Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? (18553 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Employers Request Irrelevant Information? / Dear Employers This Is What Motivates Us, So Stop Asking - Topwritersden / 5 Negative Characters Most Nigerian Employers Exhibit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Darkmode64: 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
Silentgroper:
Then what translates to being shy?
Being shy is when you're uncomfortable among people. It should also interest you that "some extroverts" are shy people too. On the other hand, introverts enjoy spending time with just one or two people, rather than large groups or crowds. Both introverts and extroverts can be shy. Introverts just seem to enjoy their own company simply put. That's not shyness.
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Vaughanlanrewaj: 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
TooMuchStuff:

Most introverts have something great within that seldom get expression.
Sir, everyone has something great within. Between the idea and real success is execution. The only temperament that talks more and does little are the sanguines but with the right support, they can still bring forth great result. I will not encourage anyone to be introverted. It's usually a mask for serious flaws and most people around us don't know and have the tools to help most people forming introvert.

1 Like

Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by The5DME(m): 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
I don't think your employer cares what your psychological tendencies are.

3 Likes

Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Vick4rill(m): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
Any serious minded organization knows that empty barrels make the loudest noise.

Except you work for a one-man biz looking for gossip.
Do you even have an idea on the meaning of what an extrovert is?
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Vick4rill(m): 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2021
DigitB:
I once went to present myself to as client for decoration work. He told me how they used to do the decoration before and I agreed that I can do it well and better.

Me don't like talking sef, so I didn't say much to convince him.

He then asked me why I am not suggesting other designs to him, that that was how the former decorators did. I told him no need for me to hype that once I begin to do the work he will see the beauty.

I feel he wanted me to say things I could not do just to convince him.

In the place I work, my boss thinks I'm timid. Just because I'm not a parrot like him
And yet he achieve more than u that you are not a parrot?
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Polynek(m): 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
Nature of the job has all the answer in your question simple
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
grin 2020 was the introvert's best year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Vick4rill(m): 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
socialmediaman:

I think people confuse being an introvert with being anti-social or shy or lacking social skills. They are different. Introverts are people who need more time to themselves to get back into play, it doesn't mean they lack great social skills
Exactly! Many people who are anti social and extremely timid will hide under the excuses that they are introvert and refuse to work on themselves,,, to them extrovert are noise makers with less intelligence than they are.
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by TooMuchStuff: 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
Sir, everyone has something great within. Between the idea and real success is execution. The only temperament that talks more and does little are the sanguines but with the right support, they can still bring forth great result. I will not encourage anyone to be introverted. It's usually a mask for serious flaws and most people around us don't know and have the tools to help most people forming introvert.
You seem very convinced about this..!
You are very correct.
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Shellsploit: 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
naijadrivablog:

grin
My man. "Ethical Hacker".

Wetin be the difference between such hackers and who de hack person Facebook account? grin

Long time bro..
Facebook hackers are script kiddies.
Ethical hackers are trained to protect computer networks from intruders with high knowledge of linux Os with Backtrack "Kali".
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by BuyAndSellStuff: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
Vick4rill:
Do you even have an idea on the meaning of what an extrovert is?

Yes.

An extrovert is an insecure human who constantly has to reassure him/herself by being loud & 'accepted' and seeks validation from others to feel good about him/herself.

Introverts don't need to because they are usually self-confident.

2 Likes

Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Feggie3: 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I think you are getting it absolutely wrong. There are two categories of introverts; Melancholic and Phlegmatic. In both temperaments, being introverted is not considered a strength, it is what they do with the introvert time that matters. You can't succeed phenomenally in life as an introvert. That's why you need to be sure if someone is quiet out of low self esteem or quiet to in a quest to create impact. Introvertism may even stem from a behavioural disorder that should be treated right from childhood.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.
Damn! This is the only write up you've penned down that am giving a 100%. Why then did you join BMC zombie?
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by streetfabulous: 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2021
See, when an introvert wants something, they can go and get it done even if it means a bit of talking. Introverts love to conserve energy and avoid dissipation. It doesn't mean that they cannot rise to the occasion when it is absolutely necessary to do so ( you may be suprised to know that there are great orators who are introverts). Don't be deceived to think they are timid, some actually think too much talking is a sign of weakness. I also think that too much talking and deep thinking are inversely proportional, they more of one you show, the less of the other you will have.

1 Like

Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by DigitB: 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2021
Vick4rill:
And yet he achieve more than u that you are not a parrot?

Incoherent.
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
cayorday89:
God will help us...

As an introvert, I can only say...

R. I. P TO THE OPPORTUNITIES WE MISSED BECAUSE OF OUR SHYNESS AND NATURE...

Painful but true, I'm trying to break out of it. I have come to understand people who only try to be friends with you depend on what you can bring to the table. If you are a free giver, more people tend to come around.

Secondly, I hate being friends with the female folks, I believe they are just looking for those they can get favours from at different points in time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
Dwayne22:
Introvert can't cope with a cooperate organization which makes it difficult for them to work with group of people. They are majorally self employed

You have said it all, and sales job is a job I wouldn't excel in.
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Extroverts exist to amuse or entertain introverts.

Know your place in this world, peasant.

Una want turn am to quarrel now.
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Gfskw: 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
Yes
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Gfskw: 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
Yes:
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Vick4rill(m): 12:34am On Jun 19, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

Yes.

An extrovert is an insecure human who constantly has to reassure him/herself by being loud & 'accepted' and seeks validation from others to feel good about him/herself.

Introverts don't need to because they are usually self-confident.
Nope that is an insecure person not an extrovert,, you need to educate your self on human temperament so you don't keep equating been outspoken as insecure ...There are many quiet people who are still dumb and insecure ,,been quiet doesnt authomatically make one smart,,Cholerics are extrovert and they usually achieve more than phlegmatic can imagine in their lives,,even sanguines with little discipline still achieve more due to their resilence in risk taking, melancholy who are great thinkers use one third of their life wallowing in self pity and doubt. Did it ever occur to you that the most lazy and unambitious people on earth are mostly phlegmatics? Go to Alaba market and major businesses most of the owners are extroverts, just tell me how on earth is buhari better than Donald Trump since u equate knowledge to been quiet.. During your school days didn't u meet extremely dumb people who will never raise a finger up in the class and still have no idea on what to write even during exams? Have u watch Cristiano ronaldo before? That is a clear example of what a chlorsan is:
There are millions of great achievers who are extrovert and still light up the world with their lively and unboring nature.
A guy up there have been fair in helping you cure this ignorance but it seems you are more concern with which traits is better than learning so have a nice day
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by BuyAndSellStuff: 3:30am On Jun 19, 2021
[s]
Vick4rill:
Nope that is an insecure person not an extrovert,, you need to educate your self on human temperament so you don't keep equating been outspoken as insecure ...There are many quiet people who are still dumb and insecure ,,been quiet doesnt authomatically make one smart,,Cholerics are extrovert and they usually achieve more than phlegmatic can imagine in their lives,,even sanguines with little discipline still achieve more due to their resilence in risk taking, melancholy who are great thinkers use one third of their life wallowing in self pity and doubt. Did it ever occur to you that the most lazy and unambitious people on earth are mostly phlegmatics? Go to Alaba market and major businesses most of the owners are extroverts, just tell me how on earth is buhari better than Donald Trump since u equate knowledge to been quiet.. During your school days didn't u meet extremely dumb people who will never raise a finger up in the class and still have no idea on what to write even during exams? Have u watch Cristiano ronaldo before? That is a clear example of what a chlorsan is:
There are millions of great achievers who are extrovert and still light up the world with their lively and unboring nature.
A guy up there have been fair in helping you cure this ignorance but it seems you are more concern with which traits is better than learning so have a nice day
[/s]
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by JentuPrinz(m): 6:37am On Jun 19, 2021
Introverts av the loudest mind
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Olatara(f): 8:29am On Jun 19, 2021
socialmediaman:

I think people confuse being an introvert with being anti-social or shy or lacking social skills. They are different. Introverts are people who need more time to themselves to get back into play, it doesn't mean they lack great social skills
Introverts lack social skills, they don't socialize, they are shy and want their space ( they are never lonely), they give the best results in their field of work.
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by faceland: 8:52am On Jun 19, 2021
It depends on the nature of the work. If it marketing or security, they might not be fit since they can't confront people.

If it's a job that requires team work, they might not fit too. If it's creative work, or factory work, they are great.

If it's in handling cash; I rather deal with an honest introvert than someone who would make friends with others and screw the company (human nature is lazy so social people would eventually shun work together and just gist. People are also naturally ungrateful so they would hate the job that feeds them and resign in mass causing a mess). On the other hand, a dishonest introvert would screw you harder than 10 people.

1 Like

Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by KrazyDave16(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2021
Introverts got friends alright, just they'd rather be talking to them behind their keyboards than face-to-face unless it's to discuss an idea or a fix to a problem, not to engage in silly bants and the everyday "hi" that ends with an "k".

Problem is many people in Nigeria don't understand them and they get ignored most of the time.
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by socialmediaman: 9:31am On Jun 19, 2021
Olatara:
Introverts lack social skills, they don't socialize, they are shy and want their space ( they are never lonely), they give the best results in their field of work.

This is a common misconception. Maybe you should read more or travel more. I know introverts who have very good social skills and they do socialize. They still need their personal space more often. Extroverts are shy as well. both introverts and extroverts give best results at work.
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by philfrey08: 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
They are often the movers and shakers of any society. The Brains, jurists, composers, researchers, programmers, clergy, Medics, intelligences, business gurus, Royals etc

They rule the world with ease cos of excess wisdom

TooMuchStuff is one

Business gurus are marketing and sales experts
Clergymen and women are motivators and good speakers unless monks

Introverts don’t thrive there!
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Jonebby(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Funny!!!!
Nutritionist needed for urgent employment @ Ogba Ikeja Axis
whatsapp-08068183762
Re: Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? by Johncuppa(m): 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
tamdun:
Otedola and Dangote are introvert.... Its very obvious
Add Mike Adenuga, Bishop David Oyedepo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Vacancies / Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Unemployable? / Is This USA Conference Invitation Genuine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.