Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) (60389 Views)

Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / Floods At 3rd Mainland Bridge, Oworo Estate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Bluffly: 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Voy:
just answer me one question bro

What’s the full meaning of LAWMA

take time o!
He has a point. There is a standard, acceptable and legal way of disposing refuse/waste which doesn't include disposal of waste into drainages. You can't dispose waste unlawfully and be looking for the definition of LAWMA
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by michoim(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
This cannot be a little rain. You are not sincere...
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Burruchaga71(m): 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
Is this truly Lagos?
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Icelake111: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Please i need a business logo for small amount
Please call me.08062539357
Or drop your contact
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Franckelv230: 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Monogamy:
Most of the drainages have been blocked by refuse hence the water will always stay around after raining.

Before blaming the local government chairman, blame the people that are disposing their waste into the gutter..

Na to use boat... grin

I hate it when people just wake up to spew thrash about something they know nothing about.

This very road was finished in the last minute of ambode's regime. The contractor conniving with the LG chairman did more damage to the road than it was.

After grading the road for more than a year, it was during the election week that the contractors returned the same sand they were supposed to take off the road, to fill the road and then fixed interlocking bricks. Did I tell you that before that time, the whole drainage were already falling off. Some already filled with sand they abandoned on the road, but they only covered it like that.

We are always ready to blame the people when we know how cruel every member of Nigeria government is.

Be it rainy or dry season, jimoh road is not roadworthy.
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by abbey621(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
This was the USA( Michigan) in 2020, flood does not respect anybody even in advanced countries with proper maintainence so what do we expect of a place where the people dump refuse into the drainage and see the rain as a form of waste disposal?

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by HOKIM(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lanretoye:
Go to VI,yoy still see flooded areas.if na cos of flood you wan criticise the govt,you dont have a basis.flood in your area doesnt mean the whole lagos is flooded.i live close to that area in alimosho and there is nothing like flood here.
Sometimes when some people come out to blame the govt even for rainfall i wantto ask for their electricity bill,psp/lawma bill and other utility bills then you know why the govt doesnt work.

LOL, how can u say theres no flood in that area. . .i live very close by and walk to egbeda everyday. . .small rain and that area is floored. . .the roads are all damaged due 2 the flood. . .the govt started a project constructing drainage through the sasha axis but av abandoned the project. . .making the floored even worse. . .the govt in Nigeria just seem to be getting worse daily. . .
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Gucciboy1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
Get free unlimited browsing cheat on Airtel Glo and 9mobile for just 1k
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by tobstarizhia(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
It's not just the government but the people's mentality. Lagos should go the route of Rwanda and make littering illegal. If people keep dumping their thrash in the open gutters then when rain falls, the thrash gets cluttered and what you have is a stopper in a sink. The government also needs to endeavour to cover all open gutters in the state. Some bastard litterbugs will just be tempted to litter even though there's a bin a stone throw from them

2 Likes

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by VaselineCrew: 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
History555:

The solution is simple stop building roads with open drainage. Cover the drainage. If possible build the side walks on the drainage. Create few holes by the side of the drainage to allow for water to flow from the road into the drainage. Go to algiers, u won't see open drainage. We make simple things look big

Wish I could like this a billion times.

They leave open gutters and wonder why stuff enters an OPEN gutter

1 Like

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Fashsilo(m): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
;DAll those places are rural area of lagos grin
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by RexTramadol1: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
Goldbw122:
This one na boat project ooo lol well they should find a way to direct the water or flood to a near by drainage..

Lol dem suppose request for Lagferry
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Voy:
suffering and smiling gang

U should criticize the govt for erytin dats not going the right way!

U dey ur alimosho mansion yea?
Na human being dey live for all those Flooded axis, are u in a way asking em to sit, watch and clap for the govt??
Cos u jus asked em not to criticize the govt

Bro be calming down

Why not put urself in their shoes??
Nigerians hold the Govt to standards even they themselves can't attain.

You'll see the idiots that dump their litter and refuse in the streets, drains complain about flooding from blocked drainages and blame the govt.

Irresponsible lot.
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Bifwoli: 3:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
Monogamy:

Trash are supposed to be left for LAWMA but how many houses in Lagos are enrolling with LAWMA?
It might be the many many informal street traders doing it.Do they have a trash collection registry for them?
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Monogamy: 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bifwoli:
It might be the many many informal street traders doing it.Do they have a trash collection registry for them?

The private refuse collector are everywhere self

OBALOLA55

1 Like

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by lana1878(m): 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
People keep shifting the blame of flood to the government. Just wondering if it's the government that litters the drainage system with sachet water bags, plastic bottles and even to the extent of some idiots emptying their waste into the drainage.

Small rain now. Boom flood. Yet Buhari and Sanwo-Olu takes the blame.

1 Like

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Kenog4real(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
People go bash Lagos as usual. These pictures below were taken late 2020 in china after a brief rainfall. Shenyang to be precise.
They were actually videos but I don't have time posting videos so I just took a screenshot.

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Monogamy:
Most of the drainages have been blocked by refuse hence the water will always stay around after raining.

Before blaming the local government chairman, blame the people that are disposing their waste into the gutter..

Na to use boat... grin
Basically humans are their own problems most of the time. If I bought pure water or bottle water on the road, I’m so taking the empty bottles home to dump in my bin as there are little or no bin on these roads. Literally, a better Nigeria starts with the average Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Emeka71(m): 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
Voy:
suffering and smiling gang

U should criticize the govt for erytin dats not going the right way!

U dey ur alimosho mansion yea?
Na human being dey live for all those Flooded axis, are u in a way asking em to sit, watch and clap for the govt??
Cos u jus asked em not to criticize the govt

Bro be calming down

Why not put urself in their shoes??
This is my uncle's area at Egbeda.
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by chaloskyx: 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
the centre of excellence and best state in Nigeria
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Omoluabi16(m): 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
I know this street. Every time I pass there, I shake my head. The shop owners, people living there how do they even cope? There's even one church there like that. With the refuse and all, It won't surprise me if there are snakes in there.
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
LAGFERRY we need one boat here... lagos overhyped slum
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by imagrg(m): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
We Underdeveloped the country.
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by massingale(m): 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
The bad spot at Ikeja along has been causing serious gridlock from Bolade Oshodi down to Ikeja. Government has failed to pay attention and causing commuters hardship on the road. Our govt no send us !!

Voy:
What This Little Rain Caused This Morning

This is somewhere around Akowonjo rd, Jimoh bus stop to be precise.

It has been like this since time immemorial yet u say y’all have a working govt??

And I heard alimosho local govt chairman is the best LG chairman in Lagos

How!!!

1 Like

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Blackdisciple(m): 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
In my side we are still hoping for rain.
It has been a sunny Saturday.
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Titay(f): 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
Voy:
What This Little Rain Caused This Morning

This is somewhere around Akowonjo rd, Jimoh bus stop to be precise.

It has been like this since time immemorial yet u say y’all have a working govt??

And I heard alimosho local govt chairman is the best LG chairman in Lagos

How!!!
This one Na omiyale. Abeg what is the work of the local Govt chairman in Nigeria
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by NewBeijing(f): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Sanwo-olu is working
Fashola has worked
Ambode has worked
Sanwo olu
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Gjmff: 10:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best European Country To Live In. / Bride's Mother Dies While On Her Way To Daughter's Wedding Reception In Ibadan / Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.