Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination (11963 Views)

Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. / Fulani Groups React As Governor Lalong Tasks Police To Arrest Attackers. / Asari Dokubo And Nnamdi KANU Clashed ,biafra Groups React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Malawian(m): 10:25am On Jun 20, 2021
Sufferingboy:

What is Ika Igbo? Igbos are really shameless.
There is Ika Igbo, there is Ngwa Igbo, there is Wawa Igbo, there is Nri Igbo, there is Ikwere Igbo, there is Etche Igbo, there is Izzi Igbo and so on. All these are independent tribes of the Igbo Nation. You know nothing about how we are constituted, so keep shut and face your minority one tribe nation of your people.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Malawian(m): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2021
Elock1:

If that's the only part they give us as Biafra I do not mind

BTW: why did it keep shrinking
Their attempt to "landlock" us. Reason they be inventing all manner of Ijaw ownership or history in those areas, or tell is those Igbo groups do not see themselves as Igbos. Igboland already stretched out continuously to the sea. Only landgrabbing Ijaw is trying to claim where is not theirs. See how Ijaw even jumped over Ogoni to be claiming ibeno? That would then make it look like they own the other areas underneath us. Igbo problem in Nigeria is 70% Fulani/Yoruba and 30% Ijaw. Notice Ibibio and even Ogoni are not trying to drag land or people with Igbos, only those Ijaw wey their face dey oily like conddom.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Elock1: 11:07am On Jun 20, 2021
Malawian:

Their attempt to "landlock" us. Reason they be inventing all manner of Ijaw ownership or history in those areas, or tell is those Igbo groups do not see themselves as Igbos. Igboland already stretched out continuously to the sea. Only landgrabbing Ijaw is trying to claim where is not theirs. See how Ijaw even jumped over Ogoni to be claiming ibeno? That would then make it look like they own the other areas underneath us. Igbo problem in Nigeria is 70% Fulani/Yoruba and 30% Ijaw. Notice Ibibio and even Ogoni are not trying to drag land or people with Igbos, only those Ijaw wey their face dey oily like conddom.
dunno much, but my Dad told me that after the war some indegenous Igbo, owners of port harcourt who fled during the war came back only to see their houses overtaken and they had to start up in a place like refugee camps.... Dunno how true tho
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Malawian(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2021
Elock1:
dunno much, but my Dad told me that after the war some indegenous Igbo, owners of port harcourt who fled during the war came back only to see their houses overtaken and they had to start up in a place like refugee camps.... Dunno how true tho
Do you know it was mostly Ijaw people that benefited from Abandoned property? That was how they got a foothold in Port Harcourt. Every last Ijaw tribesman in P.H is living in an Igbo abandoned property.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by BKayy: 11:38am On Jun 20, 2021
Elock1:

If that's the only part they give us as Biafra I do not mind

BTW: why did it keep shrinking
Because Ndigbo don't know that they are being conquered.
The next that they are about to take out from the map is Ndoki clan. That is why they are saying Ijaw is in Abia state

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Elock1: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2021
BKayy:

The next that they are about to take out from the map is Ndoki clan. That is why they are saying Ijaw is in Abia state
ijaw dy this My Abia so?
That's the biggest joke I've heard

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Elock1: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2021
Malawian:

Do you know it was mostly Ijaw people that benefited from Abandoned property? That was how they got a foothold in Port Harcourt. Every last Ijaw tribesman in P.H is living in an Igbo abandoned property.
if this is true, so sad, brits from no where just came to ruin people's unity.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Ikinternational: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2021
horsepower102:

Ibom republic will be the best thing to happen to Igbos. They are our achieving neighbors and are focused on economic development unlike the useless " we niger delta' clowns running amok on this forum.

Guy why the uppercut...take it easy abeg

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by BKayy: 11:57am On Jun 20, 2021
Elock1:
ijaw dy this My Abia so?
That's the biggest joke I've heard
No they are not.
They are just trying to acculture and assimilate, just like the way they did to the southern part of the map
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Elock1: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
BKayy:

That one is dead on arrival bcs we can see it
I have never seen any ijaw in Abia
To say na akwaibom I can agree to that.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Ikinternational: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
Mangekyo:

See as you're laughing like a monkey when you've never even achieved your alaigbo yet.
Igbos are so toxic omg now I can see why the Afonjas despise you guys.

We rejected you because we don't think that would be the best decision for us.
Instead of you to move on with your lives, you decide to insult the same people you once wanted to join you in your quest for Biafra. Perhaps you wouldn't have referred to South south as sham or shit if they had originally agreed to join you. Bloody fool. This is why I hate Igbos. We'll start considering teaming up with the Yorubas and Fulani to crush you guys kpata kpata. If you say Niger Delta Republic is just an online dream, then we go sit down for una matter. Let's see how yall will actualize Biafra with your runaway terrorist Dog, lamidi cownu.

Can't believe I actually once admired these people. I'm Anioma and I might even punch any nigger who pulls up and mention to me that I'm igbo. Igbos make me sick. toxic murthafuckas who behave recklessly, you never understand them.

If na enemy una Wan make, we won't mind being your enemies. By the time we're done with you people, Fulani would be child's play

See unraveling...

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that I'll be the first one you punch. Stupid boy

Man pass man

Your $3 ass really think you got a voice...foh
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by ibibiogrl: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
lol, who will allow you form a country? grin
@Gidgiddy,TheTranslator, Elock1, Armaggedon
This is not a Joke! We've fought this fight with the colonial British and we were recognize by them 50yrs b4 Biafra. Educate urselfs with this link; https://www.jstor.org/stable/485085?seq=1
@Igboid we can't carry them along we aren't the same. U can read our difference in this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/609355/whats-major-differance-igbo-people
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Elock1: 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2021
ibibiogrl:

This is not a Joke! We've fought this fight with the colonial British and we were recognize by them 50yrs b4 Biafra. Educate urselfs with this link; https://www.jstor.org/stable/485085?seq=1
@Igboid we can't carry them along we aren't the same. U can read our difference in this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/609355/whats-major-differance-igbo-people
ufan mi
Me as an Igbo man I'm not against Ibom nation.. I love Akwa cross people.
Born in calabar schooled in uyo.. Currently in uyo sef. I just want anything that will move us forward.. Having Ibom as a neighboring country to all igbo Biafra not a bad idea

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by theTranslator: 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2021
ibibiogrl:

I have no business in the east
I just don't like the Igbo way of blackmailing full ethnic groups

Nnamdi made everything worse

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Elock1: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
theTranslator:

I have no business in the east
I just don't like the Igbo way of blackmailing full ethnic groups

Nnamdi made everything worse
nobody is blackmailing anybody.
How if I may ask sir

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by theTranslator: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
Elock1:
nobody is blackmailing anybody.
How if I may ask sir
Check your brothers on NL posts
Bkayy especially

A child can see it
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Elock1: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
theTranslator:

Check your brothers on NL posts
Bkayy especially

A child can see it
I should go about looking for people's post.
State the blackmail if you know any.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by theTranslator: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
Elock1:

I should go about looking for people's post.
State the blackmail if you know any.
Your supreme leader's brainwashing sessions is evidence

I can't fathom how full brained adults would follow such a psychopath
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Igboid: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
ibibiogrl:

Good and fine.
But you have to know you have your own "Ikwerre" problem right in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo.
If given the choice to choose, they would cut you Ibibio and Annang off and proclaim independence too, like you Ibibios have cut Cross River off.
So I would advise you all calm down.
I hope this your quest for Ibom country is not hinged on offshore oil wealth in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo, because you might get a rude awakening.
Be sure you are ready to still have this Ibom country with or without Eastern Obolo and Ibeno, because the way I see it, that's likely going to be the outcome. The FG will simply give Eastern Obolo and Ibeno autonomy from you hinterland Annang and Ibibios, and your game will be up.
And the Oron seem to want their own independence too.
There was an Oron guy here in 2009 who was campaigning for Oron independent country, and you have to know that Oron feel more affiliated to Efik than to you Ibibios and Annangs.
From my angle here, your Ibom country is standing on shaky ground and wouldn't be very hard to squash using fissure lines already existing in the state by deploying efficient divide and rule tactics.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by SlayerForever: 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Elock1:
ufan mi
Me as an Igbo man I'm not against Ibom nation.. I love Akwa cross people.
Born in calabar schooled in uyo.. Currently in uyo sef. I just want anything that will move us forward.. Having Ibom as a neighboring country to all igbo Biafra not a bad idea

Exactly.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by SlayerForever: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:

Good and fine.
But you have to know you have your own "Ikwerre" problem right in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo.
If given the choice to choose, they would cut you Ibibio and Annang off and proclaim independence too, like you Ibibios have cut Cross River off.
I hope this your quest for Ibom country is not hinged on offshore oil wealth in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo, because you might get a rude awakening.
Be sure you are ready to still have this Ibom country with or without Eastern Obolo and Ibeno, because the way I see it, that's likely going to be the outcome. The FG will simply give Eastern Obolo and Ibeno autonomy from you hinterland Annang and Ibibios, and your game will be up.
There was an Oron guy here in 2009 who was campaigning for Oron independent country, and you have to know that Oron feel more affiliated to Efik than to you Ibibios and Annangs.
From my angle here, your Ibom country is standing on shaky ground and wouldn't be very hard to squash using fissure lines already existing the state by deploying efficient divide and rule tactics.

So Ibom republic get all these matter. Wahala plenty o. grin grin grin

But I hear it is only Igbos that don't love themselves. Ndi apari grin
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Igboid: 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
SlayerForever:

So Ibom republic get all these matter. Wahala plenty o. grin grin grin

But I hear it is only Igbos that don't love themselves. Ndi apari grin

Well.
The Ibibio and Annang are getting greedy in this Ibom independent country by thinking they can cut off their brothers in Cross River after stripping them of their oil through legal litigations( not many people Know that Cross River currently don't produce a single ounce of oil, she lost all her offshore fields to Akwaibom in a bitter legal battle).

What they(Ibibio/Annang) don't know is that Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people don't see themselves as Ibibio. They had developed their own independent ethnicities and are constantly bickering about Ibibio and Annang using their oil wealth to develop Uyo and Ikot Ekpene.

If you conduct a referendum today in Akwaibom, the Obolo and Ibeno people would vote for their own independent state, (the Ijaws are even there in Ibeno and Obolo, introducing more trouble) Likewise the Oron. Take away Eastern Obolo and Oron from Akwaibom and Akwaibom will become "almost" (Ikot Abasi has access to ocean though) landlocked and would lose all her current offshore oil claim.

The way I see it, the Ibibio/Annang are the beneficiaries of current Nigerian arrangement.
If they push their luck too much with this Ibom country thing, Nigerian government who gave them Akwa Ibom will take it away by giving autonomy to Obolo and Ibeno and instigating Ibibiophobia there.
Oron already have their own follow come Ibibiophobia and always wanted to be with Efiks who they are more related with.

Ibibio are not in position to be chanting Ibom republic and be greedily excluding Cross River while counting on Ibeno and Obolo oil wealth that doesn't belong to Ibibios.
It's madness.

I hope they realize early and stop the greed by going back to the more inclusive AkwaCross union that we( Ndiigbo) always wanted to see.

I attached the map of Akwaibom for you to see my point.
Atleast 90% of Akwaibom oil wealth is offshore. They don't have much onshore oil Wells. Take away Eastern Obolo and Ibeno and Oron who are not Ibibios and it's game over!

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by SlayerForever: 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:

Well.
The Ibibio and Annang are getting greedy in this Ibom independent country by thinking they can cut off their brothers in Cross River after stripping them of their oil through legal litigations( not many people Know that Cross River currently don't produce a single ounce of oil, she lost all her offshore fields to Akwaibom in a bitter legal battle).

What they(Ibibio/Annang) don't know is that Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people don't see themselves as Ibibio. They had developed their own independent ethnicities and are constantly bickering about Ibibio and Annang using their oil wealth to develop Uyo and Ikot Ekpene.

If you conduct a referendum today in Akwaibom, the Obolo and Ibeno people would vote for their own independent state, (the Ijaws are even there in Ibeno and Obolo, introducing more trouble) Likewise the Oron. Take away Eastern Obolo and Oron from Akwaibom and Akwaibom will become "almost" (Ikot Abasi has access to ocean though) landlocked and would lose all her current offshore oil claim.

The way I see it, the Ibibio/Annang are the beneficiaries of current Nigerian arrangement.
If they push their luck too much with this Ibom country thing, Nigerian government who gave them Akwa Ibom will take it away by giving autonomy to Obolo and Ibeno and instigating Ibibiophobia there.
Oron already have their own follow come Ibibiophobia and always wanted to be with Efiks who they are more related with.

Ibibio are not in position to be chanting Ibom republic and be greedily excluding Cross River while counting on Ibeno and Obolo oil wealth that doesn't belong to Ibibios.
It's madness.

I hope they realize early and stop the greed by going back to the more inclusive AkwaCross union that we( Ndiigbo) always wanted to see.

I attached the map of Akwaibom for you to see my point.
Atleast 90% of Akwaibom oil wealth is offshore. They don't have much onshore oil Wells. Take away Eastern Obolo and Ibeno and Oron who are not Ibibios and it's game over!

Hmm. Very critical arrangement.

But they can all sit together and have agreements concerning distribution of the oil wealth.

However, I've not seen or heard much concerning Ibeno and Obolo wanting a separate entity. Oron, yes.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Elock1: 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2021
theTranslator:

Your supreme leader's brainwashing sessions is evidence

I can't fathom how full brained adults would follow such a psychopath
you have still said nothing.. What exactly are you talking about so we can dissect it
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Sufferingboy(f): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2021
Malawian:

There is Ika Igbo, there is Ngwa Igbo, there is Wawa Igbo, there is Nri Igbo, there is Ikwere Igbo, there is Etche Igbo, there is Izzi Igbo and so on. All these are independent tribes of the Igbo Nation. You know nothing about how we are constituted, so keep shut and face your minority one tribe nation of your people.

Na mumu dey worry you Igbos,hope you know I am a full blooded Ika man?
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Malawian(m): 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Na mumu dey worry you Igbos,hope you know I am a full blooded Ika man?
Who has time for your stupidity?
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by ibibiogrl: 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
Igboid:

Good and fine.
From my angle here, your Ibom country is standing on shaky ground and wouldn't be very hard to squash using fissure lines already existing in the state by deploying efficient divide and rule tactics.
& SlayerForever
U must be mistaking Oron for Ibeno undecided Yes Oron are a sub-group of Efik in AKS. If you read the link of the thread that explained the differences in detail. U would've read that people like U equate Oron & Eket to "Ikwerre denial". But I took time to explain & I will again.
Oron practice the exact same traditions, beliefs like Efik. Though their language is like Efik language mixed with another difficult to understand language which is why they speak Efik as their 2nd language.
Eket are a sub-group of Ibibio their dialect is like Oron version of Ibibio, which is why they speak normal Ibibio as a 2nd language.
Ibeno 1LGA is a part of Eket that their dialect is like Eket influence by Obolo language, becos they're betwn Eket & Obolo. But just like Eket, they practice the same traditions and beliefs like Ibibio.
Since Eket dialect is like Ibibio influence by Oron because some of their LGA are close to each other. Oron used to be closer a bit to Eket out of all the other Ibibio groups, they felt that Eket were not truly Ibibios but just decided to be counted as Ibibio during the colonial period for influence.
But that relationship went SOUR during the war, allegedly when a top general of Eket sold Oron out to be Bomb shocked That was when Oron realized that Eket were true Ibibios.
We Ibibios don't claim any tribe that's not Ibibio. Also Oron get along with Annang than Ibibios. It's the same resentment that Efik has against Ibibio, is what Oron has. If not for the Cross River dividing their land, Oron should've been part of CRS. If the Ibom republic included Efik. The insult in this thread, would have been Extreme. sad
Actually 2state was to be carved out of the former CRS. Akwa Ibom & Itai State for Annang. For now Annang have some understanding with Ibibios, but tomorrow Annangs can campaign for their Itai State kingdom. It wouldn't change anything, because all those groups weren't part of Ibibio State Union. Only different Ibibio subgroup were part of it.
Obolo is just 1small LGA & Oron wants to form a nation with them, it's the Obolos that want to include the 1Ibeno LGA. But Oron knowing that Ibeno is a part of Eket, and learning their lesson from the past, will not be comfortable with that. Including Ibeno would be like including Ibibio that they want to separate from smiley
Finally there's nothing like "AKWA CROSS" that's just term that was form in 2009 to market Ibibio language movie made in AKS in Cross River State. They often included 1-2character speaking Efik in the movie. If you Google Efik & Ibibio, u will read the extreme degoratory insult by Orons & Efiks, saying that Ibibios are stealing & wearing Efik outfit & tradition like Ekpe..etc. Including the "Calabar people", they say Ibibios are claiming to be Calabar people & becoming house boys to tarnish the true Calabar peoples image undecided
Not realizing that it's strangers like U that insist on this false labels and viewing us all as the same people in denial angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by SlayerForever: 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
ibibiogrl:
& SlayerForever
U must be mistaking Oron for Ibeno undecided Yes Oron are a sub-group of Efik in AKS. If you read the link of the thread that explained the differences in detail. U would've read that people like U equate Oron & Eket to "Ikwerre denial". But I took time to explain & I will again.
Oron practice the exact same traditions, beliefs like Efik. Though their language is like Efik language mixed with another difficult to understand language which is why they speak Efik as their 2nd language.
Eket are a sub-group of Ibibio their dialect is like Oron version of Ibibio, which is why they speak normal Ibibio as a 2nd language.
Ibeno 1LGA is a part of Eket that their dialect is like Eket influence by Obolo language, becos they're betwn Eket & Obolo. But just like Eket, they practice the same traditions and beliefs like Ibibio.
Since Eket dialect is like Ibibio influence by Oron because some of their LGA are close to each other. Oron used to be closer a bit to Eket out of all the other Ibibio groups, they felt that Eket were not truly Ibibios but just decided to be counted as Ibibio during the colonial period for influence.
But that relationship went SOUR during the war, allegedly when a top general of Eket sold Oron out to be Bomb shocked That was when Oron realized that Eket were true Ibibios.
We Ibibios don't claim any tribe that's not Ibibio. Also Oron get along with Annang than Ibibios. It's the same resentment that Efik has against Ibibio, is what Oron has. If not for the Cross River dividing their land, Oron should've been part of CRS. If the Ibom republic included Efik. The insult in this thread, would have been Extreme. sad
Actually 2state was to be carved out of the former CRS. Akwa Ibom & Itai State for Annang. For now Annang have some understanding with Ibibios, but tomorrow Annangs can campaign for their Itai State kingdom. It wouldn't change anything, because all those groups weren't part of Ibibio State Union. Only different Ibibio subgroup were part of it.
Obolo is just 1small LGA & Oron wants to form a nation with them, it's the Obolos that want to include the 1Ibeno LGA. But Oron knowing that Ibeno is a part of Eket, and learning their lesson from the past, will not be comfortable with that. Including Ibeno would be like including Ibibio that they want to separate from smiley
Finally there's nothing like "AKWA CROSS" that's just term that was form in 2009 to market Ibibio language movie made in AKS in Cross River State. They often included 1-2character speaking Efik in the movie. If you Google Efik & Ibibio, u will read the extreme degoratory insult by Orons & Efiks, saying that Ibibios are stealing & wearing Efik outfit & tradition like Ekpe..etc. Including the "Calabar people", they say Ibibios are claiming to be Calabar people & becoming house boys to tarnish the true Calabar peoples image undecided
Not realizing that it's strangers like U that insist on this false labels and viewing us all as the same people in denial angry

Hmm. Very very interesting. So there's actually a divide between Erik and Ibibio? Is this divide that pronounced? Because from an outsider's perspective such divide hardly exists. I actually thought Efik would go with Ibom republic as default. Many AKS people like to form familiarity with Efik CRS people here like you guys are best of companions. So Efik is not going too? I'd think not though.

Again, I must ask, in all honesty, if AKS groups like Ibibio, Annang, Oron, Eket, Ibeno all have similar culture and language then why are they so standoffish with each other? It's shocking. Give me some insights please. Thank you.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by ibibiogrl: 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
SlayerForever:

Hmm. Very very interesting. So there's actually a divide between Erik and Ibibio? Is this divide that pronounced? Because from an outsider's perspective such divide hardly exists. I actually thought Efik would go with Ibom republic as default. Many AKS people like to form familiarity with Efik CRS people here like you guys are best of companions. So Efik is not going too? I'd think not though.

Again, I must ask, in all honesty, if AKS groups like Ibibio, Annang, Oron, Eket, Ibeno all have similar culture and language then why are they so standoffish with each other? It's shocking. Give me some insights please. Thank you.
& Igboid
There has always been a huge divide between Efik and Ibibios; that's why AKS was created out of the old CRS. The resentment is extreme with constant degoratory comments, when ever the 2groups are mentioned together. Infact just go through my post history replies to as recently as last year. sad

Again like I said Eket & Ibeno are a sub-group of Ibibio. They're like Ikwerre version of Ibibio without the denials.
Obolo is ijaw, Oron is a sub-group of Efik & so holds similar resentment of Efik against Ibibio. Annang are a separate group with their own unique culture etc... All these groups can be comparable to Ijaws and Igalas living with Igbos in the same state/area and influencing each other especially in language & food. But still maintaining most of their unique cultural identities and beliefs... etc.
U CAN READ THESE DIFFERENCES IN DETAILS HERE IN THIS THREAD; https://www.nairaland.com/609355/whats-major-differance-igbo-people

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by SlayerForever: 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
ibibiogrl:

& Igbo.id
There has always been a huge divide between Efik and Ibibios; that's why AKS was created out of the old CRS. The resentment is extreme with constant degoratory comments, when ever the 2groups are mentioned together. Infact just go through my post history replies to as recently as last year. sad

Again like I said Eket & Ibeno are a sub-group of Ibibio. They're like Ikwerre version of Ibibio without the denials.
Obolo is ijaw, Oron is a sub-group of Efik & so holds similar resentment of Efik against Ibibio. Annang are a separate group with their own unique culture etc... All these groups can be comparable to Ijaws and Igalas living with Igbos in the same state/area and influencing each other especially in language & food. But still maintaining most of their unique cultural identities and beliefs... etc.
U CAN READ THESE DIFFERENCES IN DETAILS HERE IN THIS THREAD; https://www.nairaland.com/609355/whats-major-differance-igbo-people

Okay. Thank you very much for the response. It clarifies things a lot.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by KingOKON: 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
ibibiogrl:

& Igboid

Just like us the Igbos have the Ngwas, Bendes, Afikpos, Nris, mbise, Orlu, Wawas, Akwa and many other clusters that form the IBO group.
The language varies deeply compare to the dialect spoken in Akwaibom down to Southern cross river.
The word AkwaCross predates any movie industry, it is what has been used since the creation of Akwaibom mainly by all former indigenes of CrossRiver living in Lagos, Rivers, Pleateu etc states whenever they have meetings.
In lagos since the 1990s it is a well know group in different part of the state with members my father, uncles being one.

When the Ibibio Union was formed in 1914 or thereabout, there was nothing like Ibibio, Anang, Oron, Eket the merchant of light that were sent on scholarship to Europe were all under the Ibibios umbrella.
The man that introduced the ethnic divide into the AkwaCross region was Nnamdi Azikiwe simply to spite and divide the agitation of the COR( Calabar Ogoja Rivers) proponents, the Obong of Calabar being at the front.

He created Chiefs and recognized them while nothing of such was done in the core IBO areas where the Obi lord over.

Below is just a review of a book I will like you to check out

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2676026666023556&id=100008487468798&refid=17&_ft_=mf_story_key.2676026666023556%3Atop_level_post_id.2676026666023556%3Atl_objid.2676026666023556%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100008487468798%3Aoriginal_content_id.4186019478086013%3Aoriginal_content_owner_id.100000340055546%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2676026666023556%3Astory_location.4%3Aattached_story_attachment_style.photo%3Athid.100008487468798%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1625122799%3A3694471018765038809&__tn__=%2AW-R&_rdr.

https://www.nairaland.com/4469353/unravelling-itu-land-amazing-historical
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Igboid: 12:49am On Jun 25, 2021
KingOKON:

Just like us the Igbos have the Ngwas, Bendes, Afikpos, Nris, mbise, Orlu, Wawas, Akwa and many other clusters that form the IBO group.
The language varies deeply compare to the dialect spoken in Akwaibom down to Southern cross river.
The word AkwaCross predates any movie industry, it is what has been used since the creation of Akwaibom mainly by all former indigenes of CrossRiver living in Lagos, Rivers, Pleateu etc states whenever they have meetings.
In lagos since the 1990s it is a well know group in different part of the state with members my father, uncles being one.

When the Ibibio Union was formed in 1914 or thereabout, there was nothing like Ibibio, Anang, Oron, Eket the merchant of light that were sent on scholarship to Europe were all under the Ibibios umbrella.
The man that introduced the ethnic divide into the AkwaCross region was Nnamdi Azikiwe simply to spite and divide the agitation of the COR( Calabar Ogoja Rivers) proponents, the Obong of Calabar being at the front.

He created Chiefs and recognized them while nothing of such was done in the core IBO areas where the Obi lord over.

Below is just a review of a book I will like you to check out

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2676026666023556&id=100008487468798&refid=17&_ft_=mf_story_key.2676026666023556%3Atop_level_post_id.2676026666023556%3Atl_objid.2676026666023556%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100008487468798%3Aoriginal_content_id.4186019478086013%3Aoriginal_content_owner_id.100000340055546%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2676026666023556%3Astory_location.4%3Aattached_story_attachment_style.photo%3Athid.100008487468798%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1625122799%3A3694471018765038809&__tn__=%2AW-R&_rdr.

https://www.nairaland.com/4469353/unravelling-itu-land-amazing-historical

So you mean it was Zik and not the British who created the warrant chiefs in the whole Eastern region including Igboland?

See let me tell you something. You cannot build true unity by uniting yourselves behind lies built on dressing Ndiigbo up as devils who are out to harm all of you.
Such lies can only travel so far before it comes crumbling.
The only Obi we have in Igboland is Obi Onitsha, and the Obis of Nnewi villages. Obi of Onitsha was not a colonial creation.

See, you minorities must take your time o!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Defections: Why Senators, Reps May Lose Seats / Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Nnamani (LP), Affirms Apga's Ikwechegh / CBN Didn't Order Closure Of Church Accounts — CBN , Apex Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.