Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,098 members, 7,953,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:47 PM

Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic (1061 Views)

Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? / In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting / Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by bigpriik: 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
Its a good news we should be happy about.
If akwaibom becames a country that means imo river will belong to no one,it will just be a boundary between two countries,all we have to do is dredge it and build a port upland,
Secondly since ibibio have realised it wunt be a good idea to share the same country with ijaws,i think this will discourage ogonis and the rest from joining them too,the opobos and ubanis (Bonny) will have the option of choosing between igbos and ijaws.
You guess is as good as mine... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Idiko1: 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
Please allow the Ibom people to decide their fate and leave Igbo out of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Bahun(m): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bigprik
bigpriik:
If akwaibom becames a country that means imo river will belong to no one,it will just be a boundary between two countries,all we have to do is dredge it and build a port upland,
Secondly since ibibio have realised it wunt be a good idea to share the same country with ijaws,i think this will discourage ogonis and the rest from joining them too,the opobos and ubanis (Bonny) will have the option of choosing between igbos and ijaws.
Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Tranquillity360: 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
Are we Igbos against it before.

Or do you see Igbos loose sleep over it like foolish Nigerians does over Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by flamingREED(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
If there's any tribe in Nigeria that Igbos can call brothers, it's them.
I support them wholeheartedly.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by ogbuefi677(m): 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
flamingREED:
If there's any tribe in Nigeria that Igbos can call brothers, it's them.
I support them wholeheartedly.
Exactly.
My brother is married to an Ibibio lady.
They share plenty culture,dressing,food with parts of Igbo land like Ohafia,Arochukwu etc

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by greatdreamer(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
Akwa Ibom Republic will not have any problem of sharing boundary with Biafra because We share so many similarities e.g intermarriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by UCyril: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
Nothing like ibom republic .... It's akwa cross republic. Akwa ibom and cross rivers State should unite. They share so many things in common

3 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Igboid: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
UCyril:
Nothing like ibom republic .... It's akwa cross republic. Akwa ibom and cross rivers State should unite. They share so many things in common

AkwaCross will be hard to be achieved.
Ibibio new found oil wealth means that she will nolonger accept to play second fiddle to Efik who were used to being the leaders of AkwaCross union.

Hopefully they get over the little squabbles and unite.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by ChangedMan1999(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
cry

Umunne, stop being emotional.

ND is the goose that lays the golden eggs(oil) for Nigeria.

NG won't dream of letting it go, when the oil is still there.
Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
bigpriik:

I have never seen people emotionally battered like the current crop of people who parades themselves as igbos.

How can someone be more fixated on another man's communnty, what they think and are always stalking them every minute of the day.

If not ikwerre today it will be agbor tomorrow. always trying to know what the people say

most of these ipob ragtags have relegated their own community to dust because he is interested in opobo man's opinion and sale off his tiny unknown community just to make another famous.

What is the business of igbo man to what an ibom man what or are some people not comfortable because they wanted their own republic.
Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Dovegrey: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2021
[color=#000000][/color] ABOKIgrin
Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Elock1: 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Are we Igbos against it before.

Or do you see Igbos loose sleep over it like foolish Nigerians does over Biafra.
as in ehn, what and igbo man wants its going out of the shithole, we do not care if it devides into 50 parts
Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Liebermantic: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
I'm so excited about seeing the agitation for self determination by Ibom people.. Akwaibom should go along with their Cross River brothers..
Do you know Akwaibom people in Lagos State most definitely identify with Ndigbo than any group?
In Lagos,Most Akwaibom people join Igbo social friends clubs and meetings..
Akwaibom to the World..
I'm proudly Igbo from Mgbede, Egbema In ONELGA, Rivers State.. My LGA is the largest producer of Oil and gas in Rivers State..
Igbo people should clamor for all Igbo-speaking Biafra republic..
Nnamdi Kanu has awakened Igbo ethnic consciousnesses among us... BIAFRA through Plebiscite,not through bullets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by blues234: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ndi IPOB, opening thread up and down and dragging Igbos into it. Una no dey rest. Nawao! angry
Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by blues234: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I have never seen people emotionally battered like the current crop of people who parades themselves as igbos.

How can someone be more fixated on another man's communnty, what they think and are always stalking them every minute of the day.

If not ikwerre today it will be agbor tomorrow. always trying to know what the people say

most of these ipob ragtags have relegated their own community to dust because he is interested in opobo man's opinion and sale off his tiny unknown community just to make another famous.

What is the business of igbo man to what an ibom man what or are some people not comfortable because they wanted their own republic.

See, I have begin to see reasons behind your rebuking posts, even though it is unpopular with these guys. It is a pity to watch these since yesterday, just getting overworked over a simple declaration. Dragging Igbos up and down, and creating unnecessary threads.
Ndi IPOB really need to work on their emotion. It is getting very annoying, to say the least

1 Like

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
blues234:

See, I have begin to see reasons behind your rebuking posts, even though it is unpopular with these guys. It is a pity to watch these since yesterday, just getting overworked over a simple declaration. Dragging Igbos up and down, and creating unnecessary threads.
Ndi IPOB really need to work on their emotion. It is getting very annoying, to say the least

Thanks but soon they see your post they will all tag you non Igbo for rejecting a scam called Kanu.

Well the issue is that the damage nnamdi kanu has done to many youths will be difficult to reverse. He has Psychologically and emotionally destroyed them to the extent that someone will be more interested to always know what others say.

They will open more threads for ijaw, urhobo and even create moniker impersonating these ethnicities just to what end.

nuff said.

1 Like

Re: Why We Igbos Should Support Ibom Republic by Whiteangel1234: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ibom Republic is a good idea I support it

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Cannot Defeat The Igbo And Yoruba At The Same Time / Kiddwaya’s Mother, Susan Waya Kick Starts Her Governorship Campaign In Benue / w

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.