Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,584 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week (28718 Views)

Berger Paints Plc Becomes First Nigerian Firm To Start 4 Day Work Week / Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done / Which Is Equivalent To Success, Hard Work, Smartwork, Luck? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by NairaMaster1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
eedimo:
Truly jobless poeple would always be the first to comment.
Buhari was right after all.

That means you're jobless now that you are first to comment.

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Tapout(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
A lot of people are guilty of number 3.
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Karleb(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
Why is no one talking about sex, Nairaland or Twitter.
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Take a swim

Smoke your weed

Drink fresh juice

Relax on an engaging movie or video game

Eat good

Sex
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Bayaar02(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
If Benson switch dey, buy like 1 pack.
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Preetti(f): 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
PFBRESOURCES:
1. Play a game
Our first tip is: Play a game! Whether a board game with your family or partner, or a video game on your phone, computer or PlayStation. Playing games will not only make you relax but will force you to use your brain in a very different way from how you normally use your brain when you are at work.

2. Go outside and get some fresh air
Another great way to relax both body and mind is by going outside and just getting out of the house. Sometimes all it takes to relax mentally is to do something physically. If you are up for it after a long work week, go for a run or a walk to get some healthy exercise and think about something other than all the stress you have experienced this week.
3. Disconnect and forget everything that has to do with work

Many people tend to take work home with them over the weekend – but this is not a good way to relax and de-stress after a long work week. If you want to perform your best at work, you should also be able to perform your best at home – and this has absolutely nothing to do with working. That is why you should aim for not thinking about work at all when you are home and off work.

4. Relax your body and brain
There are so many ways to relax your mind and body. So you just have to find out what does the job for you. Do you like listening to music? Do you like to read catching and interesting books? Do you enjoy meditating or doing yoga at home? Or do you prefer to just take a nap when you feel stressed or overwhelmed? No matter what the best way for you to relax is – just do it.

5. Create something with your hands
Whenever you need to take your mind off something, try creating something physically. Do something with your hands. Whether you enjoy cooking, drawing, journaling, taking photos or something completely else, you should definitely try doing it whenever you feel stressed. Try a new recipe, do a drawing-challenge, start bullet journaling or go somewhere where you have never been before to do some photography.

6. Do something fun!
If you truly want to relax – and at the same time do something good for yourself – try doing something fun. No matter how strange it might feel, going directly from a long and hard week of work to doing something really fun and different – it works! Play around with your kid, play outside with your dog, watch a stupid reality show, day dream about your travel plans, watch funny videos on YouTube, and visit your best friend.
nice
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Gucciboy1(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
Unlimited browsing cheat for Airtel, Glo, 9mobile and 100mb daily limit for MTN available for just 1k, WhatsApp me if interested
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by bigcasava1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
PFBRESOURCES:
1. Play a game
Our first tip is: Play a game! Whether a board game with your family or partner, or a video game on your phone, computer or PlayStation. Playing games will not only make you relax but will force you to use your brain in a very different way from how you normally use your brain when you are at work.

2. Go outside and get some fresh air
Another great way to relax both body and mind is by going outside and just getting out of the house. Sometimes all it takes to relax mentally is to do something physically. If you are up for it after a long work week, go for a run or a walk to get some healthy exercise and think about something other than all the stress you have experienced this week.
3. Disconnect and forget everything that has to do with work

Many people tend to take work home with them over the weekend – but this is not a good way to relax and de-stress after a long work week. If you want to perform your best at work, you should also be able to perform your best at home – and this has absolutely nothing to do with working. That is why you should aim for not thinking about work at all when you are home and off work.

4. Relax your body and brain
There are so many ways to relax your mind and body. So you just have to find out what does the job for you. Do you like listening to music? Do you like to read catching and interesting books? Do you enjoy meditating or doing yoga at home? Or do you prefer to just take a nap when you feel stressed or overwhelmed? No matter what the best way for you to relax is – just do it.

5. Create something with your hands
Whenever you need to take your mind off something, try creating something physically. Do something with your hands. Whether you enjoy cooking, drawing, journaling, taking photos or something completely else, you should definitely try doing it whenever you feel stressed. Try a new recipe, do a drawing-challenge, start bullet journaling or go somewhere where you have never been before to do some photography.

6. Do something fun!
If you truly want to relax – and at the same time do something good for yourself – try doing something fun. No matter how strange it might feel, going directly from a long and hard week of work to doing something really fun and different – it works! Play around with your kid, play outside with your dog, watch a stupid reality show, day dream about your travel plans, watch funny videos on YouTube, and visit your best friend.
something fun fuvk?
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by meobizy(f): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
I speak for all Nigerians when I say sleep. Many Nigerians with 9 - 5 jobs wake up at odd hours of the morning to enter their workplaces early. They end up with sleep debt and spend half of Saturday in bed till 2 p.m. Those claiming good sex are jambites and kids who have never worked a day in their lives.

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by eedimo(m): 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
NairaMaster1:

That means you're jobless now that you are first to comment.
That's right for Saturdays
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Gjmff: 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by jonnypie(m): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Calibrator:
Can't even remember the last time I had an off day.

Self employment is actually harder than paid employment.

U right bro I can relate, but u really have to take break by all means tho it not easy... I work 7am to 9pm everyday n Sundays after church but right I'm really thinking of dropping that Sunday what nonsense, I have jus one life to live... Is not how far is how well, not working hard but working smart n is not by hard work only grace will take one to the next level...

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by SilentBurner(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
GeneralPula:
Number 7..

Roll up & blow up..

Nothing helps reduce stress in the body more than weed..
No be lie my man ✌️

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Calibrator: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
Noted.

Gracias.
jonnypie:

U right bro I can relate, but u really have to take break by all means tho it not easy... I work 7am to 9pm everyday n Sundays after church but right I'm really thinking of dropping that Sunday what nonsense, I have jus one life to live... Is not how far is how well, not working hard but working smart n is not by hard work only grace will take one to the next level...
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Austin4Jesus(m): 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
Blessed are those who easily find sleep for they shall easily De-stress..
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by HabaHaba: 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
eedimo:
Truly jobless poeple would always be the first to comment.
Buhari was right after all.

Meaning, you are a jobless youth. As far as concerned, you commented first.
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Gkemz: 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
I work from Monday to Sunday, week to week. No time for all these except at night which I use to rest.
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by eedimo(m): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2021
HabaHaba:

Meaning, you are a jobless youth. As far as concerned, you commented first.
grin
Re: Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week by Wealthier: 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
Swimming is good. I have tried it,one week straight. After each stressful day, I went to swim, omo the night sleep hits different. I slept for not less than 8 hours at a stretch, I even struggled to stay awake after I got up.

Another is IG, it's just a relaxing world for me. Then i can say nairaland

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls, How Can One Succeed With Agricultural Economics? / My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. / Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.