Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno (35031 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Military Base In Yobe, Kills Soldier / More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base / Military Base Attacked By Boko Haram In Yobe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by iwaeda: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2021
Insurgents suspected to be members of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) overran a military formation in the southern part of Borno State on Tuesday and cart away weapons after a fierce gun battle with the troops.

It was learnt that the fighters rode on about 10 utility vehicles to storm the military formation at Kwamdi village, Damboa local government area, on Tuesday evening.

They were said to have burnt down one Ammour Personal Carrier(APC) and a gun truck.

According to a member of the Civilian Joint Task Force (JTF), Hamidu Abu, the deadly group targeted soldiers camp but not residents.

He further disclosed that the base was razed down as arms and ammunition were stolen by the invaders.

“They came at about 4 p.m. and due to the sand storms it was difficult for soldiers to repel them. They burnt down the base including APC and four other vehicles.

“I can’t ascertain if there was any causality figure,” Abu said.

A security source confirmed that the base came under attack from gunmen believed to be ISWAP fighters at about 4 pm and it lasted for about an hour and 30 minutes.

The source added that fighters seized the opportunity of the sand storm to penetrate the base.

“Our base at Kwamdi came under attack but we didn’t lose any of our personnel to the attackers, unfortunately the base suffered some damages,” the security source told Daily Trust.

There has not been any official reaction from the Nigerian military.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-iswap-fighters-set-military-base-on-fire-in-borno

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by fourboys: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2021
This is definitely not the right time to join army,, Boko Haram,Iswap and new sensation UGM after their life grin grin
One guy for my street told his boss he will be travelling to East last two months to join Army through his elder brother who was also an army officer. guess what? He ran back last week telling everybody he's not joining again cos that his elder brother(army officer) was shot dead by UGM

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by unclejb2(m): 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2021
Oh no
Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by iwaeda: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2021
Let me not cough.
Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by EdoDefence: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2021
I don't understand how a group of men in 10 utility vehicles that's about 100 men will overrun an entire military formation.

Nigerian army need better arms/training

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2021
This will be a war without end, because the western world especially Israel don’t want visitors in that region. Lots of secrets there. That is also why there is a United States military drone sited in Niger to bomb all you amebos. I’m sure the Fulanis are in cahoots with them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2021
Islamabad evangelism

We in hisbah have apprehended 3 cartons of AK 47 from Iswap Terrorists activities

148 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by Paragon311(m): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2021
Like seriously....

Aren't they readily available for such attacks

What's left for the citizens when the Army can be attacked??

5 Likes

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by anetuno(m): 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2021
And soldiers are busy killing innocent civilians in the south east! What a shameless country we live in

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by BabaOneChance: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2021
DOThern herdsmen repping as usual. NA lives matter. I pity the Southerners among them.

Salaam.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by inoki247: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2021
Dem wan du Barbecue for Borno ni
Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by godliman: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
kmcutez:
This will be a war without end, because the western world especially Israel don’t want visitors in that region. Lots of secrets there. That is also why there is a military drone sited in Niger to bomb all you amebos. I’m sure the Fulanis are in cahoots with them.
Which Israel again? Na wah for you

3 Likes

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by nlreserve: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
anetuno:
And soldiers are busy killing innocent civilians in the south east! What a shameless country we live in
Even their shameless guys are here posting about southeast while their own region is burning

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by meccuno: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
[s]
kmcutez:
This will be a war without end, because the western world especially Israel don’t want visitors in that region. Lots of secrets there. That is also why there is a military drone sited in Niger to bomb all you amebos. I’m sure the Fulanis are in cahoots with them.
[/s]
Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by Maxymilliano(m): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2021
Insurgents suspected to be members of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) overran a military formation in the southern part of Borno State on Tuesday and cart away weapons after a fierce gun battle with the troops.

ISWAP terrorists teaching Nigeria Military the language they understand

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by iwaeda: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
Lalasticlala, no comment.

2 Likes

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by tillaman(m): 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2021
Iswap

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by makemoneywbsite: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2021
Thought they are collaborating to eliminate Shekau and BH?
Did I just read no casualties?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by Grace001: 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2021
Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) overran a military formation in the southern part of Borno State on Tuesday and cart away weapons after a fierce gun battle with the troops.

As usual pump in another money gotten from southern Nigeria resources to buy more weapons. Parasitic region

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by makemoneywbsite: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2021
Thank God I didn't join the army when the opportunity came. Thank God for my mom that said no way. Maybe I would have died.

15 Likes

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2021
godliman:

Which Israel again? Na wah for you

If you know what city Borno was in ancient times and what Niger etc was in ancient times, and who the Hausas really are, you are on your way to solving the secret.

Revelation 2:9
King James Version
9 I know thy works and tribulation and poverty (but thou art rich), and I know the blasphemy of them that say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9
King James Version
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
meccuno:
[s][/s]

Revelation 2:9
King James Version
9 I know thy works and tribulation and poverty (but thou art rich), and I know the blasphemy of them that say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9
King James Version
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2021
As long as Nigeria army kills innocent people let boko kill them in revange mission

But those who don't partake in killing defenseless igbos may they live long and enjoy peace

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by tolufase: 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2021
Something isn't right about whole thing of this fight against insurgency. A battle that lasted for one half hour and no air support from the air force. Air support should have been called in to support the ground troops and neutralize these bastards.

11 Likes

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by codedguy1(m): 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2021
The sand storm only affected our soldiers abi.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by FarahAideed: 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2021
Well since Nigerias only military tactics against the Islamic Terrorist is wait and repel there is nothing much I can say

4 Likes

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by RZArecta(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2021
Igbo youths are the problem according to BMC îmbeciles cool

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by mariovito(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2021
Members of a "ragtag" militia could fight in the sandstorm, members of the Nigerian Army couldn't. Ok.

Due to diversity in climate, military on special missions to specific terrains undergo special training to enable them function in those areas coupled with special gears and weapons. Soldiers going to serve in the south south, especially in the creeks undergo an amphibious training school in Eburutu Barracks Calabar, which is similar to naval training to enable them function properly in those watery environment. Why don't our soldiers up north undergo a desert storm training and also provided gears to protect against the spiteful sandstorms?

Why set our boys up to be weapons transfer officers?

12 Likes

Re: ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno by Drsnives(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2021
Buhari watin we do you??

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / See PDP Members Who Are Too Sick To Face Corruption Trial / My Objective Assessment Of Kadaria Ahmed, Moderator Of The Atiku/Obi Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.