Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate (24018 Views)

Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary / Femi Adesina To Soyinka: Buhari Inherited Terribly Divided Country From Jonathan / Wole Soyinka: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Aso Rock. Gambari An Abacha Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by jaxxy(m): 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
Same Buhari you preached to us to kick Jonathan for.
Well...Dull Joe & terrorist Buhari na the same thing only that Fulani herdsmen terrorists now assume Nigeria is an almajiri country,killing with reckless abandon upandan all because of Buhari.

In 2023,they will dribble Igbo,dribble Yoruba and install another Fulani cos both Igbo & Yoruba so called "leaders" never get sense AT ALL... just take a good example of Umahi & Tinubu.These two can eat Buhari's cows' shiit neatly all because of 419 2023.

Jonathan’s failure made Buhari look like a saint. Sadly he had bigger issues.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Daniety(m): 9:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
Trying to talk sense into these cow people is like
pouring water into a basket.[quote author=OdogwuBlog post=102749523]
Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/15/buharis-comments-on-open-grazing-unfortunate-soyinka/[/quote

Trying to talk sense into these cow people is like
pouring water into a basket.

this people they don't. understand common -( Don't)
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Tonytonex(m): 11:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
Up til now people have not realize that cows are more important to Buhari. For bubu, na cows first.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
festacman:
From hindsight, that stubborn stand of President Buhari as advised by AGF Malami on open grazing and his poorly advised order to use 1960 Northern law was Buhari's way of calling the bluff of Gov. Akeredolu on that stinker he wrote to Garba Shehu and by extension AGF Malami. It is a way of telling Gov. Akeredolu, "How dare you?". It is more of di*k measuring stuff than the reality.

Of course, the reality is President Buhari, Northern state governors and indeed the Fulani elite are all aware that cattle Ranching is the way forward. Governors like Ganduje has taken initiatives on this. So Southern Governors' Forum should keep the pressure on.
You're still making the same mistake southerners generally make for Buhari.
He has been talking of grazing reserve and cattle routes before all this brouhaha started. I actually watched the last interview he did with Arise before 2019 elections and he mentioned same thing.
We should stop thinking Buhari is simply following advice. No he ain't. He's the adviser of himself. He said it loudly in the interview that he instructed the agf to go dig out the grazing reserves laws.
Stop dressing Buhari in borrowed robes of a misguided president. He's his own man doing his own thing.
Y'all should learn that!!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
Tonytonex:
Up til now people have not realize that cows are more important to Buhari. For bubu, na cows first.

The Yorubas are not taking him serious. He has lost dignity and integrity. Before he became President in year 2000 he led Northern elders with trucks loaded with Bandits and miscreants to Oyo State Governor's office at Ibadan to threaten a sitting governor in his office. That was disrespectful to the Presidency of Obasanjo as at that time. President and his men will be supporting Fulanis openly. He has lost respect in Yoruba land.

He was talking about Cattle routes created by the colonial master. They should just allow us return back to the constitution given to us by the colonial master. Let us return back to Regional system of governance and federalism as handed over to us. You cannot just isolate cattle routes but let us return back.

He is a very unserious man in all his packaged interviews. He will get disappointed in Yoruba land more than anywhere else in the South. The miscreants and bandits that are scattered every would be wasted. I have never watched any of the packaged and edited interviews.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 15, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

You're still making the same mistake southerners generally make for Buhari.
He has been talking of grazing reserve and cattle routes before all this brouhaha started. I actually watched the last interview he did with Arise before 2019 elections and he mentioned same thing.
We should stop thinking Buhari is simply following advice. No he ain't. He's the adviser of himself. He said it loudly in the interview that he instructed the agf to go dig out the grazing reserves laws.
Stop dressing Buhari in borrowed robes of a misguided president. He's his own man doing his own thing.
Y'all should learn that!!

Which interview in 2019?
You are a liar. It was Professor Adesina the elder brother of Femi Adesina that first brought the issue of cattle routes created by Colonial master last year before he repeated it again few months ago. As at the time the Colonial master introduced cattle routes, that was the practice then.

You cannot just isolate cattle routes from the colonial master's legacy, let us return back to the constitution at independence. Anyway, the Yorubas are not fools. I witnessed on Sunday how some angry boys forced some Maisuya and others selling fruits to close shops on Sunday night. You are now talking of cattle routes. It would be resisted. The military would be eventually divided along ethnic lines. That would be the END.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:24am On Jun 16, 2021
babaolofin:

Which interview in 2019?
You are a liar. It was Professor Adesina the elder brother of Femi Adesina that first brought the issue of cattle routes created by Colonial master last year before he repeated it again few months ago. As at the time the Colonial master introduced cattle routes, that was the practice then.

You cannot just isolate cattle routes from the colonial master's legacy, let us return back to the constitution at independence. Anyway, the Yorubas are not fools. I witnessed on Sunday how some angry boys forced some Maisuya and others selling fruits to close shops on Sunday night. You are now talking of cattle routes. It would be resisted. The military would be eventually divided along ethnic lines. That would be the END.

Stop calling me a liar when you don't have all the facts. Buhari mentioned cattle route in his interview with Arise in 2019. Y'all weren't listening them because y'all were ready to vote for him no matter the consequences. It's now that he's changing or rather showing his true skin by going hard core ethnocentric that you're opening your eyes to who he really is.

Yes. Cattle routes were created by colonial masters. But they were not gazetted until 1964 and I hope you know Nigeria had become a full Republic then. It's the gazette Buhari has been talking about as proof the Fulani have right to graze in every state of the federation
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by IMAliyu(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2021
vedaxcool:

Stop lying, he repeated severally that the herdsmen should go back to their state of origin and buy land. Even the Govs are saying no piece of land will be given for ranching. All I say is when similar treatment is given back to you don't wail. With all the propaganda against herdsmen who will sell their land?

Do you thinking ranching is a 2 by 2 shop? You see the problem you want to discuss an issue you have no inkling about?
So what are your thoughts on the solution to this whole mess?
Should herders be allowed to continue roaming the country freely, even if the herder-farmer clashes continue?
And with the rising tension and hate towards herders, should the herders continue risking their life and cattle in the south?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by ikezudon(m): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2021
Very very unfortunate.

In other news, see the cost of building a 2 bedroom bungalow below.

https://thearchitect.com.ng/cost-2-bedroom-bungalow/
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by GreyLaw(m): 10:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
jaxxy:

Jonathan’s failure made Buhari look like a saint. Sadly he had bigger issues.

Jonathan's failures were simply amplified by a media controlled by some strong men. The man was making good progress. He was kicked out and now people who refused to read history for themselves are crying. I hope Nigerians can learn not to install id!ots as leaders.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by GreyLaw(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Stop calling me a liar when you don't have all the facts. Buhari mentioned cattle route in his interview with Arise in 2019. Y'all weren't listening them because y'all were ready to vote for him no matter the consequences. It's now that he's changing or rather showing his true skin by going hard core ethnocentric that you're opening your eyes to who he really is.

Yes. Cattle routes were created by colonial masters. But they were not gazetted until 1964 and I hope you know Nigeria had become a full Republic then. It's the gazette Buhari has been talking about as proof the Fulani have right to graze in every state of the federation

It's baffling how a human being who can read and write would open his eyes and vote Buhari in an election. No sane human being votes a coup-plotter with no evidence of proper education to become his president.

Now consider the fact that the same man has been known to be a complete tribal warlord and religious mishap!
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by jaxxy(m): 12:35am On Jun 17, 2021
GreyLaw:

Jonathan's failures were simply amplified by a media controlled by some strong men. The man was making good progress. He was kicked out and now people who refused to read history for themselves are crying. I hope Nigerians can learn not to install id!ots as leaders.

The truth is Jonathan’s issues where amplified because he was better than any of his predecessors so people imagined it can definitely get better with sm1else. I personally had my reservations about Buhari bt those older than me who seemed at the time to have so much admiration for Buhari’s no nonsense attitude and uprightness with claims of knowing him better convinced me to go along with the bandwagon against my earlier judgement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu, Dogara Absent As Buhari Celebrates Independence In Aso Rock / Fayose: I Buried My Presidential Ambition Because APC Rigged Ekiti Poll / Godsday Orubebe: PDP Is A Party Of Ungrateful, Sadistic People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.