Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics (9576 Views)

Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision / Serena Williams Out Of Wimbledon After Retiring Injured In First Round / Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by fergie001: 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hi all, I have decided not to participate at this year’s Championships at Wimbledon and the Olympic Games in Tokyo. It’s never an easy decision to take but after listening to my body and discuss it with my team I understand that it is the right decision.

The goal is to prolong my career and continue to do what makes me happy, that is to compete at the highest level and keep fighting for those professional and personal goals at he maximum level of competition.

The fact that there has only been 2 weeks between RG and Wimbledon, didn’t make it easier on my body to recuperate after the always demanding clay court season. They have been two months of great effort and the decision I take is focused looking at the mid and long term.

Sport prevention of any kind of excess in my body is a very important factor at this stage of my career in order to try to keep fighting for the highest level of competition and titles.

I want to send a special message to my fans around the world, to those in the United Kingdom and Japan in particular.

The Olympic Games always meant a lot and they were always a priority as a Sports person, I found the spirit that every sports person in the world wants to live. I personally had the chance to live 3 of them and had the honor to be the flag bearer for my country.“

Rafa Nadal

Nadal is joint with Roger Federer on 20 grandslam titles. (an all-time record)

He won the Olympics Gold (Singles) & (Doubles) at the Beijing 2008 and Rio de Janeiro 2016 respectively.

The Spaniard who turned 35 on June 3rd, is referred to as the "king of clay" having won Roland-Garros a record 13 times, and has a total 88 career titles

He has been ranked No. 1 in the ATP rankings for 209 weeks, and has finished as the year-end No. 1 five times.

Roger Federer also withdrew from Roland-Garros, citing he needed to recuperate for Wimbledon.

We hope to see you next year, @RafaelNadal �

#Wimbledon

Wimbledon

Rafa Nadal won't be adding to his two Olympic gold medals at the @Tokyo2020 Games in 2021.

Hope to see you back on court soon @RafaelNadal!

Olympics

1 Like

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
You have done well Man, you remain a Champ always!

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Risingblue008(m): 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
Second to comment,
D guy above me was so Lucky
Bt as for NADAL
he knows what good for him
Make Dem no go rush person out of long-tennis pitch
Cos life is precious
Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by engtoba48: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
The Naomi Osaka effect?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
Normal thing

No go collapse
If na money and name you have it

1 Like

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Guest911: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hmm
Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by slawormiir: 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer are the Lionel messi of lawn tennis

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Jokerman(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lol.... Body no be firewood... The Novak loss wasn't an easy one to take in especially in your "clay" of specialty grin

Hope Serena heeds like you though... grin

4 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by BigDawsNet: 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Oh my shocked

Safety first
Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Burger01(m): 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
smiley
Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by ArticleBeast: 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Nigerian no go ever agree. Na why dem dey die quick.

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by PotatoSalad(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
Everybody just dey pull out. Durex don cost?

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by UncleSnr(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
he is fun to watch, but is this the end of an era?
It will be sad but this is to pave way for the younger generation.

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by DonUmeh(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
And the winner of this news is Novak.

7 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by DenreleDave(m): 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2021
Meaning what
Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Femich18(m): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2021
PotatoSalad:
Everybody just dey pull out. Durex don cost?
Pervert cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Pathway2Gold: 1:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Rafa will always be a legend.
Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by PotatoSalad(m): 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
Femich18:

Pervert cheesy grin grin
Real recognises real.
Dey shoot dey go baba

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by ArewaNightmare: 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2021
grin still licking wounds from his last lost to avoid back to back
Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
You'll get better as time goes by....Sorry oooo.

Road Clear for Novak.

3 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Emekus92(m): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
Djokovic Don win another Grand Slam title

3 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by jericco1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
Sorry about that.
Time for my Novak to add another grand slam to his beautiful collection.
What happened to the over hyped Andy Murray? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by BigBelleControl(m): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
The easiest grand slam for Nadal to win is the French open but losing to Djokovic in a gruelling match is something his body and mind cannot let go of easily. Just like Federer, he needs to manage his body by not participating in every competition.

4 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by fergie001: 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
jericco1:
Sorry about that.
A history of bad injuries......

3 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
Tokyo Olympics is cancelled o!
Soon the Naomi Osaka / Ronaldo effect will start happening with other athletes following suit - injured or not
Tokyo is just using politics to push this thing.
The "feel" of live events is gone, press live coverage suppressed, even the opening and closing ceremonies (which are the most exciting parts of the Games for me) have also been impacted.
Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Paperbag(m): 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
jericco1:
Sorry about that.

Murry have been battling with injury ,one that could end his career .

Noting hyped about him

4 Likes

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by TheStranger: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2021
Take care of yourself

1 Like

Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by techWriter1: 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr Isoright Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer are the Lionel messi of garden volleyball
Re: Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics by Havertz10: 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
Novak grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sandro Tonali Likely To Get 10-Month Ban In Gambling Probe / See Dates, Time And Venue For The Super Falcons Summer Tour Of The USA. / Rare Pre-game Team-talk By Keshi During A Super Eagles Training Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.