Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,275 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live (12382 Views)

States Where Atiku, Tinubu & Obi Will Win In 2023 Presidential Elections - SBM / The States Where Pigeons Refused To Fly During Armed Forces Remembrance (Video) / Likely Winners In States Where Elections Are Inconclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 5:35am On Jun 17, 2021
mrvitalis:

Why stats on ground doesn't match reality u have right to question it

I'm from imo there is no way imo has twice anambra GDP impossible

My brother, you could be wrong. Imo GDP could even be higher than those figures. That is you need a proper field analysis.

Government generate revenue in tax from hotels/clubs etc in imo state.

Do you know how big the hospitality industry is in imo state?

Have you gone round?

1 Like

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:42am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:
The National Bureau of Statistics in 2013 released the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) estimates for each of the states in Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja for the year 2010. This is the one and only time that does figures have been calculated.
At Kingmakers.com we were curious to find out what each state’s GDP might further down the line and see how the different states are faring economically as a unit for our State of States Report.
Our approach was to try and forecast the GDP per Capita based on socioeconomic economic indicators that could influence it. To get our baseline figures, we took the GDP calculations for 2010 for each of the states as released by the National Bureau of Statistics used that to get an estimate of the GDP Per Capita for each state by dividing the GDP by the projected population in each state for the year 2010.
After going through several models in order to forecast the GDP for each of the state, we settle on a multiple regression model that forecast the change in the GDP Per Capita of each of the state.
We derived the model by looking at the change in the GDP per capita for the whole of Nigeria from 2010 to 2015 and then examined all the socioeconomic indicators we had available to us. We settled on the following 5 independent predictors when their relationships were looked at gave us the highest statistical relevance possible in determining the rate of change in GDP per capita.
The indicators included
Adult Life Expectancy
Infant Mortality Rate
Female Labour Participation Rate
Unemployment Rate
Adult Literacy Rate
The model used for calculating is shown below.
Y = b0 + b1X1 + b2X2 + b3X3 + b4X4 + b5X5
Y: Percentage in GDP per capita
b0: Intercept
b1: Adjusted percentage change in adult life expectancy
X1: Coefficient for percentage change in adult life expectancy
b2: Adjusted percentage change in infant mortality rate
X2: Coefficient for percentage change in infant mortality rate
b3: Adjusted percentage change in female labour participation rate
X3: Coefficient for percentage change in female labour participation rate
b4: Adjusted percentage change in unemployment rate
X4: Coefficient for percentage change in unemployment rate
b5: Adjusted percentage change in adult literacy rate
X5: Coefficient for percentage change in adult literacy rate
The value of each of variables were adjusted in order to deal with the wide variation in the changes to the value of the indicators on the national level as compared to those experienced on the state level. While the changes on the national level tended to be in small units, that on state level tended to be much larger, sometimes in the tens of units.
We adjusted the values being passed to the model to deal with the wide variations by multiplying the input value of the state with an indicator factor. The indicator factor was derived from finding the value of the percentage of in the indicator at a particular state level that gave a unit change in value at the national level.

Source: https://medium.com/kingmakers/how-we-projected-the-gdp-for-states-in-nigeria-5ccc5e2c85f7
Kingmakers .com grin grin when will Yoruba say no to Oluwale, Kingmaker is now NBS grin

3 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:43am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

SW is the richest, most developed and most educated part of Nigeria. Choke on it.
On media not in reality grin

3 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 5:48am On Jun 17, 2021
post=102802878:

Sometimes I wish I could take some nairalanders to some clubs in Imo just to observe how much people throw in there every week.

Anything analysis in Nigeria, I take with a pinch of salt.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 6:26am On Jun 17, 2021
Jman24:

Sometimes I wish I could take some nairalanders to some clubs in Imo just to observe how much people throw in there every week.

Anything analysis in Nigeria, I take with a pinch of salt.

Wow, so smart
Clubs imo throwing money is how you justify wealth. Okay, people in Norway dont throw money in clubs. I'm sure Imo is richer than Norway.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 6:31am On Jun 17, 2021
post=102802878:

If your glorified towns were rich and developed, it would have jobs and it will be a dream to move there and live the way all your uncles move to Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan and Port Harcourt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:40am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

If your glorified towns were rich and developed, it would have jobs and it will be a dream to move there and live the way all your uncles move to Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan and Port Harcourt.
It was because of Oluwale you tribe known for tyour sister was forced to resigned as minister, Kingmaker kee you there

3 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:51am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

After watching structures in eastern thread you went to dig out fake data fabricated in one of the slums in Ibadan grin grin to cover up grin grin typical Yoruba mentality grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/6605042/easterners-adopt-name-dot-republic

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 7:13am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

Wow, so smart
Clubs imo throwing money is how you justify wealth. Okay, people in Norway dont throw money in clubs. I'm sure Imo is richer than Norway.

Oh you want us to go this way?
I understand your concerns. But it is what it is..
Wealth is evenly distributed in Imo state .. you have 27LGAs divided into owerri, orlu and okigwe zones. Each zone have significant number of wealthy people spread across.. unlike what is obtainable where wealth is concentrated on a particular town
Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 7:17am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

People move to Abuja and Lagos because of favourable FG policies. I think you should wait for regional system of government where every region would have a control of their own resources, sea ports and international airport before making that disproportionate analysis.

Being wealthy has nothing to do with job creation. Favourable policies among other factors is critical in job creation
Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 7:26am On Jun 17, 2021
post=102803714:

It was because of Oluwale you tribe known for tyour sister was forced to resigned as minister, Kingmaker kee you there

When your people invest more money on brideprice than education, why wont you've dumb? Lagos isnt even on the list. Ode, there is difference between nominal gdp and real GDP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 7:27am On Jun 17, 2021
Jman24:

People move to Abuja and Lagos because of favourable FG policies. I think you should wait for regional system of government where every region would have a control of their own resources, sea ports and international airport before making that disproportionate analysis.

Being wealthy has nothing to do with job creation. Favourable policies among other factors is critical in job creation

All these your lies is getting boring now. What useless policies is making lagos create jobs? List 5 of such policies.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 7:29am On Jun 17, 2021
Jman24:

Oh you want us to go this way?
I understand your concerns. But it is what it is..
Wealth is evenly distributed in Imo state .. you have 27LGAs divided into owerri, orlu and okigwe zones. Each zone have significant number of wealthy people spread across.. unlike what is obtainable where wealth is concentrated on a particular town

Significant wealthy people spread across. Ipob statistics. cheesy it's funny how you people reject hard data and just throw words around with no proof and expect people to believe you. If there were so many wealthy people there, big companies both local and international will be fighting to open up there. But we all know where most businesses are.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:30am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

When your people invest more money on brideprice than education, why wont you've dumb? Lagos isnt even on the list. Ode, there is difference between nominal gdp and real GDP.
Otondo GDP from Kingmaker in that reside in Ibadan grin

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Nigeria%20Economy/NBS-Publishes-Additional-11-States-Nominal-GDP-From-2013-to-2017/45495

1 Like

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 7:32am On Jun 17, 2021
post=102803911:

After watching structures in eastern thread you went to dig out fake data fabricated in one of the slums in Ibadan grin grin to cover up grin grin typical Yoruba mentality grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/6605042/easterners-adopt-name-dot-republic

Lmao. Imagine posting estates to show development. There are such estates in every single state in Nigeria. Most of these estates are only inhabited in christmas. Their owners are running around, selling to rich patrons here in ibadan. Besides, it's like showing Nigerians in america showing pictures of banana island to prove to americans they're on the same level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 7:34am On Jun 17, 2021
post=102804753:

Otondo GDP from Kingmaker in that reside in Ibadan grin

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Nigeria%20Economy/NBS-Publishes-Additional-11-States-Nominal-GDP-From-2013-to-2017/45495

Olodo doesnt know the meaning of nominal gdp. Even on the list, Ebonyi is rock bottom. Oyo and Ogun outperform Anambra across board. They're four sw states and only 2 se. Yorubas are naturally miles ahead of you, Okoro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 7:44am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

All these your lies is getting boring now. What useless policies is making lagos create jobs? List 5 of such policies.

Stop feigning ignorance my brother.
You know them
Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:44am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

Olodo doesnt know the meaning of nominal gdp. Even on the list, Ebonyi is rock bottom. Oyo and Ogun outperform Anambra across board. They're four sw states and only 2 se. Yorubas are naturally miles ahead of you, Okoro.
Ode I can see you are blind Ogun wnd and Oyo are below Anambra, you Oluwale brother incharge of NBS released 22 state since 2019 promised Nigeria to release the remaining states 2020 we are still waiting for him, in west he released 5 out 6 states in Southeast he released only Anambra and Ebonyi tell me what he is hiding grin

Go through the table to see Ondo, Ogun and Oyo are all below Anambra state

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 7:46am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

Significant wealthy people spread across. Ipob statistics. cheesy it's funny how you people reject hard data and just throw words around with no proof and expect people to believe you. If there were so many wealthy people there, big companies both local and international will be fighting to open up there. But we all know where most businesses are.

Oh it is now ipob statistics. Because I objected to a survey without proper field analysis.
Wonderful!
Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 7:48am On Jun 17, 2021
FreeIgbos:

You don't need to bring Imo State down to pass your message na. Oil and gas alongside property development plays a huge role in determining GDP of a state, that's why you see the Niger Delta states with little except oil activity having bogus figures. Out of the 36 states, you didn't see any state to use to extrapolate but you chose Imo?

Anyways, the statistics is crap.

Nicely put
Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 17, 2021
cool
Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 8:02am On Jun 17, 2021
Jman24:

Oh it is now ipob statistics. Because I objected to a survey without proper field analysis.
Wonderful!

You objected to a survey and presented your opinion as counter proof without any field analysis and survey. Ipob statistics at its finest.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 8:03am On Jun 17, 2021
post=102805104:

Ode I can see you are blind Ogun wnd and Oyo are below Anambra, you Oluwale brother incharge of NBS released 22 state since 2019 promised Nigeria to release the remaining states 2020 we are still waiting for him, in west he released 5 out 6 states in Southeast he released only Anambra and Ebonyi tell me what he is hiding grin

Go through the table to see Ondo, Ogun and Oyo are all below Anambra state

Since you're intentionally dumb, so bayelsa has a higher gdp than Anambra. I posted gdp per capital, you're posting nominal gdp. Ndi ara.

1 Like

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 8:04am On Jun 17, 2021
Jman24:

Stop feigning ignorance my brother.
You know them

Lmao. Pulling nonsense from your ass. I dare you to name 5.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 8:32am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

Lmao. Pulling nonsense from your ass. I dare you to name 5.

If you were attentive at my previous submissions, you would have seen where I highlighted some factors. But it's very clear you enjoy unending arguements.
Cheers
Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Aderewah: 8:42am On Jun 17, 2021
Jman24:

If you were attentive at my previous submissions you would have seen where I highlighted some factors. But it's very clear you enjoy unending arguements.
Cheers

You never did. Former capital? Calabar was. Abuja is. Port? Bayelsa make more money per capita from oil than lagos makes from ports. Just bow to people superior to you.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

You never did. Former capital? Calabar was. Abuja is. Port? Bayelsa make more money per capita from oil than lagos makes from ports. Just bow to people superior to you.

It shows you were not reading.
Go back and digest my submission
Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by PoloG: 8:49am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

Wow, so smart
that guy no get sense

2 Likes

Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Jman24(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2021
PoloG:
that guy no get sense

grin
Re: These Are The States Where The Richest Nigerians Live by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:22am On Jun 17, 2021
Aderewah:

Since you're intentionally dumb, so bayelsa has a higher gdp than Anambra. I posted gdp per capital, you're posting nominal gdp. Ndi ara.
Ode Bayelsa is major oil producing state, states in Niger Delta that's ahead of Anambra is because of oil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo Indigenes In Lagos Organized Fund Raising Dinner For Akeredolu (pics) / ACF Asks Buhari To Extend Flight Ban To Benue, Taraba, Borno / Igbo Vs Yoruba In DSS Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.