Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Say No TO SOKOLOAN - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Say No TO SOKOLOAN (1659 Views)

See The Wickedness Of Fastmoney Loan App, AKA Sokoloan / Say No TO SOKOLOAN / Policeman Shares Photos Of Girls Smoking Weed, Says "Say No To Drugs" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say No TO SOKOLOAN by yemiseunbalogun: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
It's disheartening how all this loan Apps sends message to customer contacts when there is a default.Many at times they sends messages to contacts that the lender is a fraudster on the run and that the lenders family are criminals that people needs to stay away from them after the lender might have begged and pleaded to please give them more time.

Amidst all this ,the loan default days increases which the lender don't mind paying.It is understood that it's business but should they defame the lenders family name or the lenders name by sending defaming messages to their contact.

Such incident happened to a man at Abeokuta.he is a furniture man that had a contract of millions of Naira.He didn't have enough money so he borrowed from one of this online Apps to do the business.He was supposed to collect part payment of the job the next day while his loan expired a day before then.He was called by the loan lenders which he explained he would make his payment the next day only for the loan lenders to send defamatory messages to all his contact including the person that was to give him the Job.That messages costed him loosing the CONTRACT.He ended up drinking snipper becauae of the disgrace..

A lot of people are dying in silence as a result of the defamatory messages sent to their contact.Its time they spoke up hence why I needed to create this thread on Nairaland.This has to stop.

What are your views in order to stop this.
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by generalwo(m): 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
yemiseunbalogun:
It's disheartening how all this loan Apps sends message to customer contacts when there is a default.Many at times they sends messages to contacts that the lender is a fraudster on the run and that the lenders family are criminals that people needs to stay away from them after the lender might have begged and pleaded to please give them more time.

Amidst all this ,the loan default days increases which the lender don't mind paying.It is understood that it's business but should they defame the lenders family name or the lenders name by sending defaming messages to their contact.

Such incident happened to a man at Abeokuta.he is a furniture man that had a contract of millions of Naira.He didn't have enough money so he borrowed from one of this online Apps to do the business.He was supposed to collect part payment of the job the next day while his loan expired a day before then.He was called by the loan lenders which he explained he would make his payment the next day only for the loan lenders to send defamatory messages to all his contact including the person that was to give him the Job.That messages costed him loosing the CONTRACT.He ended up drinking snipper becauae of the disgrace..

A lot of people are dying in silence as a result of the defamatory messages sent to their contact.Its time they spoke up hence why I needed to create this thread on Nairaland.This has to stop.

......Soko loan own this app and also own go cash, 9ja cash, and soko loan itself. They are evil with the most mannerless customer care agents. They curse at you when you default for even one day and send derogatory messages to your contacts....... I suggest the Nigerian government and financial regulatory bodies take action against them to prevent them from destroying lives and ruining relationships and family ties....... I lost a job of 150k per month because they sent a message to my boss lying that I used his name as a guarantor.....

8 Likes

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Lulifiedempire: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
Say No to sokoloan if you want to enjoy life in oeace,I lost my job because of the stupid message they sent to my boss,and that's the job I used to feed my child and mum.because I defaulted for just a day...
Sokoloan as alot of loan app they operate
Which are :
Go cash
Fast money
Sokoloan
9credit
Lcredit
Let me just advise u stay away from any 7days loan app or 14days are devilish

2 Likes

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by ojoduoludare(m): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
They are evil , they have really cause damages to many life ...because of just 3 days default they send ..messages to all my contact ,calling me fraudster that I run with company money, my wife got the message she was shocked , my old father got the message and started calling me to know what happened ..
Those app need to flag down ..... 10k to pay 15k in 7 days ...my God save us

2 Likes

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by drmikeadams(m): 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
yemiseunbalogun:

grin grin

Lol if u borrow u pay,, if u no pay and them send msg to ur contacts..u have 2,options of looking for money to pay them or u decide not to pay as them Don tarnish ur image already

5 Likes

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Sunnymatey(m): 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
You are very correct
They did same to me few days ago cus my salary was delayed.
Now l have paid up all their monies, called them to reach out to my contacts concerning my reputation they've tarnished.
Not heard from them till now

We need to use the power of social media to cripple their business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Sunnymatey(m): 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
drmikeadams:
grin grin

Lol if u borrow u pay,, if u no pay and them send msg to ur contacts..u have 2,options of looking for money to pay them or u decide not to pay as them Don tarnish ur image already
At times salaries comes late so it's bevomes difficult to pay up on the due date.
Also, evety additional day attracts a detault fee which the borrower must pay.
And in most cases this shit happens after you must have explained the reason for the delay and the egent will act as if he/she have reasoned with you b4 you know it.

It's very bad
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Callisto1(m): 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
Stop taking their loans if you feel the interest is too much and that they will send messages to your contacts. You people dont listen. thats why u are trapped in their cage

3 Likes

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by yemiseunbalogun: 1:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Callisto1:
Stop taking their loans if you feel the interest is too much and that they will send messages to your contacts. You people dont listen. thats why u are trapped in their cage

Just pray you don't see things that makes you desperate to take loan.Dont judge people taking the loans because you don't know what they are going through

7 Likes

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Callisto1(m): 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
They are devils. stop taking their loans,if you take, be ready for the worse
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by fatymore(f): 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2021
I dislike taking loans from when I was a child

May God always help us oo
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by lagusboyyy(m): 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
That is why, they are called "gbomu le lantern"

ROUGH TRANSLATION: Put your breast on a lantern.

Its painful to put ordinary finger on the lantern, not to talk of sensitive breast.

So their loans always comes with pain when defaulted.
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by dab217x: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2021
This SOKOLOAN are just touts....Loan is a very risky business because you don't know what will happen to the money u borrowed to the i dividual. But sending indiscriminating text can make one loose his job. Or important contact and this might even make the person unable to pay back. Just avoid tbem
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Nathaniel111(m): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
yemiseunbalogun:

I no dey borrow from loan app, so i no dey concern.
E beta make i go borrow frm LAPO.

1 Like

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by ivolt: 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
yemiseunbalogun:
Begging?
Soko loan are not your friends.
If you fail to pay, they won't "forgive"

Stop what?
Don't borrow money you have no intention of paying.
That is the only way to stop it.

1 Like

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by ivolt: 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
Sunnymatey:

We need to use the power of social media to cripple their business.
Where will you borrow from in the future after crippling their business?

1 Like

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Callisto1(m): 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
All these people complaining are serial defaulters.. If you look closely you will see that they owe like 4 to 5 or more apps at the same time. Why would you take loan of over 50% interest in the first place and you want them not to send messages to your contacts when you default. Una never ready. Pay them their money, if you default make a commitment by paying parts.
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by fannybaby(f): 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
yemiseunbalogun:

We Nigerians are wicked, stubborn and greedy... Why did you go and collect loan from them when you know you might not be able to pay back in time That's someone business mehn

2 Likes

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
The thing about people complaining about these loan apps is that many of them are the same people who will boast about the ways they cheat the same loan apps.

At the end of the day, there is a method to taking loans from the apps. Take loans and make sure you read the T and C...and if you cannot pay back as at when due...don't take the loan.
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
yemiseunbalogun:

While I feel sorry for the guy,, the problem was that if he had waited 2 days before taking the loan, he won't have run into the problem he ran into.

I use loan apps (not Sokoloan because I am angry with them for other reasons)..and anytime I take a loan from the loan apps, I make sure i take a loan in such a way that repayment time falls during a period when I have money.

A strategy that has worked for me...except duing this covid 19 peroid last year, when my salary was delayed, and I had to go and beg for money to pay back a loan that was delayed. No calls to contacts either.
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Callisto1(m): 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
Beancounter93:
The thing about people complaining about these loan apps is that many of them are the same people who will boast about the ways they cheat the same loan apps.

At the end of the day, there is a method to taking loans from the apps. Take loans and make sure you read the T and C...and if you cannot pay back as at when due...don't take the loan.

Don't mind them. Stop collecting loans you cannot pay back.. Awon olee
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by iLegendd(m): 7:06pm On Jun 17, 2021
I didn't read what you wrote, but I'm always in support of these loan apps. Without them acting that way, a huge percentage of Nigerians won't pay back.

I have never taken loan and I doubt I'll ever do (I can only do partnership), but if you must take, pay on time to avoid embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by hedonido: 10:46pm On Jun 17, 2021
Anyone who resorts to this Sokoloan is likely a serial bad debtor and shameless onigbese who has exhausted all the 'good lender' options.
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by fukNaija(m): 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2021
About 5 loan apps dey find me now lol. I just pity branch- they are the best but I just have to disown Nigeria but not without some money to japa- [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by udede(m): 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
ojoduoludare:
They are evil , they have really cause damages to many life ...because of just 3 days default they send ..messages to all my contact ,calling me fraudster that I run with company money, my wife got the message she was shocked , my old father got the message and started calling me to know what happened ..
Those app need to flag down ..... 10k to pay 15k in 7 days ...my God save us
it can only happen in a country like ours, where everyone is unto himself. No government
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by abidugun929: 1:31am On Jun 19, 2021
sad
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by notym2chektym: 6:05am On Jun 19, 2021
fukNaija:
About 5 loan apps dey find me now lol. I just pity branch- they are the best but I just have to disown Nigeria but not without some money to japa- [color=#990000][/color]
This is bad of you. This singular act might affect ur progress in your new country. Na your type dey make me no dey blame these loan apps at times when they misbehave
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by kingthreat(m): 8:08am On Jun 19, 2021
Callisto1:
All these people complaining are serial defaulters.. If you look closely you will see that they owe like 4 to 5 or more apps at the same time. Why would you take loan of over 50% interest in the first place and you want them not to send messages to your contacts when you default. Una never ready. Pay them their money, if you default make a commitment by paying parts.

All these people complaining are not people. They are just one person. The dude has been making up stories for a while on Nairaland. Recently he said sokoloan, gocash, 9credit gets your bank info and sells to kidnappers. He is on a mission to ruin their business because of what they might have done to him. I advice you ask all your family members including those that hate you before taking a loan from a loanshark. These loanapps cannot come and arrest you so they harrass you in the way they can.

1 Like

Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by fukNaija(m): 10:07am On Jun 19, 2021
notym2chektym:

This is bad of you. This singular act might affect ur progress in your new country. Na your type dey make me no dey blame these loan apps at times when they misbehave
them Neva show u pepper na. If only u no wetin okash do me
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by allen113: 10:25am On Jun 19, 2021
OK
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by Map1(m): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2021
If you want to fight your best friend or family member in Nigeria don't go physical just borrow them money you will see how they will run away from you
Re: Say No TO SOKOLOAN by notym2chektym: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2021
fukNaija:
them Neva show u pepper na. If only u no wetin okash do me
What is bad is bad bro, It's just a simple advice. How do you feel comfortable leaving the country to a new country with debts behind uncleared and no plan of clearing it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghanaian Woman Who Makes Commercial Tea With Women’s Panties Arrested / Blessing CEO Arrested After Accusing Davido Of Owing IVD Motors N4.5m / Man Killed For Stealing A Tuber Of Yam(graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.