Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir (1122 Views)

Bandits Demand N10m To Release Corpse Of Man They Killed After Collecting Ransom / Imo Police Release Oil Worker Who Was Wrongly Arrested And Paraded / Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by dignity33: 9:29am On Jun 14, 2021
How Police Locked Me In Underground Cell, Demanded N10million – Oil Worker Labelled As IPOB, ESN Fighter

Casmir Ibegbulem, an oil worker who was arrested and detained by the Imo State Police Command, after a raid for unknown gunmen, has narrated his ordeal in detention, saying the police locked him up in an underground cell and demanded N10 million as his bail.

Ibegbulem, who was labelled and paraded as an Eastern Security Network (ESN) gunman and member of the Indigenous People of Biafra, did audio after his release, narrating how the army waylaid him, transferred him to the police who then brought all of them to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, where they were locked up in an underground cell.

SaharaReporters on June 3 reported that the 40-year-old oil worker and father of one, who was wrongly raided and paraded as one of the unknown gunmen, had been released after this newspaper reported about him and others.

Ibegbulem is a “Permit Holder” staff of an oil company at Bonny Island in Bayelsa State and a native of Ogwa Community in Mbaitoli, Imo State.

He had returned to Imo State for the burial of his in-law, which was to take place on May 28 but was arrested in Owerri on May 25 when he came to pick up some personal items needed for the burial.

Police patrol personnel had pounced on him at gunpoint and arrested him.

“He was paraded same evening alongside four others. Ibegbulem is married to Onyekachi who is seven months pregnant,” SaharaReporters had exposed in its report.

In the audio he did after his release, Ibegbulem narrated his sordid ordeal in the hands of the police.

He said, “With little or no investigation when they raided us, they tied me and others and drove straight to the State Criminal Investigation Department at Owerri. We were beaten and molested, with our phones off and no sort of communication to any loved ones.

“Two days later, we were asked to enter a vehicle, and it was after we crossed Onitsha, that they told us we were being transferred to Abuja. Immediately we landed in Abuja, we were sent to an underground prison.

“While there, I was scared and hopeless, hoping that a miracle would happen. Later the Investigating Police Officer (IPO) in charge of my file, summoned me and told me my case was a serious IPOB case, more like a kidnapping case. He asked me if my people could afford to pay N10 million as bail. I insisted I would not pay.

“I was bargaining for N800,000. On the second afternoon, I was fortunate to come across my uncle – a military officer who came around to the police headquarters in Abuja. He was shocked because he wasn't expecting anybody, due to the lapse in communication.

“That was how they worked out my bail. On the next day, I wrote a statement for the first time and I was granted bail.”

A report by the International Society for Civil Liberties and Rule of Law, a civil society and research group, had detailed how the police and the army raided South-East residents and labelled them as IPOB (Indigenous People of Biafra) and ESN members.

“In all these, we have received over 100 phone calls and messages from members of the public testifying in favour of the abducted and slain citizens named above. Intersociety hereby calls on the Nigeria Police Force and Nigerian Army to immediately and unconditionally release all the citizens arrested illegally.

“We urge them to desist from the perpetration of frame-ups and trumped-up allegations or charges, abductions and disappearances, extrajudicial killings and other forms of genocidal operations going on in the South-East,” Intersociety had said.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/14/how-police-locked-me-underground-cell-demanded-n10million-–-oil-worker-labelled-ipob-esn

Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by Pmpm: 9:31am On Jun 14, 2021
sad
Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by clarocuzioo(m): 9:32am On Jun 14, 2021
This is how the incompetent Nigerian army and police keep arresting g innocent people and branding them criminals without any iota of intelligence and investigation. This guy is simply lucky to have come out of this ordeal alive. Who knows how many more that have been arrested and taken to Abuja.

They will never go after fulani herdsmen that rape and kill people in their ancestral home, but will quickly rise to protect the fulani when the people rise to defend the criminal herdsmen.

Tomorrow you want people to believe in the one useless Nigeria.

One.Nigeria my smelly ass.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by MansoryMX(m): 9:35am On Jun 14, 2021
What a country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by Asgard73: 9:39am On Jun 14, 2021
I remembered how cilimarin made front page with those pictures and those Yoruba people abusing and cursing igbos

So many innocent ones didn’t make it..

Nigeria and lies ... propagating propaganda on its citizens to score cheap point against a non violence movement ...

What has international community done to IPOB or Kanu with all this Ngene and Yoruba people propaganda

Nothing.

Bros thank God you made ..

APC Government is a huge joke and embarrassment to every human bearing nigeria identity

Travel and see how foreigners view this country and their opinion

Walahi you will pity Nigerians

1 Like

Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by mrvitalis(m): 9:43am On Jun 14, 2021
And some hypocritical elements would get angry even igbos support UGM they don't even know over police

This is a regular occurrence and yet u want igbos to believe in Nigeria ...

Can this happen to a northerner ?

2023 if ipob and kanu do not find a way to get people sympathetic to the igbo cause into elective position then they would lose my support

1 Like

Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by immortal2: 9:56am On Jun 14, 2021
The Fulani army should intensify their effort till it degenerates to CAR situation. Already, we have support from strategic allies in the MB. We hope that the SW will be reasonable this time. We are all fighting a common threat to our way of life. Already, there is clear evidence of infiltration of foreign Fulanis in the SW. The SW media and SM youths should not provide moral support for the Fulani/FG. Remember the MB with all the support to the Caliphate, they still call them Fulani slaves. Its an insult!
Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by DaniDani(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hopeless and miserable idiots and bmc animals will still come here to jubilate over this sheer wickedness and heartlessness! All you BMCs and haters of Igbo, your turn will definitely come. Upon all the atrocities committed by fulani herdsmen, bandits and boko haran, no house of northerners have been burnt, no one has been arrested and detained illegally, but here in the East, everybody is now ugm, ipob and should be arrested and detained underground over what they no nothing about. You all should keep supporting evil, one day it will be your turn.
Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by Charmingrascal(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2021
Many people have been killed or locked up in dungeon by the Nigeria Police for false accusations.

You arrested someone illegally, tagged him IPOB/unknown gunmen, harass and beat them still demanding for 10 Million as bail fee.

Why won't someone who went through this sh*t make up his mind to join unknown gunmen and kill those criminals in black.

I remember when Police arrested just in front my house, they took me to their headquarters and said they arrested me where we were taking illicit drugs, something I have never tasted in my life as at then.
My hatred for Police grew that day and if I had a gun then I would have killed one or two Police Officers because of the hatred I had for them for accusing me forcefully.
Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by Polynek(m): 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
Na there way nal,
Re: How Police Lock Me In Underground Cell, Demand N10m Oil Worker Arrested.casmir by chidyke77(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
Terrible

(1) (Reply)

Warning ⚠️ To All Lagosians / Arms Hidden In Bag Of Beans Intercepted By Nigerian Police (pic/vid) / Ladies Punished For Taking Ice, (mpuro Miri)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.