post lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Cutehector(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
HRSweetness:

So you're part of the female bashing NL boys right And how can you expect a senseless gal to network with sensible people like yourself? After all, likes attract.
trust me, if i bash you, you will question your existence, but then, i only bash people who need it and reason with those who are witty enough. I you will excuse me, i have some important comments to respond to.
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by BOSSFX: 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
Nice post! Kudos Op!
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by HRSweetness(f): 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
Cutehector:
trust me, if i bash you, you will question your existence, but then, i only bash people who need it and reason with those who are witty enough. I you will excuse me, i have some important comments to respond to.

LOL. Don't flatter yourself. I know why you're pained. cheesy you are the D in delusional. cheesy
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by emecheboy2(m): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
The only important point on the list is self discipline. It covers the rest points.

1 Like

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by WaffenSS(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
HRSweetness:

It's amazing how you are actually able to deduce what bullshit is, going by your post lipsrsealed

I just needed to regard you.
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Ayo2004: 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2021
And yet OP is not yet on Forbes list grin

1 Like

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Harunabisanti(m): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2021
You have no total control of your self.
All you become is a destiny from God

1 Like

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by PrincessGlow: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
You forgot yahoo
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by PrincessGlow: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
WaffenSS:
Bullshit

If this nonsense were real the author would be among the billionaires they mentioned

Success is 99% pure luck

Luck, only if you count where u were born and the kind of brain and personality you were given as parts of.luck

2 Likes

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Emissary1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
Very educative...
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by WaffenSS(m): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
PrincessGlow:

Luck, only if you count where u were born and the kind of brain and personality you were given as parts of.luck

Brain's got nothing to do with it, as some of the smartest people are not among the richest.

Personality is too abstract, some of the richest men have shitty personality (eg Steve Jobs and Jeff Bezos) while some are cool (Gates, Buffet).

You can't pin success down to any known factor beyond luck. If there was a formula to success you think billionaires and millionaires would be exclusive?

Bill Hwang lost about 10 trillion naira in 48 hours. Was he dumb, or unlucky? If he's dumb then how come he became a billionaire? If he's smart how come he lost it all in less than 10 days?

4 Likes

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Gjmff: 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
Really
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Adakintroy: 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
Go work..when you tired of working work some more. The rest knowledge go come.
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by RichAbujaGuy: 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
Supplement to op.

"A plane can’t land until the coast is clear.

Some of our blessings are stuck in the air because we are allowing certain people or things to occupy that space.

Clear off your landing strip so those blessings can be delivered!"

3 Likes

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Babyboyforeal(m): 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
WaffenSS:

Brain's got nothing to do with it, as some of the smartest people are not among the richest.

Personality is too abstract, some of the richest men have shitty personality (eg Steve Jobs and Jeff Bezos) while some are cool (Gates, Buffet).

You can't pin success down to any known factor beyond luck. If there was a formula to success you think billionaires and millionaires would be exclusive?

Bill Hwang lost about 10 trillion naira in 48 hours. Was he dumb, or unlucky? If he's dumb then how come he became a billionaire? If he's smart how come he lost it all in less than 10 days?
u called it luck while i will call it grace
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by 77star: 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
Danny50:
Educative but have this in mind we all have different ways in making it.
True
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by 77star: 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
Babyboyforeal:
U are both saying the same thing in different language

7 + 3 = 10
2 × 5 = 10

Why stressing una selves?
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by McBaron2(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
The points are on board but God determines everyone's destiny.

In Nigeria anything can happen. Even the lest hard working person with connection can become rich overnight
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by madridsta007(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2021
lite16nl:

https:///blog/how-successful-people-achieve-their-goals/2862

7. Ruthless efficiency in execution and completion of tasks. If they have to cut off social media, cut of certain people, cut of social activities, stay up all night, meet people/collaborators who can support, etc, they will do it. They are not emotional about things that wouldnt add value. There is a certain ruthless streak in highly successful people.
Most people dont know this and when you tell them, they say "it is harsh, no na..."

8. Consistency. Excellence isnt what you do once, but maintaining a high standard and performance repeatedly. This is what highly successful people do. It takes ruthlessness, it takes sacrifice, it takes being tunnel-visioned.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Nature8(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by lindaijeka: 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2021
cool
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by PrincessGlow: 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
WaffenSS:

I don't know how you don't find this rather obvious: if you are born lazy and dumb in a slum in a a poor country (non of which is your fault) no amount of luck will make you rich.

1 Like

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by lindaijeka: 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
Consistency is key also
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Hahjascho(m): 9:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
These are not too hard to comprehend.
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Kaybae(f): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
Please I need clue on how to write story or new on the platform, someone should please help.
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by ultimateprof: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
Buhari didn't do all these, yet he became successful, why?

1 Like

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by WaffenSS(m): 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
PrincessGlow:

I don't know how you don't find this rather obvious: if you are born lazy and dumb in a slum in a a poor country (non of which is your fault) no amount of luck will make you rich.

Many lazy, poor, dumb people born in slums have won multimillion dollar lotteries.

And lotteries are pure luck.
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by WaffenSS(m): 9:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
Babyboyforeal:

Grace assumes a mythical benefactor.

Luck is chance without cosmic stimulus.

1 Like

Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Tundex911: 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
And you sure say all this dey work under bubu administration

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals by Frenzy01(m): 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
Nice piece up there.

Meanwhile, I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact information and slide into my DM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Obinna Ukwuani Returns To Nigeria After Turning Down Job Offer In USA / The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) / Nigerian Man Become A US Soldier As He Completes His Training (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.