Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Nigeria - The Country That Has No Citizen Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - The Country That Has No Citizen Rights (187 Views)

NIN: No Citizen's Data Breached In NIMC / Melaye To Tinubu: You Are Shaking, You Can't Rule A Country That Is Shaking / Ibe Kachikwu Now U.S. Citizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria - The Country That Has No Citizen Rights by Ladiesdoctor(m): 8:04am On Jun 15, 2021
Nigeria is the only country in the world that has no Citizens. What we have in Nigeria are Indigenes. All your privileges, Rights and Duties, as a supposed citizen, depends on your "Indigenship". Loyalty and patriotism to Nigeria because of that is zero. Everybody is a Tribal Lord. You cannot be anybody or authority if you don't subscribe to any clan, state, zone or tribe. The Army is a National Body. It has people from all works of life and Tribes as it's members. It has a Defense Academy in Kaduna. You were Born in Kaduna by Abeokuta parents or even Bolawa Parents from Potiskum. Another one might have Ijaw parents from Delta or Nkanu Parents from Enugu. All Born and bred in Kaduna.

If they want to join the Army, Nigeria, the country without citizens, will ask the candidates to go back to their state capital. The capital of their tribe and centers for national disintegration. Every form you fill in Nigeria, they will want to know your Tribe and Religion. Who Born you. Government officials represent their Tribes in Government and not Nigeria. Nobody represents Nigeria in anything. We only stand for our Tribes to whom we owe our Indigenship. Every Government Policy is Tailored at denying true Nigerians their citizenship. Every Government Policy is Tailored at promoting Indigenship as against citizenship.

That is why Nigeria today is without protection. All the Tribal Lords in Government at all levels work to protect their tribal interests. Nobody cares about our National interest. They loot and loot and loot the country dry because they have no citizen stake and patriotism. Only indigeneous sentiment is what prevails. This is because the Government of Nigeria does not care about building citizens of Nigeria. They are building Indigenes. The first time I was told that I was not an indigene and could not go to Secondary School with my mates after our Primary school was during an interview by the school Board. I didn't know until then that being an indigene of certain places and leaving those places to go and stay outside what they call catchment Area could be detrimental to your existence as a Nigerian.

Early enough in life I discovered that the Government of Nigeria does not give me many options. I must be an indigene to be somebody or something. There cannot be good Leaders in a Country governed by Foreigners. A country that have at its head Indigenes of some Tribes instead of a citizen must fail. True Nigerians are suffering. True Nigerians are relegated. True Nigerians are worthless to the Government of Nigeria. So, which one are you? Indigene or citizen? If we want to end strife, corruption, poverty, incompetence, Tribalism and other ills of Nigeria, we must build a population of Nigerian citizens. Patriotic citizens are what we need in Nigeria. People who are loyal to their country. Not Tribalists and Indigenes. So, forget your dream about good Leaders in Nigeria until a citizen of Nigeria ascends the throne.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Seeks Approval For N895bn Supplementary Budget / Ezeemo Can Transform Anambra If Given Opportunity / Delta Will Sustain Widows Welfare Scheme - Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.