Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? (18754 Views)

Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? / Amaiden Energy salary negotiation / 8 Salary Negotiation Mistakes To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by MBofLife: 8:07am On Jun 18, 2021
���
You're one of a kind.

I have question, please. You've stayed in Mile 12 before.
How's the traffic from there to Ikeja in the morning (say 7 am)? And from Ikeja to Mile 12 in the evening (say 6 pm)?
Are you familiar with Elias Estate?

bercarray:
Mine was 50k in 2019, lied on my CV about where i stay, but we had actually moved out of the address on my CV before i went to for the interview, where i live is like 3 streets away from work. so i asked my friends that we're doing the same work how much they were being paid around there, i was told 45k for a start i said okay.
When i was negotiating my salary, i told them 55k, they said 45k was what they can pay, i told them if i remove transport fare from 45k I'll be Left with nothing. They should help start with 50 with me at least. I was called for the job the following week. All my friends was like how u do am, den no dey pay pass 45k around here o, unless say na lekki. But i later suffered for it, the day our HR said, you live at mile 12 abi, let's walk to bus stop together, we walked like 20min to bus stop, wen he Left, i now had to trek back again, wen normally under 5min i don reach my house, i now had to pretend to walk for 30min plus
Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 18, 2021
Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by GiveUpNojoin(m): 10:25am On Jun 18, 2021
grin grin
Kontinue smoking � You go soon run mad one day
Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by bercarray(m): 10:51am On Jun 18, 2021
MBofLife:
���
You're one of a kind.

I have question, please. You've stayed in Mile 12 before.
How's the traffic from there to Ikeja in the morning (say 7 am)? And from Ikeja to Mile 12 in the evening (say 6 pm)?
Are you familiar with Elias Estate?

I'm not familiar with elias estate, i lived at afinjuomo street, traffic at mile 12 is not much o, but when u are are about to enter ikeja gan gan the traffic there is crazy
Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by okewumi: 11:04am On Jun 18, 2021
Try to do your underground check. You can get in-house person when you type the company name on LinkedIn and many other smart way and contact them on how much they pay.

My company was recruiting early this year and the entry level is #200k. Mumus that came for interviews were asked how much does their current company pay and he said 70k. How much would he like to collect, mumu said 100,000.
Do you background check. One man business may not want to have salary scale.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by Juliearth(f): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
Faller:
Well to Negotiate salary as a school teacher....Tell the Proprietor that what you'll teach the pupils depends on your salary..

Explain to him using this format....

For 15k you'll teach the pupils that 5 + 5 = 6

For 20k you'll teach the pupils that 5 + 5 = 8

For 25k you'll teach the pupils that 5 + 5 = 9

For 30k you'll teach the pupils that 5 + 5 = 10

You are funny, LOL!

Do you know the implication of your comment or how the HR person would assess it? Your comment simply means your productivity can and will be swayed by money and for " 30 pieces of silver", you would sell the company's trade secrets. I don't think any organization would want that.
Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by Joetttimua1811(m): 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
Na pipo wey dey work go answer that one meanwhile....

Do you need a platform where you learn and get paid Check my signature smiley.
Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by niyidenrele: 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a 'Friday the 13th'.

lipsrsealed
Just a day shy off the day of my birth
Saturday the 13th

My son
Friday the 13th

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by Slynation(m): 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
Faller:
Well to Negotiate salary as a school teacher....Tell the Proprietor that what you'll teach the pupils depends on your salary..

Explain to him using this format....

For 15k you'll teach the pupils that 5 + 5 = 6

For 20k you'll teach the pupils that 5 + 5 = 8

For 25k you'll teach the pupils that 5 + 5 = 9

For 30k you'll teach the pupils that 5 + 5 = 10
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by MBofLife: 8:07am On Jun 20, 2021
The traffic Maryland, right?
So one can comfortably live in around Mile 12 and half (Owode Bus stop, Ikorodu Road) and work in Ikeja?

bercarray:
I'm not familiar with elias estate, i lived at afinjuomo street, traffic at mile 12 is not much o, but when u are are about to enter ikeja gan gan the traffic there is crazy
Re: What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? by AyodejiGREAT: 10:18am On Jul 22, 2021
Guys How do you go about preparing for an interview to assess one's "leadership capabilities"?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancies @ Ringo Telecommunications Limited-dec.2013 / Apply Now For Federal Civil Service Commission Fresh Recruitment - 2016 / Vacancy In An Oil And Gas Company Located In Escravos, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.