Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North (65772 Views)

Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved / Youth Corper Helps A Physically Challenged Corper At Taraba NYSC Camp. PICS / Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Seyzcham91(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2021
cheesy
dollyj1996:
It takes wisdom and the grace of God to stick to this budget with the recent increase in prices of foodstuffs. Am a new Corp member 21A2.
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Mypeople2(m): 8:50am On Jun 19, 2021
onuman:

The southsouth which should have been the first area to be equipped with standard gauge rail lines before other parts of Nigeria, if Nigeria were to be a normal country and run by normal people.
It is quite pitiable that the resources are taken to other part of country.
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Seyzcham91(m): 8:50am On Jun 19, 2021
This is neither a plan nor budget

imagine

you no get gf or bf cuz i don't know if you are a guy or lady

i'm sure this budget of yours is for single people, you can't be in a relationship and maintain this nonsense
hilltop007:
Hello, I am corper serving in a semi-urban area in the north central region of Nigeria. My monthly allowance is N33,000 plus my employer's monthly stipend of N4,000. My monthly total earning is N37,000.

Below is my monthly budget (NGN)

TRANSPORT - 3200
GAS - 1600
FOOD - 15,580
DATA & AIRTIME - 1500
MISCELLANEOUS - 1500

TOTAL MONTHLY EXPENSES - 23,000 (apx)

TOTAL MONTHLY SAVINGS - 14,000 + budget surplus

I have learnt to be frugal and only pay for needs and not wants ever since I started service because cost of living in Nigeria is very high. I am also brain storming on business and farming ideas to venture into to supplement my earnings.

Corpers in the house, how much do you earn, spend and save monthly?

1 Like

Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Igbojihadist: 9:14am On Jun 19, 2021
dheaven:
Your life centers on you only hence you say this. Only money I give to one person some days is far higher than that. You make money to help yourself and other people around you.
bro no be say i center on myself alone ooh i found it difficult to feed myself alone
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Ayo2004: 9:19am On Jun 19, 2021
dheaven:
Bezos spend in millions a day incase you may not know. Your life centers on you only hence you say this. Only money I give to one person some days is far higher than that. You make money to help yourself and other people around you.
Abeg,con help me
I am hardworking,obedient and ready to do anything LEGIT.....
I am very serious,abeg,drop your number,let me reach u
P.S:I no dey ask for money directly,I just wan know how u dey do am
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:39am On Jun 19, 2021
clovislouis:
oga I no be small pikin. Y should I send my dad number. How can a 29 years old man send his dad number to u
TO LET HIM KNOW THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO TRAVEL ON WATERWAYS. should boat break or you get drowned.....or killed by pirates, they won't blame me.TRY AND UNDERSTAND .
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by anochuko01(m): 9:47am On Jun 19, 2021
hilltop007:
I use MTN night plan to download tutorial videos
It depends on the quality and length of the video you wanna download. I've got a 40gig udemy video that I still dunno how to go about it...
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by clovislouis(m): 9:47am On Jun 19, 2021
FRANKOSKI:

TO LET HIM KNOW THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO TRAVEL ON WATERWAYS. should boat break or you get drowned.....or killed by pirates, they won't blame me.TRY AND UNDERSTAND .
Tor. I no get such mind be that
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Moraler: 10:30am On Jun 19, 2021
Great planning!! See below for those that wish to boost their earning;

Life of studentship at current economy State of Nigeria can be hard i.e Cost of school fees, lectures handout, project, hostel, feeding, clothing etc all on parent's; *"the money never seems to be enough"*

This is Nigeria, we must learn to leverage on technologies apparatus and overcome current state of affairs.

I wish to teach you *"How to raise emergency fund and even earn $40 daily with winning practical strategies"*

With the winning strategies to be thought on below whatsapp group, you go a long way to be self sufficient and reduce pressure on your parents..

Please mind the missing dot "." before the "com"

https://chat.whatsapp com/DGPOpxayktb5wNb4LILG98
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Hamzashaf99(f): 10:35am On Jun 19, 2021
Ilekokonit:

You made a good point. When I was at UI, I will travel back home to Lagos and collect my normal allowance and then bill my parents for expensive medical books that I got cheap from friends who were one year ahead of me and I would stay back in Lagos whilst my parents thought I was back at UI and squander most of my largess on my friends and girlfriend at restaurants and only leave Lagos when the money nearly ran out.

Back at UI, I would then go to the market and charter dry beans, garri, dry pepper, onions and palm oil to last me till another pay day from my parents.

But I had this room mate who was studying History who used to survive on only yam and palm oil because that was all his Dad gave him and one day his Dad came looking for him and didn't meet him on campus and the next time his Dad came, his Dad physically beat him up in the presence of his room mates. I felt so bad for the guy and I hope he is rich now.

My main point is that those coming from a poor background or those who are blessed with being frugal from a young age can save something from nothing.

Unlike us who discovered beer parlors and abe igi pepper soup joints as teenagers and are also too generous for our own good such that the Op's whole monthly allowance will not survive one beer parlor visit with my crew. I actually envy people who can be as frugal as the Op but like someone said, maybe the Op does not have a girlfriend as the chaps monthly allowance is not compatible with having a girlfriend.
For some of us, we learnt to cut our coat Accord to our cloth.
Even now that I'm financially comfortable, I can't spend excessively or on anything I feel I can live without.
Life throws everyone a different ball, and we all learn to play with what we have.
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by frankson1(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2021
hilltop007:
MTN. dial *121#

Thanks.
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Gaddafi1: 11:07am On Jun 19, 2021
CapitalHYC:
grin 1500 on DATA .. This one must be a joke still wrote Miscellaneous 1500 grin grin grin grin

Obviously the guy is not regular on Nairaland...
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by FRANKOSKI(m): 11:24am On Jun 19, 2021
clovislouis:
Tor. I no get such mind be that
Athose are the biggest challenges of the biz bro
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by SimeonOTC(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2021
hilltop007:
This is great. If I may ask, what freelancing job did you do?

Graphic Design..my client was outside the country.. U.S to be precise..
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by SimeonOTC(m): 11:56am On Jun 19, 2021
Plut01:

Download BNB app and use it to buy dollar. Let it stay in dollar.... However, always leave your password somewhere one or two trusted person can see because BNB no get next of kin cheesy

thanks for this info but please answer this;

which BNB app to be specific?
hope they are transparent?
do they give interest?
is the process of deposit and withdraw stressful?
can i withdraw directly to my local acct?
thanks.
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Plut01: 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
SimeonOTC:

thanks for this info but please answer this;

which BNB app to be specific?
hope they are transparent?
do they give interest?
is the process of deposit and withdraw stressful?
can i withdraw directly to my local acct?
thanks.

* Binance app
*Yes, they are transparent as Bleep. Better than All Nigeria banking system and Bubu government that deducts your Money without Notice.
* No, they do not give interest
*The process of deposit and Withdrawer is not stressful when you use P2P. There is a chance to scam or to be scammed though, if your IQ is below 10 cheesy
* Yes you withdraw anytime and anywhere with P2P system.

1 Like

Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by StreetMedia: 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sailor22:
15k wetin u dey chop?
I spend less than 10k for feeding when I served in the North too.

Wetin I dey chop,
I fear o.

Maybe beer dey under the food bill¿...
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Vick4rill(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
I serve in the North too,
Food stuff: 10,000
Data:1200
Transport: None l live within the school premises.
Ppa allowance: 5000
I saved 20k every month,, the joy is that girlfriend is a corper too,, very reasonable and understanding

1 Like

Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Vick4rill(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
GidiCars:
NYSC should be scrapped, the scheme is useless and outlived jgz usefulness. Coming from an ex corps member.
Frustrated corp member
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2021
hilltop007:
That was a one time payment (year)

Ok
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by GidiCars: 8:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
Vick4rill:
Frustrated corp member

Frustrated how?

Oga, I finished serving late last year and life is fair enough. I'm also not jobless. cool
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Emeka71(m): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
juseng:

Could you please breakdown how you were able to save massively from 18k
I earned N19000 Federal Government and N5000 state government.

1 Like

Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Ohraybs(m): 12:26am On Jun 21, 2021
Classickj:

Load mtn 200 and get 500N
Use the 200 to sub 1gb for one week
200x4 = 800 or 1000 sometimes

Those jaara doesn’t last on calls my brother
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Classickj(m): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2021
Ohraybs:

Those jaara doesn’t last on calls my brother
Last for me
who I day call
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Greatzeus(m): 8:58am On Jun 21, 2021
Hamzashaf99:
For those coming from a poor background or anyone that's learnt at any point in life how to save money, I under how the OP can survive that way. I can even survive with less, if I have a savings target, and an account I can't touch. Just put away what you want to save after receiving allawee.

You never know that you can survive with little until you are forced to.

And #1500 data is good enough. No Facebook, insta, minimal Twitter. Use MTN special deal @ 1.5G weekly for 300.
If you need to download anything, use MTN pulse night data. 250mb for 25.

Well-done. And may God bless your hustle.

Wife material spotted grin. You sound very prudent. That's good
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by clovislouis(m): 9:44am On Jun 22, 2021
FRANKOSKI:

Athose are the biggest challenges of the biz bro
bro pls can u send me ur number
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by razorbuzor(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2021
Does anyone know where I can get 100k accommodation in rivers state self con
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Luu40: 9:32am On Jun 27, 2021
Bluezy13:

I often wished to visit gembu a couple of times on invitations of a friend from camp, but i never visited, he told me lots of stories about its terrain. Made me a little jealous.
I guess the long hours drive of about 8 hours from Jalingo discouraged me

Yea, the long journey was discouraging, but it was worth a visit. May be something might take you to Taraba someday
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Bluezy13(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2021
Luu40:

Yea, the long journey was discouraging, but it was worth a visit. May be something might take you to Taraba someday

Yeah...maybe.
Re: Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North by Princeadebayo11(m): 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
hilltop007:
Hello, I am corper serving in a semi-urban area in the north central region of Nigeria. My monthly allowance is N33,000 plus my employer's monthly stipend of N4,000. My monthly total earning is N37,000.

Below is my monthly budget (NGN)

TRANSPORT - 3200
GAS - 1600
FOOD - 15,580
DATA & AIRTIME - 1500
MISCELLANEOUS - 1500

TOTAL MONTHLY EXPENSES - 23,000 (apx)

TOTAL MONTHLY SAVINGS - 14,000 + budget surplus

I have learnt to be frugal and only pay for needs and not wants ever since I started service because cost of living in Nigeria is very high. I am also brain storming on business and farming ideas to venture into to supplement my earnings.

Corpers in the house, how much do you earn, spend and save monthly?
Can you please narrate how you stock the foodstuffs to be balance at 15,000

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is Purely For Corpers *check In* / Female Kebbi Corper Covers Her Face During Orientation (Photo) / Ogun NYSC Camp Is Like 5-star Hotel –NYSC Governing Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.