Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. (28227 Views)

"The Girl I Dumped Years Ago Became My Boss At Work" / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / 4 Incredible Ways To Handle A Bad Boss At Work Without Getting Burned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Agabaidu1234: 8:17pm On May 18, 2022
My Experience With my boss at the office today.

Am a serving corps member with one company serving.

At first, I usually carry my boss bag from the office to his car whenever we close (in the evening) but in a recent time he promoted my kind gesture to always call me from the office to pick his bag in the morning not minding whether am busy or not which has being getting me infuriated before now, but I keeps being calm.

The last stroke that broke the camel's back happened today. He called me outside as usual, I picked up the bag from him and he equally went further to tell his friend to equally handed over his own to me, to bring them all to the office although the friend told me not to bother myself, which really got me really mad boldly written in my countenance � and he noticed it which he asked me at the office and I express my displeasure to him in that regard of carrying his friend bag together with his own and he attempted to defend himself by bringing in irrelevant ideas and admonishment, of which I took flimsy excuse that I was not feeling fine and left, but trust me it was still as a result of the anger.

Now, my concerns is that, am I being foolish trying to be nice and at the same time being humble to always doing that for him willingly because I started it which he took it to be daily routine,? And again I want to stop doing that to him from today's on even when am called upon, if he thinks I do them all for him as a result of ignorance or that am being naive( what do you think � that my plan may result to) .
Am talking about a guy who should be in his early thirties( 30) here.

Please �, what's actually your advise to me in this circumstance.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by TNORWAY: 8:19pm On May 18, 2022
Inside all the problem when dey this country?? Na wetin dey bother you be th??

You no no how much be toothpaste now?!

245 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Toktee(m): 8:21pm On May 18, 2022
Is he that engage you?

Are they paying you?

Who the hell is he?

Are you his office assistance?

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by remigreat(f): 8:21pm On May 18, 2022
My advice is try and be diplomatic about it because he might actually be testing your patience. Who knows he might be a good boss tomorrow who could recommend you to higher positions. Don't let the event of today becloud your chances of meeting a destiny helper. My 2 cents bro

268 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by ygowon: 8:25pm On May 18, 2022
Why u go start wetin u no fit finish the first place. Why u no consider all you have considered now before starting at first?

I'm sure you wanted to win his heart and now that u have succeeded in winning it, why do u want to bring in problem that u might later regret?

If you are going to be temporal there, just endure it till u are done with them. If you can't endure, tell him straight that u are busy when next he calls. And always try to be forming busy busy

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Themainboy22: 8:26pm On May 18, 2022
Like the poster above said, never you start what you can not finish. If you say you were doing it out of humility, then continue doing it without complaining, your reward is in heaven. But me and you know you were doing it for for eye service and to found favour in the eyes of your boss, and probably get promoted before your seniors. Now that it has back fired, I will advise if you are the least person (in rank) in the office, you continue doing it till you get a junior. Otherwise, always call/send your junior ones to go and collect the bag from him.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by richiemcgold: 8:40pm On May 18, 2022
This is one of the ripple effects of being overly respectful or nice. Next time, be moderate when dealing with your superiors. Don't be too harsh, but don't be too nice.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by inoki247: 8:42pm On May 18, 2022
You don't start what you can't finish.....

I remember bak den in Primary schl nd Secondary schl you will see student approaching dere teachers to go get bag from dem even make I late for schl nd see any teacher coming with his or her bag I will never approach u mak I chop my cane in peace....

we see slavery as been humble in this part of the world....

You start something u wan come pull out now wu does dat u already gave your boss the impression that you will always be his or her bag carrier so all of a sudden u wan stop him or her on wetin he or she don turn to hobbie...

28 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Parachoko: 8:44pm On May 18, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

Am a serving corps member with one company serving. At first, I usually carry my boss bag from the office to his car whenever we close( in the evening) but in a recent time he promoted my kind gesture to always call me from the office to pick his bag in the morning not minding whether am busy or not which has being getting me infuriated before now, but I keeps being calm.
The last stroke that broke the camel's back happened today. He called me outside as usual, I picked up the bag from him and he equally went further to tell his friend to equally handed over his own to me, to bring them all to the office although the friend told me not to bother myself, which really got me really mad boldly written in my countenance � and he noticed it which he asked me at the office and I express my displeasure to him in that regard of carrying his friend bag together with his own and he attempted to defend himself by bringing in irrelevant ideas and admonishment, of which I took flemzy excuse that I was not feeling fine and left, but trust me it was still as a result of the anger.
Now, my concerns is that, am I being foolish trying to be nice and at the same time being humble to always doing that for him willingly because I started it which he took it to be daily routine,? And again I want to stop doing that to him from today's on even when am called upon, if he thinks I do them all for him as a result of ignorance or that am being naive( what do you think � that my plan may result to) .
Dam!! Is he the one that employ you? If he is not the one that employed you, stop carrying his bag for him.

He is just 30 years and he is using you anyhow like this.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Uniquetani1(f): 8:53pm On May 18, 2022
If I were the one, if he call me next time, won't answer him. It's a formal setting na.
And I will remember him of my job description.

Which one be errand boy?
Na you start am

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by BuyAndSellStuff: 8:55pm On May 18, 2022
remigreat:
My advice is try and be diplomatic about it because he might actually be testing your patience. Who knows he might be a good boss tomorrow who could recommend you to higher positions. Don't let the event of today becloud your chances of meeting a destiny helper. My 2 cents bro

Testing ones patience through slavery.

Your ancestors must be amongst those cowards that jumped onto slave ships gleefully instead of committing suicide or fighting the White Man.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Ttalk: 9:07pm On May 18, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
[s][/s]

Testing ones patience through slavery.

Your ancestors must be amongst those cowards that jumped onto slave ships gleefully instead of committing suicide or fighting the White Man.

Those that commit suicide have long rotten in the sand while the siblings of those you termed slaves are today's, Oprah, Usain Bolt and the rest black American making waves in the world. Stop overrating your worth

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Goldbw122(m): 9:11pm On May 18, 2022
Don't you know that when you give a human one yard he will expect you to give her the whole hundred yard they are not satisfy that is human for you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Reality3080: 9:13pm On May 18, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

Am a serving corps member with one company serving. At first, I usually carry my boss bag from the office to his car whenever we close( in the evening) but in a recent time he promoted my kind gesture to always call me from the office to pick his bag in the morning not minding whether am busy or not which has being getting me infuriated before now, but I keeps being calm.
The last stroke that broke the camel's back happened today. He called me outside as usual, I picked up the bag from him and he equally went further to tell his friend to equally handed over his own to me, to bring them all to the office although the friend told me not to bother myself, which really got me really mad boldly written in my countenance � and he noticed it which he asked me at the office and I express my displeasure to him in that regard of carrying his friend bag together with his own and he attempted to defend himself by bringing in irrelevant ideas and admonishment, of which I took flemzy excuse that I was not feeling fine and left, but trust me it was still as a result of the anger.
this life no start wetin u no go fit finish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by BuyAndSellStuff: 9:13pm On May 18, 2022
Ttalk:

Those that commit suicide have long rotten in the sand while the siblings of those you termed slaves are today's, Oprah, Usain Bolt and the rest black American making waves in the world. Stop overrating your worth

A slave is still a slave no matter how you dress him up.

Your Bill Cosbys, Mike Tysons, Marion Joneses, R. Kellys & co have been cut to size and many more Black slaves will follow suit because they are slaves in America whether they like it or not.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by grafixdon: 9:59pm On May 18, 2022
Moral of the story, never start what you can't finish. cool

9 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Agabaidu1234: 11:38pm On May 18, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Nebes: 1:03am On May 19, 2022
Have strong convictions before embarking on such tasks. Know why you started in the first place.
Don't start what you don't intend to finish.
A very senior man in my field will even send you to go and stay with the mechanic as his car is being worked on. If you are not convinced why you are according him respect, you will die from bitterness.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Karleb(m): 1:48am On May 19, 2022
remigreat:

This is the kind of advice a boyfriend gets from his girlfriend when he is blowing hot. cheesy

Sorry, we are in the era of violence now..

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by haggai247: 5:36am On May 19, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

Eye service gone wrong.
Let what you bring to the table speak for you.
What do I even know...

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Agabaidu1234: 6:53am On May 19, 2022
Karleb:

This is the kind of advice a boyfriend gets from his girlfriend when he is blowing hot. cheesy

Sorry, we are in the era of violence now..
On a more serious note I was just trying to be nice and humble to him at the first place by demonstrating that towards him before he catapulted it to another level. And there are girls there, I don't know whether he does it solely to impress those girls by incessant call of me both morning and evening for the job.
I lack humbleness in that aspect before now, I just decided to try something else this time around and it's boomeranging.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Agabaidu1234: 6:56am On May 19, 2022
Nebes:
Have strong convictions before embarking on such tasks. Know why you started in the first place.
Don't start what you don't intend to finish.
A very senior man in my field will even send you to go and stay with the mechanic as his car is being worked on. If you are not convinced why you are according him respect, you will die from bitterness.

On a more serious note it pains. But am I being foolish by demonstrating that at the first place? I started it as result of kindness and humbleness.
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Agabaidu1234: 6:59am On May 19, 2022
Goldbw122:
Don't you know that when you give a human one yard he will expect you to give her the whole hundred yard they are not satisfy that is human for you.
It's an appalling situation!!! But am I being foolish by doing that at the first place?
Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Goldbw122(m): 7:01am On May 19, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

It's an appalling situation!!! But am I being foolish by doing that at the first place?
You are not but set a limit, tell him straight that you are busy handling sensitive work that need no distraction and see his reaction. Simple

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Moneyboyz: 7:02am On May 19, 2022
Africans and their stupid attitude.
The queen of England carries her own bag as old as she is.
Next time don't be a slave, respect yourself.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Agabaidu1234: 7:03am On May 19, 2022
Toktee:
Is he that engage you?

Are they paying you?

Who the hell is he?

Are you his office assistance?
He is not the one paying me but am attached to him, he is the head of the department where I am.
Am no longer comfortable with the level of the man excess and insolence. And I so much believe I have tolerated much of it.
Am I foolish for being kind at the first place?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Toktee(m): 7:10am On May 19, 2022
Agabaidu1234:
He is not the one paying me but am attached to him, he is the head of the department where I am.
Am no longer comfortable with the level of the man excess and insolence. And I so much believe I have tolerated much of it.
Mo you are not but understand that except you do not dream of working in any organization in Nigeria... I will advise you to tolerate him to the end is to ur advantage.

If you tolerate him you will tolerate many of him out there.

That's how they are almost all over the country.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Richy4(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2022

<< I know that you are new into the system but what was your job description as a serving Corps member at that establishment?
<< Is carrying your bosses' bag part of what u signed for? Try and revisit your job description and stick to it.. if it involves carrying bags, do it because u signed up for it..

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by ygowon: 9:24am On May 19, 2022
Agabaidu1234:
See brother, you have started it and you are working under him. It won't make sense to start changing attitude towards him.

If truly you are humble, continue to be humble. My brother, I assure you, humility pays slot.

If truly you are humble, you won't be considering what the girls would be saying. You won't even see yourself low. Humility brings one pity and appointment.

Remember, since u work under him, the atmosphere might change in the workplace when observes you are feeling big for him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Jubal01: 12:28pm On May 19, 2022
Are you truly a graduate?

Adieu English!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by Nebes: 12:35pm On May 19, 2022
Agabaidu1234:

On a more serious note it pains. But am I being foolish by demonstrating that at the first place? I started it as result of kindness and humbleness.

Don't back out now. You're not foolish but your humility is being tested now. NYSC is not forever. As long as you are not asked to do evil, you will be handsomely rewarded in the long run.
Note that your reward will not necessarily come from your boss. But it will definitely come. Endure the test.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. by olabisitosin33(f): 3:24pm On May 20, 2022
Really

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isah Barde, From Kano Who Designs Moving Robot With Cardboards / Ifeanyi, The Physically Challenged Mechanic In Abakaliki (Photos, Video) / Lady Comes Under Fire For Saying Majority Of Nigerias Are Receiving Above N130k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.