Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe (1181 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of 'ruga'? / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: South-East Governors, Ortom, Ishaku, Reject It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by triple996(m): 1:08am On Jun 16, 2021
IN GOMBE: Wawa-Zange Grazing Reserve begins Operation soon.
Grazing Reserve Development is one of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development's many projects towards the actualization of the National Livestock Transformation Plan. Others include National Livestock Breed Improvement Program, National Pasture Development, National Dairy Development Programme, and support to private investments in Ranching.
Gombe State Governor, Alhaji Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya has been commended for working in synergy with the federal government and other relevant agencies to ensure the smooth implementation of the National Livestock Transformation Programme which seeks to boost the production of livestock and its value chain in the country.
The Emir of Dukku, His Royal Highness, Alhaji Haruna Abdulkadir Rashid II gave the commendation when the Commissioner of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry, Muhammad Magaji Gettado called on him at his palace in Dukku shortly after undertaking a tour of Wawa-Zange grazing reserve in a string of visits to inspect completed and ongoing projects at the colony to make it habitable for herders and their animals.
The monarch said his emirate council is in full support of the initiative because of the fact that if fully implemented, the programme will not only help herders from risky distant travels by foot, but will also curtail the perennial farmers/herders clashes.
He particularly praised Governor Inuwa Yahaya's passion and determination towards ensuring the revival of the Wawa-Zange grazing reserve and for his wonderful policies targeted at revamping agricultural activities and livestock production in the state.
The Commissioner of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry, Muhammad Magaji Gettado assured of the determination of the Gombe State Government to transform the Wawa Zange grazing reserve as a way of keying into the vision of the National Livestock Transformation Programme of the Federal Government.
Sites inspected by the Commissioner include the completed 20-bed capacity hospital, the ongoing construction of a veterinary clinic, and a large expanse of ware hay currently being nurtured to maturity. Other areas visited by the Commissioner and members of his entourage included the already dredged dams located at the grazing reserve settlements center and the one in Galumji recently awarded by the administration of Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya to harvest more rainwater for the benefit of the livestock.
The Commissioner who expressed satisfaction with the level of work at the grazing reserve, however, challenged the contractor handling the veterinary clinic to speed up work so that herders can begin to enjoy services to be provided there.
He said when eventually completed, the grazing reserve will house 6 hospitals, 6 veterinary clinics, a milk collection center, 16 boreholes, and a modern abattoir to add up to the existing schools for nomadic education.
"Gombe State Government will leave nothing to chance. We will employ health workers and veterinary staff to man each facility when completed and ready for use and we are going to equip these facilities with state of the art equipment".
He said Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya is committed to the successful completion of the project hence the award of contract for the dredging of two earth dams which were left unattended to since it was dug some 40 years ago.
It will be recalled that Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya had while featuring in a special NTA's current affairs programme Tuesday Live last week, said his administration is working assiduously to explore various value chain opportunities in the livestock sector through the planned dedication of about 250 hectares in the proposed Gombe industrial park for the agricultural industrial cluster.
He equally maintained that Gombe was among the first states to key into the Federal Government's Livestock Transformation Project, which identified the Wawa-Zange grazing reserve as the pilot site, saying the state is taking maximum advantage of the grazing reserve, which is a gazetted reserve with over 140, 000 hectares and carrying capacity of about 2 million heads of cattle and other small ruminants.

https://mobile./478609093092218/permalink/827755291510928/?refid=18&_ft_=qid.6974173128050439026%3Amf_story_key.827755291510928%3Atop_level_post_id.827755291510928%3Atl_objid.827755291510928%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100042163658147%3Apage_id.478609093092218%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_attachments_list.%5B521914075890710%2C521915589223892%2C521915612557223%2C521915632557221%2C521915669223884%5D%3Astory_location.6%3Astory_attachment_style.album%3Afilter.GroupStoriesByActivityEntQuery%3Atds_flgs.3%3Aott.AX_1ks94OtpAingH&__tn__=%2As-R&_rdc=1&_rdr

Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by budaatum: 1:39am On Jun 16, 2021
This is delightful news. Gombe can now ban open grazing, and should passed law fining ₦100,000 for any cattle seen being herded and outside a ranch!

Open grazing must be banned! I support ranching and wish Buhari had been supported when it was proposed.

budaatum:
I wonder what they've been waiting for. Bet they never supported the Livestock Transformation Development Plan that many derogatively called Ruga though that would have forced cattle rearing on to a ranch and out of the hands of the cattle rearing Fulanis.

budaatum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOOPUKvG208

Livestock Transformation Development Plan

The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows!

Cattle Ranch 101
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by ScamHunter: 2:35am On Jun 16, 2021
How many native communities were displaced for this Fulanixation?

3 Likes

Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by Solsix(m): 2:36am On Jun 16, 2021
Yes RUGA is good for the North, south west can join them if they like. BTW no be dog I see for the last picture??

1 Like

Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by Praxis758: 3:43am On Jun 16, 2021
Let RUGA never enter into the Southern Nigeria lexicon.

The core north can create RUGA but it remains an abomination and prohibition in the south.

Fayemi, who is a northern puppet dares not try it in Ekiti. Ekiti people are too stubborn to allow such a northern enslavement in their domain.

3 Likes

Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by Karlovych: 3:54am On Jun 16, 2021
embarassed embarassed Very good, it's miles away from the south. The rest of the herdsmen should head back home to Gombe and nearby northern states.

1 Like

Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by SILVERLINES: 4:16am On Jun 16, 2021
cheesy

Okay
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 16, 2021
They can rugalise themselves.

Keep their madness all up in d north there.
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by Standing5(m): 7:36am On Jun 16, 2021
A good place to take revenge on the blood thirsty herdsmen. Fly a drone over the Ruga and release any revenge substance of choice over them. Mumus.
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by Standing5(m): 7:38am On Jun 16, 2021
Praxis758:
Let RUGA never enter into the Southern Nigeria lexicon.

The core north can create RUGA but it remains an abomination and prohibition in the south.

Fayemi, who is a northern puppet dares not try it in Ekiti. Ekiti people are too stubborn to allow such a northern enslavement in their domain.
be using style to beg fayemi there. I laugh.
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by FarahAideed: 7:43am On Jun 16, 2021
Watch how that Area where the Ruga is located will become a hotbed of bandits in the next 24 months ...you don't invite vermin's anywhere and expect Peace...this is how Lebanon the jewel of the middle east opened it door PLO and since then the country has been in turmoil
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by mrvitalis(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2021
budaatum:
This is delightful news. Gombe can now ban open grazing, and should passed law fining ₦100,000 for any cattle seen being herded and outside a ranch!

Open grazing must be banned! I support ranching and wish Buhari had been supported when it was proposed.

No body is against it all we are saying in the south is we don't have land for it

Do it in your place we farm pigs , birds , fish etc and we don't disturb north for land

Raise your cows in the north in Fulani own land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by Grace001: 7:46am On Jun 16, 2021
Good for them, they should do their rugalization in their north

Southern Nigeria don’t have land for ruga

1 Like

Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by PrinceOfLagos: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2021
Won't be allowed in the south
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by Whois(m): 8:10am On Jun 16, 2021
E no concern me - southern Nigeria
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by budaatum: 11:21am On Jun 16, 2021
mrvitalis:

No body is against it all we are saying in the south is we don't have land for it

Do it in your place we farm pigs , birds , fish etc and we don't disturb north for land

Raise your cows in the north in Fulani own land
No thank you. I would rather raise my cattle on a ranch on my land in my Osun State. If yiu watch the video you'd see we Yorubas can raise cattle as well. And better one's than the Fulani one's too. And there's loads of money in it to boot.
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by mrvitalis(m): 11:31am On Jun 16, 2021
budaatum:

No thank you. I would rather raise my cattle on a ranch on my land in my Osun State. If yiu watch the video you'd see we Yorubas can raise cattle as well. And better one's than the Fulani one's too. And there's loads of money in it to boot.
I don't know who taught u economics but cattle business with nigerian breds are not profitable...u can't compare them to fish , piggery or even birds

It's your land do what ever u want
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by budaatum: 11:54am On Jun 16, 2021
mrvitalis:

I don't know who taught u economics but cattle business with nigerian breds are not profitable...u can't compare them to fish , piggery or even birds

It's your land do what ever u want

And who told you cattle must be bread with Fulani breeds, that you call Nigerian?

The video is in Yoruba, which might not be your language. Or you would have seen where I am told to go and get profitable cattle from.
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by mrvitalis(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2021
budaatum:

And who told you cattle must be bread with Fulani breeds, that you call Nigerian?

The video is in Yoruba, which might not be your language. Or you would have seen where I am told to go and get profitable cattle from.
t

The only cattle breed that makes sense is the ones for milk ...beef is too cheap in Nigeria to make profit
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by budaatum: 11:58am On Jun 16, 2021
mrvitalis:

The only cattle breed that makes sense is the ones for milk ...beef is too cheap in Nigeria to make profit

The Fulani crap is cheap. Quality beef is not cheap, and it is sold for a very healthy profit!
Re: RUGA Kicks Off In Gombe by mrvitalis(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2021
budaatum:

The Fulani crap is cheap. Quality beef is not cheap, and it is sold for a very healthy profit!
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Don't Believe That Cheap Scam Of Southern Unity / Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. / Yoruba Warlord, Igboho, Wept Like A Child When I Spoke With Him On Phone –Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.