Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought (87121 Views)

Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) / London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source / China Erects Brand New Statue to Honour Trump's Incredible Year As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by ogbiwa: 6:38am On Jun 15, 2021
Local villagers in Yothaka, in Thailand’s Chachoengsao province, ended a period of drought by building a giant penis sculpture.

The super-sized phallus, or "Palad Khik" in Thai, was erected on Jun 9 in response to farmers' concerns that there hadn’t been enough rain recently and that water from irrigation canals was too salty and had been damaging crops.

This week local village headman, Chamnan Kenthongdaeng, 52, told a press conference that on June 11, just two days after the giant penis was installed it had started raining, with a shower that lasted some half an hour.

Koson Samang, the headman of a nearby village, had made a video of the rain to confirm the phenomenon.

However, local farmers complained that the brief shower hadn’t been long enough to irrigate their fields. Chamnan 52, promised that prayers to the phallus will continue,

He told Pattaya News that erecting a Palad Khik, representing fertility and new growth, was a local tradition going back decades, to the time of his grandparents.

Chamnan said that the giant penis wouldn’t cause any problems with traffic, explaining that it was built on a cul-de-sac.

"It will be removed as soon as the seasonal rain comes," he promised.

Meanwhile, local residents are being encouraged to pray to the gigantic penis and leave small offerings.

Chamnan said that he was aware that some people had been mocking the phallus online, but condemned them, saying they had "no faith" and were being disrespectful to the beliefs of the villagers that dated back almost a century.

Chachoengsao province is dominated by low plains, with massive rice farms and other water-dependent agriculture, so good rainfall is very important to local farmers.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/villagers-erect-massive-penis-statue-24319168

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by 9ton(m): 6:43am On Jun 15, 2021
when you think you have seen it all boom another one pops up from nowhere..

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Fahdiga1: 6:44am On Jun 15, 2021
Women are happy seeing this but if reverse was the case feminist will be baying for the head of the sculptor claiming he is ridiculing women

351 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by 3verblazing(m): 6:50am On Jun 15, 2021
All hail the giant phallus grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Oxb90: 6:51am On Jun 15, 2021
At my age I thought I have seen and heard it all, now I realise say na genesis I de. The other time a certain woman was seen frying penis and this beautiful morning a whole village de worship am. Wetin penis go do for this world eh, make I live am.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Shedrack777: 6:53am On Jun 15, 2021
some women now will be thinking of how to sit on that to achieve massive orgasm

192 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Asgard73: 6:58am On Jun 15, 2021
No be any shocker...

Nigeria get oduduwA Head for ile ife..
Akwa cross get one big mermaid structure if you travel by water from oron to calabar.. that mermaid structure go cut your liver if you see am..

Every aboki with him kettle.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Bluntguy: 7:03am On Jun 15, 2021
Lol. This one na rain "f*** you"

4 Likes

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 15, 2021
Lord forgive me coz i swore I've seen it all. I was wrong.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Ever8090: 7:45am On Jun 15, 2021
If you erect this type here in Nigeria,.one girl fit go sit-down on top.

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Stupidquestions: 7:46am On Jun 15, 2021
Phallus is the symbol of fertility worship in paganism. And it's most common among Eastern/Asians religious culture.
Some foolish Africans think Africans are the only one who believe in the supernatural and superstitions. This is Thailand erecting the symbol of a deity worship in 2021.
Only if Africans can calm down to understand their culture and of others across the world.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by LegendaryLover(m): 7:47am On Jun 15, 2021
I know it's an image worship to their god...

But in a comic sense, na the giant penis go piss the rain they desire? grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Guyman02: 7:50am On Jun 15, 2021
This is why we don't experience drought in Yorubaland, the Ooni wears the pennis on his head every day which is a symbol of fertility grin grin
Now you know why Yorubaland has the highest number of natural born twins and triplets in the world grin

223 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Kingluqman(m): 7:58am On Jun 15, 2021
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 15, 2021
The future is male.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Jesterinjay: 9:17am On Jun 15, 2021
Guyman02:
This is why we don't experience drought in Yorubaland, the Ooni wears the pennis on his head every day grin grin
yaramadman grin grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by MUMUMAN4LIFE: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Smellysperm your own reach this one?

1 Like

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 15, 2021
MUMUMAN4LIFE:
Smellysperm your own reach this one?
E no reach quarter abeg grin

3 Likes

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by AgentGoat: 10:07am On Jun 15, 2021
Them get good road sha.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 15, 2021
Guyman02:
This is why we don't experience drought in Yorubaland, the Ooni wears the pennis on his head every day grin grin

You're actually somewhat correct.

The crown is modelled after the "Ori Olokun". That popular sculpture at Mayfair roundabout at Ife, Osun State.

Ori Olokun is simply translated as "the head of Olokun."

Olokun being the god of the High Seas.

Unknown to many Yorubas, the penis-shaped object on the Ori Olokun is indeed what it is.

Olokun is also the god of fertility, and of health, wealth and prosperity.

The male phallus is universally, a symbol of fertility

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by fadewambe: 10:56am On Jun 15, 2021
If you have a Facebook account you can spare
Send me a message on WhatsApp
I’m buying them all now. I’m buying for 1,000 Naira each

I need the Facebook to run paid advert (it is not for fraudulent activities) and more so, you will still have full access to your account anytime you want to.

I’m buying for 1,000 Naira each

WhatsApp on >>> 08123677442

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Righteousness2(m): 11:39am On Jun 15, 2021
These guys keep attracting God's Wrath on themselves.
Despite all the Wrath from above hitting and Blasting this People, they still refuse to Hear and do away with all these Nonsense.

Humans are really Stubborn and Rebellious..

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2021
Guyman02:
This is why we don't experience drought in Yorubaland, the Ooni wears the pennis on his head every day which is a symbol of fertility grin grin
Now you know why Yorubaland has the highest number of natural born twins and triplets in the world grin

Would you make heaven like this?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by mrnelsono(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2021
I wanted to laugh but he said it shouldn't be mocked, all this fetish Asian's can't stop amusing me
Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Onyenna(m): 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ike gwuru....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by telkevog(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2021
Trust some ladies! For night they go sneak come climb up force am into their pussy. So long as say na big sized dick. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by meobizy(f): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
Title says “massive.” The picture shows its not up to seven feet.

1 Like

Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by Komolafe89: 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
Wonders shall never end
Re: Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought by ogbiwa: 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2021
Guyman02:
This is why we don't experience drought in Yorubaland, the Ooni wears the pennis on his head every day grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hundreds Dead As ‘lions Of Panjshir’ Hold Line Against Taliban Assault( Pix,vid) / Grace Mugabe Assaults Gabriella Engels, Model In Hotel With Her Two Sons / Hamza Bin Laden Is Dead! Son Of Osama Bin Laden Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.